HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Missing Ashburn Woman
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:48PM

I know it is Ashburn, but the word needs to get out to Fairfax,

The Loudoun County Sheriff’s Office is seeking the public’s help in locating an Ashburn woman who was last seen on Jan. 29.

Bethany Anne Decker, 21, was reported missing on Feb. 19 by her family after repeated attempts to contact her, sheriff’s investigators said.

Decker is white, about 4 feet 11 inches tall, weighs 130 pounds, with brown hair and brown eyes. She is also believed to be about five months pregnant. Her last known address is an apartment on Orchard Grass Terrace in Ashburn. Her vehicle was located at that address. She also has family living in the Fredericksburg area. Decker’s husband is with the US military currently serving in Afghanistan.

Anyone with information is asked to contact Inv. M. Halley at 703-777-0475.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2011 04:49PM by FUNdamental.
Attachments:
mail_thumb.jpg

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing Ashburn Woman
Posted by: just a hunch ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:51PM

seems you have a bead on all the missing ladies from the region. Guilty conscience? If I were local LEO, your crawlspace would be first on my list of places to search.

Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: March 01, 2011 04:55PM

just a hunch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> seems you have a bead on all the missing ladies
> from the region. Guilty conscience? If I were
> local LEO, your crawlspace would be first on my
> list of places to search.

Just heard it on the radio; WTOP for the first, WETA for the second.

I have a wife and two kids at home; I don't get out much.

Posted by: just a hunch ()
Date: March 01, 2011 05:02PM

FUNdamental Wrote:
> I have a wife and two kids at home; I don't get
> out much.

Gacy had a wife and two kids too.

Posted by: Husband? ()
Date: March 01, 2011 05:26PM

Twenty-one-year-old Bethany Anne Decker was last seen on Jan. 29. Inside her apartment, there was no sign that she packed bags or had plans to leave. Her cell phone, bank account and credit cards have not been used since Jan. 29.

Family members reported her missing on Feb. 19. Decker has a 17-month-old son who has been living with his maternal grandmother in Richmond while she attended George Mason University full-time.

She says her daughter was with her husband, Emile, who was on leave from his Army National Guard deployment to Afghanistan. Emile went back overseas Feb. 2.

http://www.tbd.com/articles/2011/03/ashburn-woman-missing-since-jan-29-55550.html

Posted by: My bet ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:07PM

the husband did it

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:18PM

Off topic, but anyway the article doesn't mention what the husband says, or why the family took three weeks to report her missing.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: Merv the Perv ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:20PM

She's kind of cute. And the description says she's knocked up so you know she's not opposed to doing it raw dog. Plus 4 11 is a pretty good size for BJs. I wouldnt' mind finding her.

Posted by: ammo ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:21PM

It's just sad. People disappear and people make light of the fact..

Posted by: Bovine ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:24PM

That cumdumpster slut is total wormfood.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: March 01, 2011 06:49PM

He must have some alibi. How did he not report her missing by Feb 2?

Date: March 01, 2011 06:54PM

If he was deployed on Feb 2 that probably meant he had to be somewhere before then. You don't go from sitting in your house to arriving in Afghanistan in a matter of hours.

I hope they find her.

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: so ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:02PM

Saw this on NBC 4, it wasn't reported by the family immediatly since she is estranged from them and they don't have regular contact.

They talked to a neighbor who said there were sounds of arguing coming from the apartment all the time.

The husband wouldn't have reported her missing if he killed her.

He is redeployed to Afghanistan and investigators are seeking to speak with him.

Posted by: dareal ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:09PM

The real question is where was he 5 months ago...

Posted by: Drama ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:16PM

dareal Wrote:
> The real question is where was he 5 months ago...

Indeed. Plot thickens, huh?

She forgot to write the Dear John letter...so he did?

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:52PM

It's always the pretty chicks who have some creep disappearing them.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:54PM

justsayin Wrote:
> If he was deployed on Feb 2 that probably meant he
> had to be somewhere before then. You don't go
> from sitting in your house to arriving in
> Afghanistan in a matter of hours.
>
> I hope they find her.

I don't know dude, I did that. I mean, I'm Superman, and I just gave the middle finger to the loadmaster and skipped across the seven seas with my gear.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: WorriedSick ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:16PM

I know Bethany personally and you all don't know the whole story! We are hoping she is still ALIVE! Thank you all for your great up lifting words of support. NOT! It's so sad that people would make comments that they know nothing about. "He who is with out sin cast the first stone." Bethany if you see this PLEASE contact someone in your family or friends. We love you and miss you. Hope you are all right!

