HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Come visit Irving and Lauren Russo at Elements Salon of Mclean!
Posted by: Irving and Lauren Russo ()
Date: February 17, 2011 09:55AM

Irving Russo, and his daughter, Lauren, have left Eclips Salon in Mclean and relocated to Irving's new salon in Mclean. The address is 6647 Old Mclean Village Drive Mclean, Va 22101. To call and make an appointment, please call 703-579-5060. Come see all that we have to offer at the first Green Salon in the area!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Come visit Irving and Lauren Russo at Elements Salon of Mclean!
Posted by: Spam for Lunch ()
Date: February 17, 2011 11:06AM

Spammy McSpammerton.

We should show up and sell them Amway.

Posted by: It needs to be said... ()
Date: February 17, 2011 11:35AM

This thread is useless without pics. Of Lauren, not Irving.

Posted by: Snazzy Snaz ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:32PM

Irving and Lauren Russo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Irving Russo, and his daughter, Lauren, have left
> Eclips Salon in Mclean and relocated to Irving's
> new salon in Mclean. The address is 6647 Old
> Mclean Village Drive Mclean, Va 22101. To call and
> make an appointment, please call 703-579-5060.
> Come see all that we have to offer at the first
> Green Salon in the area!

Posted by: ProVallone ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:34PM

I would stop by to watch Lauren fist Irving.

Posted by: Snazzy Snaz ()
Date: March 01, 2011 07:49PM

It needs to be said... Wrote:
> This thread is useless without pics. Of Lauren,
> not Irving.

It seems that the Russo's left their prior salon in a very quick hurry. What is the real story? Especially since they were there for a long time. It seems that a lot of "DRAMA" surrounds both Irving and Lauren. Hopefully the new green salon is mentally stimulating for them. And please, do not post any pictures of them.

Posted by: Chedd-ah ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:12PM

ProVallone Wrote:
> I would stop by to watch Lauren fist Irving.

> I suppose maybe that would be an interesting sight to see! That is a Russo family favorite.

Posted by: Rub an Tug special ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:16PM

Where is the coupon for that?

`
Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: March 01, 2011 08:20PM

``

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/20/2015 09:06PM by WingNut.

Posted by: Rollin in dough. ()
Date: March 02, 2011 03:06PM

Where did the white trash Russo's get money or credit to buy a salon? Pretty sure that nobody would give them money, considering the large amount of debt they are in currently. Snazzy Snaz Wrote:
> Irving and Lauren Russo Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Irving Russo, and his daughter, Lauren, have
> left
> > Eclips Salon in Mclean and relocated to
> Irving's
> > new salon in Mclean. The address is 6647 Old
> > Mclean Village Drive Mclean, Va 22101. To call
> and
> > make an appointment, please call 703-579-5060.
> > Come see all that we have to offer at the first
> > Green Salon in the area!

Posted by: Korinne Jackman ()
Date: March 05, 2011 10:06AM

You people are sick and transparent. I've always known the beauty business is cutthroat, but you take it to an all-time low.

The way Eclips handled everything, from a customer perspective, was unprofessional. I wasn't given a courtesy call to let me know my stylist left. They claimed they did, but I went through my caller ID while I was on the phone with them and there was NOTHING there. Further, they were unable to tell me when my appointment was (which was the reason for my call in the first place) because after Irving and Lauren left the shop they DELETED their appointment calendars. So there I was, in need of a haircut, with NO APPOINTMENT. (BTW, I knew it was for that Saturday, just didn't know the time...and neither did they).

For those of you who would like to ADD drama to the situation, let's clarify: stylists don't give notice and stay for the simple fact that the salons don't want them to have an opportunity to take their clients with them. They give their notice and they leave. That's the nature of the business and it is what I have experienced over and over in the 30+ years I've been going to salons for cuts. This even happens at places like Hair Cuttery. There is no drama...people see opportunities and decide it looks good, sounds like something they'd like to do and move on it. You can't fault someone for wanting to strike out on their own...unless you feel threatened by that action. These posts clearly show that someone feels threatened by this move...why might THAT be??

I am thrilled Irving did this! I've lived in McLean for 12 years and avoided Eclips because I'd heard very mixed reviews...except about Irving. I finally gave it a try. I was very happy with Lauren's treatment of me and I have to say that when my friends all saw what she did with my hair they went wild! I still have the Facebook posts to prove it, too. My hair hasn't looked this good since I was in my mid-twenties. I am still getting compliments!

Irving and Lauren, you will do very well where you are because of the quality service you offer, the individual treatment you give your clients, your professionalism, and the quality products you use and offer for sale! I am SO GLAD I FOUND YOU!!!!

Date: March 05, 2011 02:39PM

Does Lauren provide happy endings?

Posted by: An Honest Person ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:45AM

I can't imagine how they are able to open a business. I've seen the house in Bristow that the Russos walked away from. What was once a lovely home on a nice street is now an abandoned, run-down blight on the neighborhood. If they have the money to open a business I would think it should go to their mortgage obligation first.

