HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
VOLUNTEER Fairfax
Posted by: comeonecomeall ()
Date: April 02, 2011 09:50AM

See volunteerfairfax.com for the awards program tickets still available. anyone can go.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VOLUNTEER Fairfax
Posted by: Web Correct ()
Date: April 02, 2011 09:54AM

comeonecomeall Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> See volunteerfairfax.com for the awards program
> tickets still available. anyone can go.

The site is http://volunteerfairfax.org/

Date: April 02, 2011 01:41PM

Thnk you for fixng the page. VOlunteer Fairfax is in a little building by the court house in downtown Fairfax. They can use volunteers all the time. You can volunteer at your library and clean the shelfs. This is special program for you who need to give hours because of a crime you did. There is a lot of staff there that will help.

Posted by: nottrue ()
Date: April 02, 2011 04:42PM

The staff is paid pennies and they let good people go. The director is one of high paid people left. Make volunteer fairfax a government agency and see the program snap into shape with accountability.

Date: April 02, 2011 05:00PM

Everyone should come out and see great program.

Posted by: factsman ()
Date: April 03, 2011 08:11AM

nottrue you must have not benefitted from the community service partnership with the work release.

Date: April 03, 2011 06:34PM

The girls and the boys in the office are very nice and sweet. Always a help.

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: April 03, 2011 08:07PM

I've volunteered with a number of projects they coordinated in the program, Volunteers for Change. Without organizations like them, there would not be the opportunity to be accountable for service within your own community. Not to be lame and repeat cliches but it really does take a village. One of the problems in this country is the emphasis on individual accomplishments and lack of community support when in reality we could all use help from our neighbors. Volunteer Fairfax makes that happen. And you'd be a total idiot to have this purpose governed. Why take a system that works and complicate it with bureaucracy and polute the organization with lazy staff who don't care about anything but their pension? It would be hypocritical to have someone who is governed to provide volunteer services when the whole point is to offer your time and efforts when you don't actually have to, you want to. Yes, the staff do not make much, but they didn't choose their careers for the money. I too work for a non-profit and it is very rewarding for different reasons than most can relate. Volunteer fairfax is all about helping one's community and they care about the people who are helped through volunteerism and appreciate the volunteers. There's nothing bad to say here. Putting them down would be like saying feeding the hungry or saving a drowning person is wrong. They are a great organization with extremely dedicated staff.

Posted by: stones' english teacher ()
Date: April 03, 2011 08:58PM

For fuck sakes use the Goddam return button. That shit ran on like phisty's diahhrea!

Posted by: wazdatbout ()
Date: April 03, 2011 09:14PM

They fired the second in charge the one that cared about the people who volunteered here and worked for many nonprofits. That was just wrong. No question to it. That person who was let go because she made too much was a great asset to the community and the volunteers all stand behind her.

Stone's English Teacher I can say one thing I cannot stop ROFLMAOMAOMAOMAO

Posted by: Stones ()
Date: April 03, 2011 09:50PM

I've volunteered with a number of projects they coordinated in the program, Volunteers for Change.

Without organizations like them, there would not be the opportunity to be accountable for service within your own community.

Not to be lame and repeat cliches but it really does take a village.

One of the problems in this country is the emphasis on individual accomplishments and lack of community support when in reality we could all use help from our neighbors.

Volunteer Fairfax makes that happen. And you'd be a total idiot to have this purpose governed.

Why take a system that works and complicate it with bureaucracy and polute the organization with lazy staff who don't care about anything but their pension?

It would be hypocritical to have someone who is governed to provide volunteer services when the whole point is to offer your time and efforts when you don't actually have to, you want to.

Yes, the staff do not make much, but they didn't choose their careers for the money.

I too work for a non-profit and it is very rewarding for different reasons than most can relate.

Volunteer fairfax is all about helping one's community and they care about the people who are helped through volunteerism and appreciate the volunteers.

There's nothing bad to say here. Putting them down would be like saying feeding the hungry or saving a drowning person is wrong.

They are a great organization with extremely dedicated staff.

Posted by: noqueistion ()
Date: April 04, 2011 05:30AM

They have a great emergency response program too. They helped people get to work and to dialasis and doctors appointments. It is good to be part of a community that people like this come together and step it up.