Posted by: To worried sick ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:24PM

If I had a child missing I would use any forum to find her.

Even negative press is good press when your child is missing.

Karma is a bitch.

Weird. I have seen others brought down for no reason other then they were an asshole. Hmm..

Date: March 01, 2011 08:30PM

spinner.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: so ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:56PM

So Sister we don't know the whole story...why don't you tell us ? Perhaps it will stem some of the ignorance...

Posted by: The dude ()
Date: March 01, 2011 09:03PM

Sure, I'm sure disclosing detailed information thats part of an ongoing investigation is a real good idea, especially to appease you guys.

Posted by: Luper ()
Date: March 01, 2011 10:05PM

I've been friends with Bethany and Emile (her husband) for years. It's funny how people always think the husband is guilty, when Emile has been in Afghanistan this whole time. Negative comments are NOT appreciate it. Bethany, please be safe. We love you.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: March 01, 2011 10:09PM

The dude Wrote:
> Sure, I'm sure disclosing detailed information
> thats part of an ongoing investigation is a real
> good idea, especially to appease you guys.

NOT!

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: March 02, 2011 06:53AM

Pinhead the Cenobite Wrote:
> spinner.

This.

Posted by: afriend ()
Date: March 02, 2011 09:21AM

she iz a great friend u guyz are such insensitive bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

Posted by: Curioser ()
Date: March 02, 2011 10:39AM

Luper Wrote:
> I've been friends with Bethany and Emile (her
> husband) for years. It's funny how people always
> think the husband is guilty, when Emile has been
> in Afghanistan this whole time. Negative comments
> are NOT appreciate it. Bethany, please be safe. We
> love you.

Uh...the media says he let a few days (Feb 2) after she last was seen (Jan 29) AND that she was 5 months pregnant.

So he wasn't in Afghanistan near her disappearing time but may have been there during her conception time, right?

Wanna try to clear those up for your audience?

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: March 02, 2011 10:46AM

afriend Wrote:
> she iz a great friend u guyz are such insensitive
> bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would
> you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This
> blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u
> if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT
Attachments:
seriouscat.jpg

Date: March 02, 2011 10:49AM

ooohh..

Date: March 02, 2011 11:34AM

No matter what her nationality, she is still a human being and has friends that want her back safe.

Posted by: Fruppie ()
Date: March 02, 2011 12:20PM

justsayin Wrote:
> No matter what her nationality, she is still a
> human being and has friends that want her back
> safe.

That's stupid.

Date: March 05, 2011 09:47AM

"Decker’s husband is with the US military currently serving in Afghanistan. "

Well the above didn't tell the whole story it seems. Loudoun cops searched a Centreville guy's house who is her boyfriend and the father of the kid.

I'm trying to get the players straight here... she is married and has a 17-month-old (who is living wiht other family) to a soldier who is in Afghanistan but was here shortly before she went missing. She is pregnant, but buy some guy in Centreville.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/update-on-the-news/police-search-home-of-missing.html

"The Centreville man, the father of Decker's unborn child, saw Decker on Jan. 29, the papers say."

So he saw her Jan 29, AND her husband was back and saw her Jan 29? Did the husband ever come back from Afghanistan at all and the press is confused? I am confused. This sounds like a Springer episode.

Date: March 05, 2011 11:50AM

The boyfriend apparently moved back in with his mother on January 31 when the lease expired.

1. I can't see where a married woman would be able to continue the same living situation under the same roof with her bf's parents.

2. The boyfriend doesn't have the income to live on his own.

3. Neither does the missing woman without the husband paying for the rent and providing the credit reference.

It looks to me like the boyfriend relationship was probably coming to its end when the woman went missing.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: March 06, 2011 06:32AM

afriend Wrote:
> she iz a great friend u guyz are such insensitive
> bastards. i'm cryin now thanks to you, how would
> you like it if this wuz one of YOUR friends. This
> blog is crap!!!! y do u think dat is funny fuck u
> if u dont know her because YOU DONT PEACE OUT

why do people keep calling this site a blog?!

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Josh Turner Wingspan ()
Date: March 07, 2011 11:06PM

Ronald Roldan has quite a rap sheet on the Arrest/Ticket Search. I have to assume it is the same guy ... lived in Chantilly (not C'ville but close enough), lived in Ashburn and has a history of drunken outbursts. I know what you're saying ...

