HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Woodson Student commits suicide...
Posted by: Sandy W. ()
Date: February 23, 2011 11:46AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Woodson Student commits suicide...
Posted by: Susan Canis ()
Date: February 23, 2011 12:36PM

In all of these articles I have never been able to learn why in the world this purchase was an issue or a reason for his being expelled, since it was not illegal until later in Nov. Why?

This is clearly a very sick overreaction by a sick administration which likely caused the ultimate sickness, suicide. This child sounded like a model son and student who apparently did nothing illegal and should not have fallen under the zero tolerance rule. That should be reserved for illegal activity. I hope and pray that this county learns from this tragedy.

Again, does anyone know why he was expelled?

Posted by: Mary ()
Date: February 23, 2011 12:44PM

I have asked around and I was told he was not expelled from FCPS but from Woodson, and he was transfered over to Fairfax but nooone has shared the real reason why and I also want to know if the rules say suspension for 10 days why was he out of school for over 4 weeks. This is just not right. I have never wished a law suit on anyone nor a business or a government agency but I do hope that someone makes FCPS remember what they have done to this family.

Posted by: Johnny Walker ()
Date: February 23, 2011 12:45PM

Things that are not illegal are still against school policy. I agree it was an overreaction but you can take plenty of perfectly legal things to get high, doesn't mean they're safe or it's OK.

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: February 23, 2011 01:14PM

The kid knew the rules, it doesn't matter if the JWH-018 is legal or not. You aren't even allowed to have Tylenol or cold medicine in the school.
That being said, if everybody who ever got in big trouble killed themselves , there wouldn't be a whole lot of people around at all. The kid knew he'd probably get kicked off the football team, get suspended or expelled, and fail all his classes. Thats a lot to deal with. But for him to commit suicide would suggest that there was an unnatural propensity for self destruction to begin with. In a lifetime, we might have to deal with several totally horrible disappointments but most people don't off themselves. If this didn't happen to the kid, it seems likely something else would have eventually set him off.

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: February 23, 2011 01:24PM

All students and their parents sign this document:

http://www.fcps.edu/dss/ips/ssaw/SRNR/2010-11-SRR.pdf

That document contains these words:

>>> "...Use or possession of a controlled substance, marijuana, an imitation
>>> controlled substance, or imitation marijuana while on school property or at
>>> a school-sponsored activity shall result in a ten-day suspension from
>>> school and recommendation for expulsion..."

that pretty much says it all - I do NOT see where there is controversy here. Notice that NONillegal drugs are covered just fine by this rule.

As I've said before - FUCK 'EM - you break this rule, Buh Bye!

Because the OTHER students ARE more important than you being allowed to hang around.

Posted by: WTW '92 alum ()
Date: February 23, 2011 02:09PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All students and their parents sign this
> document:
>
> http://www.fcps.edu/dss/ips/ssaw/SRNR/2010-11-SRR.
> pdf
>
> That document contains these words:
>
> >>> "...Use or possession of a controlled
> substance, marijuana, an imitation
> >>> controlled substance, or imitation marijuana
> while on school property or at
> >>> a school-sponsored activity shall result in a
> ten-day suspension from
> >>> school and recommendation for expulsion..."
>
> that pretty much says it all - I do NOT see where
> there is controversy here. Notice that NONillegal
> drugs are covered just fine by this rule.
>
> As I've said before - FUCK 'EM - you break this
> rule, Buh Bye!
>
> Because the OTHER students ARE more important than
> you being allowed to hang around.

The document says: "10 day suspension from school and "recommendation" for expulsion.", meaning that the mandatory minimum punishment is 10 days suspension and the county has the ability to judge weather or not the infraction is also worthy of expulsion. It seems the county is abusing the power to judge minor offenses as worthy of expulsion. The policy does not state that the student MUST be expelled for an infraction, it just "recommends" it. In passing judgement, it would be better to exhibit a balance of responsibility to the community with a bit of compassion for children (not adults) who tend to make poor decisions as a matter of course due to their youth. The County is seeing things as black and white when they are, in fact, shades of gray.

Date: February 23, 2011 02:24PM

There is no excuse, IMHO, to do anything w.r.t. drugs on campus.

None.

I can't think of ONE reason why it should be even minimally tolerated.

Not one.

