HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Donate Blood
Posted by: bob ()
Date: October 23, 2007 11:37AM

I was just wondering if anyone on this forum donated blood, particularly on a regular basis. It seems more and more people from the FD, and lately PD, have been getting sick or injured and needing blood transfusions. I'm most likely going to go in and donate in the name of one of these firefighters,but like everything else I have heard varying stories on the quality / experience of the different area donor centers (I guess through Inova). Anyone have any experience with the Center on Woodburn Road?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Donate Blood
Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: October 23, 2007 12:03PM

Yes I have donated there both blood and platelets. They are very efficient and the room is comfy and you will be out in an hour if they do not have a lot of people or if they have expanded the questionare. I cannot stress how important it is to keep our blood supply on hand. In fact, many of the donors are firefighters and law enforcement officers. Thanks for doing this.

Trickie

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: October 23, 2007 12:44PM

I applaud you both!

I have never donated blood because I have ABSOLUTELY no tolerance for pain, and I tend to pass out when I see my niece put her earring on; or see a band aide on someone, but I truly admire those of you who do...

Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:41PM

ive heard they need 20,000 donations a day.

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: October 23, 2007 05:06PM

Thanks for the reminder. I am a universal type, so I am apparently in demand ;-)

Woodburn does a fine job. And the snacks are free ;-)

Posted by: bob ()
Date: October 24, 2007 12:34PM

I ended up donating blood at Woodburn, and they did a perfectly fine job. Got in and out as quick as one could want / possible, and as someone else mentioned they are extremely desperate for blood. I'm not sure if needing 20,000 donation units a day is accurate or not; however, it is undoubtebly very high. If you all have free time, which is nearly everyone on this forum, and get bored with the endless arguments you should make a trip down and see if you can donate. Blood transfusions are exceeding the amount of blood available, and who knows one day you may get into a situation where you need blood yourself.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 24, 2007 03:44PM

how about they make some artificial blood?

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: October 26, 2007 12:24AM

im not going to be giving away my blood. however, as a compromise, i will spread the blood of the innocent.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.