HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Best kept secrets in NoVa
Posted by: Cyclist ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:24PM

My vote goes to Clifton. Had never been there before but had heard of the Paradise Springs Winery and finally got a chance to go Sunday on a first date. Fantastic time. The winery is awesome in a totally romantic setting. They turned us on to the town (only 2 miles away) and told us to go to Peterson's Ice Cream Depot. What an adorable little place. We both agreed we'd just had the best french fries we'd evereaten and the ice cream was nothing short of fantastic. There's a great little pub called the Main Street Pub right next door that we went to for a couple of beers after Peterson's. So cool. Drove by some shops that were closed and we plan on visiting them and walking around the town next week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best kept secrets in NoVa
Posted by: SImmons ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:27PM

Are you fat? You sure d oeat and drink alot. French Fries, Ice cream, Beer...Jesus h christ!

Posted by: NotaFan ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:27PM

Clifton, really? I just went on an awful first date there this weekend. All this chick wanted to do was eat french fries and ice cream.

Posted by: hoonoo ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:28PM

Didn't realize the economy of Clifton was hurting so bad that the Clifton Town Council needs to put fake touristy posts.

Posted by: NJ ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:29PM

Cyclist,
I am surprised you have never been there. It isn't far from Burke Lake Park, and I am told your kind likes to hang out there.

Posted by: JBass ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:36PM

Clifton is awesome!

The Pub is family owned and operated and the only place to get a draught beer within miles and miles. Food is fantastic for what it is. Homemade sauces, dips, etc.

Petersens Pub - Coach P retired from FCPS and became mayor of Clifton, opened the shop and is basically the man!

The winery, The "Official" grand opening is the 4/28 - 5/1. The Kinchloe family, Kirk and his Mom, family fought tooth and nail for the privilege of being Fairfax Counties only Vineyard. Basically, they will be the only one ever. The board FINALLY passed a measure that allowed the to open a vineyard on a tract of land that is 40 acres minimum, etc etc etc. The other families in the neighborhood seem all for or all against the place. Brand new banquet facilities, tasting room and much more! I will be out there next weekend, for sure!

Posted by: blue falcon ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:50PM

I saw a bunch of hairy chested guys riding bikes at burke lake with their yamsac hanging out of their tight little shorts. They were eating ice cream and french fries and prancing around. I reported it to the authorities.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 19, 2011 02:56PM

...and who doesn't like the Clifton General Store where it smells and everything is dusty and costs too much and the old lady at the counter is rude to you?

...such charm.

Posted by: Dude, Seriously ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:00PM

JBass Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Clifton is awesome!
>
> The Pub is family owned and operated and the only
> place to get a draught beer within miles and
> miles. Food is fantastic for what it is.
> Homemade sauces, dips, etc.

Only place within miles and miles? I suppose that's true if you don't own a car, don't want to go to Burke or Springfield, and/or don't want to (god forbid) strike up a conversation with a Democrat.

> Petersens Pub - Coach P retired from FCPS and
> became mayor of Clifton, opened the shop and is
> basically the man!

Becoming mayor of Clifton is like being the tallest midget ... is it really something to brag about?

> The winery, The "Official" grand opening is the
> 4/28 - 5/1.

Um, this winery has been open for over a year now - they've won a governor's cup for pete's sake. The grand opening is for the new tasting room.

Posted by: wut ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:06PM

blue falcon Wrote:
> I saw a bunch of hairy chested guys riding bikes
> at burke lake with their yamsac hanging out of
> their tight little shorts. They were eating ice
> cream and french fries and prancing around. I
> reported it to the authorities.

why do bike riders always wear those spandex racing clothes? like they are being sponsored in some imaginary race? god they're gay. and always with that idiot helmet which is totally voluntary after age 15. I wouldn't be caught dead in that shit.

Posted by: Hemlock Homo ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:10PM

Hemlock Park is so pretty. Hike down to the stream and witness gay men sucking each other off in the bushes. It's fabulous!

Date: April 19, 2011 03:25PM

Dude, Seriously Wrote:
> JBass Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Clifton is awesome!
> >
> > The Pub is family owned and operated and the
> only
> > place to get a draught beer within miles and
> > miles. Food is fantastic for what it is.
> > Homemade sauces, dips, etc.
>
> Only place within miles and miles? I suppose
> that's true if you don't own a car, don't want to
> go to Burke or Springfield, and/or don't want to
> (god forbid) strike up a conversation with a
> Democrat.

Miles and Miles, as in it is miles and miles to Union Mill, Fair Lakes, Burke, Manassas, Occoquan. I could pull a map but I know Im right, Miles and Miles, multiple miles. Yes, I am correct. Yes, It is easier to grab a pint at the Pub than it is to drive to Burke. Also, try Breakfast Taco, it is delicious.

> > Petersens Pub - Coach P retired from FCPS and
> > became mayor of Clifton, opened the shop and is
> > basically the man!

> Becoming mayor of Clifton is like being the
> tallest midget ... is it really something to brag
> about?
>
I dont see how being the Mayor of one of the most historical, wealthy places in the country is comparative to being the tallest midget. Moreover, I was saying he is the man based on years of knowing the guy.

> > The winery, The "Official" grand opening is the
> > 4/28 - 5/1.
>
> Um, this winery has been open for over a year now
> - they've won a governor's cup for pete's sake.
> The grand opening is for the new tasting room.

You are correct, they opened first week in January last year. The "Grand Opening" will include the opening of their own production facility, as well as the tasting room. I dont see what your point is here, either. I disclosed that this was to celebrate the opening of the new facilities.

Would you care to to make anymore erroneous statements or dimwitted personal observations?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 03:28PM by JBass.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:25PM

When I was growing up Hemlock was mainly full of teenagers smoking weed.

Posted by: times change ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:28PM

More Complete Wrote:
> When I was growing up Hemlock was mainly full of
> teenagers smoking weed.

well, apparently it is now middle aged men smoking pole. probably the grown up teenagers to whom you refer.

Posted by: Barrell Chested ()
Date: April 19, 2011 03:35PM

I love to suck a pole in the park, then grab a draught (notice fancy spelling), while I clean frnch fry salt from my chest hairs and rub ice crea mjizz on my shorts...Love it

Date: April 19, 2011 03:49PM

I wish they would turn the car show to a bicycle gathering.
that would be too sexy!

Posted by: Straight Jim ()
Date: April 19, 2011 04:05PM

I dont know what happened to Burke Lake. Used to be a great place to jog but lately lots of homos around. You dont dare slow down now. Being out of breath and all those logs on the ground you would be easy pickings.

Posted by: Clff Ton ()
Date: April 21, 2011 12:25PM

Seriously, who eats ice cream, then has french fries and BEERS? You don't need Clifton, you need a fucking diet

Posted by: Rambunctious ()
Date: April 22, 2011 12:16AM

Haters haven't been there. Good - stay away.

Date: April 22, 2011 10:10AM

Rambunctious Wrote:
> Haters haven't been there. Good - stay away.

I concour. STAY OUT! Do Not Enter.

Posted by: Cold day ()
Date: April 22, 2011 01:56PM

Cold day in hell before i go down there to see those fags in their black jap beatle collectors. It's saick and sadder yet that the area near the kiddie train is frequented by gay men. Not saying they are pedo's but it could scar a kid for life to see some rededding hair lined pasty dude with bike shoes on, sucking a guy in a crash helmet.

edit by Cary: Strayer University public IP address banned for 7 days. Nothing but troll/useless posts, this is the same poster as "SImmons" earlier in this thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2011 02:00PM by Cary.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.