HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
New Number
Posted by: Annoying ()
Date: November 26, 2007 02:39PM

Don't you just love how when you get a new number you always get the number of a previous owner who is some jerkoff who has collcetion agencies call him 50 times a day. I switched to Verizon and got a new number, I answer about 20 calls a day explaining that I just got this number and not to bother me anymore. Not so much on the weekends but Monday through Friday they call at least every hour.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: New Number
Posted by: Mona ()
Date: November 26, 2007 03:08PM

Yeah, I had problems when I had Verizon too. They actually ISSUED my EXISTING phone number to somebody else, and I had to get a new one....bastards.

I'm now with T-Mobile and they're so much better than Verizon.

Posted by: AlwaysAnEagle ()
Date: November 26, 2007 03:59PM

I got a second line from Verizon about two years ago which belonged to someone living in Clifton. I still get sales call for him, even though I registered this number on the FTC Do No Call list. Interestingly, many of the calls come from auto shops telling me that his car is ready or that a delivery person is waiting at his house with a load of something (bricks and sod come to mind).

(I realize that the FTC list will not stop call from people/businesses you know).

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:11PM

I had the same problem. The phone company said they used to not issue a new number until at least six months had expired on the old user having it. With the crunch of new numbers being needed for cell phone and people having multiple numbers they reduced the wait period.
Just my luck the number was from a glass repair shop. I got calls day and night from people wanting to have me come out and fix a broken window. One guy told me he was going to sue me because I wouldnt stand by the warranty. I don't think he ever got it through his head I wasnt a repair shop.

When I was a kid our number was one off from a restaurant. People would call all the time to place carryout orders. After so many calls I would just start taking the orders.

Since it does no good to tell people you are not the person they want, esp bill collectors, just go along with the game. It can make for some real fun if you play it right.

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: November 26, 2007 04:22PM

whats your Number? post it here so i can check its not my old number..... ;)

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: November 26, 2007 07:31PM

Lol i had that same problem: my first cell was a Papa Johns.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 27, 2007 12:52AM

i had/have this problem too. apparently, Maria owed some money to some people. however, one thing you can do is tell the bill collectors to not call again and they are no longer allowed to call you. also, her amigos would call... who of course dont speak a damn word of english. i think i'm down to a few amigos that call rarely but i just send them to voice mail because it's a 906 number, aka phone card and they never leave a message. i hope that bitch was deported. :)

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Coastie ()
Date: November 27, 2007 08:03AM

We I first moved here ages ago, Verizon gave me someone numbers who didn't pay his bills I even got calls from their kids school to come get th ekid and the dude's father. I told them all that apparently the bill did not get paid and I was given that number and to tell thier son/parent that he needed to tell people. It happened for about a year unitl I told someone that I thought the owner of the old number was dead. The next day I got a BS message from the wife of the dead beat saying that was not very nice, but it stopped the calls.

Posted by: Thigamajig ()
Date: November 27, 2007 08:08AM

Me too. I kept getting calls from some dude asking for "Dee Dee". After
telling him about 25 times that "she isnt here ...etc..., I finally popped and said
"she's here but she's in the shower now" and that stopped it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.