HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Vet Costs
Posted by: dog ()
Date: October 25, 2007 03:52PM

I am adopting a 30 pound dog and am trying to figure out the costs to expect. Can anyone tell me what the average vet visit costs in this area?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Vet Costs
Posted by: Neen ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:01PM

Since most Vets aren't covered by insurance the bills are much less than doctors. Also, shop around, some vets are much less than others. Bills can get large when dogs are due for annual shots, heartworm tests, physical. I think the average might be $200 a year. Well worth it for the love they give. You might also ask the folks who are adopting through for vet recommendations and pricing. Some people like vet insurance and purchase it.

Posted by: A guy ()
Date: October 25, 2007 04:27PM

Not sure what the costs will be, but when u get the dog do yourself and the dog more importantly a huge favor and feed it raw food. In 2.5 years my dog has gone to the vet three times, all for routine check ups. I know its cuz i exercise him and feed him raw. Talk to Adam and Sharon @ www.canineperformancefuels.com/ They will set u up nice

Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:30PM

You will want to use something like Revolution, which is expensive and necessary in this area. http://www.revolution4dogs.com/content.asp?country=USāŒ©=EN&drug=RV&species=CN&sec=000

Stops fleas. Prevents heartworms.

Even the tiniest of pets can be fiercely protective of their owners, but all dogs need our help to protect them from parasites. RevolutionĀ® (selamectin) provides that help. Just a spot once a month provides protection against fleas, heartworms and other parasites. Ask your veterinarian about Revolution.

Posted by: FFX_DVM ()
Date: October 25, 2007 05:59PM

I can help you, because of course as my name says I am an expert in this field. If you come to my clinic in the Fairfax area, you will automatically receive a discount because I said so. I am there M-S, Sunday closed. Come by, I will fix your dog up good. If you are a girl and pretty, suck my dick and I'll take off another $10.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: October 26, 2007 01:40PM

I take my dogs to the vet clinic in Franklin Farms shopping center. Its very expensive, but its like 2 mins away...I also recomend Heritage animal hospital in Sterling, off RT 7. They are great/are way cheaper than others.

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: October 26, 2007 09:11PM

We used to take our pets to the pet hospital on Evergreen St in Annandale, but we noticed whenever we walked in there, the bill would be $400 plus. We then took our pets to Tysons Corner Animal Hospital and Dr. Koch (sp?). She was good, respectful to the animals and to us, and did not inflate the bills. She has our highest recommendation. It is Tyco Rd in Vienna.

Posted by: K-9 ()
Date: October 31, 2007 09:01AM

Pender used to be pretty good...but their prices are now OFF the charts!!!!

There is one in C-Ville near Glory Days we have been told about by quite a few people that say the vet is reasonably priced and does not believe in doing unnesessary test like we experienced at Pender. Although we have not been there yet I think that will be our next stop.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.