The husband did it. Probably right since he has first ownership rights in her. Mr. Roland got sloppy seconds.

Posted by: Josh Turneroverin Findawetspot ()
Date: March 08, 2011 12:32AM

Must I continue the conversation with myself to get some attention around here?

Posted by: Ms ProVallone ()
Date: March 08, 2011 08:23AM

Josh Turneroverin Findawetspot Wrote:
> Must I continue the conversation with myself to
> get some attention around here?

don't know what kind of attention you are looking for, but from your previous statement about the Roland dude, and watching the news reports etc, one would assume she could be dead and that bf of hers could most likely have something to do with it. I don't expect everyone is going to agree for it is only my opinion.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: March 08, 2011 08:42AM

typical woman... a few too many Lifetime/Oxygen made-for-television "movies" and it is automatically the boyfriend or husband's fault whenever some dumb broad goes missing.

Date: March 08, 2011 08:52AM

whore

Date: March 08, 2011 08:57AM

With no other information and just on the face of the incomplete story so far I think it points to the boyfriend. It is feasible that the husband could have left for Afghanistan and not heard from her and not suspected she was missing, especially since he probably knew about the boyfriend... can't know for sure, if she was overweight it is quite possible she was 4 months pregnant the last time he saw her and didn't know it. At 4'11" 130lbs she may not have been showing enough yet and it is possible the existence of the boyfriend came to light as a result of her being missing.

The boyfriend she was cheating with lives in this area... her going missing would be known to him fairly quickly, not this three or four weeks to report her missing BS.

Being married and fighting for your country while your wife gets knocked up stateside has got to be a challenging thing to go through.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 08:57AM by justsayin.

Posted by: Junior Sherlock ()
Date: March 08, 2011 09:09AM

justsayin Wrote:
> With no other information and just on the face of
> the incomplete story so far I think it points to
> the boyfriend. It is feasible that the husband
> could have left for Afghanistan and not heard from
> her

She ceased to exist as of the 29th of January - not even a single cell phone call since then; the husband did not deploy until the 4th of February.

If =I= were a loving husband about to go away for an extended period of time, I would be "around" my wife til the last possible second.

I don't know anything about this particular apparent-tragedy other than what I've read right here (or via here's links), however on the face of it I wouldn't just be investigating an ex-boyfriend, that's for sure.

Date: March 08, 2011 09:15AM

Junior Sherlock Wrote:
> She ceased to exist as of the 29th of January -
> not even a single cell phone call since then; the
> husband did not deploy until the 4th of February.
>
> If =I= were a loving husband about to go away for
> an extended period of time, I would be "around" my
> wife til the last possible second.

>
> I don't know anything about this particular
> apparent-tragedy other than what I've read right
> here (or via here's links), however on the face of
> it I wouldn't just be investigating an
> ex-boyfriend, that's for sure.

In all likelihood he probably was. Only the "last...second" you speak of was probably the last of her life and not the last 'till he deployed again. I was part of a prisoner transport detail one time..this guy in my company had beaten the shit out of his cheating whore wife before going back to Iraq and they stopped him in Germany and flew him back to throw him in the pokey.

Date: March 08, 2011 09:29AM

Gonads & Strife Wrote:
> In all likelihood he probably was. Only the
> "last...second" you speak of was probably the last
> of her life and not the last 'till he deployed
> again. I was part of a prisoner transport detail
> one time..this guy in my company had beaten the
> shit out of his cheating whore wife before going
> back to Iraq and they stopped him in Germany and
> flew him back to throw him in the pokey.

Lol!

I was trying to be a little more neutral than that in my comments there...

Posted by: Ms ProVallone ()
Date: March 08, 2011 09:59AM

wouldn't be surprise if both of them were somehow involved with her disapperance.

Date: March 08, 2011 10:08AM

someone was posting to her Facebook account which fooled people into thinking she was still alive.

http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-national/police-say-someone-posed-as-missing-pregnant-virginia-woman-on-facebook

Date: March 08, 2011 10:10AM

Well, that's pretty much a dead giveaway.

IP trace. FB will cough up the IP in no time.

Date: March 08, 2011 10:21AM

Junior Sherlock Wrote:
> She ceased to exist as of the 29th of January -
> not even a single cell phone call since then; the
> husband did not deploy until the 4th of February.
>
> If =I= were a loving husband about to go away for
> an extended period of time, I would be "around" my
> wife til the last possible second.

