HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
STOP SIGN
Posted by: C ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:12AM

Does any one know the fine for not stoping at a stop sign?

This happened Thursday. I tried to find my name on the court site, but could not. How long does it take for my name to show up?

They told me I could pay online but cant find my name.

Anyone?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: STOP SIGN
Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: October 20, 2007 05:23AM

It will take about a week to show up. My fine was $91 if I chose to pay on line and not go to court. But I am going to go to court.

I stoped at the stop sign. It's just that I didn't stop all the way! This was mym first ticket ever. I was very sad. Now I totally stop my car andeven make my car rock! My court date is Dec. 11. What should I wear to court to make a good presentation for the judge.

Trickie

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 20, 2007 06:20AM

I didn't realize that you were a California girl (making a California stop at a stop sign).

I'd recommend one of the Barbie outfits. The berka one might be okay; otherwise the judge will be distracted by your obvious charms. Also, if you have a Muslim judge, you might even get off. Of course, you could be stoned, also.

Please let us know where and when your court appearance will be. I hope that this date doesn't conflict with the alleged PTA thief's date.

Most seriously: Good luck with this hearing.

Attachments:
CA Girl.jpg

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: October 20, 2007 08:29AM

Tricki Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> I stoped at the stop sign. It's just that I
> didn't stop all the way! This was mym first
> ticket ever. I was very sad. Now I totally stop
> my car andeven make my car rock!

"I stopped at the stop sign your honor, I just didn't stop all the way." Not trying to make fun of you Trickie, but do you realize how silly that sounds? You either stop or you don't stop, just like a light switch is either on or not on. A woman is either pregnant or not pregnant. Some things in life are absolute and there is no middle ground!

It's good that you are now feeling your car rock...that's what is supposed to happen! Sounds like you learned a lesson. When you stop COMPLETELY at stop signs you have not only fulfilled what is legally required of you but you can scan your environment thoroughly before continuing. Yes, this includes looking, left, THEN right and then left again. It's just a smart way to drive.

Depending on where you drive in Fairfax County, there are increasing numbers of immigrants whose primary mode of transportation is walking. They have a tendency to be at any given intersection and at any time of day. You sometimes REALLY need to look out for these people.

Along the same lines, want to take a look at something interesting? Next time you are at a red traffic signal traveling straight, take a look at 1.) the number of cars that actually come to a full "STOP" prior to making a right on red (the number will be very few) and most importantly 2.) take a look at the surprisingly FEW motorists who actually look LEFT, then RIGHT, and then LEFT again prior to making their right turn on red. Most people making right turns on red NEVER think to look to the right prior to maing their turn.

Why is it so important to look to the right? Because you never know if a pedestrian is waiting to cross. If the light for opposing traffic is green while you make a right on red then the pedestrian signal would say "WALK" and a pedestrian might be preparing to enter the crosswalk, I submit that a driver who never looks to the right prior to making a right turn will eventually strike a pedestrian in this county.

Just some food for thought. Just remember, stop really does mean STOP. It's not an acronym for Short Tap On Pedal like many drivers around here tend to believe.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 20, 2007 09:05AM

Mike Well stated and you make excellent points. Especially,

Depending on where you drive in Fairfax County, there are increasing numbers of immigrants whose primary mode of transportation is walking. They have a tendency to be at any given intersection and at any time of day. You sometimes REALLY need to look out for these people.

I see immigrants on Commerce Street in Springfield, crossing at all hours, outside of crosswalks and apparently oblivious to traffic. Usually these people are dressed in black or dark clothing. I have to take extra care in this area.

Another major danger in Fairfax County is the vast number of people that run the red light. There are always two or three cars that cross the intersection after the stop light signals their lane.

Trickie I note your court date, now. You might dress as when you taught. Not sure that today's standards would pass court muster.

