HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Dulles Airport Evacuation
Posted by: rev.stacks ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:51PM

does anyone know why they just evacuated dulles airport?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dulles Airport Evacuation
Posted by: pmn ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:55PM

TSA authorities evacuate the screening section of Dulles
International Airport after a suspicious bag was found.

For more information...
Watch ABC 7 News or log onto http://www.wjla.com

Posted by: pmn ()
Date: October 22, 2007 04:04PM

For some odd reason, I can't pull up WJLA, so here is WTOP

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1275158

Dulles Airport Evacuated
October 22, 2007 - 3:57pm
CHANTILLY, Va. -- A portion of Dulles International Airport has been evacuated due to a suspicious bag.
The upper level was evacuated after a suspicious bag was found in the screening area just after 3 p.m. Monday, a Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority spokesperson tells WTOP.
Airport officials have closed the security checkpoint to passengers. Travelers who have not yet reached the security checkpoint can expect delays.
The incident has not affected air traffic. Planes are still arriving at the airport and passengers are being directed to baggage claim on the lower level.
(Copyright 2007 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)
CHANTILLY, Va. -- A portion of Dulles International Airport has been evacuated due to a suspicious bag.
The upper level was evacuated after a suspicious bag was found in the screening area just after 3 p.m. Monday, a Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority spokesperson tells WTOP.
Airport officials have closed the security checkpoint to passengers. Travelers who have not yet reached the security checkpoint can expect delays.
The incident has not affected air traffic. Planes are still arriving at the airport and passengers are being directed to baggage claim on the lower level.
(Copyright 2007 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 22, 2007 04:12PM

Ahh...Dulles Airport. I remember simpler times.

When I worked there, I had a security badge (everyone did) that probably provided the least amount of access anywhere. But you'd never know it, as I could get practically anywhere I wanted to.....in the baggage sorting area...on the runway.

God I hope they've changed that.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: October 22, 2007 04:50PM

"Shortly after 3 o'clock this afternoon, airports authority police were called to a possible suspicious bag near the area of the TSA security screening area," said Courtney Prebich of the airports authority. "So out an abundance of caution, they went ahead and closed the entire ticketing area, which if you're familiar with Dulles, that's the upper level, that was evacuated while they investigated this package. But at about 4:15, they determined the packaged was safe and allowed everyone back inside."

At about 4:15 p.m., the all clear was given and people were allowed back into the terminal.

All inbound flights were allowed to land during the evacuation, and those passengers were allowed through.

Outbound flights were delayed. Delays are expected to continue Monday evening, Prebich said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 04:55PM by SRE.

Posted by: T. Raveler ()
Date: October 24, 2007 11:42AM

Seems to be a trend. I was evacuated from my gate area in St. Louis last week on the same day a portion of LAX was evacuated. Maybe it's a new "inconvenience the terrorists" strategy.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.