See my March 01, 2011 06:54PM post, rather than have me repeat myself on the "we don't have transporter technology yet to hop between sites on the planet instantly" post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2011 10:21AM by justsayin.

Posted by: Model Citizen ()
Date: March 08, 2011 10:58AM

"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","021"," 11017","BECONTREE LAKE #209 ","DR","RESTON ","VA","12/01/2001","60-64MPH/35MPH ZONE "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","021"," 11017","BECONTREE LAKE #209 ","DR","RESTON ","VA","12/01/2001","NO/STATE INSPECTION "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 44353","BABBLING BROOK 305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","04/10/2006","CHILD RESTRAINT DEVICE NOT USED "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 44353","BABBLING BROOK 305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","04/10/2006","EXPIRED STATE REGISTRATION "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 44353","BABBLING BROOK 305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","04/10/2006","NO/STATE INSPECTION "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 45168","WATERPOINT #305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","09/08/2006","DESTRUCTION PROPERTY > $999 "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 45168","WATERPOINT #305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","09/08/2006","DESTRUCTION PROPERTY > $999 "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","026"," 45168","WATERPOINT #305 ","TE","ASHBURN ","VA","09/08/2006","DRUNK IN PUBLIC OR PROFANE "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","028"," 13729","AUTUMN VALE ","CT","CHANTILLY ","VA","11/27/2008","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","029"," 13729","AUTUMN VALE ","CT","CHANTILLY ","VA","11/21/2009","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","029"," 13729","AUTUMN VALE ","CT","CHANTILLY ","VA","11/21/2009","DRIVE-OL RVKD/SUSP "
"ROLDAN ","RONALD ","D","029"," 13729","AUTUMN VALE ","CT","CHANTILLY ","VA","11/21/2009","DWI/2ND OR SUBSEQUENT

Posted by: your moms ()
Date: March 08, 2011 11:06AM

Always mixed emotions of intrigue and shame when you see your street listed in someone's record on here...

Posted by: Wino2010 ()
Date: March 08, 2011 11:45AM

According to the Examiner report, the boyfriend is 21, so this isn't him.

Date: March 08, 2011 12:15PM

Les Wrote:
> someone was posting to her Facebook account which
> fooled people into thinking she was still alive.
>
> http://www.examiner.com/missing-persons-in-nationa
> l/police-say-someone-posed-as-missing-pregnant-vir
> ginia-woman-on-facebook

Oh that's a good one! If it wasn't her, that's that. If it WAS her, it'll be interesting to see what the location was - would have had to be from whereever she usually did so, right? Yet, she didn't even use her cell phone? No...

I haven't yet read the article but how do police know it was a fake her?

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: March 08, 2011 12:35PM

From the article:

Her husband, Emile Decker, 21, is currently serving in the army. Arrangements have been made through the military to have an electronic face-to-face follow-up interview with Decker in the near future, authorities said.

Investigators say Emile Decker has been cooperative.

So her husband has been cooperative, they don't say anything about her boyfriend, who happened to be the last person to see her... hmmm...

Posted by: Adolf ()
Date: March 08, 2011 06:31PM

No, the boy friend did it. The P.D. are checking his legal status right now. I sure hope her husband dosn't get wounded or killed while fighting for us over in Afganastan.

Posted by: T ()
Date: March 18, 2011 03:41PM

so what is going on in the area where she was living now? There is a huge investigation in the wooded area nearby.

Date: March 18, 2011 03:47PM

T Wrote:
> so what is going on in the area where she was
> living now?

I hear that there is a huge investigation in the wooded area nearby.

Date: March 18, 2011 05:30PM

They are searching the woods nearby I hear. And I don't want to presume anything but I'm guessing it has to do with some suspected physical evidence regarding the case.

Date: October 14, 2011 01:05PM

Any update on this? Did the boyfriend do it? Did they ever find the body?

Posted by: HoJo Hotel ()
Date: October 14, 2011 01:57PM

Surprised how quickly this fell off the map. She was due to have the baby in early August. The parents reached out to area hospitals in hopes that she had the baby delivered/etc. She doesn't seem to be the type to be able to pull off a birth "off the grid". I can't believe they don't have enough evidence to convert this from a missing persons to a homicide case yet.

Posted by: Yucky24. ()
Date: October 14, 2011 02:01PM

"Decker is white..."

Uh, no...

She ain't White.

She a spic.

Stop trying to claim you're White you fucking shit skinned 3rd world mongoloid slaves...

