HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Does She know About FFXU????
Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 27, 2007 10:44PM

Posting of personal information of people of interest has been going on here for years!

FAIRFAX, Va. -- Virginia state Senate candidate J. Chapman Peterson said he's furious his opponent has published his family's personal information in a campaign mailing, and sheriff's deputies have been patrolling his neighborhood as a precaution.

Republican Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites Davis published the home address, telephone number and family members' names of Peterson, a Democrat.

Peterson said he has only gotten a few angry phone calls. Still, he said his family's personal information has been exposed. He said he didn't ask for extra protection, but the Fairfax County Sheriff's Office has been patrolling his neighborhood this week.

Davis said all the information in her mailing was already publicly available. She said Peterson is making a big deal out of nothing.

But the Virginia Coalition of Police and Deputy Sheriffs is thinking about withdrawing its endorsement of Davis over the incident.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does She know About FFXU????
Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 28, 2007 12:10AM

Radiophile Wrote:

> Republican Sen. Jeannemarie Devolites Davis

LOL Republican??? That's a freaking joke. She's a total lefty. She must have some serious balls to call herself a republican.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 28, 2007 01:08AM

Devolites Davis's daughter is an armed robber...how could you expect better from a mom like that?

Vote Chap!

Posted by: Neen ()
Date: October 28, 2007 01:39AM

Good to see that Chap supporters wouldn't stoop so low as to to involve the candidate's children.

Please post ANY evidence that the police are withdrawing their support of Jeannemarie.

Of course the police are looking out for Chap's house, he asked them to do that after he got TWO, that's TWO 'weird' phone calls. What a freakin' wimp. The police will stop by your street too, you need only ask. It's their JOB.

I got a lovely flyer from Chap on Thursday with a lovely picture of his whole family, with their names. So I don't get how this is even an issue. Candidates addresses aren't secret! Chap's address and phone number are in the phone book and on every paper he files. It's the law. duh. His address is also on his blog and website!

I will give Chap credit for best actor in his own drama. What a drama Queen! (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2007 01:43AM by Neen.

Posted by: bob ()
Date: October 28, 2007 01:44AM

duh Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Devolites Davis's daughter is an armed
> robber...how could you expect better from a mom
> like that?
>
> Vote Chap!

You are exactly correct Duh! What better way to select a candidate based on the actions of a completely different, independent individual. Those silly intellectuals who actually select candidates who mesh with their political beliefs, what a bunch of morons!

Date: October 28, 2007 02:15AM

Neen Wrote:
> Good to see that Chap supporters wouldn't stoop so
> low as to to involve the candidate's children.

I thought this was a joke at first, but it's true.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dyn?pagename=article&node=&contentId=A52646-2002Jun14&notFound=true

I don't know about anyone else but I'm not a chap supporter.

And an adult (25 year old) felon is hardly a "child", and since she has been convicted of a violent felony, she hardly deserves the protection that a minor child, without a criminal record mind you, deserves.

No wonder Jeannemarie is so anti-gun. She probably blames her daughter's robberies on the shotgun they used. Mom must be so proud. So typical yet still so ironic.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 28, 2007 06:30AM

Isn't there an expression, "mother like daughter" or "daughter like mother"? It's time for major changes: vote out all incumbents. While a large number of Americans are divorced. other threads have suggested that children of single parents have a more difficult time and are more prone to bad behaviors.

The amount of Fairfax political campaign hate mail is staggering. It arrives every day. I find it very difficult to credit the campaigners who are sending me this hate mail, regardless of political/incumbency status.

Date: October 28, 2007 09:55AM

The Chap supporter who stopped by my house a couple of weeks ago was real cute! And she got bonus points for some well placed piercings!

Is Jeanemarries daughter a hottie?

Date: October 29, 2007 07:14PM

Last night, Igot a phone call from someone reminding me to vote for Chap Peterson. I said "2 votes in this household!" I then asked the guy, "didnt the other candidate send out mailers with Chaps peronal information". His reply was "She has sent out a number of mailers saying different things". I then said isnt Jeanmaries daughter in jail for armed robbery?" he said "I dont know about that."

Kudos to the Chap Peterson volunteer for NOT taking the low road. The road Jeanmarie is so fond of.

If Chap sent out a mailer even mentioning her daughter, she would cry fowl.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: October 29, 2007 08:52PM

In the upcoming election, I will be voting for Chap Petersen.
I am so disgusted with JMDD's bratty attitude and lousy voting record its
time for her to go. She calls herself a Republican, but in truth, she's trying to
out-Pelosi Nancy herself. What a punk she is! Only time will tell if
Petersen performs well in office, but for the meantime, JMDD needs to be humbled
once and for all. Its been about 15 years since I've voted for a Democrat for
anything, but this is going to be an exception.

