HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Motorcycle crash on Roberts rd by Walmart
Posted by: Watson ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:31PM

Was trying to get into the Walmart shopping center in Burke today about 4 oclock and the side entrance that goes to Roberts was blocked by two cop cars, a red motorcycle on its side, debris everywhere, and a guy on the ground motionless with some guy in civilian clothes holding his head still. A minute later the red and white brigade was on it. The immediate area got shut down for about 4 hours. I heard the guy he ran into took off on foot. How is this not a thread already? Anyone know if he died? If they caught the guy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Motorcycle crash on Roberts rd by Walmart
Posted by: Stones ()
Date: February 16, 2011 09:33PM

Around 6:30 I was driving up Roberts from the VRE. Where you can turn into Walmart there was a motorcycle down in the middle of the lane opposite mine with a white vehical turning into Walmart stopped in the middle of the road. The motorcycle looked pretty beat up, while the car looked barely touched. Later in the evening around 8 ish I drove by and the road was still blocked. Not a good sign.

Date: February 16, 2011 09:36PM

Meaty.

edit by Cary: Gruesome unrelated motorcycle accident picture removed. If this were an actual picture of the incident, no matter how gruesome, it would have been allowed. But gore for the sake of gore in an otherwise legitimate thread, for the sole purpose to shock and disgust is prohibited.

-----------------------------------------------

"...your suffering will be legendary even in Hell!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/18/2011 10:44AM by Cary.

Posted by: steven ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:14PM

Oh my gosh! How did you get a picture from the accident? Were you there?! I hope he's OK. I'll pray for him and his family.

Posted by: road rage ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:23PM

The force of the motorcycle actually moved the car in that position it was exiting the parking lot to make a left on roberts rd when it was hit. http://burke.patch.com/articles/accident-leaves-motorcyclist-in-life-threatening-condition according to the article nobody fled though. Also, that's not a pic of the motorist, his body was still intact when I saw him he was just unconscious.

Date: February 16, 2011 11:29PM

I don't think that's the pic from this accident unless the the person dressed in civilian clothes was holding his head still nowhere near his body. Also, I'm not sure they would have had a helicopter fly that guy out.

http://burke.patch.com/articles/accident-leaves-motorcyclist-in-life-threatening-condition#photo-4924515

Posted by: fsdlk ()
Date: February 16, 2011 11:30PM

did he died?

Posted by: Watson ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:20AM

thats the last time I trust updates related to me in terrible, awful, sporadic english. ("the guy in the car took off on foot")

this only further highlights the dangers of female driving, and to a lesser extent, crotch-rockets.

and no that picture is absolutely not from todays incident. rather, someone who is weird enough to have a horribly gruesome photo on hand to match any witness account of something is afoot. theyll strike again, for I am certain they are watching this thread closely for references to it; while feverishly masturbating of course.

Posted by: Yikes! ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:31AM

Dibs on the Arai helmet!

Posted by: trogdor! ()
Date: February 17, 2011 12:37AM

Another reason not to ride a motorcycle. There are just too many stupid people driving out there to voluntarily give up the already minimal protection of a car/truck.

Posted by: Rebecca ()
Date: February 17, 2011 09:44PM

I drove by there before the emergency vehicles arrived. What struck me odd was a civilian was helping the motorcyclist, and the cop was sort of just standing around then started directing traffic. Do cops not administer first aid until the medics arrive?

This morning when I drove down the street on the way to work, I noticed there were the paint marks on the road. I thought they only made those for an accident with a fatality. I hope the motorcyclist will be ok. Didn't look like it was his fault.

Posted by: Why take a chance ()
Date: February 17, 2011 10:06PM

Suicide by motorcycle. Why would anyone drive one unless they are unhappy and cannot pull the trigger?

