HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3
"Trey" Taylor fired as football coach from Robinson...
Posted by: Steve Buckhands ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:38PM

How long til Taylor is fired from Robinson?

Robinson has gotten rid of two of their solid and well-liked Health and PE teachers (who also coached) just so they can bring in Taylor and one of his cronies from Woodson. Robinson staff isnt too happy about it. And Taylor is known for alienating staff so it will be a rocky road early.

On top of that, Robinson students and parents are starting to freak out at how much Taylor is over working the students and it isnt even June yet. All of that overworking last year led his Woodson team to a record high 45 concussions in one season and a JV team that was down to 12 kids. His Robinson team this year might break that record.

So lets set the over/under of his firing at 2 years. I say under! What say you?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "Trey" Taylor fired as football coach from Robinson...
Posted by: by.stander ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:54PM

It will be interesting to see the support the great Rams booster orgainzation provides. They seem like a group that stays close to what goes on with the team.

Where id you get the data on the number of concussions?

Posted by: Woodson football player ()
Date: May 17, 2011 04:58PM

As a sophomore at woodson i'd like to say that there is no way that coach taylor is a bad coach. His philosophy is tough but that makes you stronger. As for the concussion total that is an outrageous number and you need to check your facts because there is no way that is true. The whole team would be out then and that clearly didn't happen... the JV team also had many more than 12 I'd say about 25 so again check your facts. Thank you

Posted by: Stu Vetter ()
Date: May 17, 2011 06:51PM

I dont know about 45 concussions, but I do have a neighbor whose son plays for Woodson and they were telling me during the season that the varsity coach there (I guess it was Taylor last season) totally crushed the players all season. They said that by mid-season the kids bodies were like end of the year condition. I also remember them telling me that the guy was kind of a bully so some of the kids. Dont know if that is true, just relaying what was said by a player on the team. From hearing them talk it sounds like most of the kids at Woodson are pretty happy that he's gone. If any of what I've heard is true, he wont last too long at Robinson.

Posted by: dumbasses ()
Date: May 17, 2011 09:14PM

Stop talking shit when you have no idea. Coach Taylor worked the players hard, but 45 concussions is ridiculous. We had 50 kids on our varsity roster. Maybe 5-10, about 2/3 of them starters. The assistants he's bringing with him are good coaches. He works you hard to win football games. We had a down year last year, what about the previous two seasons? Winning is what matters at any school. Enough with these dumbass discussions, y'all can talk after the season.

Posted by: Dad ()
Date: May 18, 2011 05:33AM

My son is a returning Varsity player who is participating in the off season conditioning program. The workouts are definately not for sissies but the kids have bought into what the new staff is doing. I have asked at least 10 returning players what they thought of the new coaches and every one has said they like them. Had a chance to meet Coach Taylor 2 weekends ago and came away with a very good impression.

Posted by: Father ()
Date: May 18, 2011 08:48AM

As a father of a Robinson student on the team, I will reserve judgement until later, but I will say that my early impression is that Coach Taylor may be a little full of himself. I know my son and some of his friends think the guy is kind of a little napoleaon. I told him thats the way most football coaches are. Especiall ones that are 4 foot 11 like Taylor is. Either way, Im going to reserve judgement until later, but the early indications arent that promising to be honest. I will say that my son actually does like his assistants. So thats a good thing, I guess.

Posted by: Woodson Senior ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:35AM

I was a 4 year starter for Coach Taylor at Woodson. I am graduating this year. He is a total deuche. All he cares about is himself. HE doesnt give a crap about us kids. The underclassmen should be happy.

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:37PM

I figured Taylor would get canned, but I didnt think it would happen this soon! This is what happens when you bully kids and treat other teachers in the school like crap. Goes around comes around!

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: May 18, 2011 02:39PM

Way to read past the thread title, Wow!

Posted by: former ()
Date: May 18, 2011 05:52PM

which two coaches are gone? what was their story? if they were decent coaches, why didn't Taylor keep them?

I can't believe the school would make them get new positions. I actually heard one is going to go teach at a rival school... doesn't sound pretty.

Posted by: Yayo ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:24PM

I know a couple of Robinson coaches are headed over to South County!

One of the coaches is a finalist for the South Lakes job

Posted by: yayoooo ()
Date: May 18, 2011 06:43PM

one signed on at lake braddock

Posted by: A Voice in the Crowd ()
Date: May 18, 2011 10:00PM

I think Taylor will do a great job at Robinson. It is not like Woodson has D1 Football players roaming the halls year in and year out. If the Robinson Players buy in to his philosophy, they will have success. What is wrong with working hard towards a common goal? I heard many players really liked him. I heard the ones who did not were not as good as they thought they were. Time will tell. Let's see what people are saying this time next year.

Posted by: Robinson PE teacher ()
Date: May 19, 2011 11:02AM

We werent football coaches. We coached other sports at Robinson, but we were good at our job. Now they are bringing in an overweight and out of shape guy (Taylor) to be a PE teacher which is laughable. This isnt about football. This should be about getting the best teachers possible. Taylor surely isnt that. I dont care if he coaches football at Robinson. What I do care about is admin getting rid of good teachers for a football coach. An average coach at that!

Posted by: Memory Mike ()
Date: May 23, 2011 08:10PM

I heard the same thing. This guy could be canned as soon as next week. Apparently lots of the Robinson parents arent happy. Im not surprised considering how many concussions the Woodson kids got IN PRACTICE last season.

Posted by: Robinson Parent ()
Date: May 24, 2011 12:25AM

This thread is absolute nonsense, take it from a parent of a kid on the team, the players are buying in to the hard work and like the guy. Wait till this Fall when you see the Rams on the field. My son also plays on a club soccer with a couple Woodson football players, and they both had nothing but good things to say about Coach Taylor and all the parents I have spoken to seem to like Coach Taylor as well.

There were some rumblings that Coach Taylor didn't do enough in the past to warrant the job, if that's what you're talking about. Robinson decided to hire him though, and we back the decision. He has done nothing to suggest he cannot handle the posistion.

Then all this concussion talk is false. Just slander, probably from a coach that did not get the job.

