HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FFX Connector Bus Barricade on RT1
Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 17, 2007 05:35PM

Man on a FFX connector bus has Rt 1 closed.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/14362250/detail.html?dl=mainclick

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FFX Connector Bus Barricade on RT1
Posted by: joe ()
Date: October 17, 2007 06:54PM

At least it wasn't one of the new FFX Connector busses.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2007 06:55PM by joe.

Posted by: Lurker. ()
Date: October 18, 2007 02:33PM

Damn this guy looks erie!

Homicide Suspect Arrested;
Police Resolve Barricade Situation Peacefully
Police arrested Kevin Charles Kline, 18, of 12790 Cara Drive in Woodbridge and charged him with murder.

The incident began on Wednesday, October 17 with a four hour stand off in the Hybla Valley area which ended peacefully. The calls began around 2:42 p.m. for an unknown situation and report of the sound of possible gun shots in Huntley Meadows Park at 3701 Lockheed Boulevard. Witnesses reported seeing a suspicious man run from the park and board a Fairfax County Connector bus. Police stopped the bus on the south end of Fordson Road near Richmond Highway. The man on the bus was armed with a gun and refused to exit. All passengers and the driver exited the bus safely. Richmond Highway was shut down in both directions.

Almost simultaneously, police, searching Huntley Meadows Park, found a deceased adult woman with trauma to the upper body. Investigators were able to link the suspect on the bus, to the apparent murder in the park.

After extensive negotiations, the suspect exited the bus and surrendered peacefully to Fairfax County SWAT officers.

Kline was transported to the Fairfax County Adult Detention Center. The victim’s identity is being withheld pending notification of next of kin. An autopsy is scheduled later today.
Attachments:
kevinekline.jpg

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: October 18, 2007 08:39PM

i wonder if he could have picked a better spot to hold up a bus at. Like maybe right AT the intersection with the military base.

They should have brought out an Abrams and just blown up the bus.

Posted by: Dirty Jersey ()
Date: October 18, 2007 11:12PM

I heard he got naked on the bus, any truth to that?

Posted by: someoneinva ()
Date: October 19, 2007 07:22PM

here's the link for the most recent information on this subject.
http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/1007/465394.html

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: October 19, 2007 08:29PM

This guy was just convicted of assault and sentenced to five years in jail. The judge let him out pending an appeal. Unheard of in the court system since the guy was a proven threat and the bond was equally unheard of 15,000.
It was a total joke that he was even out of jail then he goes and kills some old lady he didnt even know.
I wish Fairfax swat had taken him out. Too late now.

Posted by: Swift Justice ()
Date: October 19, 2007 08:38PM

His lawyer should be debarred for being a moron. In today's Post, he claims that Kline is such a "nice person to know." My thoughts and prayers are for the victim, who died unnecessarily. That judge should be kicked off the bench!

Posted by: xtrememom ()
Date: October 20, 2007 09:10PM

Dirty Jersey Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I heard he got naked on the bus, any truth to
> that?

Yeppers he sure did my neighbor had front row seats inside Ruby Tuesday.

Really sad how screwed up our justice system is he is obviously a screwed up person, he took the life of a innocent elderly woman who was doing what she did most days go to the park and read a book.

My sons school got locked down because of this and he was finally brought home at almost 8 pm starved and exhausted, poor little guy.

The Police should have ended it somehow instead of causing such a traffic drama and trauma to elementary students who wanted to go home to their parents but couldnt and we couldnt get to them.

I have dealt with the Court System in FFX Co and they arent any better, they let my adult son dick around for months with his court orders and then he jumped bond that we got stuck with and they have issued several warrants for his arrest, but because he is west of the mississippi they wont get him even though he has been arrested 4 times in Kansas on similiar charges and got booted out of the army for mental illness, The Court System helps no-one only the Judges and Attorneys by lining their poclets with $$$

I hope that Kline gets what is coming to him, but doubt it will happen

Date: October 20, 2007 09:56PM

Like I said, should have just shot the bus with an M1 Abrams tank.

Posted by: . ()
Date: October 20, 2007 10:15PM

xtrememom Wrote:
>
> The Police should have ended it somehow instead of
> causing such a traffic drama and trauma to
> elementary students who wanted to go home to their
> parents but couldnt and we couldnt get to them.

Yes, let's blame the police for finding a peaceful resolution to the incident. I swear, you people are amazing. It's so fashionable nowadays to blame the police for being allegedly "trigger happy" all the time and shooting criminals but when they have time on their side and are able devise a plan to end it peacefully it's all about the inconvenience to YOU! Which way do you want it?

Wonder what the headlines and the outcry would have been if they just would have stormed the bus and shot him to death? At least someone on here would be labeling them "jack-booted thugs" or would have called them the "judge, jury and executioner."

Do you really think it would have been a good idea to let school buses full of kids roam the area with a lunatic murderer who was armed on the loose? He already shot one person, think he would hesitate to shoot at a police officer or a civilian? Can you imagine the repercussions if they hadn't locked down the school and the nut somehow made his way to your child?

The police can't ever win can they?

Wow...

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: October 22, 2007 12:29PM

Well said...

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 22, 2007 01:08PM

The sad thing is that this sick person murdered an 80-year old woman and may have raped her (afterwards). I think that the details are yet to be reported.

In any event, we will spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on this pervert to prove his guilt and to place him in prison. It is too bad that he wasn't killed, although I think the police acted prudently to protect the public.

Of course, while in prison he will find Jesus, write a book, and get an early release because he has become a good citizen...

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: October 22, 2007 02:08PM

Don't get your panties in a bunch. We said in this case the police could of shot the guy or used an Abrams tank to blow up the bus.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 22, 2007 03:01PM

Jester Wrote:
> Don't get your panties in a bunch. We said in
> this case the police could of shot the guy or used
> an Abrams tank to blow up the bus.

But, alas, they didn't. And we will pay.

Date: October 23, 2007 02:50PM

Well realistically, acutally, the cost of getting an abrams down the road from Ft Belvoir a mile or so, plus the cost of the shell it fires, could cost a few thousand as well. Tanks are similar to helicopters in terms of cost to operate per hour. Esp. the abrams due to its engine design (gas turbine- high maintenence)

BUt i still think they should have used one. Would have been cool.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.