HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: HS Football Coaching Jobs @ Robinson & Madison
Posted by: Former Woodson Parent ()
Date: April 22, 2011 07:48AM

No way. Stop drinking the Kool-Aid that was poured by Conner Reiley and Josh Hogan. This past team of seniors that just graduated hated Taylor. Taylor was a winning coach for Two years when he had Reiley and Hogan. That is all. Did nothing every year before and after. So please, stop with the great coach stuff. And he didn't even develop Reiley. The kid came as a junior read to play.

Again, most of the kids new Taylor as a bully and tyrant. Sure, a few (like you guys) liked him. That is great. But many are happy to see him go, and many seniors wish he wouldve left a year earlier.

Another thing about Taylor - forget about him trying to help many kids in their recruiting process. Sure, he'll help the sure fire scholarship kids (Reiley/Hogan), but other kids who just want to play ball at D2 or D3, Taylor has a hard time finding time for them.

Dont believe me? Ask around this year and even last year's seniors and their parents. Go ask James Johnson how much Taylor helped in his recruiting process.

Good riddence. Enjoy, Robinson.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Woodson Parent ()
Date: April 23, 2011 02:35PM

Taylor is a good guy! I wish him the best of luck at Robinson...

So who's next at Woodson? I saw Joe Dishun around last week!

Posted by: another woodson parent ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:21PM

I agree, Coach Taylor was great for the program. First the attacks on Pannioni and now you're attacking Coach Taylor. These select few really give Woodson a bad name when it is a great school to work at.

Posted by: yet another woodson parent ()
Date: April 23, 2011 04:49PM

I have to agree with some of the others above who bad-mouthed Coach Taylor. The man really did not know how to communicate with many players, parents, and other staff members who didnt kiss his a$$. He had his few favorites and the rest he treated like crap. A five foot three bully. Dont get me wrong, the man was organized and very detailed, but it takes compassion and caring to go along with the details. He seemed to lack that. Proof of that was him bolting for another job just a couple months after one of his players passed away. Further proof of that is the numerous amount of former players not named Conner Reiley and Josh Hogan who felt as if Taylor screwed them over while supposedly looking for colleges. Bad mouthing players of his that he did not like to college scouts is not something a coach should do to his players.

Anyway, looks like Joe Dishun is the man now. Good for Woodson. Joe is a good man.

Posted by: steve k2 ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:24PM

Well in all truth, I think any coach would bolt Woodson for the head coaching job at Robinson regardless of who died.

Posted by: .... ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:29PM

Have they made an announcement yet?

Posted by: Bobbo ()
Date: April 23, 2011 06:49PM

I understand leaving for Robinson (although Robinson isnt what it used to be), but if you're going to be the coach who jumps the minute you get a better offer - DONT be the coach who is constantly preaching about loyalty to the school just weeks before leaving. Dont be the coach who threatens players that have spoken about maybe leaving and going to a private school, "youre either in or youre out..." Dont be the coach who talks players out of being multi-sport players in high school.

Taylor was doing all of those things, meanwhile he had a foot out the door. That is the problem with the way Taylor left. Otherwise, many of us parents wouldve wished him well on his way out.

Date: April 23, 2011 07:18PM

From what I've heard Coach Taylor was great and many parents do wish him well on the way out. Ofcourse as students you have to be loyal to the program and what coach doesn't preach that. At the same time however, speaking as a former coach you have to do what's best for your career, and a Robinson is still a top 10 program in the state with many more resources than Woodson to work with. I venture to say any coach in the region not coaching at Chantilly, Westfield or Stone Bridge, would have bolted for Robinson in a heartbeat if given the offer.

Now I haven't heard much about Coach Taylor threatening anyone, I can assure you they don't have anyone that would be playing at an elite private school in the area so that's a mute point.

Posted by: Bobbo ()
Date: April 23, 2011 07:38PM

Some parents did wish him well, but just as many were not happy with the man. For proof of that ask around about the many calls and emails the DSA received over the last couple of weeks. Many of the parents who complained about Taylor after he left made it known that their kids were afraid to say anything because the vindicitve little Napoleon would hammer the kid in ways that a football coach can. The guy is a little fat bully.

Please spare me the "best for his career" nonsense. He's a PE teacher and high school football coach who went from one school, to another down the street. This is Northern Va.