Date: October 14, 2011 02:06PM

Yucky24. Wrote:
> "Decker is white..."
>
> Uh, no...
>
> She ain't White.
>
> She a spic.
>
> Stop trying to claim you're White you fucking shit
> skinned 3rd world mongoloid slaves...
Attachments:
facebook thumbs up.jpg

Posted by: 7749242 ()
Date: October 14, 2011 02:26PM

> Yucky24. Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > "Decker is white..."
> >
> > Uh, no...
> >
> > She ain't White.
> >
> > She a spic.
> >
> > Stop trying to claim you're White you fucking
> shit
> > skinned 3rd world mongoloid slaves...

You are misguided... IQ this, statistic that...

Your sweeping, outright hate makes you more deleterious to the human species than any world citizen with the slightest capacity for human compassion.

That's the fact of the matter, brother.

Posted by: Elle ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:05PM

http://centreville.patch.com/articles/four-months-later-gmu-student-still-missing

This all seems pretty shady...They say she was estranged from her husband but they went to Hawaii together shortly before her disappearance. The way her house was left car etc makes me think she was taken and possibly murdered by this boyfriend husband or maybe someone else. I doubt she is alive unless she had a reason to disappear and flee.

Posted by: Elle ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:09PM

"Decker had described her boyfriend's demeanor to family and friends as 'controlling and abusive,' according to investigators in court documents."

Posted by: Mr Insensitive ()
Date: October 14, 2011 03:34PM

Only the worms know for sure and they're not talking...Only eating. *chomp, chomp*

Posted by: ruzmatto ()
Date: October 16, 2011 02:42PM

bethany is hawaiian and white. i hope you die the most awful death imaginable.

Posted by: Women in danger ()
Date: October 16, 2011 03:02PM

You are more likely to be killed while you are pregnant from the babies father then at any other time in your relationship. Sad but true.

I will pray that justice is served.

Date: May 22, 2012 04:55PM

• Police & Fire
Missing Mom's Family Still Searching
With a new detective assigned to the case, Bethany Decker’s mother tries to stay optimistic.
http://centreville.patch.com/articles/bethany-decker-missing-ashburn-mom/media_attachments/edit?upload_started=1337116966

