HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Day labour...
Posted by: Me ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:42AM

Guess herndon is now the official home of the illegal...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/08/18/AR2005081800050_2.html

Look, I don't care about where anyone comes from. Like everyone else, they need to get a visa/greencard/h-1b or whatever to work here. By taking day labour jobs as an illegal they hurt the legal low income workers and immigrants who want those same jobs. I think the center is a GREAT idea, if they require the labourers to provide some sort of documentation as to being able to legally be here. The center could provide some protection for those people who need it, allow developers to know they are hiring legal services, and reduce the rif-raf quotient.

No, I am not saying we need people to "carry papers" and show them to any official on the corner. Just that this center could be used to provide services above and beyond a 7-11 parking lot, and those services could be freely/cheaply available to anyone with the proper work permits. As is, this just moves the "problem" from one place to another and continues to allow the 7 family houses to exist throughout the neighborhood.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Day labour...
Posted by: Kwitcherbitchin ()
Date: August 18, 2005 11:22AM

I read an article in the paper the other day about real estate agents targeting the "illegals" as home buyers. Our country (unlike some others) allows foreign purchase of realestate. I know this isn't really about the day labor but I was curious about what you think about it?

Personally, I have a problem with the home purchase just for the fact that I am in the process of buying my first home and it is hard to find reasonably priced housing in the area I am looking in. So if "illegals" are purchasing these more affordable properties, I am going to have to start looking above what I can afford right now. Now maybe I am way off base here, but that's just how I feel.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 18, 2005 02:12PM

theyre all over culmore

Posted by: SomeGuy ()
Date: August 18, 2005 03:16PM

I just can't get over them using tax money to do this. In my opinion it's a bad precedent to be using county tax money to support an illegal labor trade. I have no problem if some private foundation wanted to set this up and pay for it, but using tax dollars boggles my mind.

So, how many more illegals do you think will be moving to the Herndon area once they renovate the old police station, and this thing gets set up?

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 18, 2005 03:47PM

all of culmore

Posted by: kingOFgEEEks ()
Date: August 18, 2005 04:31PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> all of culmore

...not true, I know of one person in culmore who has papers. Only one, though.

-"The best way to stay in business is to give your competitor all of the risky contracts" Dr. H Randolph Thomas, CE 432 - Construction Project Control, Penn State University

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 18, 2005 09:03PM

> So, how many more illegals do you think will be
> moving to the Herndon area once they renovate the
> old police station, and this thing gets set up?

Probably no more than would already be there when learning that the old spot was a successful place.

But at least if this turns out to be a disaster other communities can point to Herndon and say "are you crazy, look what happened when they did that THERE."

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 18, 2005 11:26PM

hey, don't knock the day laborers. If the day laborer was a white guy toting a toolbag, I'd use them. They just happen to be hispanic in this area. Can't beat the price and they work their asses off. Being a day laborer doesn't make them illegal.

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 19, 2005 09:21AM

No, but being illegal makes them day laborers.

Posted by: dlee ()
Date: August 19, 2005 12:19PM

The economist Thomas Sowell wrote an interesting piece on this recently.
http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20050816.shtml

Leaving prices out of the picture is probably the source of more fallacies in economics than any other single misconception. At current wages for low-level jobs and current levels of welfare, there are indeed many jobs that Americans will not take.

The fact that immigrants -- and especially illegal immigrants -- will take those jobs is the very reason the wage levels will not rise enough to attract Americans.

This is not rocket science. It is elementary supply and demand. Yet we continue to hear about the "need" for immigrants to do jobs that Americans will not do -- even though these are all jobs that Americans have done for generations before mass illegal immigration became a way of life.

Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 19, 2005 02:28PM

tell it to the general contractors out there who hire truckloads of day laborers because they don't want to pay for "American" skilled labor out of the piles of money they overcharge for even the simplest tasks.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: August 26, 2005 01:58PM

I love bastards that bash the day laborers because they are "illegal"... The real issue to you idiots and the rest of us should be whether or not they are committing crime and offending our neighborhoods by way of misdemeanors and "quality-of-life" offenses. If a person, regardless of whether they are undocumented or not, is offending a community then he should get prosecuted. That is the bottom line. If any of those day laborers breaks the law he should be prosecuted.