And it shouldnt matter if there were players thinking about going to a non-elite private school or not. The bottom line is he brow beat some players who mentioned they might transfer, meanwhile the lard ass was transfering himself. And he is known for not doing a very good job helping players find colleges. Ask around.

Richard Taylor looks out for himself first. Which is fine, but dont expect the players to put team first, when the coach isnt even doing it. Hypocracy.

Posted by: ... ()
Date: April 23, 2011 09:23PM

*Trey Taylor

Posted by: ...() ()
Date: April 23, 2011 10:38PM

*Trey Taylor = Richard Taylor

Posted by: sam ()
Date: April 26, 2011 04:57PM

Posted by: Yo ()
Date: April 26, 2011 06:40PM

From what I understand, The baseball coach will run the football program as well!

Posted by: Nope ()
Date: April 29, 2011 12:47PM

Trey is a great coach and a better person. With regards to recruiting, coaches send out film to all kinds of colleges. If a school is interested in a kid they will ask about him after seeing the film even if the film is for recruiting another player. This is what they will say: "I like the kid you're selling me on but who is #X? Send more film on him please." if a kid is a college level player colleges will find him. The last thing a college coach wants is a high school coach pushing a kid on them that they don't even have interest in. Secondly, if someone's kid is a college caliber player the coaches will know. A kid and his parents shouldn't get mad that a coach didn't take a bunch of time from their lives, team, job and family to sell a non-college level player to a school that has no interest in them in the first place.

Posted by: Mark ()
Date: April 29, 2011 12:53PM

Trey Taylor is a deuche bag.

Posted by: Hope ()
Date: April 29, 2011 12:57PM

Dont give me that nonsense. Between Divison 2 and 3 programs, there is a school for almost any good high school player who wants to give football a shot in college.

Taylor only cares about himself and any players and parents who are willing to lick his ass. He didnt do squat to help James Johnson find a school and Johnson was talented enough to make Coastal Carolina's squad as a walk-on.

Taylor is a dick.

Posted by: ..... ()
Date: May 05, 2011 02:49PM

I hear the Lake Braddock d. coordinator got the Woodson Head Coaching job. definitely a step in the right direction.

Date: May 05, 2011 10:09PM

I thought they hired the Woodbridge coach, didn't they?

Anyway they should have got Keith from Dematha. South Lakes is one of the few schools that really keeps there coach searches mum until the hire, but it wouldn't suprise me if Keith interviewed there.

Posted by: Woodson AD ()
Date: May 06, 2011 10:52AM

"Taylor only cares about himself and any players and parents who are willing to lick his ass".

Ass licking is a serious charge and doesn't speak well for the WTW community.

Posted by: WHAT ()
Date: May 08, 2011 07:42PM

Thought this was about Robinson and Madison...........who did they pick....now Woodson and South Lakes...........seems no one wants to coach

Posted by: FroshCoach ()
Date: May 10, 2011 09:18AM

They will never pick a frosh coach - even though running a successful frosh program is much more like running the varsity than being an OC or DC is. In the NR, frosh means trash.

Posted by: madson ()
Date: May 30, 2011 03:25PM

Rivera never applied...Is happy at Fairfax and Fairfax is happy with him...

Posted by: 703-4-Life ()
Date: May 30, 2011 03:41PM

pannoni is a steroid pusher

Posted by: blah ()
Date: June 01, 2011 02:56AM

Wooten to HC South Lakes

Dishun to HC Woodson

Posted by: Smash williams ()
Date: June 07, 2011 01:34PM

I think coach Taylor should stay at dillon high. Clear eye, full hearts

Posted by: Jeff Yost ()
Date: June 08, 2011 08:24PM

Coach Taylor is really a good man and coach. Give him a chance in his new job.

Posted by: Bigtime ()
Date: July 22, 2013 12:41PM

Look at all of you now with our dumbass comments about Lenny Schultz.

Posted by: not working out ()
Date: July 22, 2013 04:36PM

Given the budget crisis, Dr. Karen Garza is not going to be able to sustain athletics. Football, if it is to survive, will be on a pay to play basis, with a 10 to 20 percent surcharge to replenish monies depleted by years of fraud and waste.

Pages: Previous123All
Current Page: 3 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.