Posted by: Woodson Parent ()
Date: May 24, 2011 08:41AM

The guy isnt getting fired... Yet. But not everything mentioned in these posts is false. As a parent who has had to deal with this guy for the last 4 years, I offer this advice to Robinson parents - Keep him in check and keep a close eye on him. He started off at Woodson as a pretty easy going guy. By the time he was done, he was a complete bully to kids, impossible for parents to talk to, would bad mouth kids that he didnt like to college scouts, and was rude to other staff members (and other coaches on his staff). Again, he wasn't always like that. It came as he got more comfortable and as he won a few games. His ego grew taller than him after that district championship.

I wanted to remind him at times that he is a coach of kids and that he should be trying to build them up, not tear them down. I also wanted to remind him that it was his playcalling that led to their REgional Championship loss to Braddock 2 years ago. His playcalling directly led to that loss.

Who knows.. People do change, so perhaps Taylor takes this move to Robinson as an opportunity to change who he is and become a better person. I hope so. But just know that he has his own agenda and sometimes the kids well-being is not part of that agenda. This is coming from a parent of a 4 year varsity starter under Taylor. So I have at least a little bit of knowledge about the guy. This guy can be bad news. Stay on top of him and let him know that you are watching.

Posted by: Another Parent ()
Date: May 25, 2011 01:50PM

No doubt about it - this guy is a trainwreck. He cost us the Region with his boneheaded playcalling 2 years ago. And he has consistantly let down his seniors when looking for solid recomendations from their high school coach for college. What a jerk. The guy has one person he's committed to - Himself. An all-time ego maniac. I wouldnt be surprised if Robinson fires him within three years.

Posted by: Bill Lumburgh ()
Date: June 16, 2011 09:26PM

Has he been fired yet?!?! I heard that the DSA at Woodson has a man-crush on Coach Taylor and wants to go to Robinson with him...

Posted by: mikrat ()
Date: June 17, 2011 11:13AM

He stinks.

Posted by: Eugene ()
Date: June 17, 2011 12:29PM

Th DSA at Woodson is a guy named Daniel Chykofsky. My son is graduating this year. Chykifsky really does like Taylor. Maybe a little too much. From all reports coming from Woodson, Chykofsky is yelling at kids who for rooting against Taylor and Robinson next year. Apparently Chykoksky would rather see Taylor succeed than his own Woodson program. Good thinking, Danny boy! Way to alienate your students and staff!!!

Posted by: Woodson Player ()
Date: June 21, 2011 10:09PM

Taylor is a deuche! So is Chykofsky!

Posted by: Coach Taylor ()
Date: June 21, 2011 11:45PM

Leviticus 2:13 - "Thou shalth noth wreckinth thy knowledge of the sort"

This verse is applicable to the epitome of the plethora of misconceived notions prevalent in today's orifice. As coach of this fine squadron of bretheren and apostles for three fort nights and one parsec I might add, I find it egregious that i am being badmouthed on here by you swine of the darkness, wretched fiend, spawn of satan, etc. I led this team to four state championships, three international state global national district championship boats, and the famed mexico triple A wiffle-ball galore extravaganza fiesta barmitzah galore, for the cure. While doing this i inspired a generation unbeknownst to Robinson nor woodson. Sorry Robinson you'll have to deal with my bitch tits and 4-11 physique that inspires phalluses of all men to see. Let me leave you with a quote to ponder

- Its not the size of the dog in the heart, its the size of the dog in the dog. These technological advances see the end of man here in 2011
- Play-doh

- Trey Taylor

Posted by: Mike Joneses ()
Date: June 21, 2011 11:47PM

Coach Taylor, Your out of fricken mind. I wont have any more of this tom - foolery, shenanigans, hijinx, etc, of the sort. You know you only had two esteemed football championships. Stop this hyperbole now!

concerned fan, Mike Jones

Posted by: Abraham Lincoln ()
Date: June 22, 2011 12:12AM

"Hey don't go quoting things that aren't true"

Abraham Lincoln

Posted by: Dale Eaton ()
Date: June 30, 2011 12:21PM

Is he still employed?!?!

Posted by: Robinson Parent ()
Date: June 30, 2011 03:29PM

So far, he is still there. But parents are starting to talk about his treatment of the players... A little over the top...

Posted by: Ram Dad ()
Date: June 30, 2011 04:24PM

I say BS. My son is in the program and says the players have bought into what the coaching staff is doing. His conditioning program is not for sissies and that's a good thing. The best players are playing in the passing league and that's a good thing too. Not everyone gets a trophy or equal playing time. That is earned.

Posted by: Ram Player ()
Date: June 30, 2011 05:13PM

I dont know about his conditioning program being a good thing. My buddy over at Woodson told me that half of their roster was out with concussions or other major injuries by the end of last season. There is a such thing as over-conditioning. But he's a fat slob who probably has no clue about that. We better win games, because if we dont see this crap translate onto the field then there's going to be a lot of guys NOT coming out next season.

Posted by: Dan Meier ()
Date: June 30, 2011 05:30PM

And that is the attitude that led Coach Bendorf into retirement. Ram Player, do everyone a favor and quit now. I have never heard anyone who is actually a player whine like you are.

Also drop the name "Ram Player" and pick up "Little League Charlie".

Posted by: Dick Adams ()
Date: June 30, 2011 10:42PM

Leave the kid alone, Meier. He actually makes a little sense. Some of these blowhard coaches nowadays are waaay too over the top and take themselves a bit too seriously. There IS a such thing as over-training. Now, I dont know if that is what is going on at Robinson, but it is possible to over-work these kids and burn them out. No question. I will say that I did hear stories about Taylor at Woodson last year and that many kids were choosing not to come out for football because he demanded that many of his kids ONLY play football. That isnt the way to run a program. We should always push the kids to be multi-sport athletes. Time will tell how Trey does at Robinson, but based on the fact that this thread even exists, I would say that its been a bad start for him and his program so far.

Posted by: Ram Staff ()
Date: June 30, 2011 11:58PM

You are such a tool! Dick Adams recommended Taylor to the Principal. Pick another name.

Posted by: Rob Everett ()
Date: July 01, 2011 01:23PM

I think that Ram Staff is right - Dick Adams recommended Dick Taylor for the job. Two dicks! How perfect!