Since when is working for a living and trying to provide for their families, who just happened to have gotten the shaft by God when they were born, a fuckin' crime? Sure, bring up the "illegal" argument again and that they don't have any papers... blah, blah, blah... It really isn't their fault like a previous posted wrote, but the contractors that employ them. You want to get rid of the problem of the "day laborer" issue? Go to the source and stop your bitch-ass whinning. Bitchin' about how they are "illegal" is as pointless as trying to bitch about paying taxes, it's fuckin' pointless. I don't have a problem that Herndon is using tax money, after all, they are providing a service to Herndon - they are masking the problem because heaven forbid tourists see these illegals out in the open. Retards I swear.

Posted by: Dirty Sanchez ()
Date: August 26, 2005 08:22PM

Yeah. Like you really are going to buy one of those crappy, run-down shacks and live next to a bunch of Hispanics.

I do have an issue will illegals buying a home just from the standpoint that they are breaking the law by being here, so they shouldn't be rewarded for it. However, they do buy up a lot of crappy properties that would otherwise be abandoned or boarded up. In return, that helps everyone's property values.

As for buying, i would continue renting right now. It is a steal compared to buying and within a year I bet prices are lower.

Date: August 26, 2005 08:24PM

SomeGuy Wrote:
> I just can't get over them using tax money to do
> this. In my opinion it's a bad precedent to be
> using county tax money to support an illegal labor
> trade. I have no problem if some private
> foundation wanted to set this up and pay for it,
> but using tax dollars boggles my mind.
>
> So, how many more illegals do you think will be
> moving to the Herndon area once they renovate the
> old police station, and this thing gets set up?
>
>

You are right. it is much better to have them loitering in front of the 7-11, people's houses, your kid's school...

Dummy.

Date: August 26, 2005 08:27PM

JC Wrote:
> I love bastards that bash the day laborers because
> they are "illegal"... The real issue to you idiots
> and the rest of us should be whether or not they
> are committing crime and offending our
> neighborhoods by way of misdemeanors and
> "quality-of-life" offenses. If a person,
> regardless of whether they are undocumented or
> not, is offending a community then he should get
> prosecuted. That is the bottom line. If any of
> those day laborers breaks the law he should be
> prosecuted.
>

Don't prosecute the illegals. Prosecute the people hiring them. There are tons of FORTUNE 500 retail establishments in the area who hire them. If local DA's had any balls, they would start prosecuting the HR people and managers of these places. Throw a couple of them in jail, along with some of the homebuilders, and there wouldn't be any demand to attract illegals over the border.

It's called cowardice.

Posted by: JC'saBrainDeadIdiot!!!!! ()
Date: March 07, 2011 03:05PM

Duh Uh. Being an undocumented alien IS ILLEGAL, IDIOT (JC and any other promotional commenters on this thread and any other webiste thread on the planet for that matter about ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS in this country!)

Duh Uh. And God has nothing to do about IRRESPONSIBLE PARENTING. People IRRESPONSIBLY BREED children without a care, in an obviously overpopulated world, about their own flesh blood children's future.

What ever happened to 'Get A Job - FIRST' and then have children RESPONSIBLY AND RESPECTFULLY?

An DECENT, RESPECTABLE person would not produce there offspring knowing they will be living the way most of these ILLEGALS are living. Servitude IS SLAVERY in this and any country.

So these indecent, disrespectful parents just do not, simply, give a damn about their own children? and we as US legals and citizens are supposed to be, like totally submissive to the Lemming-like Jack Rabbit mentality of these people?

NO.

Now let's all go to the search mode, this website forum, and type in:

the lamb center

in which is located at 3220 Old Lee Hgwy, Fairfax City, Va., 22030

and learn more about how places like this are actually PROMOTING irresponsible parenting and much more immoral crap going on right here in your back yard.

