HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Redskins win
Posted by: hold em ()
Date: October 21, 2007 06:31PM

The Skins reached in through an open window and stole a victory.

While I like the skins their offense was horrible, the defense was great. I cannot understand why opposing teams do not take advantage of the Skins playing five to ten yards off the receivers. Arizona threw a couple of easy passes near the end taking advantage of the huge cushion the skins gave them but then they stopped. A few more passes like those and they could have kicked an easy 20-30 yard field goal.

Am I the only one that sees this? Anyone can also predict the Skins plays before they are run. First down to Portis on a run. Second down handoff to Sellers and third down a pass to Moss or Randle El. They were all over Portis as soon as he got the ball obviously keying on him on the first down.

Gibbs did his usual when up by two touchdowns and tried to do ball control with a predictable offense. Like stated on here before once up you have to pour on the pressure and go for more.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Redskins win
Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: October 21, 2007 11:38PM

The Redskins offense has now passed beyond conservative and has entered into Submissive. The Redskins let the opposing defense dictate the way they play, whereas good offenses make defenses adjust to what they're doing. In a post game interview, Gibbs said he was happy with the way the offense played. Was he at the same game? They somehow always manage to spot the other team a touchdown or two by dopey mistakes, and today was no different.

These dink and dunk passes are a ticking time bomb waiting to be intercepted with a clear shot to the end zone. If our recievers aren't getting open, we need faster, taller or better recievers. There is no excuse for only having 160 yards of total offense, especially against the Cards.

My question is, How badly will the Pats embarrass us next week? If we can keep them from winning by less than 21 it will be a victory of sorts.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:03AM

The Redskins are playing like the Ravens did in 2000 - let the defense score points and just make sure the offense doesn't screw up by handing over the ball.

The Redskins offense plays way too much in the backfield with those tosses, draw plays, reverses, etc. Then when they do throw, it is usually a quick flat or slant route. I wonder how much of this has to do with the injuries on the O-line. I guess if your QB isn't getting adequate protection or if the O-line can't create a crease up the middle, these are the kinds of things you have to do.

The Redskins would have had yesterday's game put away early in the 4th quarter if it weren't for those ridiculous personal foul penalties from Landry and London Fletcher. Nothing like keeping a drive alive by being a bonehead.

Posted by: BR ()
Date: October 22, 2007 11:09AM

The Skins D is definitely fun to watch. They just seem so much more pumped up and into the game than the offense does.

Date: October 22, 2007 09:05PM

I am guessing the spread against NE will be something like 14 points. Brady threw 6 TD passes yesterday. That is the same number as Campbell threw all this year.
The only way for the Redskins to have a chance is for their offense to stay on the field. Otherwise it will be a disaster to watch.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:49PM

The spread is 16, lol. I'd actually bet that if I were in Vegas. NE looks strong.

Over/Under is 48. I'd also bet the over.

Date: October 22, 2007 10:33PM

16 sounds about right but NE does one thing the Skins havent learned yet and that is when you are ahead to pour on the points. If they are up 14 do not expect NE to play Joe Gibbs style football. They will keep scoring until the clock runs out. Taking the over on 48 sounds good to me too.

Posted by: Numbers ()
Date: October 22, 2007 10:55PM

The danger of this weeks game with NE is that if the Skins lose the game by halftime and get blown away by more than 28 points, the Skins players may never recover for the rest of the year.

Posted by: like2eat@theY ()
Date: October 23, 2007 07:21AM

The skins suck

Date: October 23, 2007 10:12AM

The way things have gone this year, expect the Skins to be "in it" until about halfway through the 3rd Quarter. That's when the secondary will start to get tired and Brady will start running up the score. No way the Skins can win if Gibbs can't sustain an offensive drive and give his defense a break, which he apparently can't do right now.

As for ruining the Skins season, I don't think anyone would be surprised if the Skins get blown out by the Pats. What will kill the Skins season is if they lose to the Jets, who have no business winning.

Posted by: gabydamage ()
Date: October 26, 2007 02:29PM

I'm sure I'm not the only person on this forum that's not originally from this area....So I'm gonna go ahead and say GO PATRIOTS GO REDSOX It's a good time to be a New Englander...

Date: October 26, 2007 03:30PM

Go Pats

Fuck the Red Sux

and the deadskins

Date: October 26, 2007 04:34PM

For the Redskins to even be in the game they have to keep their offense on the field. Their defense is good but nobody can keep up the with the offense going three downs and out.
Brady does have a hell of an arm and is very accurate. NE also has Indy ahead and maybe with some luck they might not think about playing the Redskins and be looking past them.