Seriously though - what Adams (or whoever he is) said in the last post makes at least a little sense. The fact that this thread even exists shows that Dick Taylor's start at Robinson hasnt been very smooth. He better start allowing kids to play other sports or he'll end up like me soon enough. Fired as head coach and selling oranges on the side of the road!

Posted by: you all suck ()
Date: July 02, 2011 02:08AM

All you random people/alums/players who bash these coaches have either never played a down of football in your life, are players who sucked, or players that didn't give a damn when you played and these coaches rode your asses to get you moving. I guess some people can't be helped... All you parents who bash these coaches are ignorant. All you do is coddle your 14-18 year old "babies". Let them get off your tit so they can grow a pair. These coaches probably outwork every single one of you slobs preparing your kids to be successful in football and life beyond it. Losers...

Posted by: Rams Booster ()
Date: July 02, 2011 10:13AM

Settle down. Frankly, a 14 year old kid IS pretty much a "baby" in the eyes of life. I think a lot of parents dont appreciate a 4 foot tall fat slob of a coach taking their 15 year old and beating him senseless to the point that he has three concussions before his Junior season. That is what is sounds like Taylor did at Woodson last year.

So what if some of those parents are just throwing the warning out there to Robinson parents. Another thing Im reading is that Woodson parents didnt appreciate when that same fat slob of a coach did not give good references to colleges that contacted him about his graduating players. Many of those players probably gave everything they had for him. The least he could of done was give a good reference. So once again, it appears as if Woodson parents are just letting Robinson parents know whatthey need to watch out for from this guy. I see nothing wrong with that.

You obviously dont have kids, so you dont get it. And please dont call us parents slobs when youre defending a guy (Taylor) who is 4"11 and weighs 300 pounds. Please. I met him a couple of weeks ago. Watch him eat some time and youll see what a slob is.

Anyway, I appreciate all of the info that you Woodson parents are throwing out there. This guy really seems like he's some caveman coach from the 70s. He wont last long here at Robinson. We wont allow this crap. We'll be keeping a close eye.

Posted by: Ram Freshman Parent ()
Date: July 02, 2011 12:32PM

Here here, Rams Booster! Its time some of these "coaches" and their supporters realize that these ARE kids! Nobody is saying treat them like babies! But at the same time they shouldnt be treated like yesterday's trash! That old football coach redneck mentality of "pain dont hurt" is long gone. Its 2011 and concussions and other serious injuries are a major worry for many parents and from reading these Woodson parents complain, it doesnt seem like Taylor has taken these issues too seriously in the past.

If this is how Taylor is going to do business, then maybe its time that us Robinson parents stand up and tell administration how we feel! I know Im going to!

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: July 02, 2011 03:19PM

Wow. I know nothing about football, but this Taylor guy must be a real jerk to have made this many people angry. I guess it goes to show that its a who you know kind of county. Im assuming that Taylor had no business getting this Robinson job, but he knew a few of the right people and presto - he got the job. Its happens in every industry. Unfortunate. Either way, if he's as bad as most of you are making him out to be he wont last two years there. Then he'll be off to another school to ruin those kids lives.

Posted by: overblown ()
Date: July 03, 2011 12:38AM

the fact that this thread exists is beyond me. Let the guy at least get a year under his belt. It is gonna be hard for anyone to follow Coach Bendorf. It would have made sense for Robinson to stay in house, but sometimes change is good. I have read and heard many complaints about Coach Taylor - but there are equal credits and congrats as well. Give him a chance. If things dont go well - and the program suffers the admin will fire him. Parents need to parent - coaches will coach. If you dont like it leave; just like the WR did last year.

Also, who cares about what the guy looks like - is that really what makes him a good coach? Coaches can be 6'2 175 lbs or 5'5 375 lbs, you are on here complaining about how he treats kids and you are basically calling him worthless because he is short and stocky. You dont think there are good female coaches, or a homosexual coach (Oh the horror). If they can coach and they care WHO CARES.

Date: July 03, 2011 09:43AM

The thread exists because many parents at Woodson felt like what he was doing to our kids was borderline abuse. This is coming from a parent of a student who just graduated and was a 4 year Varsity player. He did not have the kids best interest at heart. He did what was best for him. He didnt care how many sophmores he used as punching bags that ended up getting concussion after concussion. All the while the JV program at Woodson was being eroded. That was his fault. My son's friends who are still there have told me there is renewed feeling in the building and that the COACHES of other sports in the building are celebrating Taylor leaving because he was so against having kids play more than one sport. Amazing. And dont get me started on the bad references he gave to colleges on certain kids he didnt like. The guy was bad news. This forum is being used as a way to let other parents know about the guy.

THAT is why this thread exists. And the problem is - the guy CANT coach. But the coaching part isnt a concern to me. Its the abusing and bullying of kids that concerns me and many other parents.

Oh, and about his height (4"11) and weight (300+), that IS some what of an issue. HE partly teaches fitness as a PE/Weight training teacher. Meanwhile, he's the definition of majorly obese. That's like having a reading teacher who is illiterate.

Posted by: Former Woodson Player ()
Date: July 05, 2011 11:01AM

The people on here who are stating that Coach Taylor was a prick have it exactly right. The guy had a Napoleon Complex and was a miserable human being. Unless those Robinson kids get themselves a Connor Reiley import from another state the way we did at Woodson, they will fail miserably. Taylor doesnt know how to develop talent. He is better off as a coordinator or position coach, not a head coach. The proof is his record both before and after Connor Reliey. 3 wins a season!

Posted by: slubdawg ()
Date: July 05, 2011 12:02PM

>
> Oh, and about his height (4"11) and weight (300+),
> that IS some what of an issue.

Now that is funny!

I'll have to go to a game just to see what this looks like. he belongs in a carnival sideshow rather than on a sideline! I have no knowledge of him, his coaching ability, or his treatment of players. I just want to see what 4'11" and 300 lbs looks like!

Posted by: woodsoooon ()
Date: July 05, 2011 01:26PM

Posted by: ,......kgj ()
Date: July 05, 2011 04:04PM

I am not sure if he will do the best job at Robinson. Woodson was lucky that one year, when they had a great QB (at temple presently) and around 5 other college athletes.