Posted by: Internet police ()
Date: April 04, 2011 09:54AM

So wasdatbout, were you actually rolling on the floor laughing? And if so, did you really not have the capability of stopping? I mean what stone's english teacher wrote was funny and all, but I have to wonder about your emotional stability if it actually caused you to fall on the floor laughing without the ability to stop yourself. Then you also referenced something going on with your ass. That might be something to see a doctor about.

Just trying to help!

Posted by: nojoketheydidit ()
Date: April 05, 2011 07:54PM

They had a very nice woman there who cared and was always at the Volunteer Fairfax programs. See was what it meant to be an NGO leader. That was wrong of Volunteer Fairfax to do that.

Posted by: cowbells ()
Date: April 06, 2011 02:15PM

Who cares about their staffing/how much they are (or aren't) getting paid - it's a non-profit - like teachers, they don't make money. You can check out their information online (990) for the facts.

They are doign great things for the community and isn't that all that matters?

Date: April 07, 2011 07:22AM

Not when at expense of others. Look at people who were let go and replaced with lower salary people. They are out of work. Where on their website can I find that document you talk about.

Posted by: lame ()
Date: April 07, 2011 01:50PM

Why do you care so much about this nice woman or whoever and how do you why she was let go? Did the big boss call you and say I just wanted to let you know, some random, that we are firing all our staff who make too much.

Who cares anyway? Maybe she was sleeping with the volunteers or stealing from homeless and that was the real reason!

Besides, firing people with bloated salaries and hiring younger staff who are cheaper is good business! That's what America is all about! Volunteering sucks anyway. I gots to get PAID beotch!

Date: April 07, 2011 11:46PM

Shame on you. Everyone that volunteered there knows and love T Mc. You have no clue. Its age and salary discimination. T Mc. would never sleep with the volunteers.

Posted by: whatgoijngon ()
Date: April 08, 2011 06:50PM

With the federal shut down and them not letting people volunteer to do their work I hope volunteer fairfax is busy with people volunteering for them. The library shelves should be spik and span. The parks should be spotless. Bingo should be packed with volunteers at the senior centers. Make good use of your time and volunteer at volunteer fairfax.

Posted by: whatgoijngon ()
Date: April 09, 2011 11:48AM

The federal goverment will not shut down so you can go to work next week. I hope you come out and volunter because it is great and I love it.

Posted by: noquetsion ()
Date: April 10, 2011 07:20AM

On April 30 is a thing you can help fix up homes so people do not need to move out of. It is big volunteer thing. It on news today.

Posted by: gogogogogooooo ()
Date: April 11, 2011 07:32PM

Happy Natonal Fairfax Volutneer Week

Posted by: biggggesttttdayyyy ()
Date: April 12, 2011 07:58PM

Tomorrow is so great with great breakfast for volunteers.

Posted by: wronger ()
Date: April 14, 2011 06:45AM

I did wrong with day. Today is eciting day for breakfast. Watch on news today.

Posted by: sosohappy ()
Date: April 14, 2011 06:51PM

today was greatest day evr.

Posted by: Zack ()
Date: April 14, 2011 07:20PM

My hat is off to the volunteers who take the dogs in the animal shelter for a walk each day. The majority of dogs will be put to sleep I am sure. I have no idea how those people can keep doing what they do, it would keep me awake at night. My thanks to those who do this impossible job.

Posted by: animalsrok ()
Date: April 15, 2011 05:40AM

Zack that is great program hands down. Not volunteer fairfx though. The volunteer fairfx on is the cat rescue at the pet store.

Posted by: awardthegreatest ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:05PM

Why cant find volunteer awards on there webpage?

Posted by: sosososohappy ()
Date: April 15, 2011 06:15PM

They picutres are there now. It is so great. Go look at it. Volunteers in Fairfx are great and more should do it. I hope no rain tomorrow.

Posted by: sunysunday ()
Date: April 17, 2011 01:14PM

Anybody got great idea to volunteer today someplace. It is sunny.

Date: April 17, 2011 06:27PM

Where did dat lady go? Her picture still on the website may be she is back.

Posted by: ye botch ()
Date: April 18, 2011 12:06AM

yo, "dat lady" be da bomb! De be da beotch dat be da volunteer queen! me miss her! Me love volunteer an dat lady be kick ass. De website be da awesome beotch comah home! The bitch is back! Oh no joke they did it!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.