Posted by: SKINS 4 LIFE ()
Date: October 26, 2007 07:02PM

were 4-2 and could either be 6-0 or 5-1/... we doing good, so y not think we cold win this. offense just gotta get on point and stay focused and i bet we cold beat them..

oh and FUCK THE HATERS, Living in the area and hating on the skins is a nono.. wish id see yall talkin all that shit at a bar on sundays. ;)

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 26, 2007 07:49PM

I stopped watching football once I realized how gay it was, not as gay as Gravis tho. Nobody can beat that homo.

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 26, 2007 11:11PM

This is what I predict will happen with Greg Williams' defense. Williams will make heavy use of the Nickel defense. He will put Smoot or somebody with speed on Randy Moss the whole day. The Skins' d-backs probably can't beat Moss, but with man coverage they can bump his route and try to screw up his timing. Williams will utilize Sean Taylor in the zone in the middle. He will use London Fletcher and Landry in multiple blitz packages on Brady because, let's be honest here, the only way to compete with the Pats is to fuck up Brady's timing and force turnovers on New England's end of the field.

Date: October 27, 2007 12:01AM

If the skins drop into the three man rush or prevent defense they can forget about it.
Va Tech used it last night and look what happened to them in the final minutes.

Without pressure on Brady they will have a terrible day. But it all depends on the offense having ball control. They cannot go three and out on this team.

Posted by: gabydamage ()
Date: October 27, 2007 09:48AM

As a Patriot's fan, in all reality, the Skins only chance of winning is if they put 3 men on the line and manage to get pressure on Brady. Blitzing will not work...Brady will eat you alive with the short ball.

Posted by: Former Redskins' Fan ()
Date: October 28, 2007 06:34PM

Note to Dan Snyder:

In light of the Redskins utter collapse before the New England Patriots, I suggest the following steps:

1. Fire Al Saunders. There is no offense, so what are you paying an "offensive coordinator" for?

2. Fire Vinny Cerrato and everyone else in your front office. After 10 years with the team, your front office has demonstrated a knack for trading away future Hall of Famers like Champ Bailey and competent low-pay starters like Ryan Clark for overpaid, ineffective talent like Brandon Lloyd and Adam Archuletta. Your front office sucks. Period. Fire them.

3. Buy out Joe Gibbs's contract and give him an honorary office in the executive suite. Frankly, this is what you should have done in the first place instead of allowing Gibbs to coach a team he doesn't have the energy to deal with effectively.

4. Call Bill Cowher. You know you are going to do it anyway at the end of the season. You might as well do it now.

5. Disassociate yourself with anything to do with the on-field football operations of the Redskins. You are obviously a great marketer who is unafraid to spend money on top-notch talent. But your meddling with the day-to-day operations is killing your team on the field. Put a real GM in charge and spend your time on Six Flags (given the number of accidents at those parks recently, it appears that you should be spending more time there anyway.).

Signed...

A Former Redskins' Fan

Date: October 28, 2007 06:45PM

What a disaster. I never expected the Skins to stick to their usual run, run, pass, punt offense. They also used the old stand by defense of allowing a five to ten yard cushion on receivers. Throw in poor tackling and fumbles and you get what you get.

How predictable was the Skins offense? Two run plays then pass. NE knew exactly what was coming each time. They also took full advantage of the five to ten yards cushions given to their receivers.

Posted by: Redskins Homer ()
Date: October 28, 2007 06:53PM

Aw, fiddlesticks, guys! You just KNOW the only reason the mighty Redskins lost was due to injuries. There can be no other reason. This is a playoff caliber team still! Come on guys, we will still make the playoff with ease!

Goooooooo team!

Signed,
Redskins Homer

Date: October 28, 2007 06:58PM

Aww come on guys. It's only 52-0 in the 4th with the backup quarterback just scoring on a run. We are still good, guys!

Hail to the Redskins. Braves on the warpath!

Signed,

Redskins Homer

Date: October 28, 2007 07:00PM

Hey Meeper,
I bet you never thought the over/under would be covered by just one team.

The Skins need a new coach with new ideas. You cannot play 1980 football in 2007. It will of course involve a three year rebuilding process and perhaps the departure of Little Danny Snyder.

Date: October 28, 2007 07:03PM

See, I told you. We can still do it guys! We just scored a TOUCHDOWN! Now if we can just score 7 more touchdowns and kick about 8 on side kicks. We are stll in this one guys!

Signed,
Redskins Homer

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 28, 2007 07:18PM

> Hey Meeper,
> I bet you never thought the over/under would be covered by just one team.

Haha, never woulda guessed that. I wish I woulda parlayed both bets!

That was FUGLY.

Date: October 28, 2007 07:51PM

hold em Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Meeper,
> I bet you never thought the over/under would be
> covered by just one team.
>
> The Skins need a new coach with new ideas. You
> cannot play 1980 football in 2007. It will of
> course involve a three year rebuilding process and
> perhaps the departure of Little Danny Snyder.

I guess Norv Turner, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier and Joe Gibbs weren't enough "new coaches" for you over the past 8 years?