Posted by: Desit ()
Date: March 14, 2011 09:52AM

ProVallone Wrote:
> Does Lauren provide happy endings?

A better question is does Irving give happy endings for men.

Posted by: APorIBMom ()
Date: March 16, 2011 07:24AM

Irving Russo was a popular stylist at Eclipse for years, with a loyal clientele. When he left Eclipse recently, his clients were not provided with information on how to find him. When I called to make an appointment just after he left, I was told that Eclipse didn't have any contact information for Irving and the receptionist recommended that I try another stylist at Eclipse instead.

Posting information about Irving Russo's new salon is a public service for the many people who wanted to find him, not spam.

Date: March 16, 2011 07:52AM

APorIBMom Wrote:
> Irving Russo was a popular stylist at Eclipse for
> years, with a loyal clientele. When he left
> Eclipse recently, his clients were not provided
> with information on how to find him. When I
> called to make an appointment just after he left,
> I was told that Eclipse didn't have any contact
> information for Irving and the receptionist
> recommended that I try another stylist at Eclipse
> instead.

Ever consider Irving didn't leave contact information because he wants to get away from you?
oh, I forgot, Irving is the ONLY stylist in the world that can cut your scary hair, you fussy douche.
>
> Posting information about Irving Russo's new salon
> is a public service for the many people who wanted
> to find him, not spam.

Posted by: bad service ()
Date: March 16, 2011 09:04AM

I will never go back to this salon; worst experience ever!

They had me wait for an hour and a half AFTER MY APPOINTMENT TIME which I showed up 10 min early to!

The haircut felt really rushed and sloppy. It was later in the evening and I could sense they wanted to get out of there, but it wasn't my fault I had to wait for so long!

EXPENSIVE.

NOT WORTH IT! AVOID!

Posted by: No complaints ()
Date: March 16, 2011 11:17PM

Irving did my hair for my wedding and he did a wonderful job!!!

Posted by: "Fellow" Stylist ()
Date: March 27, 2011 06:49PM

I agree with you Korinne Jackman. I think that anybody posting the "trash" on here, must be trying to keep clients in their own chair........and anyone with half a brain can see through their tactics. It takes BALLS to step out on your own and I bet most of the stylists in Eclips want to try it but they can't because they're wimpy and scared.

The nature of the business is: you give "notice" then you are asked to leave. They did nothing wrong. Of course Eclips won't give their information......THEY DON'T WANT TO LOSE BUSINESS!!!!!

Posted by: STFU ()
Date: April 12, 2011 05:56PM

The truth about why they are no longer with Eclips is that 80% of the stylists there are horrible selfish people. Irving is a great stylist (and I'm not biased because he doesn't even do my hair) and Lauren is equally talented (again not my stylist). The stylists weren't happy with the fact that Irving-a partial owner- was in the salon every day. While he was on vacation they teamed up and wrote a letter to the other owners saying that if he wasn't fired they would quit. On top of that, when people called to get his new contact information the front desk would not give out any of his information, claiming that they didn't have it. This is completely false because Eclips fired Lauren for giving out his new phone number. Eclips is a sleazy business who doesn't deserve half the cliental they have, or the very few good stylists they have left after this. An example of this would be that a friend of mine had a perm scheduled for the saturday after he left- Eclips called her and cancelled because nobody else there is talented enough to do them!!!! Stop ragging on Lauren and Irving. They have done nothing wrong. They are branching out and starting their own business. If you don't like it then don't go to them-but stop being petty pricks.

Posted by: Old news ()
Date: April 12, 2011 06:08PM

Hair stylist come and go. They never want to work for anyone but they do not understand how to run a business. It is hard to do hair and have employees too.

You will never understand since you all think you know better.

Running any small business is hard. It is harder with a bunch of women who have an attitude. I would rather work with men.

They are not catty and they cut the BS.

Posted by: fatboyx ()
Date: April 12, 2011 06:21PM

Old news Wrote:
>I would rather work with men.
>
> They are not catty and they cut the BS.

I have a relative that is a stylist and she would say you are dead wrong.

Posted by: strates ()
Date: April 13, 2011 03:37AM

Wow. It appears FFXU has been over run by a flock of book-clubbing soccer moms. Didn't know anybody took their barber shop seriously enough to defend it against random internet flaming.

Posted by: One Who Knows ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:10PM

You know nothing. The bank has owned that house since January 2008. The Russo's who invested $120,000 in it gave, it back when Mrs. Russo became totally disabled with Multiple Sclerosis. The bank is who has neglected it. Next time don't judge without all the facts. Better yet, let God do the judging. Last time I checked that's HIS job, not yours.

Posted by: mick ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:26PM

Are they brother and sister?

Date: May 12, 2011 03:29PM

Is this becoming fucking Groupon or something???

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Barb McMasterson ()
Date: May 12, 2011 03:35PM

Do either of them specialize in anal bleaching? I am hoping for an albino spider button before a hot date two saturdays from now.

