HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FU VA Power!!!
Posted by: FU VA Power!!! ()
Date: February 13, 2011 08:02AM

Virginia Power might not be as bad as Pepco, but they are coming real close. During the storm, they couldn't give estimates of restoral times, and then slapped me with a $450 electric bill. WTH? Its not like I have twenty illegals living in my small single family house.

The best is their "customer service", or lack thereof. They actually have a "High Bill Department" that doesn't do shit, but listen to your complaints, and say sorry. Maybe these are Lamb Center folks working this line, because what's the point of having a "High Bill Dept" if they don't do shit?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FU VA Power!!!
Posted by: guido ()
Date: February 13, 2011 08:27AM

FU VA Power!!! Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Virginia Power might not be as bad as Pepco, but
> they are coming real close. During the storm, they
> couldn't give estimates of restoral times, and
> then slapped me with a $450 electric bill. WTH?
> Its not like I have twenty illegals living in my
> small single family house.
>
> The best is their "customer service", or lack
> thereof. They actually have a "High Bill
> Department" that doesn't do shit, but listen to
> your complaints, and say sorry. Maybe these are
> Lamb Center folks working this line, because
> what's the point of having a "High Bill Dept" if
> they don't do shit?

so how does that compare to past winter (Dec.,Jan, Feb.) bills?
Seems high for a "small" single family house.

Posted by: Robin Hood ()
Date: February 13, 2011 08:43AM

Is this bill current, does not include a balance from the previous month(s)?

Posted by: power user ()
Date: February 13, 2011 11:27AM

FU VA Power!!! Wrote:
> Virginia Power might not be as bad as Pepco, but
> they are coming real close. During the storm, they
> couldn't give estimates of restoral times, and
> then slapped me with a $450 electric bill. WTH?
> Its not like I have twenty illegals living in my
> small single family house.
>
> The best is their "customer service", or lack
> thereof. They actually have a "High Bill
> Department" that doesn't do shit, but listen to
> your complaints, and say sorry. Maybe these are
> Lamb Center folks working this line, because
> what's the point of having a "High Bill Dept" if
> they don't do shit?

Dominion Virgina power is one of the worlds finest power providers. The power I purchace from them is a bargin at twice the price. Here in Virginia we enjoy electric rates that are below the national average. You might want to start reading your meter every few days if you are concerned about your bill. I have a neighbor who had a element in his hot water heater ground out. This caused his bill to double. Dominion VA power was nice enough to credit his account somewhat just to help him out even though the higher bill was no fault of Va power.
I spent six weeks in Russia in the early 90's, the power went out almost every day there for hours sometimes. I really appreciate the outstanding power grid that we enjoy in this country.

Posted by: Original poster ()
Date: February 13, 2011 03:14PM

Robin-its just Jan unfortunately. ;(

As for power user, what is your affiliation with Virginia Power? Stocks? They are doing quite well. Employee?

As for Russia, of course Virginia Power is better, although it is still a state "overseen" enterprise, that operates much like how "companies" used to work in the former or current, whatever prism Soviet Union aka Russia you see through. Yeah, I've been there, and you are right, their power is sporadic, which is why I wouldn't ride their "lifts." However, VA Power is sorry to bust your bubble, not one of the best power providers in the country, per industry reviews. Also, if you'd like to pay double, how about taking care of everyone's bill on Fairfax Underground?? :)

Date: February 13, 2011 04:17PM

Next time you see or speak to a Dominion Virginia power employee dont forget to say thanks for your outstanding service and low rates.
Attachments:
map.bmp

Posted by: Wow ()
Date: February 14, 2011 06:35AM

Still a whole lotta states with lower rates-even MD home of the "dreaded Pepco" lol. So how long have you been working for the monopoly er company? And this probably doesn't reflect the recent increase either.

Posted by: Pay your bill ()
Date: February 14, 2011 07:19AM

We have great service here in Va. You get what you pay for. Just be glad you do not live in MD. Your power will be out for days and you still get billed for the days you do not have power.