While Mother’s Day provides an opportunity for people to get together and celebrate the moms in their families, this year the day coincided with the 23rd birthday of Bethany Decker, an Ashburn mother who has been missing since Jan. 29, 2011.
Decker’s family set up a Mother’s Day/birthday tribute for the missing woman at the Junction Plaza Giant to remind people that she remains missing and to ask anyone who may have a clue to share it with investigators.
“My expectation for today is to help get out the word,” said Kim Nelson, Bethany’s mother, who directed the following comment to her daughter: “If you hear this, happy birthday and happy Mother’s Day to you.”
The newest detail regarding the case is that Loudoun Sheriff Mike Chapman, who was elected last year, reassigned it to a new investigator.
“We reassign cases to get a new perspective on a case and new eyes,” said Investigator M.F. McCaffrey, who attended the event at Giant. “There are a lot of questions we don’t have answers to and our real focus is finding Bethany. I’m confident that we’ll get to the bottom of it.”
The family appears to be prepared to hear the worst, but holds out hope that Decker remains alive and unable to contact them.
“We are praying that Bethany is alive and well and out there. I hope to see her again,” Nelson said, speculating that perhaps she cannot come forward because of threats against her or her family, or some other reason. “That’s what it has to be. That’s my positive optimism that she is out there. I can’t imagine her not being with us.”
The day Decker was last seen, she had made a trip to Columbia, MD, to visit family and then returned to her apartment. She had taken a trip with her husband and their child a couple of weeks earlier, but the two appear to have been separated at the time. She was living with Ronald Roldan, who investigators have said is the last person known to have seen Decker. Decker, who once lived in Chantilly, was about five months pregnant when she disappeared.
“Our main focus, of course, is finding Bethany,” Nelson said. “If anyone has any information, no matter how insignificant it may seem, it may help the case.”
Investigators have instructed the family not to provide details about Decker’s relationships to the media as they examined leads, leaving a void for critics to cruel. Many comments on stories about the disappearance and on social media sites dedicated to Decker have attacked her character.
“The people that are commenting don’t know Bethany. I really feel sorry for those people who have nothing better to do than judge,” Nelson said. “We want to focus on the positive.”
However, the family has not been able correct false assertions about Decker because of the investigation.
“We don’t want to do anything to hamper the investigation,” she said, explaining that the family has attempted to tune the negativity out. “We stopped watching the news. We had to.”
Instead, Nelson said, Decker’s family has focused on doing what they can to find her.
“We have a very strong faith and it is our faith in God that has gotten us through these challenges,” Nelson said.
Nelson created a Facebook fan page and group with the help of those searching for the man who killed Morgan Harrington and raped a Fairfax City woman. Together they're working to keep Decker's disappearance in the media and in the minds of those who might help find her. They are also trying to keep attention focused a series of missing women in Virginia.
“They reached out to me because they had added Bethany to their map,” Nelson said. “The Harrington family has been absolutely wonderful … knowing what it’s like to be a parent with a child who’s missing and not knowing what happened.”
She said talking to people who have shared such an experience helps.
“When you haven’t connected with those people, it’s very isolating,” she said. “They put their arm around me. There’s a really important connection we have as moms. We don’t want any other moms or families to go through this. What can we do? It’s really important to me to do something.”
Ed Bayles, Decker’s grandfather, said speaking with Help Save the Next Girl was eye-opening.
“A lot of us didn’t realize the prevalence of it,” he said, referring to occurrences of missing women.
But at the Giant on Sunday, the family did their best to make the tribute a celebration of Decker’s birthday and motherhood, complete with a three-layer cake.
“Her favorite color is orange. That’s why there’s orange on the cake,” Evelyn Bayles, Decker’s grandmother said as she handed out fliers to customers.
Besides her mother and grandparents, son Kai Decker, husband Emile Decker, step-father Alex Nelson, brother Robert Littlejohn and step-sister Alyssa Nelson attended the event.
Nelson said Decker had just three more classes to finish before graduating from George Mason University on a global environmental change major, and that she had a 4.0 GPA at Stafford High School.
“She always looked out for people disadvantaged and people in need,” Nelson explained.
Details About the Case:
• Decker has a 2 1/2-year-old son named Kai. She was expected to her deliver her second child last August.
• She was last seen Jan. 29, 2011
• Decker’s family reported her missing Feb. 19, 2011
• She worked at Carrabba’s Italian Grill in Centreville
• She lived in an apartment on Orchard Grass Terrace, where her car was found.
• It is known that Decker did not leave the country.
• There has been no activity on her bank accounts, cell phones or e-mail.
During the three weeks after she was last seen, family members did not report Decker missing, in part, they said, because she is a 21-year-old adult leading her own life, as well as a college student. But on Feb. 19, Bethany’s grandparents decided to check her apartment as they traveled to see their great-grandson. When they found her car, but not her, they contacted authorities.

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:11PM

Yep, there's already a thread on this in the Loudoun County section...

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/36/575918/902250.html#msg-902250

Date: May 22, 2012 05:17PM

Yep, this one was first. Don’t worry, I bumped that one too. :)

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:22PM

so did the husband or boyfriend do it?

Posted by: McGruff - The Crime Dog! ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:28PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> so did the husband or boyfriend do it?

No one's sure yet. She allegedly got pregnant by the boyfriend while the husband was deployed overseas.

Date: May 22, 2012 05:45PM

Boyfriend. He was the last one to see her and has since stopped talking to the cops.

Posted by: Mr. Insensitive ()
Date: May 22, 2012 05:46PM

Such a shame, and she's a hottie too.

Posted by: sadbro ()
Date: June 04, 2012 04:44AM

pretty tragic. I knew her at GMU.

Date: June 04, 2012 09:52AM

sadbro Wrote:
> pretty tragic. I knew her at GMU.

Did you bang her too?

Date: September 18, 2012 05:45PM

Shame this case has gone cold. Thought it would be a pretty easy one to solve.

Posted by: spool ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:13AM

It's pretty sad that there is a tragedy for these people with their loved one and you have the nerve to post things like this. Maybe you would have a little more understanding if it were your loved one in this situation. I pray for you.

Posted by: spools ()
Date: November 27, 2012 08:21AM

Forgot to add that the above statement is to Merv the Perv....you need mental help and I pray you get it!

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: November 27, 2012 10:17AM

@MC - dont think it's gone "cold" in so much as there's simply not enough evidence to convict who did it.

Kinda like the wifey in Fairfax Station - husband did it and got away with it clean, y'know?

Posted by: Burke Resident ()
Date: November 27, 2012 11:14AM

Just heard that the show "Disappeard" on Discovery ID is going to feature this case

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: November 27, 2012 01:14PM

Cui bono ?

Date: December 13, 2012 09:43PM

Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> @MC - dont think it's gone "cold" in so much as
> there's simply not enough evidence to convict who
> did it.