Want to do drugs? That's yours and your parents' problem, go right ahead.

But NOT on campus.

The idiots who insist of doing it on campus are stupid and undeserving of any sympathy whatsoever.

Cut the cancer out before it does further harm to the uninfected.

=======

One of the cases being discussed somewhere around here is a classic one of denial - some obviously-troubled kid did something w.r.t. drugs ON CAMPUS, got his ass appropriately expelled, then ends up being found doing drugs at home (parent said he found marijuana (or something) in the kid's room). Then the kid kills himself.

It's all the School Board's fault.

Not.

Date: February 23, 2011 02:48PM

To everyone
You are absolutely right there is not excuse for breaking the rules but come on apply your own policies and give him the 10 day suspension, then investigate and determined what needs to be done to help this kid and make sure he doesnt do this again...

Date: February 23, 2011 02:49PM

.....oh well, we can't help this kid again....he took his life. What a way to help students Woodson HS and FCPS!

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: February 23, 2011 03:13PM

Mary Wrote:
> then
> investigate and determined what needs to be done
> to help this kid and make sure he doesnt do this
> again...

It isn't really the school system's role to "make sure" a student doesn't use drugs. It can offer and recommend programs, but it is an individual's choice whether or not to get into that activity, and having chosen to do it, where to do it. If it is in the school there are consequences to be levied by the school system for the good of the student population. If it is outside the school the parents and the cops will have to deal with it.

If this kid had been caught in a 7-11 parking lot with clearly illegal substances, would you recommend he be expelled from school? Probably not, so why would you argue that offenses they find on school grounds shouldn't be dealt with using the clearly-established policies?

But having said all that, there clearly appears to be room for a fairer hearing process. The student doesn't have to be recommended for expulsion, and clearly shouldn't if it is a first-time offense for a substance that was legal at the time he had it. A dumb decision can be punished with a two-week suspension, an expulsion or transfer is over-reaching.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 03:16PM by justsayin.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: February 23, 2011 06:16PM

Hey shitferbrains. Why did you start another thread on this stiff?

Posted by: agree ()
Date: February 24, 2011 12:38AM

"If this didn't happen to the kid, it seems likely something else would have eventually set him off."

True shit. I was a depressed, emo, cutter, etc person in and out of FCPS bullshit yet I didn't kill myself...as much as I hated school I delt with it, getting bounced around was fun, met a lot of friends so yeah..can't blame the schools, sorry. They suck but they didn't kill the kid. bye.

Posted by: bravo! ()
Date: February 24, 2011 09:09AM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> All students and their parents sign this
> document:
>
> pdf
>
> That document contains these words:
>
> >>> "...Use or possession of a controlled
> substance, marijuana, an imitation
> >>> controlled substance, or imitation marijuana
> while on school property or at
> >>> a school-sponsored activity shall result in a
> ten-day suspension from
> >>> school and recommendation for expulsion..."
>
> that pretty much says it all - I do NOT see where
> there is controversy here. Notice that NONillegal
> drugs are covered just fine by this rule.
>
> As I've said before - FUCK 'EM - you break this
> rule, Buh Bye!
>
> Because the OTHER students ARE more important than
> you being allowed to hang around.

Yes! i don't want my 10th grade daughter in the same class as some doper. Besides, isn't that why FCPS instituted alternative schools? Of course there's always private/Catholic schools the losers can be sent to. Kids need to learn there are CONSEQUENCES to behavior even if their parents don't!

Posted by: Maine ()
Date: February 24, 2011 09:56AM

Your 10th grade daughter is already in classes with "dopers" as you call them, and some of her friends probably smoke pot, and a whole lot of her friends have had some alcohol within the past six months. Go ahead and be in denial but I bet I am right.

bravo! Wrote:
> Parental Opinion Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > All students and their parents sign this
> > document:
> >
> >
>
> > pdf
> >
> > That document contains these words:
> >
> > >>> "...Use or possession of a controlled
> > substance, marijuana, an imitation
> > >>> controlled substance, or imitation
> marijuana
> > while on school property or at
> > >>> a school-sponsored activity shall result in
> a
> > ten-day suspension from
> > >>> school and recommendation for expulsion..."
> >
> > that pretty much says it all - I do NOT see
> where
> > there is controversy here. Notice that
> NONillegal
> > drugs are covered just fine by this rule.
> >
> > As I've said before - FUCK 'EM - you break this
> > rule, Buh Bye!
> >
> > Because the OTHER students ARE more important
> than
> > you being allowed to hang around.
>
>
> Yes! i don't want my 10th grade daughter in the
> same class as some doper. Besides, isn't that why
> FCPS instituted alternative schools? Of course
> there's always private/Catholic schools the losers
> can be sent to. Kids need to learn there are
> CONSEQUENCES to behavior even if their parents
> don't!

