HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
death notices/suicide?
Posted by: mikumsmukim ()
Date: April 16, 2011 01:51PM

i heard an acquaintance of mine killed himself on 4.14 or 4.15.2011, i haven't been able to find anything about it online; fairfax city and county incident reports say nothing, as does google news search or the washington post website. anyone know how to find out more about this? does it take a few days for this kind of info to come out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: death notices/suicide?
Posted by: 6X ()
Date: April 16, 2011 02:13PM

Suicides are usually not reported in the incident reports. Google his name or tell us the name.

Re: death notices/suicide?
Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: April 16, 2011 02:53PM

Suicides are rarely explicitly discussed in the media. In fact they are rarely reported at all. You will usually at most hear that "X died" without explanation such as some kind of disease or accident, just that they suddenly died. If you are looking for the details of how or why the only way you will find out is likely by people close to them telling you, if they decide for some reason they want to tell you. A guy I knew in middle and high school killed himself years ago, and I found out through friends how he did it and eventually actually read the note, which was photocopied and passed around amongst his group of friends. I was more of a friend of a friend but it made it's way to me eventually. That's the only time I've known that to happen though.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.