Posted by: sister ()
Date: February 18, 2011 07:35AM

that is my brother. that is my only brother and he is trying to make it through this. please pray for him and my family

Posted by: To the sister ()
Date: February 18, 2011 07:40AM

I am sorry your brother is hurt. If I were you I would not return to this forum if you want to find peace. This is not the place.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: February 18, 2011 07:43AM

sister Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> that is my brother. that is my only brother and he
> is trying to make it through this. please pray for
> him and my family

that's your brother in the picture? Is he okay?

Posted by: yourclassless ()
Date: February 18, 2011 07:59AM

Classy Ralph, real classy..

Posted by: Brother in Law ()
Date: February 18, 2011 09:55AM

That picture is not from the accident that happend Wednesday. Although he was wearing similar gear. There were two people involved. An elderly lady in a White Nissan and my Brother in Law on his bike. He was less than two blocks away from home when the lady pulled out in front of him leaving him no option but to try to dodge her car. Unfortunately he clipped the back driver side of her vehicle causing him to fly off the bike and her to do roughly a 120 degree spin. He was wearing full gear (helmet, gloves, jacket, jeans and boots.) Which is the only reason doctors say he has a chance to live. Although Doctors remain optomistic about his recovery, there is still alot to happen before he is in the clear. Please keep him and the rest of the family in your thoughts prayers.

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 18, 2011 10:00AM

Why take a chance Wrote:
> Suicide by motorcycle. Why would anyone drive one
> unless they are unhappy and cannot pull the
> trigger?

If you haver to ask the question, you wouldn't understand the answer.

Posted by: Ki1ton ()
Date: February 18, 2011 12:45PM

He should have had loud pipes and kept his high beams on.

The cager was likely on the phone, left turning in front of the bike due to inattention.

Posted by: say ()
Date: February 18, 2011 01:32PM

Right or wrong, you lose on a motorsickle.

I used to ride and of course it's great fun, but I concluded it isn't enough fun to make it worth dying for, or worse, ending up paralyzed, or a veggie.

Date: February 18, 2011 02:18PM

Posted by: Gage ()
Date: February 18, 2011 04:20PM

Rebecca,

It's not uncommon for a citizen to be assisting an injured motorist while a cop stands by. As an EMT, and just while driving in my personal vehicle, I've been on the scene of several accidents and did what I could to assist the victim, while the cops did the far more important thing, which was protecting the victim (and me) from being hit by another car, which, given the number of asshats around here who drive and talk/text/eat, etc, is a very real hazard...

Posted by: Laura Woodward ()
Date: April 23, 2014 10:08PM

Hello. That was my 21 year old nephew lying on the road that night. Yes, Curtis is still alive 3+ years since that horrible day when all of our lives changed. I am back on the Patch hoping to get volunteer help for Curtis. My family and I need volunteer drivers to help get Curtis to a fantastic gym in Westminister, Maryland. Any ideas?

Posted by: Good Samaritan ()
Date: April 24, 2014 11:01AM

I'd be willing to lend him my AMF Harley to ride to the gym.

Posted by: Why? ()
Date: April 24, 2014 01:49PM

Laura Woodward Wrote:
> Hello. That was my 21 year old nephew lying on
> the road that night. Yes, Curtis is still alive
> 3+ years since that horrible day when all of our
> lives changed. I am back on the Patch hoping to
> get volunteer help for Curtis. My family and I
> need volunteer drivers to help get Curtis to a
> fantastic gym in Westminister, Maryland. Any
> ideas?

Why are you solicisting funds?

Motorcycles are dangerous.

Posted by: jamesharold ()
Date: April 24, 2014 03:02PM

71yr old hit him. Old people should be tested annually to see if they are fit to drive.

With aging baby boomers still on the road AARP said there is going to be a Silver Tsunami on the roads. In plain speak that means a crapload of accidents because of these oldie-but-goodies still on the road.

Posted by: boomer ()
Date: April 24, 2014 08:54PM

So, young morons running 30-40 mph over the limit while checking their Facebook are safer?

I'd rather take my chances with the old fucks.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.