Posted by: Duh! ()
Date: February 14, 2011 09:39AM

Pay your bill Wrote:
> We have great service here in Va. You get what you
> pay for. Just be glad you do not live in MD. Your
> power will be out for days and you still get
> billed for the days you do not have power.

Nice try. If the power is out, you're not getting billed for it. How can they bill you for power you're not using?

Posted by: It is true ()
Date: February 14, 2011 10:22AM

Pepco will charge you a fee even when you have no power. I saw it on the news. Pepco said they need to do that to make up for lost revenue and for better service.

Posted by: hcxjk ()
Date: February 14, 2011 11:00AM

Duh! Wrote:
> Nice try. If the power is out, you're not getting
> billed for it. How can they bill you for power
> you're not using?

They raise the rates on the power you did use to make up for the money they would have made on the power you weren't able to use...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/02/AR2011020206207.html

Date: February 14, 2011 09:00PM

Original poster Wrote:
> Robin-its just Jan unfortunately. ;(
>
> As for power user, what is your affiliation with
> Virginia Power? Stocks? They are doing quite well.
> Employee?
>
> As for Russia, of course Virginia Power is better,
> although it is still a state "overseen"
> enterprise, that operates much like how
> "companies" used to work in the former or current,
> whatever prism Soviet Union aka Russia you see
> through. Yeah, I've been there, and you are right,
> their power is sporadic, which is why I wouldn't
> ride their "lifts." However, VA Power is sorry to
> bust your bubble, not one of the best power
> providers in the country, per industry reviews.
> Also, if you'd like to pay double, how about
> taking care of everyone's bill on Fairfax
> Underground?? :)

support this
or

STFU

Posted by: The Original Poster ()
Date: February 15, 2011 07:39AM

It seems power user doesn't like my exposing of Virginia Power's b.s.,so he/she/it has resorted to being an "internet tough guy." Wow, that takes talent.

Support this or STFU. Interesting, as you still haven't discussed what your affiliation is with the monopoly of Dominion Power, or its parent company Dominion Resources. You have refused to discuss their stocks, which are high, nor if you have any of them. Then you provide a map, that shows Virginia Power(prior to the recent increase I'm guessing) as lower than some other states.(Okay Novec and some other small companies "control" in Virginia as well, although at a smaller scale). Yet your map shows that Virginia's rates are higher than many others, with primarily the Northeast being higher, due to the fact that these are "tax heavy states".

You decline to talk about Russia vs US electrical power, well I've been to both, and the U.S.'s is obviously better. That would include Virginia Power, although the little wind storm yesterday knocked out our power again for three hours. So why are you so afraid of a debate on the issues instead of crying like a bitch with the ol "STFU or support us". If you mean support Virginia Power, and its monopoly, well you can kiss my ass. Let's stick to the issues, and discuss why its wrong in Virginia, unlike the former Soviet Union, to basically have a state run enterprise.

"The only way an empire can be conquered is from within." State run utilities=fmr Soviet Union.

Posted by: Richard Pryor ()
Date: February 15, 2011 11:33AM

I've been reading this with keen intrest, as my rates went up from last year.(Same usage roughly, but the increase is noticeable). The Original Poster is correct, as I did verify that the rates were increased, as were donations to politicians in the Virginia Assembly of both political parties. There's no coincidence in the increase of funding to elected officials by Virginia Power, nor the fact that their rates were raised.

As for the "original poster", I agree with their calling Power User a internet tough guy. Here's my impression of power user-
Attachments:
baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Posted by: Reamed ()
Date: February 15, 2011 04:41PM

Yep,got reamed as well. Just lettin' you know you aren't alone.

Posted by: EU9Mb ()
Date: February 15, 2011 06:03PM

the power company is control by the state corp commision. I had a problem and the call them for me. they fix the situation. check for the number in the back of the bill

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.