HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dog boarding
Posted by: Love my doggie ()
Date: April 17, 2011 02:23PM

I'm looking for a little advice...

I am going out of the country for over two weeks and need to leave my dog somewhere to boarded. So far I have looked at two kennels that made me want to cry and I cannot understand why anyone would leave their dogs there. I have two criteria... 1. I would like my dog to be able to see the grass and pee outside and 2. I would like a place where my dog is not stacked with other dogs and in a pen or cage bigger than 2 by 2! I did not know these were unreal expectations, I am willing to drive far if anyone knows of a good kennel further away! Please let me know any good or bad experiences since I would like to treat my dog humanely!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dog boarding
Posted by: dog owner ()
Date: April 17, 2011 02:29PM

We've had a good experiences with Club Pet on Route 50 near Fairfax/Loudoun county line. Our dog is always happy to go there. She's happy to leave, as well.

They have indoor/outdoor kennels.

Posted by: SoylentGreen ()
Date: April 17, 2011 03:57PM

Posted by: Ryno78 ()
Date: April 17, 2011 04:54PM

Just make sure it is run by Koreans!
Attachments:
asians.png

Posted by: FormerVA ()
Date: April 17, 2011 06:26PM

When we lived in Alexandria, we used Woodlawn Kennel for boarding our German Shepherd dog and our cats. The stays ranged from a few days to two weeks. We were very pleased with their care, facility, staff and rates.

Woodlawn Kennel Pet Care Center
8340 Richmond Highway
Alexandria , VA 22309
ph: 703-360-6161

http://www.woodlawnkennel.com

Posted by: Dog Lady ()
Date: April 17, 2011 06:35PM

Olde Town Pet Resort in Springfield is exceptional! Lots of green grass to run around, pampering, and good care. Expensive but worth it. http://www.oldetownepetresort.com/

They are also opening a new facility in October near Dulles.

Posted by: Inga ()
Date: April 17, 2011 06:36PM

Hello,

There is another alternative to pet boarding. I have a dog walking & pet sitting company. We can do a pet sitting service, where we'd come out to your house while you are out of town and take care of your pet(s). In home pet sitting keeps your pet comfortable & stress free. Please take a moment to view our website www.TickledPaws.com and contact us if you feel this would be a good fit. info@tickledpaws.com

*Licensed, Bonded, & Insured
*BBB Accredited
*Service Magic Accredited
*Pet First Aid & CPR Certified

Posted by: wigleston ()
Date: April 17, 2011 06:38PM

What about dog aborting?

Posted by: 703mama ()
Date: April 17, 2011 07:25PM

Yes, I agree with the Olde Town Pet Resort off Backlick Rd. They will walk, play and even swim with your dog. I left my dog, Megan there and I was very happy with the way they treated her. They provided a report card for reach day. Make sure your dog has the bordetella (kennel cough) vaccine before you drop him/her off an have the vaccination paperwork.

Posted by: FurfaxTownie ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:49PM

SoylentGreen Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> http://www.affectionatepetcare.com/

+1

my dog loves it there. They actually have a woman who sleeps there over night, every night.

Posted by: G'Tmo ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:55PM

Dog boarding.

Is that like pouring dogs over terrorists faces until they give up the intel?

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: April 18, 2011 02:17PM

Am I the only one who is disappointed that this thread wasn't about a new form of water boarding where dogs are used instead of water?

Posted by: EX PG CNTY ()
Date: April 18, 2011 03:46PM

Yabels >> exactly what I was thinking.

Posted by: Whobe ()
Date: April 18, 2011 04:41PM

Well yeah that's what made me open this thread to figure it out????? Then I sees this "my dog loves it there. They actually have a woman who sleeps there over night, every night."

That's just fucking sick, so I learned a new meaning today. Great for the dogs though I guess?

Posted by: dogmom ()
Date: April 18, 2011 10:10PM

I wouldn't suggest Club Pet. I haven't used them, but they don't have good reviews on insiderpages dot com. I'm looking right now for a good place to board my dogs too - affectionatepetcare dot com and dogtalesdaycare dot com are two places I'm going to look at this week. My neighbor boarded her dog at Dog Tales Day Care and was happy with them. Good luck, I know it's hard to find a place to trust :(

Posted by: dogdad ()
Date: April 20, 2011 08:47AM

hey dogmom, there is a great place in Iraq for dog boarding.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.