If I had to guess I'd say that sounds about right. Hope the show on Discovery ID helps the case.

Posted by: Tommy ()
Date: February 13, 2013 08:02AM

I pray for Bethany's family that things turn out good. Everytime I see a story like this it breaks my heart. Emile, be strong and dont give up hope. And to her family please try an remain positive. Sometimes theae things workout.

Tt

Posted by: sad anniversary ()
Date: January 28, 2014 07:18AM

Search Goes on Three Years Later for Missing Ashburn Mom Bethany Decker
Last seen in her Ashburn apartment in 2011; her car was found in parking lot.
http://ashburn.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/search-goes-on-three-years-later-for-missing-ashburn-mother-bethany-decker

A sad anniversary will pass Wednesday, Jan. 29, for friends and family of Bethany Anne Decker have for three years sought answers about her disappearance.

The last person known to have seen her was a person identified at the time as her boyfriend. Decker was a mother and college student preparing to move out of the Ashburn apartment she shared with her boyfriend when she disappeared.

The disappearance followed a trip to see family with her husband, from whom she was separated.

Decker had family in Fredericksburg and in Maryland, but not in Ashburn. After growing concerned, her grandparents drove to her apartment on Orchard Grass Terrace on Feb. 19, 2011. Upon finding her car, but no sign of their granddaughter they contacted authorities.

There have been no reported signs of Decker since Jan. 29. Her bank accounts, mobile phones and email have remained inactive. She was registered to continue attending classes at George Mason University, but never showed up. Authorities remain confident she did not leave the country.

Decker remains classified as a missing person.

Anyone with information about Decker or the case is asked to contact Detective S. Schochet at 703-777-0475. Callers wishing to remain anonymous can call Loudoun Crime Solvers at 703-777-1919.
Attachments:
221d541ee28ce9dc19437be1633c1e8a.png

Posted by: mooo ()
Date: January 28, 2014 08:53AM

sad. so is this Ronald Roldan still hanging out in the area? knocking up and killing more married skanks?

Posted by: asdfasdfasfdaf ()
Date: January 28, 2014 09:54AM

It's funny the first picture of her looks very different in the face from the last one (pregnant). It looks like two different women. Did anyone else notice that?

Mother of missing Bethany Decker to boyfriend: Take the polygraph test
Posted by: ***Updated*** ()
Date: January 31, 2014 06:45AM

Mother of missing Bethany Decker to boyfriend: Take the polygraph test
http://wtop.com/41/3551016/Mother-of-missing-Bethany-Decker-to-boyfriend-Take-the-polygraph-test

WASHINGTON - The mother of Bethany Anne Decker, the pregnant Ashburn, Va. woman last seen three years ago Wednesday, prays her daughter and grandchild are safe. But she wants her daughter's boyfriend -- the last person to see her -- to take a lie detector test.

"We pray every day that Bethany is out there and safe and well, and her baby, and we are hoping that somebody will come forward and help us to find them," Kimberly Nelson tells WTOP.

Decker was last seen Jan. 29, 2011 in the Ashburn, Va. apartment she shared with boyfriend Ronald Roldan, despite being married to Emile Decker, who was serving in Afghanistan.

When she disappeared, Decker was 21, the mother of a 1-year-old son and 5 months pregnant.

Nelson says she recently spoke with Loudoun County Sheriff's Office investigators, who had no new developments to share.

"Unfortunately, I do not have any additional news regarding her case," says Nelson.

Decker's car was left behind at her apartment complex on Orchard Grass Terrace. Investigators say a records search shows Decker didn't leave the country, and there has been no activity on her bank accounts, cell phones or email since her disappearance.

"Not hearing anything at all is a test of faith, because it could be good news, and it might not be good news," says Nelson.

Asked what she thinks happened to her daughter, Nelson paused.

"It's a very good question. I pray that she is somewhere and that she is safe. I really, honestly, in my heart, think if she could reach out to us, she would, and tell us she's OK."

'Take the polygraph test'

Despite the passage of time, Loudoun County investigators continue to classify Decker's disappearance as a missing person case.

Decker's husband, Emile, has returned from Afghanistan and lives with the couple's now 4-year-old son.

Nelson says she remains close with Emile Decker and her grandson.

Seeing her grandson without her daughter is bittersweet "because I see so much of Bethany in him."

The sheriff's department has said there is no indication of foul play.

