HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Franklin Middle School
Posted by: schoolsux ()
Date: February 15, 2011 02:57PM

Does anyone remember Mr. Hervey from Franklin middle/intermediate school? I went there back in the mid 90's and I heard that he committed suicide awhile back. I always though he was gay and fucked in the head. At least he didnt rat us out when he would catch us smoking!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Franklin Middle School
Posted by: schoolsux ()
Date: February 16, 2011 03:38PM

Anyone?

Posted by: Windwood Res ()
Date: February 16, 2011 06:22PM

I went to Franklin in 98 and 99, but don't remember him at all. Not sure if he taught at that point.

Posted by: RP ()
Date: October 18, 2014 09:24PM

I randomly thought about Mr. Hervey just now and Googled him, this was the first and only relevant hit unfortunately. I was at Franklin from 97 to 99, and he was my art teacher in 7th grade. I was really into art that year, I often stayed after school with him to work on projects. He was not at Franklin my 8th grade year, so yes, I believe he may have killed himself the summer of 98, this was what I had heard, too. I even recall it having to do with something with his car somehow, like, maybe he turned it on in a closed garage or something?? Either way, it's really tragic. At that age, I wasn't thinking about Googling things, so I never saw a news article or something that confirmed it, it was only word of mouth. So I was hoping to find an article that maybe had more information. I liked him, he seemed like an awesome guy and would never imagine he would go and do that. But that can be said about all suicide victims I think... you just never know.

Posted by: WilliamRobert ()
Date: October 19, 2014 07:33AM

I too was at Franklin from 97-99. I believe he was my teacher for those wheel classes or whatever they were. The one where you would change classes every quarter. He was pretty cool about the smoking, never turned me in either. So what HS did you guys end up at? I went to oakton but was at Franklin for
Both years. Most people who went to oakton ended
Up at Carson when it opened up.

Posted by: RP ()
Date: October 20, 2014 07:03PM

Ah yes, Franklin kids either went to Chantilly or Oakton. I went to Chantilly. Yep, and 98 was the first year of Carson Middle, which split the kids up at Franklin, and I think Stone Middle as well. Anyone else have any info about Hervey?

Posted by: WilliamRobert ()
Date: October 21, 2014 03:58PM

Not to hijack the thread, but remember Mr. Shah and Mr. Bickford (maybe Pickford)? We always used to joke that the three of them had gay sex together. Ah the good ole days!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.