HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
I know this is a Fairfax Board, but this is too good not to share!
Posted by: E. Leet ()
Date: August 17, 2005 10:44AM

http://dockets.alexandriava.gov/cmo/pressrel6.nsf/3cd28784527d97b8852567ae0067ded8/ef626d611c8e18a28525705f001b348e?OpenDocument

ALEXANDRIA POLICE DEPARTMENT
Public Information Office
2003 Mill Road
Alexandria, Virginia 22314

NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AUGUST 16, 2005
1:00 A.M.

Alexandria Police Investigate an Alleged Barricade Situation

Yesterday afternoon, at approximately 12:38 p.m., a woman called the Alexandria Police Emergency Communications Center to report that a woman she knew, living in the 500 block of South Columbus Street, was distraught, armed with a handgun and possibly suicidal. Police were dispatched to the residence and a perimeter was immediately set up. Members of the Special Operations and Hostage Negotiations Teams were also dispatched to the scene and tactical plans were developed.

Evacuations in the area began for safety reasons and temporary emergency shelters were established by the City’s Emergency Management Team.

Attempts to negotiate with the woman continued throughout the afternoon and into the late evening hours to no avail. This morning, at 12:30 a.m., nearly 12 hours after the operation began, members of the Special Operations Team deployed tear gas and entered the home. The residence was thoroughly searched however, the home was vacant. The police operation was immediately dismantled and units returned to service. Police will conduct a follow up investigation.

For further information, please contact the Public Information Office at 703.838.4636.
(end)

This was going on near my house when I got home from work Monday night. The Alexandria Police had cordoned off a two block radius around the scene which included my house. I had to "ask permission" and display my driver's license before they would let me enter my own house.

The best part was around 7 pm one of the boys in blue had the brainchild to evacuate everyone in the surrounding houses. We were told they were setting up emergency shelters for us to stay overnight or until the incident was over. Knowing better, I grabbed my wife and drove to the Border books in Seven Corners where we stayed until closing around 10. We got back to our house at 10:30, were able to walk past a female officer without being stopped or questioned, and walked right into our house. By use of an air purifier turned on high, we were able to sleep through the idiot negotiator hollering on a bullhorn.

I was amazed there was no coverage on tv news or local newspapers the next day. What a cluster fuck for the Alexandria PD!!!!! I guess they did not want to broadcast their keystone cop escapades for all to see!

I just wish I had snapped some digital shots of at least the Elite members of the Special Operations Team who were deployed on the scene. They looked snazzy in their riot gear!

I had flash backs from the end of the Blues Brothers... Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut! Hut!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I know this is a Fairfax Board, but this is too good not to share!
Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 17, 2005 12:10PM

what kinda guns did they have

Posted by: E. Leet ()
Date: August 17, 2005 02:31PM

The Special Ops Team guys I saw were carrying what looked like modified AR-15s with scopes. Did not get a good look at their side arms, but assume they were either Sigs or Glocks.

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 17, 2005 03:37PM

damn thats pretty badass

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 05, 2007 04:46PM

E. Leet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Special Ops Team guys I saw were carrying what
> looked like modified AR-15s with scopes. Did not
> get a good look at their side arms, but assume
> they were either Sigs or Glocks.

Lots of government people have been using the Barretta 92FS as a sidearm. THe guns the swat peopel had probably were M4 carbines if you think they looked like AR-15s. For those of you not in the know, the Ar-15 is the M16. The M4 carbine is a shorter, lighter version of the M16. A lot of swat teams have been using MP5s, but that looks nothing like an AR15.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: January 05, 2007 10:57PM

Prolly looked like this though it might have been colt or bushmaster,

http://www.rockriverarms.com/item-detail.cfm?ID=GOVT1001&storeid=1ℑ=gov07.gif&CFID=31717636&CFTOKEN=66226343

That is the official DEA one.

just a short ar-15 with some fancy optics, lights and handles on it. The gov version is probably fully auto but that is the only difference. Sidearm most likely a glock or sig chambered for a 40 cal.

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: January 05, 2007 11:03PM

I don't think they make the full auto anymore, just 3 shot burst. I may be mistaken. Easy way to tell if the sidearm is a glock or sig is if it has an exposed hammer, it's the sig, if not, it's a glock.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2007 11:08PM by mad max, JD.

Posted by: Tomahawk ()
Date: January 07, 2007 01:27PM

ANyone remember the photo of a NYC SWAT cop standing around with his M4 trying to look all badass, until someone pointed out that the scope on his carbine was installed backwards...

Posted by: wanusmaximus ()
Date: January 07, 2007 02:43PM

Fairfax County Police carries either the Sig 226 or the 229. FFX SWAT is known to use the HK MP5 as seen in the Culosi incident. It is highly probably that they carry the m4 in full auto as well. Innovative Tactical Solutions in Herndon sells full auto to LEO. (http://www.innovativetactical.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=2_25&products_id=174)

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: January 07, 2007 03:03PM

the army uses 3 shot burst m16A2 but marines use full auto M4A1. Does that say anything about the army? I think most swats use full auto

"might have been a colt or bushmaster"

Colt is who makes the ar-15/m16. They call teh M4 carbine the "Colt Commando"

Posted by: Enough already ()
Date: August 30, 2020 11:26AM

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.