This is the page with the 2010 woodson graudates playing ncaa sports : http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=341143&paper=61&cat=105

It is 5 for football.

2011: http://www.connectionnewspapers.com/article.asp?article=351336&paper=61&cat=104

It is 1 for football.

I am aware that the JV team was small, as I sw in the yearbook. It was over half freshman, and they asked people to play.

I hope Woodson does well this year, but too abd they aren't playing Robinson...

Posted by: johnw ()
Date: July 05, 2011 06:27PM

It would take a complete idiot to screw up Robinson's season this coming year. They are loaded with talent. Taylor will do fine.

Posted by: Johnny Utah ()
Date: July 05, 2011 07:04PM

From watching Woodson play the last couple of seasons, Taylor is the definition of a "complete idiot." Between depleting the program of all its talent (chasing multi-sport athletes AWAY from football) and horrific playcalling, he could be just the idiot to screw up at Robinson this coming season.

Posted by: footballrocks ()
Date: July 06, 2011 03:55PM

I have a few questions....

1) Is Trey his real name, or a nickname? The starter of this forum put it in "", so he made it seem that way.

2) DId Robinson/Woodson/FCPS officialy start there football practcies? Or is this pre-season training. I remember seeing last year players and coaches could talk year-round.

3) How are the new woodson coaches doing?

Posted by: Silent Majority ()
Date: July 06, 2011 07:25PM

1) Trey is a nick name. His real name is Richard (or Dick, which is what his high school buddies call him).

2) They officially start some time in early August. Right now they are all in preseason mode doing weight training and conditioning a few days a week.

3) From what I have heard, the new coaches are doing well. Woodson has looked better this year than they did last year around this time in the 7 on 7 passing competitions. So that is a good start for the new coaches. Also, Ive heard that a lot of the parents are excited that the kids are actually having fun out there again. Taylor had zapped most of the enjoyment of football.

Posted by: Woodson Alumni ()
Date: July 06, 2011 10:48PM

I went to woodson and I saw everything coach taylor did there, he helped his players achieve everything they were capable of. Yes, he does push his players hard, that is what a coach is supposed to do. As for him being a "bully" to his players I disagree with that as well. For the Robinson parents who are complaining that he is pushing them too hard i believe he isnt forcing anyone to be there. The only reason everyone is so hard on coach taylor is because he is replacing a great coach from robinson. If you give him a chance you will see that he is also a great coach and person and him and his assistant coaches will be a great benefit to robinson.

Posted by: sleeper ()
Date: July 06, 2011 10:49PM

I hear Dishun is gonna have those guys at Woodson ready to play. They could be a sleeper to win the Patriot. What's the word on him?

Posted by: RC ()
Date: July 06, 2011 11:09PM

Joe Dishun is an incredible human being, a great teacher and a great coach. Only time will tell if he is a successful HC but I am betting he will be just fine, give a little time.

He will be missed at LB. Poythress let him coach his way on "D" and it was successful.

I think you will find most will be happy Joe is coaching their son.

Posted by: Lake Braddock Follower ()
Date: July 07, 2011 10:06AM

Yeah, everything Im hearing has Dishun getting those kids at Woodson ready to play. The guy is smart and is putting together an incredible staff from what I've heard.

As for Taylor - I've met him a few times over the years. He is a bit of an egotistical jerk at times. The charges of bullying shouldnt come as a surprise to most anyone who knows him. He will struggle at Robinson, not only because he is replacinga legend, but also because he isnt that good of a coach. Its that simple.

Posted by: the truth ()
Date: July 07, 2011 10:13AM

Coach Taylor is a great coach, that is why he got the job at Robinson. The haters are just the countless coaches that didn't get the Robinson job and the players and parent that weren't good enough to get playing time.

Then it's the offseason, Dishun has had very minimal contact with his players, how the hell is he getting credit for putting a great system in place when training camp has not even begun yet and they have just had one meaningless camp?

Posted by: Patguyalltheway ()
Date: July 07, 2011 10:28AM

I saw Woodson at the Camp with Herndon,LB,TJ,Langley, they looked good.
Coach Dishun has done a very good job getting his team together in a short period of time.

I do think they will be competitive this year, but still have a ways to go before they are competing for the Patriot district title. I think given the chance, Dishun will prove being the right choice for the job and Taylor will be forgotten.

Posted by: Woodson Dad ()
Date: July 07, 2011 10:33AM

Taylor's Woodson Record
2006 5-5
2007 5-5
2008 7-4
2009 11-2
1010 3-7

So except in 2008/2009 when he had two D1 players in the backfield he is .500 or worse - Based on this you can call him a good coach, but a GREAT coach would never be worse than 6-4. BTW, his sorry play calling cost us the regional final in 2009.

The kids are definitely happier under Dishun, whether or not this will result in success is yet to be determined.

Posted by: Bill Lumburgh ()
Date: July 07, 2011 05:27PM

Wow. Looking at Taylor's win/loss record, how did he even get the job at Robinson?! His only 2 winning seasons ever were with a D1 QB who showed up as a junior at Woodson from the mid-west ready to start on Day 1.

Posted by: Bitter Coach ()
Date: July 08, 2011 10:20AM

Unfortunately in FCPS it’s all about politics (especially with the DSA) or luck. They coaches at SC and Hayfield got their jobs because the head coach stepped down at the last moment and there was no time to do interviews. Biddison was personal friends with the WSHS DSA, same with Taylor and the guy at Madison. Would have been the same at Woodson, but the parents got to the principal when they found out Panoni was going to get the job. Even worse once hired they never get fired, just moved around. Biddison took a winning program from Renner and in his first two seasons has been 7-13 and all indications are that he will stay there as long as the DSA does! In the last three years I believe the only “honest/fair” coach’s hiring happened at Woodson (only because of parental involvement) and maybe South Lakes?

Posted by: Northern Region fan ()
Date: July 08, 2011 12:21PM

Bill Lumburgh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wow. Looking at Taylor's win/loss record, how did
> he even get the job at Robinson?! His only 2
> winning seasons ever were with a D1 QB who showed
> up as a junior at Woodson from the mid-west ready
> to start on Day 1.

There is a lot of coaches that don't win at lesser schools and can win at Robinson. I do not know Coach Taylor personally, but you can not tell me Woodson had anywhere near the athletes or size that Robinson has had the past decade.