At the time of her disappearance, Decker was living with Ronald Roldan, whom she had met at Carrabba's Italian Grille in Centreville, Va., while she worked there.

According to investigators, it is unclear whose child Decker was carrying when she disappeared.

Bethany Decker had described Roldan's demeanor to family and friends as "controlling and abusive," according to investigators in 2011 court filings.

Investigators searched Roldan's mother's home, with a search warrant, soon after Decker's disappearance.

Roldan initially met with investigators, but eventually stopped answering questions.

Breaking his silence in a 2012 interview with WTOP, Roldan's attorney Andi Geloo said "my client remains hopeful and prays daily that Bethany will come home."

In a 2012 TV program on the Investigation Discovery network, Kim Nelson said she was aware her daughter was dating Roldan, despite being married.

Today, Nelson says she's never met or heard from Roldan, who investigators say saw Decker after she last saw her husband, who was returning to Afghanistan after military leave.

"I would like to hear what happened, I'd like him to join the polygraph list like the rest of us did. If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to worry about," says Nelson.

Told of Nelson's request that Roldan submit to a lie detector, Geloo tells WTOP her client answered all questions addressed to him in 2011.

"He placed his faith and confidence in the Loudoun County Sheriff's Office and 3 years later, he continues to have that faith and continues to pray for Bethany. He is innocent," Geloo says.

Bethany Anne Decker was last seen Jan. 29, 2011
Attachments:
324083.jpg

Re: Mother of missing Bethany Decker to boyfriend: Take the polygraph test
Posted by: No Big Loss ()
Date: January 31, 2014 01:40PM

Pretty awful of the fat little whore to sleep around while her husband was in Afghanistan. While her boyfriend almost certainly killed her, it's no loss to society.

Re: Mother of missing Bethany Decker to boyfriend: Take the polygraph test
Posted by: Louis Theroux ()
Date: January 31, 2014 02:08PM

No Big Loss Wrote:
> Pretty awful of the fat little whore to sleep
> around while her husband was in Afghanistan.
> While her boyfriend almost certainly killed her,
> it's no loss to society.

+1 and she had kids too, heartless whore, no real loss at all.

Dead_Whore_by_sbkMulletMan.png

Posted by: Sherlock Holmes ()
Date: January 31, 2014 02:35PM

Suuny Malhi may have killed her. Let us all meet at the temple this Sunday at 2pm to discuss any details we may have on Sunny Malhi's possible involvement in this crime.

Posted by: RangerRikki ()
Date: January 31, 2014 07:22PM

Oh, dear God, Sherlock, don't give those crazy people an excuse to start another thread.

Posted by: I spy ()
Date: February 01, 2014 03:23AM

Those pictures of her before and while pregnant don't match up.

Posted by: policedontcare ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:16AM

the ffc police don't care about this kind of thing and won't help you. I'm sure there has to be a good man or two, but don't expect your murder to be solved, no matter how obvious it may be. LAZY.

Date: February 01, 2014 08:51AM

If she was cheating on her husband while he was serving in AFG, what's to say she wasn't banging some other nig-nog from Carrabbas?

Posted by: Sonny Drysdale ()
Date: February 01, 2014 08:56AM

OJ did it

Posted by: You so Silly ()
Date: February 01, 2014 11:32AM

policedontcare Wrote:
> the ffc police don't care about this kind of thing
> and won't help you. I'm sure there has to be a
> good man or two, but don't expect your murder to
> be solved, no matter how obvious it may be. LAZY.

Um...you do know this is a LOUDOUN county police investigation?

Posted by: Oblivious ()
Date: February 08, 2014 10:45AM

You so Silly Wrote:
> policedontcare Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the ffc police don't care about this kind of
> thing
> > and won't help you. I'm sure there has to be a
> > good man or two, but don't expect your murder
> to
> > be solved, no matter how obvious it may be.
> LAZY.
>
>
> Um...you do know this is a LOUDOUN county police
> investigation?

Maybe she made the mistake of threatening the cops with a pizza cutter.

Posted by: Just Checked ()
Date: February 08, 2014 09:18PM

Not missing her at all. If she left the names of all the guys she was sleeping with, it'd be easier to figure out who killed her.

Posted by: whore killer ()
Date: May 27, 2014 01:41PM

Another cheatin' whore gets her comeuppance. Good riddance.

Posted by: elana3331 ()
Date: May 27, 2014 03:07PM

That's a stupid comment. A lot of men who killed their wives DO report it. They think it makes them look like less of a suspect. Thank Allah that you are not an investigator.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.