HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Virginia Department of Health Restaurant Inspection Search
Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 22, 2005 03:24PM

If you haven't seen this before, you can search by restaurant name and check out their health violations.

Search Fairfax County here http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf

and other Va. localities here.
http://www.healthspace.ca/vdh

Some of the violations are pretty gross the lunch place near my office is sited for things like preparing food on a board perched on a trash can.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Virginia Department of Health Restaurant Inspection Search
Posted by: Randy ()
Date: August 22, 2005 03:29PM

Here is an example from Amphora's latest inspection

Critical A food employee failed to wash his or her hands before engaging in food preparation, after touching bare human body parts, after coughing, sneezing, eating, after handling soiled utensils or after engaging in any activity which may have contaminated his/her hands. Employees are involved in various types of food preparation as well as cleaning.

Instruct food employees to clean their hands and exposed portions of their arms immediately before engaging in food preparation including working with exposed food, clean equipment and utensils, and unwrapped single-service and single-use articles and during food preparation, as often as necessary to remove soil and contamination and to prevent cross contamination when changing task.REVIEW WITH EMPLOYEES WHEN, WHERE AND HOW TO WASH HANDS AND THE NEED TO CHANGE GLOVES WHEN CHANGING ACTIVITIES.

Posted by: Matt ()
Date: August 24, 2005 11:07AM

That's nasty, I don't think I'll be eating at the Fair Lakes Red Robin either. According to the inspection from July 2005:

Violations:
A summary of the violations found during the inspection are listed below.
Code Observation / Corrective Action
43.1-3-5 Critical Dead pests in trap constitute a health hazard.
Situation requires temporary suspension of operations and immediate service by pest control technician.
6-501.111C Critical Methods are needed to control rodent pests.
When pests are found use methods to such as trapping devices or other means of pest control. Insects and other pests are capable of transmitting disease to man by contaminating food and food-contact surfaces.

This website is like a train wreck, at my favorite restraunt.

Posted by: Boredom ()
Date: September 08, 2005 04:02PM

That's a little nasty to have dead rodents laying on the floor, but it isn't like they were throwing it around the kitchen with their bare hands or using it to "season" the french fries.

Date: September 09, 2005 10:07AM

Pre-emptive sorry for being off topic. Does anyone know why Old Glory in centreville closed. It's been closed for years and NOTHING has changed until recently. They placed plywood over the windows and it looks like they painted. But other then that, nothing. Even the Old Glory sign is still up.

Posted by: Winnie ()
Date: September 09, 2005 02:33PM

No idea about that Old Glory, but for some reason that location is cursed. The Bertuccis that was there was always doing a slamming business then just closed up one day. It sat there in the same manner as Old Glory, with decorations on the windows, signs still intact and everything.

Posted by: Boredom ()
Date: September 09, 2005 04:06PM

Is that the place that was on the corner of a strip mall just past the Rt. 28 and Rt. 29 overpass? If so I can tell you why it's closed. If not, well, I don’t know why. =P

Their service *SUCKED*. It was hands down awful. People don't like waiting 10 minutes for their server to show up after they’ve been seated. The last time I was there the service was very slow, the food wasn't anything special, and while we were there I counted 10 or so people (across 3 tables) come in and get seated and then walk out when their server never showed up. This was after they complained about the lack of service, so it isn’t like they came in and sat down and then were forgotten.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 09, 2005 06:03PM

about Old Glory: from what ive seen, usually, when places go out of business, they dont bother removing their signs. so im betting they went out of business long ago.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: ben ()
Date: September 10, 2005 12:25AM

That shopping center is dead, my guess being the awful location.. isn't there just an unfinished furniture store there now?

Posted by: mason lurker ()
Date: June 22, 2006 06:25PM

Yeah, this thread is old as hell, but interesting! Someone mentioned Amphora's Diner Deluxe earlier. I eat there a lot since it's 24/7 and noticed they had 14 critical violations during the last inspection in april!

click here for it http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf/Food-InspectionDetails?OpenView&RestrictToCategory=2FCD766181D9DC6185257154004CC32F&Count=1000

or here for the list of all food places http://www.healthspace.ca/Clients/VDH/Fairfax/Fairfax_Website.nsf

Posted by: RESton Peace ()
Date: June 22, 2006 06:33PM

see, I see a lot of places I eat at regularly with mad cirtical violations, but its always about food storage or some minor recepticle being broken or the like... stuff that isn't as bad as not washing your hands.

The guy observed seperate instances of handwashing violations. I will never eat at amphora again without taking antibiotics first.

Posted by: CorinaS ()
Date: June 22, 2006 06:35PM

does anybody know if the health deparments in Montgomery County, MD or DC have similary website?

Thanks!

Posted by: 345 ()
Date: June 23, 2006 09:14AM

Most chinese restaurants have a cat clause. As long as they are cooked to 350F internal temp, there is no violation.

i got food poison -Diarrhea by take out food from Diya resturant 2070 chain Bridge road vienna va22182 --
Posted by: kosar Aftab ()
Date: July 21, 2013 01:19PM

This message is for food Inspector , Fairfax county virginia
Last night around 10 P.M. GOT TAKE AWAY 3 DISHES FROM
Diya resturant 2070 Chain Bridge road vienna Va 22182.
dish 1/ Rice, chicken Biriyani
2/ Sangam kebob mix of chicken, Lamb [they were read inside not well cooked].had smell of some kind i only ate a small bite and left.
3/ Sarson Ka Saag. it was green --and taste was strange i felt it either came out of refreezing . But not fresh like one gets .
i ate few spoons of that mustared spinich name Saag.
And rice.
with in 25 minutes i had kind of food poision and severe Diarrhea.food started running in my stomach with noise.
i went to toilet 4 times in 30 minutes. As i wanted this food to go out of my body.
i only started medicine after one hour when i felt i was feeling very week. from last night to now i have taken 4 caplets of ANTI-DIARRHEAL -CVS Brand.
i am better but still stomach is not fully recovered.i feel very week dizzy , could not sleep .
when i saw red and smell in kebob i told my daughter, did not give to herson kebob and Mustarad SAAG.
I gave him few spoons of rice only . he too complain stomachache did not sleep.
i feel worse was Kebob and Saag . So thank God he survived from Diarrhea.
pl; check their kitchen,
do the Diya freezes left over food and sells next day and refreezes.
thank you.
customer name
mrs. kosar Aftab

Posted by: greppington ()
Date: July 21, 2013 08:28PM

Wat

Posted by: get up to date ()
Date: July 21, 2013 08:31PM

This is now in the perview of Code Compliance. They will close the restauarant pending a complete investigation. They will send you to the consumer task force to get a refund on this meal.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.