It comes down to whether or not the new coach has a plan of action that the DSA likes. I will tell you right now Coach Taylor will have a good record at Robinson, that's a job you really have to try to screw up in. He will work the players in the offseason and with the significant amount of talent in the area I believe it is a great hire for them.

Posted by: Bitter Coach ()
Date: July 08, 2011 02:57PM

Lets revisit this in December when he is 3-7 like last year at Woodson, lmao.

Posted by: Even Steven ()
Date: July 09, 2011 02:01AM

Amazing that it took a revolt from parents for a legitimate coaching hire to take place in this county. I heard that Dan Checkosky (the DSA at Woodson) had his heart so set on hiring his friend Gerard Panoni to take over for Taylor that he was ready to conduct a bogus interview process (like so many DSAs do). Then a bunch of parents got a hold of what Checkosky was doing and demanded a true coaching search. Furthermore, I heard that the Princial over there, Jeff Yost, had to step in and make the hire himself because the DSA was dragging his feet. If this is indeed how it went down, which my sources tell me is what happened,then Jeff Yost should get a pat on the back for stepping outside the box and doing the right thing.

Posted by: InTheKnow1 ()
Date: July 09, 2011 11:08AM

Your information is totally accurate. Yost did the right thing, too bad there are not more principals like him in FCPS.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: July 09, 2011 11:15AM

So who will be better this year, Dishun (Woodson), Taylor (Robinson) or Panoni (South County)?

I'm guessing robinson goes 5-5, Woodson 6-4, and South County goes farther. dont they have really good recruits?

Posted by: parent of a player ()
Date: July 09, 2011 12:04PM

Most of you have no idea what your talking about. Taylor has taken two programs that were suffering and made them champions at the district level or better. He is a great coach and leader to the children. If your child dosnt want to work hard then keep them home and let them play some video games and pretend to be a star. Football is a hard sport and you either work hard or go home. So many of these comments hold no truth at all. Educate yourself before you comment.

Posted by: NR Fan ()
Date: July 09, 2011 12:28PM

.... Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> So who will be better this year, Dishun (Woodson),
> Taylor (Robinson) or Panoni (South County)?
>
> I'm guessing robinson goes 5-5, Woodson 6-4, and
> South County goes farther. dont they have really
> good recruits?

Woodson and Robinson sounds about right - SC will be lucky to win 4, they are in a D6 district (every team but Lee) and their out of conference games are Hayfield, Oakton and Robinson. But as a D5 team they could make the playoffs with 3-4 wins.

Posted by: student 13 ()
Date: July 09, 2011 06:28PM

As a student at Woodson, I can assure you that the only reason some players didn't like Coach Taylor was because he made his teams work very hard during the season and in the offseason. Coach Taylor doesn't enjoy bullying high school students, he simply pushes his teams so they can maximize their potential. Most players liked Coach Taylor as a person- he was a very funny and easy-going person away from practice.

As for his assistants that are coming to Robinson with him, they were extremely well liked by the entire Woodson Community-parents, players, and normal students that had them for teachers. It comes as no surprise that these coaches are very well liked at Robinson as well...

Coach Taylor may not be a great football coach, but the claims being made about him being an absolute jerk that enjoys harrassing children are simply untrue.

Posted by: Styles ()
Date: July 10, 2011 12:07AM

Taylor has only been a head coach for 1 program so far (Robinson will be his 2nd), so whoever said he has taken 2 programs to championships is an idiot. Also, the only tam Taylor ever won with as coach at Woodson was a team that had a D1 QB starting for him. And that D1 QB came to Woodson as a Junior ready to play. Taylor did not coach teach him how to play football.

And Taylor is known for working his players hard. Unfortunately he is known for working them too hard. He literally chased away a dozen top athletes at Woodson who were good basketball, lacrosse, track, and wrestlers because he made them feel like fools for participating in those sports. He did not encourage multi-sport athletes. He wanted football training all year round. This is a fact. And yes, his assistants were well liked at Woodson. Much more well liked than he ever was. They were normal people that enjoyed talking to the students from time to time. Taylor only cared about what you could do for football.

Woodson is lucky to be done with Taylor. The only question now is - will the DSA over there (Checkosky) be supportive of the new staff, or will he be bitter and unsupportive. Time will tell. I will say this - Woodson will win more than games this season with a much less talented roster than they had in 2010. Once the players stop playing for you, it is over. It happened at Woodson with Pannoni and it was begining to happen with Taylor before he left. I dont know who I feel sorry for more - the Robinson kids or South County kids!

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:52AM

Does anyone know who the best players on woodsons and robinsons roster are?

Date: July 10, 2011 12:17PM

I dont know much about Robinson.

As for Woodson there is some decent talent:

Jon Stokes at RB, Marcus Dash at WR, Mike Reeves at LB, Andrew McKay at QB. There is a good amount of young (sophmores) and beefy talent at O and D Line as well in Caplan, Winters and a few others.

The team could win 6 games or so and sneak into the playoffs if all goes right and they stay healthy.

Date: July 10, 2011 03:31PM

Isn't dash the short one, like 5 foot 6?

Is reeves playing college?

Posted by: woodson ()
Date: July 10, 2011 04:24PM

Woodson is returning 3 starting receivers (dash, mauro, hogan), RB (Stokes), QB (Mackay), 3 offensive linemen, 8 offensive players. On the defensive side of the ball they are returning one DB (glasscock), LB (reeves, peevy), and two D linemen.

Posted by: Guy Incognito ()
Date: July 10, 2011 05:28PM

Yeah, Dash is the short WR that scored almost every time he touched the ball last season. Taylor was probably too busy getting his resume ready to notice. With more dedicated, better, smarter, and creative coaching, this Woodson team could have a pretty good season this year. Time will tell.

From what I know Reeves, Dash, and Stokes are all getting sniffs from different schools. This will be a big year for all of them.

Posted by: thoughts ()
Date: July 10, 2011 07:19PM

After reading this whole thread, I have some thoughts:

1. Why does a coach immediately have to be either GREAT or DOG SHIT? He hasn't been a coach very long, has had some successes, failures, and average years. Maybe he's working to get better or not working and the program will get worse. Why not let it play out?