Date: May 12, 2011 03:39PM

Ever consider that he was railroaded out? Or that his daughters' personal property was stolen as she was fired without cause, over the phone, 30 minutes before her shift started? Or are you one of the 'Railroad Employees'? You must need to act like THIS just to get a customer who will come to you once? No problem it won't take long for them to find that your hands are crap just like your brain. I LOVED what Lauren did on my hair and I've been going to Irving for years. I'm glad I found them despite losers like you trying to sabatoge him. Shame on you. You just suck loser. What did you do apply for a job with them and get turned down? Shame on you.

Date: May 12, 2011 04:11PM

When they told me he retired I laghed in their face! I knew they were lying, I just called to see what they'd say.

Hard to believe it, but yeah, they ly.

They told my friend he moved to SC and opened a salon there!

Jeepers, at least ly the same way each time you morons!

Better yet, brush up on your ten commandments.
Or do you like HOT temperatures?

Oh, wait! YOU are ANOTHER fabulous Railroa employee arent you???...

BTW hope you have another job lined up... you may need it...

Posted by: Durr ()
Date: May 12, 2011 04:41PM

It's spelled "lie", not ly. There is no such word as ly.

Holy crap, how stupid can you be to misspell a simple word such as lie.

Posted by: disgusted ()
Date: May 12, 2011 07:14PM

You are a. pig. How bout we send this to your . She would be SO proud.

Posted by: OWK ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:29PM

That's it?
'That's the best you've got?
Grow up.

YOU are the moron.

You have to denigrate (hey, do a spell check on that will you?)
others to feel special.

And oh, you ARE SOOOOOO special.

Give me a break.

Posted by: John B ()
Date: May 12, 2011 11:40PM

Barb McMasterson Wrote:
> Do either of them specialize in anal bleaching? I
> am hoping for an albino spider button before a hot
> date two saturdays from now.

+1

Date: May 13, 2011 07:28AM

A good anal bleaching with an rectal hair trim would be nice. Do they check for Polyps too?
If Lauren provides a happy ending as well, I'd like to make an appointment.

Date: May 13, 2011 07:30AM

Is the anal bleaching done with one hand or two?

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Posted by: Durr ()
Date: May 13, 2011 11:06AM

How am I the moron? You can't spell a three letter word, that's basic grammar.

This is how you come to conclusions; you fuck up, someone calls you out on it and THEY are the moron. That makes sense. <---this is sarcasm, look it up.

Look, it doesn't make me feel superior, it confirms it. Who the fuck can't spell a simple word such as "lie"? You would have to have the education and mental capacity of a 4th grader not to be able to spell a simple word such as that.

If you can't spell, learn. Better yourself. Don't try to drag the rest of us down because you spent your youth smoking pot and sniffing glue instead of learning basic grammar. Its not that hard to learn to spell three letter words.

There is a minimum that we all must reach in order to be taken seriously when communicating; being able to speak clearly, spell correctly and form a complete sentence. If you can't meet those minimum requirements, don't try to drag the rest of us down to your level of mediocrity. The bar you are setting is low, keeping it that low (falsly) will not serve you better in your life.

Instead of wallowing in your own ignorance, try to keep it to yourself. All you are doing is confirming how dumb you are to everyone else by responding, OWK. Pease repond and show the true depths of your ignorance, please. I would love challenge you to a battle of wits knowing you are not armed.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: May 13, 2011 11:12AM

This thread is starting to go the route of the Zumba thread from about 3 years ago. This is not a spam site. If you want free advertising, go spam 4lulz or City-Data.

The more that you continue to act like a little twerp and set up fake screen names to justify yourself and to sock your business, the worse it's going to get.

Be a bigger person and learn when to shut the fuck up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2011 11:12AM by ITRADE.

Posted by: Someone who really does know ()
Date: May 16, 2011 11:16AM

I worked for Eclips for serveral years. This is the most horrible business ever created. The salon is dirty, and the stylists are petty and nasty bitches. The owner (Diane Fisher) doesn't care about her employees and makes them work 12 hour days just so she can go on lavish vacations. In the past 2 years they have lost 90% of the truely talented hairdressors to other salons simply because of the poor treatment. Also I have to say one thing about Irving. He is not as good as you may think. Unless you are only getting a roller set or a perm he is awful. I saw him let clients leave with the most horrendous haircuts and he would make his assistants do his color applications. If they weren't done in 10 minutes your color was messed up!! People would leave all the time with spots of hair that the color had missed and he would just cover it up while styling!! Don't be fooled by people like him.

Posted by: Korinne ()
Date: May 16, 2011 12:34PM

hahahahaahaha!!! Wow that's some whopper of a lie!!!

You couldn't come up with a better one than that?

Posted by: Someone who really does know ()
Date: May 16, 2011 01:41PM

You can choose to believe whatever you want but I saw it first hand. Considering you are one of his clients I wouldn't want to believe me either. I can only imagine what the mess on top of your head looks like

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.