HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Ever Notice Fairlakes Drivers dont stop for pedestrians?
Posted by: ferfux ()
Date: October 22, 2007 01:29PM

So i was cruising around fairlakes Saturday and noticed that Drivers are NOT stopping for pedestrians. Women with kids, Dads wrestling toddlers and loaded shopping carts, the elderly; doesnt matter cuz they ALL were targets of drivers just zooming past. I stopped for people and the drivers behind me actually got mad and HONKED. This aint NYC people. Give walkers a break! Im surprised that there arent more people getting run over cuz of the speed and crased driving practices.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ever Notice Fairlakes Drivers dont stop for pedestrians?
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:29PM

Yup, I have to agree. I saw a guy the other day who almost ran a guy over in a crosswalk.

You must stop and allow pedestrians in crosswalks to cross on roads 35 mph or under.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2007 02:51PM by Lurker..

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:43PM

This is a serious problem.

Many people are not used to driving in the Estados Unidos and in their countries cars seem to have the right of way.

Also, some people sit very low in their seats and their vision is through the steering wheel, while others may have a head cover that obscures peripheral vision.

It's frightening also to think that a good many drivers lack licenses and automobile insurance.

Of course, there are a bunch of people who run the stop signs and red traffic lights.

Thank you for the reminder. We all have to be very vigilant.

Posted by: hellothere ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:59PM

I live halfway between the Fair Lakes and Manassas shopping areas. There is a definite disregard for pedestrians that I see in Fair Lakes that doesn't happen in Manassas. I will drive to Manassas just for that reason. I've often wondered if it's just a little slower pace, southern hospitality or just better manners. It can't be the number of minority shoppers though. That seems to be about the same in both places.

Date: October 22, 2007 03:22PM

nope. I saw white driver, black drivers, old people and middle aged white guys all trying to mow down pedestrians

Posted by: solution ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:41PM

I know how to fix this problem. Get some ak47s, and other guns. Wait on one side of the shopping center with binoculars. Have a friend or two be at the actual crossing. They will transmit a message to you via cellphone/walkie-talkie if a driver doesn't care about the pedestrians. The information will include the race of the driver, and what car/make. Once they come to your end, you start shooting the fuck out of them and kill them. Then rinse, and repeat. If police come, just walk away like nothing happened.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 22, 2007 04:36PM

Lurker. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yup, I have to agree. I saw a guy the other day
> who almost ran a guy over in a crosswalk.
>
> You must stop and allow pedestrians in crosswalks
> to cross on roads 35 mph or under.

Pedestrians who get run over are still stupid. Would you pull onto train tracks without looking both directions? Even if you knew that you had the right of way? No. Gravis, surely you have something to say about people who run out in front of cars...

Posted by: mikumsmukim ()
Date: October 22, 2007 06:51PM

take heed for the horseless carriages of fair lakes. we are a bloodthirsty people devoid of of emotion. blood is our fuel, our fuel is blood.pledge allegiance or die.
Attachments:
a looker.jpg

Date: October 22, 2007 07:29PM

im not saying anyone was running out in front of cars. Im saying people were standing on the sidewalk or trying to to get to their cars crossing the street adn cars just were NOT stopping or slowing down. Pedestrian would be halfway across and drivers in cars would be on top of them before he knew it.

Posted by: xxx ()
Date: October 23, 2007 01:00AM

Has anyone ever noticed the ignorant pedestrians that don't know how to follow pedestrian signals at intersections. You know the ones that think they have the right of way and just step out into oncoming traffic.

Posted by: Joe Gibbs' Left Kidney ()
Date: October 23, 2007 03:13AM

I think it's always best just to let anyone cross who is already in the road, regardless of circumstances.

At worst, you're inconvenienced for a second if you do allow the person to jaywalk.

If you don't, the worst-case scenarios BEGIN at serious injury to the walker and keep climbing to prison time for you. Would anyone really be HAPPY to hit someone who crossed illegally? If so, you should just disregard ALL the traffic laws.

Now, if some fool jaywalks and you don't see them, I mean, what can you do? What I'm saying is if you SEE the person, just let them go. Nothing in this area is worth rushing to get to. That may also be sage advice for the pedestrians. No job, woman or man, substance, or anything else in NOVA is worth risking lives and freedom.

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: October 23, 2007 01:00PM

Yup.. Saw a jogger trying to cross Fair Lakes Pkwy a few days ago. She waited patiently for the "WALK" light...which of course lit up at the same time the traffic light went green..She almost got run over by a driver turning right. The jogger yelled at the driver and she (driver) looked back at the jogger like she was nuts.

It boils down to one huge problem with most drivers: They have no clue about who has the right-of-way in multiple situations. From pedestrians to entering a highway or side street.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2007 01:01PM by trogdor!.

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: October 23, 2007 01:11PM

well if you hit anyone with a car no matter what the situation is...
your fucked.

Posted by: FL DrivR ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:02PM

what are pedestrians?

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: October 23, 2007 02:06PM

speed bumps

Posted by: OUTTA MY WAY ()
Date: October 24, 2007 06:30AM

SO MANY TARGETS SO LITTLE TIME
Attachments:
10266517.jpg

Posted by: Not always ()
Date: October 24, 2007 06:34AM

slinkeyts Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> well if you hit anyone with a car no matter what
> the situation is...
> your fucked.

Thats not true. I know someone who hit and killed someone who jumped out in front of his truck on rt50. No charges, as there was no way he could have stopped in time. Folks get hit there all the time.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.