2. I don't think that any of these parents who are bashing Coach Taylor are credible, and I think it is probably the same one or two nut jobs who post several times under different names. Taylor is gone from Woodson, so for those of you who are posting (good or bad, although the most boisterous are negative comments), why don't you post your name and your player's name and graduation year? This isn't "calling you out" but rather if you want your wild allegations to be credible, then sign your name to it.

3. The concussions argument is bullshit. Fairfax County uses the same "baseline" brain test to determine concussions and recovery that the NFL does. This is far in advanced from what surrounding counties use, and the players are regulated by the athletic trainers. So, either players have a "headache" and were not shown to have a concussion and are encouraged to continue playing (in football, everybody has their bell rung once in awhile); or, the athletic trainers - using the best technology and medical opinions available - have cleared student-athletes to return to play. I think that the claim of "pushing kids to have concussion after concussion" is a cop-out by shallow-minded fucktards who are trying to add credibility by throwing out buzz words and hot button issues in football.

4. As for the Robinson parent who said "wow, i didn't know this was happening, I'm going to say something to our administration (preemptively)" you are a complete moron. Really? You are going to use an anonymous message board, where the most discontent throw out the wildest accusations, to guide your perception of the program??? Wow. Why don't you ask to come up and watch a work out or a practice once the season starts? Why not talk to your child and get their take? Again, I'm pretty sure you're a Woodson parent who is just trying to help support their previous posts under a multitude of screen names.

5. Finally, here's the kicker: If the Woodson parents were so unhappy with Coach Taylor because of what "horrendous" things he allegedly did to their players, why wouldn't they have (a) brought these issues up before he left WTW, and/or (b) why wouldn't these posts be their excitement about a new coach? These are parting shots by bitter people to undermine what seems to be a good man. Remember, playing football is OPTIONAL.

Good luck to all programs in 2011. I think Taylor will win at least 7 games and that Dishun will also be successful. SC might be great or crappy, but they tend to underachieve anyway, so its almost expected. I hope that all of the new coaches in the NR have a great first season, revive some programs, and make a difference in kids by listening to the hearts of their teams and not the mouths of the blowhards trying to live through their children.

Sincerely,
Thoughts

Posted by: Robinson Dad ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:33PM

Great post "thoughts". You are dead on correct with every item. My son plays for Robinson and says the kids have been worked extremely hard (just as they were under Coach Bendorf) and have bought into everything the new staff is doing.Go Rams!

Posted by: Robinson Stops Streak in Shocker ()
Date: July 10, 2011 09:53PM

Bottom line here... Coach Taylor was the most sought after young, serious minded, smart coach in NOVA. The pool of eligibles in football-soft, cost-of-living expensive NOVA is very shallow... how many FCPS school system employess can afford to work for 3K extra a year to coach a HS football team? Very few. It takes dedication, and Taylor has it. As for the griping about Coach Taylor being tough on the players, a kid (or his parents) who wants NOT to play will find an excuse to not play. We've heard them all. "He's mean!" "Every player got a concussion." "He made us cry." "My mommie said I should quit if it makes me feel better." Coach Taylor will succeed at Robinson, and when he finds a true QB (like Reilley at WTW) he will win the Northern Region, no doubt.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: July 10, 2011 10:24PM

When any coach finds a qb like Reilley he will win the region.

Then almost every football coach is an FCPS employee.

Then one of the most serious minded, smart coaches in NOVA, LOL.

I do not have a strong opinion on Coach Taylor one way or another, but this has to be one of the stupidest posts I have seen on Fairfax Underground.

Posted by: Memory Mark ()
Date: July 10, 2011 10:45PM

Funny that "thoughts" tells people to post their real names and then he signs off with the name "thoghts." I guess he didnt put too much "thought" in his own post. Ironic.

Allow me to destroy each one of your idiotic "thoughts" one by one:

1). There can be dog shit coaches. I dont know what world you live in. You must have never played a sport in your life if you dont think that bad coaches exist. There a a lot of them. There are a lot of coaches in this county. The fact that a thread like this exists on this board about no other coaches in NOVA football other than Taylor must say at least a little about him. And it isnt good.

2). Yeah, parents are going to put their kids name on this forum so they can be blackballed by a coach or administrator. Please. These coaches and DSAs are very petty and vindictive. Dont believe me? Go to Woodson and see what Chykosky the DSA was saying to kids and parents who DID complain about Taylor. Taylor WAS complained about often, but the complaints fell on deaf ears because he was boyfriends with the DSA.

3). What "concussions arguement" are you talking about? You mean that Taylor had so destroyed the football program that the JV squad was running with hardly enough for team by mid-season? And yet despite the dwindling JV numbers, he still trotted those poor kids out day in and day out to get destoryed against varsity in practice. Those 15 kids getting crushed every day in practice (he even made them practice against varsity on JV GAME NIGHTS!) led to more concussions than necesary. No buzz words here. Just facts. Go to Woodson and see how many of last year's JV players have come out this season thanks to the great Taylor.

4). You're assuming that Robinson parent hadnt already heard or seen something they didnt like and that the info they were seeing on here was just confirming everything.

5). As stated earlier, there WERE complaints to the admin about Taylor. They fell on deaf ears. The fact that Coach Panoni was bypassed for the head job at Woodson despite being friends with the DSA and being recomended by Taylor speaks volumes. When Woodson hired the LB guy to be the HC that was admin's way of appologizing to parents about Taylor and his cronies at Woodson. Regarding the new coach, it sounds like all of the reviews have been stellar. The parents love him and the kids love him. That is what's important.

In closing, I dont see the big deal with parents letting their feelings known about a coach who they felt mistreated their kid on a forum about things going on in the county. Seems appropriate. REMEMBER - READING THE POSTS IS OPTIONAL.

Good luck to the kids at Woodson this year. I wish my son (who just graduated, yet I WONT name for obvious reasons) wouldve had a shot with this new coaching staff. I think theyll do well. Robinson may do okay, only because Robinson ALWAYS does at least okay. But my best guess is that Taylor will burn those kids out sooner or later and then he'll be nudged out the door in a few years.

