HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
election over take down the signs
Posted by: hold em ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:04PM

Anyone know how long the politicians have to remove the millions of signs from the median strips?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: election over take down the signs
Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: November 06, 2007 08:58PM

who said anythign about the politicians removing them? ITs up to VDOT to pick them up. Dont try to pick them up yourself, they will arrest you.

Posted by: Gonzo ()
Date: November 06, 2007 09:04PM

Our tax dollars at work.

Posted by: Annoyed ()
Date: November 07, 2007 07:53AM

Kind of makes you want to sneak out in the middle of the night, pull them down and deposit them in the candidate's yard, doesn't it?

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: November 07, 2007 09:00AM

The candidates have 15 days from the election to remove them, per article 12, section 12-103 of the zoning ordinance (page 10 of this linked pdf document: http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/dpz/zoningordinance/articles/art12.pdf ).

Date: November 07, 2007 04:41PM

Correction: Candidates have 15 days to remove them from private property. They werent allowed on public property in the first place, so there is no limit on how long they can stay on the roads. They arent allowed in the first place.

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: November 07, 2007 04:51PM

That's true, but some candidates apply that to their signs in the ROW. I've worked for a couple who did at least.

Posted by: RATZ'AZZ ()
Date: November 07, 2007 05:25PM

Dear Annoyed,

If you find out where the criminals who put up the signs within the right of ways live, I'll help you and leave a deposit of my own on top of the pile.

Each ILLEGAL sign posted within the right of way of any highway is a misdemeanor offense. Tells us what sort of people are being elected.

Date: November 07, 2007 05:41PM

Appreciate the response. I actually do not care for politicians of either party. There were excessive signs on both parts but I think one or two signs on every block were more than enough. On the Fairfax Parkway they would have several hundred on one stretch. I do not think anyone can be swayed by the candidate who puts up the most signs.
I heard that the Davis lady with the long name and Petersen spent in excess of one million dollars on ads. I just cannot picture that but it was reported on several news channels as being that much.Must be alot of perks in the job or lots of payoffs for someone to want the job that badly.
I hate to think what it is going to be like next year for the presidents job.

Date: November 07, 2007 05:50PM

My only problem with them is that they block view of oncoming traffic when I'm trying to turn left into my development and they're planted accross the median on the other side.

Date: November 07, 2007 06:06PM

To give the guy some credit I called Cuccinellis office and asked them to take down a huge sign they had on the Fairfax Parkway at Rolling Road. You could not see the cars backing up in the morning rush hour as the sign was right on a bend in the road. The next day the sign was gone.

When I called VDOT about some of the signs blocking the turning lanes they said they were illegal but there was nothing they could do about it. I took that as meaning since the politicians control the money to VDOT, they meaning VDOT better not dare take down the signs.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: November 07, 2007 07:30PM

...we have to wait first, for the outcome of the Cuccinelli-Oleszek race.

Hopefully, Oleszek wil conceed, sooner-than-later.

Posted by: Your Name ()
Date: November 07, 2007 08:18PM

My dad used to take me around town in his car on the weekend after an election and I'd grab up a bunch of the signs. The wooden stakes made for good kindling, except something in them pops a little bit.

Posted by: resident fairfax station ()
Date: November 08, 2007 09:30AM

You watch the losers will leave them up past the dead line and the winners won't bother picking up the losers signs when they take theirs down as well.

keepontrucken is wrong!

Date: November 08, 2007 03:25PM

The Pat Herity signs on Braddock road and Rt 29 in Fairfax now have pieces of paper taped on that say Thank You!.

I think they should say Fuck You!

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: November 11, 2007 05:08PM

KeepOnTruckin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Pat Herity signs on Braddock road and Rt 29 in
> Fairfax now have pieces of paper taped on that say
> Thank You!.
>
>
> I think they should say Fuck You!

LOL! such a great idea. ^_^

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ladymacb29 ()
Date: November 18, 2007 01:01AM

Back home in my area of NY state, we have a law that after a certain number of days after the eleciton, the candidates' signs need to be taken down and the candidates get fined if the signs are still there after the deadline.

I keep wishing someone would create a law here for that. This place looks like a pigsty from August to January because of the signs.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: November 18, 2007 10:18AM

Can't take down the signs... We have to wait for Oleszek to exhaust all of her (recount, etc.) efforts. Wait, I thnk I called that one, back on the 7th of Nov.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.