Date: February 24, 2011 10:57AM

Maine Wrote:
> Your 10th grade daughter is already in classes
> with "dopers" as you call them...

That's not a problem. That's fine. The dopers-at-this-age are losers, true, but it's okay for them to be in school alongside my kid.

What is NOT okay - and never will be - is those dopers dealing in school.

If they want to deal outside the local shopping center, more power to them!

If they want to deal on school property - get rid of them permanently and don't cry a tear about it.

Personal responsibility w.r.t LIFE is not being discussed by THIS poster - breaking some pretty rigid school rules for no particularly good reason IS.

=========

Having typed all the above I am AGHAST that there are some who are saying government should get involved in setting these losers straight. No thank you - I'll handle parenting of my daughter myself. Government already intrudes WAY too much into my space with their psychological depression testing etc.

Tell the losers the rules. Tell them the penalties for violating those rules. Make it REAL clear since, apparently, many of them are too drug-addled to understand. Then rigidly enforce the penalties.

That works for me.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: February 24, 2011 11:03AM

Attachments:
ivan1.jpg

Posted by: Hey ()
Date: February 24, 2011 03:26PM

Hey parental opinion, don't be so high and mighty. Your 10th grader still has plenty of time to become a doper herself. Hopefully not, but you never know.

Date: February 24, 2011 04:03PM

Hey Wrote:
> Hey parental opinion, don't be so high and mighty.
> Your 10th grader still has plenty of time to
> become a doper herself. Hopefully not, but you
> never know.

High and mighty? Lol!

No.

BTW - you are confused between two posters - my daughter isn't in 10th yet.

And if she becomes a doper, such is life - but I can guarantee she won't do anything dope related on school property and get away with it.

[I'd suggest rereading what =I= have posted about this; my view is "Go ahead and get fucked up on drugs - that's YOUR business. Just don't even THINK of doing so on school property - EVER!".

Do you understand this?

If YOU stupidly want to do drugs, go right ahead! Just follow the very clear school rules about where you CANNOT do that without exposing yourself to MAJOR official sanctions.

Posted by: mojo ()
Date: February 24, 2011 04:10PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> Maine Wrote:

>
> Having typed all the above I am AGHAST that there
> are some who are saying government should get
> involved in setting these losers straight. No
> thank you - I'll handle parenting of my daughter
> myself. Government already intrudes WAY too much
> into my space with their psychological depression
> testing etc.
>
> Tell the losers the rules. Tell them the penalties
> for violating those rules. Make it REAL clear
> since, apparently, many of them are too
> drug-addled to understand. Then rigidly enforce
> the penalties.
>
> That works for me.

What the hell do you think Fairfax County school system is?? It IS government, but with FACISTIC tendencies! Get accused and you are guilty because there is no way to effectively defend yourself and if you even TRY, they will punish you harder for daring to contradict them.

Read through the rule book and you will see that there is not a SINGLE student (including YOURS) who hasn’t broken one or more of them (some are written with so much obscurity, it’s downright idiotic). If your kid never gets caught and never gets PUNISHED, it’s out of sheer, stupid, dumb luck! The same luck is the also the reason why so many bad kids never get caught.

The next time a cop THINKS you went over the speed limit by 1/mph, you should have your car taken from you and be forcefully moved to anther state! Same thing.

Date: February 24, 2011 04:29PM

I believe the problem here is not one of "being accused" but instead of one being "caught with the goods" or "caught in the middle of a deal" or something similar.

There's quite a bit of difference there.

[btw - I purposefully used the term "government" to remind folks that the school system IS part of the government and THIS poster wants them involved in NONschool stuff as little as possible]

Posted by: Ninjaboy ()
Date: February 24, 2011 10:01PM

You guys are Idiots! He was The BMC and got transfered to another school where he was thrown into a major depression because he didnt have friends a person with everything and having it all taken away is the equivlant to a billonaire becoming homeless in NYC. Teenage emotions come into play here as well.

