HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Hey douchebag! Clean your windshield!
Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: February 11, 2011 07:44AM

I've got a little hint for drivers in this area. If you have to roll down your window and lean out of it in order to see and negotiate the road in front of you, you need to scrape the frost off your windshield. Windshield washer fluid isn't de-icing fluid. Get your ass up two minutes earlier and scrape the frost from your windshield BEFORE you endanger the rest of the fucking world with your stupidity because you can't see more than two feet in front of your face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The three enemies of the people are hegemony, monogamy, and monotony."-Terence McKenna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2011 07:45AM by Teh King.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hey douchebag! Clean your windshield!
Posted by: Robin Hood ()
Date: February 11, 2011 09:08AM

Did something happen to you, a close call car accident, being tied up in traffic due to the driver's stupidity of not cleaning his/her windshield or what?

Posted by: Teh King ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:09AM

Robin Hood Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Did something happen to you, a close call car
> accident, being tied up in traffic due to the
> driver's stupidity of not cleaning his/her
> windshield or what?

Yeah, today I had the joy of being stuck behind three different drivers whose ability to drive safely was impaired by their inability to see through the front windshield. The last guy was actually leaning out of his side window to get a forward view because his windshield was was so obscured with frost. He couldn't even see a traffic light turn green. How can he see them turn red?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The three enemies of the people are hegemony, monogamy, and monotony."-Terence McKenna

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:17AM

One more behavior that should be ticketed if seen by a police officer, which I think they could ticket you for since your view is obstructed.

Snow helmets is another one that should come with hefty fines and jail time.

Posted by: just me ()
Date: February 11, 2011 10:21AM

Like you said get up a few minutes early and warm up the car before leaving. I let my car warm up each day before leaving the house and my windows show no sign of frost after a little warm up and scraping.

Posted by: Seeker ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:37AM

I started using Prestone Ice & Frost Shield if I need to leave me car outside overnight and it works pretty well on a morning like today and helps make removing snow and ice easier if there is some light accumulation. Run your wipers a few times with washer fluid and the windshield is almost clear. A can costs about $4 at Auto Zone.

http://www.prestone.com/company/news/article/514?popup=1

Posted by: lets sleep in ()
Date: February 11, 2011 11:05PM

I was me.....i like to sleep as late as possible, and dont have time to clear my windshield. plus, it makes my hand cold, and I dont have a scraper. so, i leave the house and hang my head out the window until the defroster does its job. sorry but i dont want to get my male manucure messed up

Posted by: dezzy ()
Date: February 12, 2011 01:19AM

u had it until male manicure..

Posted by: T ()
Date: February 12, 2011 10:30PM

I was me.....i like to sleep as late as possible, and dont have time to clear my windshield. plus, it makes my hand cold, and I dont have a scraper. so, i leave the house and hang my head out the window until the defroster does its job. sorry..."

One of the funiest posts I hve seen in a very long time

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.