Sincerely,

Memory Mark

Posted by: Johnny Utah ()
Date: July 10, 2011 10:52PM

So according to a poster on here - Taylor is an awesome coach because he had a D1 QB transfer to his school during his Junior season. Man, I think most of us would be good coaches if we had that on our team.

Anyway, like someone said earlier, the fact that this thread exists shows us that something isnt kosher with this Taylor guy. A lot of HS football coaches are "mean" and "jerks" and have pissed off a bunch of kids and parents. But I dont see any threads like that about anyone other than Taylor, so in my book that has to say at least something about the guy.

Let me put it this way - I dont know him one way or another, but if I found out he was going to be coaching my son, I wouldnt be thrilled. Id prefer the comments about my son's coach be a little more positive. That's just me.

Posted by: jv players ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:30PM

Every jv player plays against varsity players everyday during the week. Most teams have them as scout players. Yes- even on game nights (that thursday run through is sooo hard of a practice)
Football is an optional sport. Quit complaining or just quit.

Posted by: DeMaurice Smith ()
Date: July 10, 2011 11:45PM

Woodson has talent
John Stokes has a bit of a character issue but the boy can run the ball between the tackles. Great Runningback. Had a slow year last year but he showed flashes his sophomore year. Could be a great year.
Marcus Dash has a size issue but single handedly won woodson the Lee game last year, wes welker type, taylor could have given him more oppurtunity. but him and stokes 1-2 punch is epitome of smash/dash football
Andrew Mackay had a turnover problem, has a good arm, has a year under his belt at the realm, could have an even bigger year with weapons such as stokes ,dash, mauro and hogan
Michael Reaves speed is a problem, he's a big middle line backer who can plug the wholes and eats qb's for lunch. has a non stop motor and will rundown the play from where ever. also a good basketball player but i heard taylor made him quit.

My thoughts woodson has enough fire power to prove everyone wrong this year. Taylor will regret this move, but the boys at woodson are still cheering about his departure.

Posted by: student ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:06AM

i dont know where you heard that Coach Taylor made Mike Reaves quit basketball, but it is simply not true...

Posted by: thoughts for Memory Mark ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:17AM

At least you identified yourself as a parent of a former Woodson player. My guess is that you believe that Coach Taylor screwed your kid out of scholarship to VT, so he's instead headed for NOVA.

1. You can't read. The point of the first thought was why are we so quick to classify a coach as great or absolutely terrible? Not that there aren't bad coaches. There are plenty of bad coaches. The point was that sometimes parents, schools, administrators, players, and communities need to get behind their coach and see what can develop. We're so quick to say that if a guy can't win the district or region within a year or two that the coach sucks. Case in point, Westfield's new coach. Plenty of experience as a top assistant. If they start 0-2, people will be screaming for his head. If he wins the Concorde he'll be annointed the next GREAT coach despite winning with talent he only worked with for a year. Bottom line is that in northern va, coaches are either legends or losers, and there is all to often such a push to find the next "great" coach that people never force themselves to allow coaches to develop and grow (just as they would expect from their kids).

2. How the fuck can a coach blackball a player who graduated from Woodson last year. I'm raising points that are more for thought, while you are specifically attacking an individual coach. I think if you want to trample a man's reputation, and you want your comments to hold any weight, you might as well put your name on it. I can be Confucius or Bill Fucking Clinton for all you care, my points are about this blatant smear campaign which is attempting to tarnish the career of a professional with absolutely no consequence to those launching the shit grenades.

3. The concussion argument is simple. I'm amazed that you can turn on your computer but cannot comprehend this. IF a kid had a concussion, only the certified athletic trainers can clear them to play. Not the coach. JV players practice against varsity players at every school. If you don't know that, maybe it's you that has never been an athlete or around the sport of football. So what happened, did your kid skip practice and say he was concussed but was never diagnosed? and then Taylor made him practice? ooooh, what a bad man.

4. You are correct. Had the Robinson parent seen/heard something from his/her child, they would have said something to the effect of "yes, my child has mentioned some disturbing things that I'm going to follow up on with the administration." However, this is not what the moronic poster said. Instead, the post said that she was about to let the administration know with no reference to any first hand corroboration of the accusations lobbed by you, mr. shit grenade tosser.

5. I'm glad the people at Woodson are now happy. These are high school kids and they deserve to be excited to play for their coach. Let's just hope that if Dishun starts 0-3 or benches a star player, that the parents will bite their tongue and let him grow and develop as a coach. He might not be the AAA coach of the year in year one, but give the man a chance to grow. The same chance your previous coaches should be afforded.

Finally, and here's the big point. You identify yourself as a parent of a player to give credibility to what could be the base of a defamation of character lawsuit. If you printed this in the newspaper, you and the publication would be on the losing end of a legal battle unless you could prove your claims. If you can prove your claims and your kid is out of high school, why rant on this message board. Take it to actual authorities, file a lawsuit for neglect or abuse or whatever you feel has taken place, and run with it. I'd respect you for that. But instead I believe you are a coward, hiding behind the anonymity while you purposefully are trying to ruin a man's career.

Posted by: Steve Buckhands ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:25AM

...Or just quit being an abusive prick to the students. Teach them football,teach them how to be good people, encourage them to do well in school and in other sports outside of football, be firm, but fair, and dont take yourself so seriously all of the time. All lessons that Taylor could learn.

Posted by: Memory Mark ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:45AM

Thanks for the response. Allow me to retort:

1). Like you said - there are plenty of bad coaches. In my opinion (and apparently many others as well from reading these posts) Taylor is one of them. Next.

2). A coach who is friends with staff still in the building and who is friends with the DSA of the school can easily mess with my other children still in the school or who will be soon joining the school. And if you dont think that these coaches and DSAs are vindictive pricks, then Im wasting my time with this back and forth with you.

3). Go get your glasses. I never said that coaches made kids play with concussions. What I said was that over practicing, over conditioning, and at times unnecesary hitting in practice could have been the cause of many of the injuries and concussions that the team had this past season.

4). Again, I dont know what that Robinson poster did before or after that post they made, so your speculation is stupid. Get a grip.