Did you even go to school in the last 5 years. Times started to change in 2005 with the creation and rise of Soical networking and avaiblity to electiroincs and new media.

First off Fairfax County has a major problem with there rules being archaic! I went to Chantilly and Fairfax and I know first hand that they were Making kids who are registared geniuses and are being pursued by colleges to attend school until there 16 because the rules state they are not aloud to take the GED test until then. They think TJ is the answer to a Stanford education.

As far as JWH I dont and have never done drugs or syntheic drugs but its legal depending on the compound and actually is not a drug or tabacco product! So with that said people get a clue he did nothing wrong! In the hand book it is the quivlant of having an asprin on campus ... which is funny since I used to have multiple teachers that would give me advil if I needed it! No body follows that rule!

You should be more worried with your daughters getting knocked up but then again since theres a series on MTV its ok to be a slut and spread your legs for the entire football team ... They dont expell you for that do they? Even when you come to school pregnat (People that say they dont want there kids there because of his influnce) well I dont want your knocked up daughter around my kid either .. How many kids hooked up in the bathrooms at our schools? Then we have kids who bring booze to our proms and get away with that Haha this is pathetic they turn the blind eye when its PC and dont give a sh*t when they have an agenda!

Fairfax is so right winged!
It all comes down to politcics JWH isnt a danger to students health its how they use it. Highschool is nothing like the real world. As far as illegal drugs and sex thats where they should be worried ... Our Sex education still doesnt supply kids with Condoms which is Ironic since we live in a modern soicety where in Fact kids DO FUCK!

U guys need to wake up! We live in a New Age!

Posted by: CigsAndBeer ()
Date: March 03, 2011 10:41PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> There is no excuse, IMHO, to do anything w.r.t.
> drugs on campus.
>
> None.
>
> I can't think of ONE reason why it should be even
> minimally tolerated.
>
> Not one.
>
> Want to do drugs? That's yours and your parents'
> problem, go right ahead.
>
> But NOT on campus.
>
> The idiots who insist of doing it on campus are
> stupid and undeserving of any sympathy
> whatsoever.
>
> Cut the cancer out before it does further harm to
> the uninfected.
>
> =======
>
> One of the cases being discussed somewhere around
> here is a classic one of denial - some
> obviously-troubled kid did something w.r.t. drugs
> ON CAMPUS, got his ass appropriately expelled,
> then ends up being found doing drugs at home
> (parent said he found marijuana (or something) in
> the kid's room). Then the kid kills himself.
>
> It's all the School Board's fault.
>
> Not.

Kids make stupid and naive mistakes, and if you're a mature adult, you should know that as good as anyone else.
Do you honestly believe that it's worth a child's life to give him the maximum punishment for something as petty as this JWH junk.
I agree, this offense should not go unpunished, but along with punishment, the school should offer ways to help this child get out of his hole and exceed in life. Isn't that what schools promote, for you to be the best possible person you can? People that make mistakes should not be condemned for life. I used to do drugs and I changed myself because of the support I had from my parents and peers. The school never did a thing for me and they never would have. Why isn't the school trying to help these kids to the fullest extent?
If he brought in a fully loaded shotgun, then...I'm glad he's gone from this world, but he got in trouble for something similar to that of an advil, in a sense.

"Let me assure you and all the families who send their nearly 175,000 students to our schools every day—our first priority is safety and security for all our students. Consequences, including suspensions and expulsions, are critical in maintaining a safe and secure learning environment for every student."

This is the a portion of FCPS's response to the occurrences such as this one and the suicide that happened in 2009 with the Langley student. This implies that kids seen as a threat to others should face punishment such as suspension and expulsion,and i couldn't agree more with this judgment call. This is another discussion in itself, but I don't agree that this Woodson student put anyone else other than himself in a position to get hurt. Expulsion was over-doing it. My school might as well "expel" our cafeteria workers. They purposefully make us over-cooked fries. In my opinion, they cause more harm to us than this Woodson kid ever could.

I think it's about ready that our State gets tunes-in with the "times" and negotiates their Zero-tolerance policy.
By the way, the FCPS itself does not practice the Zero-Tolerance policy but the state of Virginia does. Ironic isn't it.

