HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Urinating Dogs
Posted by: rowza ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:25AM

How do I get my neighbors dogs to stop going #1 on my front lawn? It's killing my grass and making it look horrible. There's plenty of public grass across the street so I don't understand why these people are so lazy.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Urinating Dogs
Posted by: Watson ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:00AM

You grow your testicles out and tell your neighbors not to let their dogs piss on your lawn.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:45AM

Too bad you don't have a sprinkler system, because it would eliminate the acidic urine issue. I have to pour water wherever my big dog goes on the lawn.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Pissed Off ()
Date: April 18, 2011 07:27AM

I planted some seed on a 6x10ft area of my front lawn and simply placed a sign there saying something like "Please do not let your dogs pee here til the grass has a chance to grow; a dozen dogs peeing here will kill it before it has a chance to grow". It worked.

The problem with dog owners is they EACH think "My dog isn't doing any harm with a little urine".

Apparently - and it is VERY apparent through their actions - NONE of them think "Oh, yeah, that's right; it isn't JUST my dog peeing here, it's mine and all the rest of the dog-walking neighbors. That is to say, GALLONS of urine per day on that mailbox post".

Posted by: Lloydster ()
Date: April 18, 2011 08:11AM

What's your address? I'll come and pee in your front yard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2011 08:12AM by Lloydster.

Posted by: Veggie ()
Date: April 18, 2011 08:37AM

Sprinkle red pepper flakes on the areas where the dogs like to go. They smell the pepper and move on. You have to reapply the flakes after it rains though. I buy the large containers at Costco for about $4, well worth the money and my grass stays green. (I do spinkle them at night so my dog owner neighbors don't see me - gotta keep the peace!) Try it!

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 18, 2011 09:04AM

The red pepper idea is pretty good

the "talk to your neighbors and tell them to not do it anymore" is prolly the best idea, though.................if you live in a decent neighborhood, that is

Posted by: air hornand sign ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:10AM

put up a sign. Watch, if you see a dog about to let lose juice them with an air horn. They will learn after awhile.

Alternatively they make repellent you can spray or sprinkle where they tinkle.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: April 18, 2011 11:18AM

Send them over to my house in Dunn Loring. I've got a dog-peeing fetish that I can't seem to satisfy.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:52PM

Better start marking your territory....if ya know what I mean.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: April 18, 2011 01:56PM

Pee in every corner of your lawn.

Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:03PM

Thats nothing, keep an eye out for your local mail carrier.

http://nyc.barstoolsports.com/random-thoughts/postman-takes-a-shit/

Posted by: whobe ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:50PM

When a mans gotta go, he's gotta go!

Don't get all mean on the neighbors dogs, turn the other cheek and make friends. Maybe they are just bored cause they're not getting any from their owners. You should get them a gift certificate to one of these fine establishments so they can get "boarded" (preferably by the one where the woman spends the night) http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/556105.html

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: April 18, 2011 05:58PM

Go piss on their yard. Better yet, piss on their dog.

Posted by: hollye ()
Date: June 03, 2011 11:45PM

Awsome suggestion! Exactly what I was hoping to find! I am going to try this for sure!

Posted by: O'Tooley ()
Date: June 04, 2011 01:13AM

My damn dog pees in the house...almost always on the kids toys. What the hell is that?

Posted by: Pissy Dog ()
Date: June 04, 2011 07:28AM

Veggie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sprinkle red pepper flakes on the areas where the
> dogs like to go. They smell the pepper and move
> on. You have to reapply the flakes after it rains
> though. I buy the large containers at Costco for
> about $4, well worth the money and my grass stays
> green. (I do spinkle them at night so my dog
> owner neighbors don't see me - gotta keep the
> peace!) Try it!

Thanks!

Posted by: dog Lover ()
Date: June 04, 2011 05:59PM

They have to go somewhere

Posted by: Matk ()
Date: December 09, 2014 02:01PM

This is an ongoing problem at my location in Vienna. When I was young, we had pet dogs but we only allowed them to do their business in OUR YARD, NOT IN SOMEONE ELSE'S.

It has become a right of suburban living to make your problem your neighbor’s problem. “Walking the dog” isn’t as much for the animal’s sake as it is to show-off the person walking it. The animal could be released unattended into the owners FENCED backyard, right?

Deterrent chemicals don't work. Red Pepper is a very good option. If it is your mailbox that’s getting douched, try putting a small US Flag there or alternatively a crucifix. Here's the bottom line, in my case the dogs are accompanied by their thoughtless owners so if they allow the animal to piss on the flag or Jesus just let 'em go; they are unprincipled despicable savages and you're not, so count your blessings. If these are stray dogs, call the Animal Control Warden.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.