Drunkin' drug doin' drug dealin' duo's w/children selling food stamp low life scumsuckin' scumbags suckin' the system dry so no decent person can get any help from places like this is being PROMOTED by the individuals in charge of these places.

Kick out the honest, decent homeless and needy, retain the D.d.d.d.d.duo's who refuse to work at nothing but on how to bleed the system even harder for more freeby's provided at the TAXPAYERS $EXPENSE$ while they deal and do more illegal dope and by booze for your kids around the corner at the 7-11 and hard liquor right down the street at the ABC store!

Remember, it's

the lamb center

you SHOULD be really angry about this place!

And the local Attorneys gather to promote the place, of course, at the town/city meeting concerning the possible closure of the place because it's the only way most of them can drum-up any business in the area, cause this

The Lamb Center

draws in the fly's that end up in their Law Offices forking out the illegally gained $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ money to throw in their laps to keep the scum out of the FX jailhouse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So go to the thread as indicated, and learn more about this so-called church-based organization, that uses the donations strategically to promote crime right in your own back yard, is TRUELY all about.

The Drug Dealing Duo's that attend the place like every day regularly, that refuse to do anything more than bleed the system dry! Along with the rest of the criminals that leech the place dry so no decent person can get any help!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: March 07, 2011 03:10PM

The Lamb Center strikes again! It's everywhere!

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: March 07, 2011 03:30PM

JC'saBrainDeadIdiot!!!!! Wrote:
>
> Kick out the honest, decent homeless and needy,

Yes, at 3 PM, so they can post here, right?

> you SHOULD be really angry about this place!

Nope. Just annoyed with you posting about it all the time. We get it, you hate the Lamb Center. You're homeless and you blame the only people trying to help you with keeping you down. Brilliant!

Date: March 07, 2011 04:00PM

NO YOU ARE NOT BRILLIANT, RATHER MORE LIKE A COMPLETE FUCKING DUMBASS.
HE/SHE JUST WANTS TO POINT THE SAME TYPE OF CORRUPTION THAT IS
COMMON AT THE LAMB CENTER AND OTHER DOMESTIC TERRORIST/ RACKETEERING ORGANISATIONS LIKE CASA DE MARYLAND THAT HELP THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
MS13 AND MANY OTHER GANG MEMBERS CHEAT THE AMERICAN TAX PAYERS OUT
OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY AND ESSENTIAL SOCIAL SERVICES.

Posted by: STFU ()
Date: March 07, 2011 04:03PM

More Complete = More Retarded Wrote:
> NO YOU ARE NOT BRILLIANT, RATHER MORE LIKE A
> COMPLETE FUCKING DUMBASS.
> HE/SHE JUST WANTS TO POINT THE SAME TYPE OF
> CORRUPTION THAT IS
> COMMON AT THE LAMB CENTER AND OTHER DOMESTIC
> TERRORIST/ RACKETEERING ORGANISATIONS LIKE CASA DE
> MARYLAND THAT HELP THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
> MS13 AND MANY OTHER GANG MEMBERS CHEAT THE
> AMERICAN TAX PAYERS OUT
> OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY AND ESSENTIAL SOCIAL
> SERVICES.

STFU MOTHERFUCKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: March 07, 2011 04:12PM

More Complete = More Retarded Wrote:
> NO YOU ARE NOT BRILLIANT, RATHER MORE LIKE A
> COMPLETE FUCKING DUMBASS.
> HE/SHE JUST WANTS TO POINT THE SAME TYPE OF
> CORRUPTION THAT IS
> COMMON AT THE LAMB CENTER AND OTHER DOMESTIC
> TERRORIST/ RACKETEERING ORGANISATIONS LIKE CASA DE
> MARYLAND THAT HELP THE ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT
> MS13 AND MANY OTHER GANG MEMBERS CHEAT THE
> AMERICAN TAX PAYERS OUT
> OF THEIR HARD EARNED MONEY AND ESSENTIAL SOCIAL
> SERVICES.

How many accounts do you need?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.