Also, I am a highschool student. I am emotionally hurt to know about this. This child could have been me or any of my friends.

One more thing; you may say that it's not the school's fault for his suicide, and I'll agree that it's not entirely the school's fault, but if the school helped to prevent its student's distress from escalating, then this suicide may never have happened. This just show's the our county's negligence when it concerns outcast students.

Very sad...

Date: March 04, 2011 09:25AM

CigsAndBeer Wrote:
> ...I agree, this offense should not go unpunished,
> but along with punishment, the school should offer
> ways to help this child get out of his hole and
> exceed in life...

The punishment was suspension with recommendation for expulsion. This is exactly what all students are forewarned about by the SR&R. Because this particular student (or student's family (note - this is NOT the Woodson student being discussed in this subthread)) decided to appeal that, the suspension was extended during the appeals process exactly as the SR&R said it would be. The end result, of course, was that a simple 10-day suspension became an infinite suspension.

> ...Why isn't the school trying
> to help these kids to the fullest extent?

The school is (and should be) responsible for teaching reading, writing and 'rithmetic and making that relatively safe for students to do; teaching about life and consequences of decisions is a parental thang, not a government thang. I don't WANT it to be a government thang (for specific example, I have (and am) teaching my daughter that drugs are not necessarily a good thing but, IMHO, that drugs should be totally legal and the "drug problem" should be treated strictly as a social problem, not a criminal problem - the government, of course, would NOT handle the "drug problem" that way - no thank you).

If parents don't have the time to handle their kids, then they either (1) shouldn't have kids or (2) get selected against in the gene pool.

> Very sad...

True.

==========

It's kind of silly, but it really has to be CONTINUOUSLY reminded that the misbehavior here was NOT "doing drugs" - it was "doing drugs IN SCHOOL" for whatever you want the verb "doing" to mean.

NONE of this (other than perhaps the final act of suicide itself) would have happened if the kid had simply done his drug stuff elsewhere. After he was appropriately kicked out, of course, he DID do his drug stuff elsewhere.

Posted by: ffcstudent ()
Date: March 04, 2011 10:42PM

to the people who are talking about how drugs should not be tolerated in school and such..
my friend knew this boy. apparently he was not doing drugs on campus. also, what he got expelled for had nothing to do with illegal drugs. he bought a pill OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS that had the same chemicals or ingredients or whatever as K2 (you probably dont know what that is). Its a product marketed as insense that teens use to get high. its extremely harmful and most kids use it because their parents drug test them for things like weed (which is harmless by the way). He got expelled for a bullshit reason. also his mom had als. i can imagine this boy had a lot of stress in his life.

Date: March 05, 2011 04:18PM

Another thing that leads me to believe that schools are negligent towards these kind of students is the fact that they require the entire school to watch a video about how a kid committed suicide due to bullying but not ones about suicides resulting from getting expelled by the school. Why the fuck don't they show what happens to kids after they get expelled for drugs. Does a suicide that results from expulsion not deserve a moment to be seen by all students as a suicide from bullying? If schools actually cared more about their students than their reputation, they would try to make aware to their students what the fuck actually happens from doing drugs, not just that idiotic "It's bad for your body" bullshit.
Woodson, FCPS, and the State are partly responsible for the death of this child. It's time they own up to their mistakes and promote to students that their punishments are unfair. You know, if I heard about this 3-4 years ago, I never would have started drugs. Schools promote the wrong things. They don't want to help students that they feel are "criminals". It's wrong that they dealt this punishment to this Woodson student and several others.