Posted by: hold em ()
Date: October 20, 2007 11:12AM

One guy told me they call the mexicans in Fairfax bowling pins because they are always getting knocked down either from getting hit by cars, drunk or fighting. They just cant seem to stay on their feet.

In court dont try crying that never works and dont say you had to go to the bathroom either. The judge has heard all the excuses before. The judge rarely hears the truth and that can make an impression on them. You might get lucky if the cop doesnt show up, you may get it dismissed.

If all else fails take a copy of your driving record to court with you. You can get it online from DMV. Show the judge you have a clean record and offer the record as proof dont just tell him/her you never had a ticket. Tell them you are willing to take a driving school in exchange for the charge being dropped.

Posted by: Tricki ()
Date: October 20, 2007 01:48PM

Thank you so much for all the wonderful advice. I just wanted to make one thing clear. I know that I should come to a complete stop. I usually always do. But I was talking to my son and I guess I was distracted. Also I am not going to court to try to get out of this ticket. I realize that it was against the law and that I was not fully obeying the law. I am sad mainly because I will be ruining my perfect driving record and also spending money whenI could be buying a cute sterling silver bracelet at Macy's or spending it on Gwen Stefani's new perfume. (L.A.M.B.)
I want the experience of going to court just to see how it works. I doubt if I will see that Litsa thief woman because I am going to Fairfax City court. My ticket was issued on Maple St. in Fairfaz City by the 7/11. Yes there are lots of immigrants there but no one was around or on a bike that day.

Perhaps my police officer will not be present but this sheriff who comes to my gym said Fairfax City only has court two days a week and most people pay their tickets on line. If my policeman is there, I will smile at him as I do not bear a grudge at all. I am stil deciding on my outfit. I have this cute black mini with ballerina flats. I wear it with this leopard printtop and amber jewlery. Do you think that's too flashy for court? Perhaps I should aim for the Winona Ryder look when she went for shoplifting - very school marmish and conservative. I will try to dig up thos photos and post them.

You guys are so sweet for giving me all this good advice. I just hate being a scofflaw and I will certainly request my spotless driving record to give the judge. I might even spray some perfume on it as a special touch. Remember how Elle did that with her resume in "Legally Blonde". That impressed those Harvard admittance officers!!!!

Hugs, Trickie

Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: October 20, 2007 02:23PM

C Wrote:
> Does any one know the fine for not stoping at a
> stop sign?
>
> This happened Thursday. I tried to find my name on
> the court site, but could not. How long does it
> take for my name to show up?
>
> They told me I could pay online but cant find my
> name.
>
> Anyone?

I don't know about the fine, but I know in another state I lived in it was a four-point ticket. What is it here?

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 22, 2007 07:38AM

C Wrote:
> Does any one know the fine for not stoping at a
> stop sign?
>
> This happened Thursday. I tried to find my name on
> the court site, but could not. How long does it
> take for my name to show up?
>
> They told me I could pay online but cant find my
> name.
>
> Anyone?

If you are being beaten by a night stick, do you want the beating to slow down, or stop???? HAHA.

Posted by: Joe Gibbs' Left Kidney ()
Date: October 22, 2007 08:05AM

Damn, this conversation is so civil... you guys know this site is for petty bickering and such, right?

Posted by: Joe Gibbs' Left Renal Vein ()
Date: October 22, 2007 09:21AM

Joe Gibbs' Left Kidney Wrote:
> Damn, this conversation is so civil... you guys
> know this site is for petty bickering and such,
> right?

SHUTUP. I keep you alive.

Posted by: Trickie is just another dumb woman ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:32PM

throw the book a this dummy.

Posted by: José Diego ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:58PM

Trickie is just another dumb woman Wrote:
> throw the book a this dummy.

This misogynist is totally wrong. Trickie is a delightful woman, of good nature, and noteworthy native intelligence. She is a thoughtful contributor to the Underground

Obviously, you weren't one of her students and you are the real dummy.
Attachments:
Dummy.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.