Posted by: Tre3 ()
Date: October 29, 2007 10:23PM

I liked Chap Petersen when he was younger. He ran for office in Fairfax, saying he was following in his grandfather's footsteps. He personally knocked on my door and we chatted about youth sports, schools, parks, traffic... all the things we cared about. Seemed like serving in political office (as opposed to being a politician) was in his blood, in a good way. Then he quit that job to run for state office, using Put Fairfax First as a slogan. And I liked that. And as a Freshman in Richmond, I expected it would take a few terms for him to earn the experience and respect to really accomplish anything. And that was OK, because he seemed in it for the long haul. But then he quit that to run for statewide office, and that didn't work out. I expected he would return to Fairfax and do something here to earn respect and run again. But that didn't happen. He sort of disappeared.

Then over the past couple of years our little area of Fairfax started growing more Democratic voters. Real Democrats, who own the philosphy that makes the party strong. Will vote for a Democrat because of the party rather than experience, issues, or local knowledge. This is a big change for an area that traditionally voted for friends and families and friends of families that we knew.

Then Chap jumped in to this State Senate race. I thought to myself that this would be interesting and the timing was perfect. But his Put Fairfax First message was quickly and effectively countered by his opponent who not only has the experience and good deeds to claim Fairfax as her own, but also that husband of hers who has been tremendously moderate and respected in Congress for so many years. Her record in Richmond seemed to indicate that she did what was best for Fairfax regardless of whether it fit into her party's agenda. And I was OK with that too. In fact, I can't remember anything of the people who ran against her in previous elections. Only that she was always involved in issues that mattered to me, doing it in ways that made sense.

I don't remember the day that this competition turned away from who could do best for Fairfax and went personal. Early on, I heard her introduce something by saying she was a mother who had a daughter in trouble. And I listened, because I too had a daughter in trouble, though certainly not nearly that bad. Then those postcards started coming, once a week at first, now more often. Then he posted that YouTube video that really took what she said way out of context. Then she started sending postcards that emphasized votes he made that mattered less for the issues than for the respect he was trying to earn in Richmond. The votes that made sense back then if he was going to be in it for the long term.

The day I realized this was a very different race than we've seen before was when a young man knocked on my door in September. He knew me by name, and my interests. We chatted for awhile and he let me know he was just there to help get the word out about his friend Chap. But as we talked, it became clear that he didn't really know Chap and his history in our community. Turns out that this guy was from out of state. Someone gave him a Blackberry and paid him to knock on my door and talk about my family and my interests, which they had kept in a database somewhere. I really didn't feel good about this.

If you've read this far, you probably realize that I vote for people over party. So here's the bottom line: Chap, you have a few days left to knock on my door and tell me what you plan to do better than the incumbent. Just like you did a few years ago. Otherwise, you will just seem like an opportunist, and even if the voters send you to Richmond again, it won't be with the respect and hope that I had for you the first time.

And for Chap's opponent, it appears your husband is looking at retirement from elected office, and if the voters don't send you back to Richmond, I hope that you both stay as involved in the community as you have before. There is so much to be done that can be tremendously helped by people like you with the experience in governement... whether you are in elected office or not.

Posted by: chim chang ()
Date: October 31, 2007 05:59PM

I won't be voting DEVOLITES she just seems like a crook. She soft on illegals and seems to care less about traffic issues. I don't care about her shotgun toting child but how can she said anything about chap peterson's gun stance if her daughter points weapons (shotgun) at people for money.

Date: October 31, 2007 10:33PM

chim chang Wrote:
> but how can she said anything
> about chap peterson's gun stance if her daughter
> points weapons (shotgun) at people for money.

Now that I think about it, it makes sense. She doesn't like the idea of concealed handgun licenses because she realizes that someone with a CHL could have sent her daughter to an early grave if they'd been around when she was knocking off gas stations.

Speaking of which, isn't it ironic that these http://www.fairfaxcounty.gov/police/reports/reports2007/103107robberysunococentreville.htm morons just got busted for doing the same thing? Looks like these Marylanders are going to get to spend a LOOOoooooong time here in Virginia. Dumbasses. Marylanders should know better than to bring their gang-banger bullshit down here. You do and you'll end up at Red Onion

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/31/2007 10:35PM by trogdor!.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.