Date: March 05, 2011 04:23PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> CigsAndBeer Wrote:
> -----
> > ...I agree, this offense should not go
> unpunished,
> > but along with punishment, the school should
> offer
> > ways to help this child get out of his hole and
> > exceed in life...
>
> The punishment was suspension with recommendation
> for expulsion. This is exactly what all students
> are forewarned about by the SR&R. Because this
> particular student (or student's family (note -
> this is NOT the Woodson student being discussed in
> this subthread)) decided to appeal that, the
> suspension was extended during the appeals process
> exactly as the SR&R said it would be. The end
> result, of course, was that a simple 10-day
> suspension became an infinite suspension.
>
> > ...Why isn't the school trying
> > to help these kids to the fullest extent?
>
> The school is (and should be) responsible for
> teaching reading, writing and 'rithmetic and
> making that relatively safe for students to do;
> teaching about life and consequences of decisions
> is a parental thang, not a government thang. I
> don't WANT it to be a government thang (for
> specific example, I have (and am) teaching my
> daughter that drugs are not necessarily a good
> thing but, IMHO, that drugs should be totally
> legal and the "drug problem" should be treated
> strictly as a social problem, not a criminal
> problem - the government, of course, would NOT
> handle the "drug problem" that way - no thank
> you).
>
> If parents don't have the time to handle their
> kids, then they either (1) shouldn't have kids or
> (2) get selected against in the gene pool.
>
> > Very sad...
>
> True.
>
> ==========
>
> It's kind of silly, but it really has to be
> CONTINUOUSLY reminded that the misbehavior here
> was NOT "doing drugs" - it was "doing drugs IN
> SCHOOL" for whatever you want the verb "doing" to
> mean.
>
> NONE of this (other than perhaps the final act of
> suicide itself) would have happened if the kid had
> simply done his drug stuff elsewhere. After he was
> appropriately kicked out, of course, he DID do his
> drug stuff elsewhere.

Parents don't control every action of their children. They can't, it's just impossible. Parent's that mean the best for their children still don't have it perfect. Their child can still get into drugs.
And if a school can turn a child's life head over heals due to punishment from drugs, then it should be their job to promote every child's well being, in a way that doesn't involve punishment. Schools lack that. I say this as a highschooler. They honestly do. In my school, drug use is a growing problem. Their actions towards this trend have done nothing except affect the wrong people in a wrong way. This is the truth, yet Dale insists that what they're doing is the right thing. When a single kid commits suicide from a trivial "drug-related" punishment, you know something is very very wrong.

Posted by: TheProfessor ()
Date: March 05, 2011 05:30PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:

> It's kind of silly, but it really has to be
> CONTINUOUSLY reminded that the misbehavior here
> was NOT "doing drugs" - it was "doing drugs IN
> SCHOOL" for whatever you want the verb "doing" to
> mean.
>
> NONE of this (other than perhaps the final act of
> suicide itself) would have happened if the kid had
> simply done his drug stuff elsewhere. After he was
> appropriately kicked out, of course, he DID do his
> drug stuff elsewhere.

I discussed this issue with you directly some time ago, if I recall. You persist in defining an artificial boundary between "in school" behavior, for which you seem to advocate zero tolerance, and "out of school" behavior, for which you claim indifference. Your position seems to be that the student deserved his punishment because he committed his offense IN SCHOOL. Had he not, the logical conclusion to be drawn here is that you don't feel that school, i.e., "government" action is warranted.

FCPS is not as enlightened as you. They don't care where the offense occurred.

I quote from Chapter II, "Rules of Conduct and Disciplinary Procedures", Section A, "Acts for Which Students May Be Disciplined"...

"Students may be disciplined by school officials, to include suspension, expulsion, and exclusion from school and all school-sponsored activities, for prohibited conduct occurring on school property, while engaged in or attending a school-sponsored activity, or which affects students going to or returning from school including on a school bus or at a school bus stop. STUDENTS MAY ALSO BE DISCIPLINED FOR ACTS COMMITTED AWAY FROM SCHOOL PROPERTY AND OUTSIDE SCHOOL HOURS IF THE CONDUCT IS DETRIMENTAL TO THE INTEREST OF THE SCHOOL, ADVERSELY AFFECTS SCHOOL DISCIPLINE, AND/OR RESULTS IN A CRIMINAL CHARGE OR CONVICTION." (Capitalization mine).

"Detrimental to the interest of the school". Could there be a broader brush? Who would be making such a decision? This is about as grotesque an example of intrusive "government thangdom" as there could be. Authority without limitation. Offenses defined as contrary to the "interest" of that authority. The once premier school system in the country has broken down into an Orwellian nightmare of inflated test scores, declining programs, facilities decisions made solely on the basis of their political impact, and extra-legal policing powers.

Are you sure you wish to continue to support this system?