5). Im sure the parents at Woodson will accept the coach regardless of his wins and losses as long as he doesnt go and become a Napoleon. That was the previous coach's downfall. Ego got too big after he was handed that D1 QB on a platter. I think he thought he was the reason the team was good for those 2 years. It sounds like the new coach over there is a more mature guy and truly enjoys working with kids. I think he'll be embraced. Lets hope the DSA over there does the same.

Just so you know - I identify myself as a parent on here because that's who I am. I dont care who or what you think about me or my motives. Im just sharing my opinions and experiences and warning others (Robinson parents) to tread carefully and keep an eye out. Quite frankly, I think you are Taylor or one of his minions. PAthetic. At least come out and admit it.

And no my son wont be playing at VT. He's playing at Frostburg State. =)

Date: July 11, 2011 08:58AM

Mike reaves wasn't that good at basketball.

Is mike playing college football?

Posted by: Former woodson player ()
Date: July 11, 2011 09:14AM

The guys who got concussions were made fun of heavily and called pussies by the coaching staff of Taylor. I'll use an example we'd go to team and taylor would say where is Peevy and we'd say he's with the trainer hes concussed coach, and he'd say jesus christ what a pussy. he'd get mad at US for talking to the trainers. it was pretty obvious that Taylor had some kind of beef with trainers being around. he discouraged me from ever wanting to go to the trainer because it was so frowned upon amongst him and his coaching staff and i never wanted to be called a pussy for going there. Oh and taylor is definitely a homophobe, he loves gay jokes and that is not a politcally correct thing to do anymore.

Posted by: titobandito ()
Date: July 11, 2011 12:19PM

Memory, curious if you know that your kid is playing for Taylor's alma mater? Interesting, if for no other reason than it'd be a fantastic small world coincidence, considering.

Posted by: fooooooooootballl ()
Date: July 11, 2011 02:44PM

What assistant coaches went with Taylor?

Cross, Gaul???

Posted by: dotdotdotblahgaga ()
Date: July 11, 2011 03:36PM

I doubt Taylor will be fired, ever, maybe in 3 years, if he does bad

Posted by: .l. ()
Date: July 11, 2011 03:42PM

Cross, Gaul, Gingrich, and a few others (I think) followed TAylor to Robinson.

Posted by: Former Cav ()
Date: July 11, 2011 06:23PM

Coach Cross and Coach Gaul shouldve stayed at Woodson. Taylor really doesnt let them do a whole lot despite their titles other than coach the JV games.

Posted by: fooooooooobaaaaaallllll ()
Date: July 11, 2011 06:54PM

Does anyone have any info on the staff dishun brought in?

Also, I heard the woodson security guard is coaching? That true?

Posted by: ------ ()
Date: July 11, 2011 07:57PM

I don't really know I think they got the old madison defensive guru.

Posted by: outtathereguy ()
Date: July 11, 2011 08:19PM

I played for that no good, egotistical, fat-ass, miserable with his life Taylor for 4 years. I left my sweat and blood on that field. I stuck it out for 2 reasons: I love football and I hoped to play college ball. Taylor did NOTHING to help me. He is a frustrated short fat man who hates his life and since he didn't amount to anything as a football player he hates the thought that some players could move on and make some impact at the college level. I am happy for the guys that will get a fair shake this year and in the future; I sure as hell didn't. I hope Woodson wins more games than Robinson-
Go Cavs! You SUck Taylor !

Posted by: mmmmm ()
Date: July 12, 2011 06:20PM

I'm shocked if Dash plays college. By everything I have read, he is 5 foot 9 or so, and all he can do is be fast.

Doesn't Glasscock have a better chance of getting college offers?

Posted by: CavFanMan ()
Date: July 12, 2011 08:26PM

This team has a couple guys that could go on to play college ball. Sad thing is you wouldnt know it because Taylor didnt know how to call an offense this past season without having a D1 QB on the roster.

Dash is definitely playing in college. He and Jon Stokes are probably the two best players on the team going into this season. They'll both probably play D2 or D3 ball. Reeves too. I dont know about Glasscock, because the idiotic coaching staff didnt even give him a shot last year. Ill bet he can play too.

Keep sleeping on the Cavs. They're going to make a lot of you look dumb this Fall.

Posted by: Tray Tailor ()
Date: July 12, 2011 10:15PM

I dont know who this "Trey Taylor" guy is, but my name is Tray Tailor and Im not even a coach in this county! Im not 4'11 and 300 pounds either! I'm an importer/exporter for Vandalay Industries and you guys are starting to hurt my rep in this county! So please stop talking about me! Call this terrible football coach Richard or Dick, or whatever his real name is, but please stop referring to him as "Trey"! I beg of you!

Posted by: chargeralum ()
Date: July 12, 2011 10:24PM

CavFanMan Wrote:

> Keep sleeping on the Cavs. They're going to make
> a lot of you look dumb this Fall.

Have fun getting smashed by Chantilly week one!

Posted by: CavFanMan ()
Date: July 12, 2011 11:42PM

Chantilly? The kids in purple? Centerville's rag doll? Is that Chantilly?

Posted by: Leo P. ()
Date: July 12, 2011 11:56PM

You know, coming from someone who doesnt have a dog in this fight but just enjoying reading the posts - this Taylor guy probably sucks ass a coach and is probably not a very good person to be around, but I dont know if all things can be blamed on him if the stories from angry parents on here are even half true. The DSA over there (Chycoski) probably is to be blamed for a lot of the problems over there. Especially if its true that some parents had gone to him with problems and he ignored them because of his man love for the coach. Thats just my three cents on the matter.

Posted by: Big Bob ()
Date: July 13, 2011 03:44AM

i'm a senior at woodson and don't even say "your a sophmore and that didn't happen"...that definetly did happen. Taylor pushed us way too hard every day, his calling on the field was so bad that it was a relief to get him out of there. I'm tired of this halo around Taylor because he had one good year for the Class of 2010. In all honesty, woodson should've won states that year. Connor Reilly (Temple '14) and multiple outstanding running backs, linebackers, lineman, and shutdown corners made that team stacked. You will hear it right now first: Taylor truely did push us too hard in the wrong way. You can push someone hard in the right way by physically making them in shape...but when having frail sophmores going against hulking seniors for scout teams is just rediculous. And for the number of concussions..that seams about right because there were probably numerous ones that didn't even get accounted for.

Pages: 123AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.