The problem isn't the coaching. You could stick Bill Belichik in there and have a losing team with Dan Snyder as owner. This is because Dan Snyder undermines his coaches constantly by hiring guys they don't need/want because of their marquee names while trading away guys who are effective but lesser known or who don't kiss Snyder's ass enough.

Dan Snyder needs to realize this isn't some consulting firm where you can surround yourself with a bunch of "yes men" and still keep everyone happy. The incompetence of this team is demonstrated each week for the world to see. The Redskins' "victories" consist of beating an 0-8 team in OT and barely defeating a team with a one-armed quarterback because the Cardinals' kicker missed a field goal he should have made.

It is obvious that Snyder's tinkering with the team has resulted in "favorites" and with jealously within the ranks that is undermining the team's play. This is not a team that goes out to win. This is a team with a bunch of people waiting for their next paycheck.

Date: October 28, 2007 08:54PM

The agreement between Gibbs and Snyder was Gibbs would say who they needed and Snyder would open the checkbook. I have never heard of Snyder forcing players onto the team with Gibbs. Maybe you are aware of something I am not. I think he has some very good players but his play calling is way too predictable.

Norv Turner is a joke, Schottenheimer was like Gibbs playing old school football and Spurrier never had the respect of the team and thought he was still playing college ball. Gibbs was good in years past but the game changes and he has not changed with it. You cannot play predictable football such as run run pass. I watched the so called game and I saw NE keying on the Skins backs on first and second down. They were already making tackles while Portis was just getting the ball. On third down they did pass rushing knowing it was coming.

On defense they continue to play five to ten yards off the receivers. If you do that week in and week out how can opponents not see that and take advantage of it.

Besides that with 20 seconds to go before the half you call a short pass instead of an end zone Hail Mary? Who called that play? Sad.

Date: October 28, 2007 11:15PM

Say what you will about Schottenheimer, I think most Redskins fans would love to see a 14-2 record (like San Diego had last year). As for Spurrier, when he came in with his "Fun and Gun," Snyder couldn't have hired a newer and ballsier coach.

I won't argue with the play calling issue. Frankly, when the Redskins hand the ball to Mike Sellers, he seems to be good for four yards. Why the hell the Redskins keep throwing into the flat on 3rd and 2 - only to get stuffed behind the line - is beyond me, It seems like a perfect situation to use this power running game I keep hearing about.

Date: October 29, 2007 04:11PM

I agree with you there. It was twenty seconds to the end of the half and fourth down. Rather than throw for the end zone they threw an out pass. They are lucky it wasnt picked off. Poor play calling like that I cannot understand. Even NE knew it was supposed to be a hail mary since they put randy moss in the end zone on defense.

The right side of the line is in no shape to do any power running. But if you call the same plays over and over the other team is aware of what is coming. I will never understand the five and ten yard cushions they allow the receivers. One missed tackle and it turns into a twenty yard gain or more. Prevent defense has always sucked and always will. There are only 100 yards on a field so you cannot keep giving up five and ten yards gains without the other guys scoring.

Date: October 30, 2007 07:14AM

The skins suck, they'll lose to the J-E-T-S!! JETS JETS JETS!!

I feel bad for Cooley, he needs to go to a good team.

Date: October 30, 2007 09:26AM

like2eat@theY Wrote:
> The skins suck, they'll lose to the J-E-T-S!!
> JETS JETS JETS!!
>
>
> I feel bad for Cooley, he needs to go to a good
> team.

Umm....I guess you haven't paid much attention to the Jets this season. If the Skins lose that one, they really have no business thinking about being a play-off team.

Date: October 30, 2007 09:29AM

hold em Wrote:
I will never understand the five and ten
> yard cushions they allow the receivers. One missed
> tackle and it turns into a twenty yard gain or
> more. Prevent defense has always sucked and always
> will. There are only 100 yards on a field so you
> cannot keep giving up five and ten yards gains
> without the other guys scoring.

I don't get that either. The only guys who seem to understand that they should prevent the other team from catching the ball are Taylor and Landry. I don't think the Skins will be hurt too much by the loss of Carlos "Let the Receiver Catch the Ball and Run To Me" Rogers.

Date: October 30, 2007 02:56PM

Fairfax MF---er Wrote:
> like2eat@theY Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > The skins suck, they'll lose to the J-E-T-S!!
> > JETS JETS JETS!!
> >
> >
> > I feel bad for Cooley, he needs to go to a good
> > team.
>
> Umm....I guess you haven't paid much attention to
> the Jets this season. If the Skins lose that one,
> they really have no business thinking about being
> a play-off team.

Actually, I have paid attention to the Jets, they suck as well. I just think it would be hilarious if the skins lost to them!

Whoever thinks the skins are a playoff team is an idiot.

THE SKINS SUCK!!!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.