Posted by: then again ()
Date: March 05, 2011 08:35PM

Then again we have a religion, societies and people that glorify suicide ! Coming to your country and school curriculum in the near future. A former Mantua resident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_xoyosKy3w&skipcontrinter=1

Posted by: y suicide ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:04PM

y suicide
y?
i rather get shot be a man and die..
wtf

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:33PM

y suicide Wrote:
> y suicide
> y?
> i rather get shot be a man and die..
> wtf
--------------------------------

not everybody is as "cool" as you, I guess....................

Posted by: shut it ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:37PM

man i guess u r a loser. dam frek!

Date: April 02, 2011 08:42PM

shut it Wrote:
> man i guess u r a loser. dam frek!
----------------------------------------------------

and you, my friend, are such a WINNER!!
Attachments:
Winning-the-internet-He-has-it.jpg

Posted by: werid ooo ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:43PM

Man go somewhere who needs u.. go kill your self!!! B

Date: April 02, 2011 08:52PM

werid ooo Wrote:
> Man go somewhere who needs u.. go kill your
> self!!! B
------------------------------------

sounds like I hurt somebody's feelers :(

next time you wanna clown a suicide victim's page, best beware of a smackback, yo
Attachments:
enhanced-buzz-22546-1298910398-8.jpg

Posted by: all hate u Gordon Blvd ()
Date: April 02, 2011 08:54PM

Shut up who needs your suicide note.
u go to hell. go off the internet or i kill u.

Date: April 02, 2011 08:56PM

Re: Woodson Student commits suicide... new
Date: April 02, 2011 08:54PM

Shut up who needs your suicide note.
u go to hell. go off the internet or i kill u/
------------------------------------------------------------------
wow. How your parents must be proud

LoLz

Date: April 02, 2011 08:59PM

yeah for kicking your ass.

Date: April 02, 2011 09:07PM

all hate u Gordon Blvd Wrote:
> yeah for kicking your ass.
-----------------------------------------
this is great! Keep it coming I've still got a half hour to waste

p.s. if you are truly the "man" you say you want to be, you'll leave this thread alone and face me on the Gordon Blvd thread.

let's see what sort of "man" you are - will you reply on this one, or just come over to "my" thread

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 09:08PM by Gordon Blvd.

Date: April 04, 2011 07:36PM

you are crazy Gordon.
i know wheres your at now.
u r died. I am coming.

Date: April 04, 2011 08:14PM

> you are crazy Gordon.
> i know wheres your at now.
> u r died. I am coming.
-------------------------------------------------

I am coloured in fear.............

about the original thoughts on this post:

you know, it's kinda stupid for you to think the schools have no right to tell students what they can bring on THEIR OWN PROPERTY.

I mean, let's say you dont like guns. Am I allowed to bring one to your house, even if I have a legal permit for it? Just sayin wrote "It isn't really the school system's role to "make sure" a student doesn't use drugs." but it kinda is, if the child is on their property under the influence - they open themselves up to negligence if they dont have rules in place. I'm not saying the zero-tolerance is the best policy in the world. Im just putting out there that it's kind of stupid and prolly a little hypocritical to state that a school system has no right to say what can and cannot be brought on campus. As the school campus is technically property of the school system. Same as Nissan Pavilion (Im not gonna call it that other name LoLz) can make rules about banning tailgating if they want to, even though charcoal grills and steaks are perfectly legal. It's their property and they have the right to do it. A stadium or bar can sale you beer, but if you get drunk and rowdy, they can legally throw you out anytime they want to.

Students have rights, yes. But so does the school system. That's all I'm saying. Sure, it's a public entity, but so is a park. I still cant bring my car into certain places in a public park, even though my car is legal.

Basically, if you want to bring drugs onto campus, DONT BE STUPID AND GET CAUGHT.\

If you get caught, KNOW YOUR RIGHTS and LIMITS TO YOUR RIGHTS, and DEAL WITH THE SITUATION BEST YOU CAN.

I dont know who thought it was a good idea to transfer students around for little stuff (or if indeed he was even transfered for just a "little thing", but I do know that the kid prolly had had MUCH BIGGER ISSUES going on with him than just a school transfer if suicide seemed like a logical answer for him :(

Posted by: sad ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:16PM

sad very sad

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 09, 2012 08:22AM

> you are crazy Gordon.
> i know wheres your at now.
> u r died. I am coming.

English as a second language?

Or just an occasional afterthought?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.