HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Selling an older Camari
Posted by: Grunt ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:34PM

I am selling a 1986 camaro. I will describe the car below but I am having difficulty finding a place to sell it. Its not exactly the type of car you can take to carmax expecting more then kbb value of $600. Is there any other place you can get your moneys worth on the car besides ebay??? Between my wife and I we have 3 cars and parking is next to impossible. I have tried selling an older legacy (still available) on Ebay and got bunch of deadbids or no shows.... I know the car is worth the money I just cant find the right buyer. I am not aggresively trying to sell the car but would like to if I came across a good offer.Any help would be much appreciated.

1986 Camaro Z28*****

-305 High Output Tuned Port Injected Motor ( Rebuild 2000 miles ago with headers)

700r4 Automatic with shift kit and B&M ( new 2000 miles ago)

3.73 Richmond Posi Unit

Front and rear cross drilled and slotted disk brakes with new hoses and master cylinder (1000 miles since new)

Torque Thrust II rims with expensive tires.

All decals and outisde panels have been shaved,filled and painted.

Paint Job is PERFECT, no scratches or dings at all.

Interior is clean, never smoked inside. Very Clean

Brand New Inspection this month

Brand new Emissions this month.

Oil Change every 2500 miles,done this month

Replaced speakers and head unit.

The car look, sounds and drives amazing.

Never any accidents or damage history, Clean history.

Tune up , allighnment, recharged AC this, new K&N filter was done this month

I am the second owner , the car has original 85000 miles.

The only issue the car has is the headliner is sagging but I will replace it with the new OEM before sold.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Selling an older Camari
Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:35PM

put it on ebay?

Date: October 12, 2007 01:38PM

No not Ebay.Very bad experience.

Posted by: Kiev ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:39PM

how much were you looking to get for it?

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: October 12, 2007 01:39PM

oh.. damn... i thought he had some camari :(

Date: October 12, 2007 01:57PM

Kiev,
its hard to appraise the car at this age. Mechanically its a 21 year old car with completely rebuild drivertrain with receipts. Everything on the car mechanically has less then 2000 miles. I will accept any good offers.
I guess I am just going to have to find a buyer who was just as obsessed with this car as I was and doesnt care to spend some money buying it.

Posted by: Boots and Shorts ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:01PM

Put it in the paper or put it on craigslist, you schmuck

Date: October 12, 2007 02:16PM

I am based out of Quantico, isnt there any muscle car dealership around there? It seems that car shows are very common in Manassas.

Posted by: How? ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:34PM

How do you hope to sell a car when you can't even say how much you estimate it to be worth? You may feel that it is worth a lot more than anyone else, seeing as how it is your car...

Posted by: joe d. ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:42PM

Grunt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am based out of Quantico, isnt there any muscle
> car dealership around there? It seems that car
> shows are very common in Manassas.

There is a dealership in FFX. that I see a few muscle cars there when I drive by.

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 12, 2007 02:43PM

Are you fucking kidding? I love Camaros
Attachments:
10_unser.jpg
Bell87.jpg
12_earnhardt.jpg

Date: October 12, 2007 02:44PM

Its hard because I bought the car for $5000 from a Manassas dealership with 50000 miles. I completely rebuid the car and it looks show quality. I have seen the same car with more miles in worse shape then mine going for $7500 on Craigslist. Like I said I will take offers and accept the best one . I baby the car and its in climtae controlle storage, lifted up 6 inches. I just want the car gone before the snow .....

Date: October 12, 2007 02:48PM

I forgot to mention, I got black outs on both front and back lights that are removable and a professional tint job(% below the state limit) but I never had any problems driving around, I can peel it if the buyer wants it with clear windows. The car also has a yellow top battery.
What dealership in Fairfax are you talking about? the only one that I know of is Farrish Subaru, I bought an 06 legacy there. They had a few 02 trans ams and cobras sitting around but thats it

Date: October 12, 2007 02:54PM

The car shaved and painted EXACTLY like this one except different rims and blackouts all the way around on four lights
Attachments:
660540_158.jpg
660540_179_full.jpg
rims.jpg

Posted by: mariokart ()
Date: October 12, 2007 03:38PM

In seriousness, I think if I had a Camaro I would be really happy with it. But I have no cash, and brought a new vehicle in 06, which I regret. If I could do ti all over again, I'd probably find an older vehicle, like a Thunderbird, Trans Am, Avenger, or even Camaro if it was in good condition like you say yours is.

Date: October 12, 2007 03:40PM

You know to be honest with you I regret buying a new vehicle too. I drove off the lot without spending a dime and now having ridiculous $580 payment a month. Having no car payment is the greatest thing

Posted by: MBF ()
Date: October 12, 2007 04:28PM

Take it to the Burger King in Manassas on Saturday (through October). There's usually show cars of all types; take it there and put a "For Sale" sign in the window. Here's a cut-and-paste I took from the internet about it.

Cruise Night Manassas, VA - Rt. 234 Bypass/Rt. 28 - Burger King at 10991 Nokesville Rd every Saturday night from March through October (weather permitting) from around 4 to 11 pm. Sponsored by the Bull Run Street Rods. Street Rods, ProStreet, Cobras, Muscle Cars and Street Machines.

On a separate note, the Fairfax dealership that I've seen personally w/old muscle cars is the one on the corner of Main Street and Burke Station Road in Fairfax City, but I'm not sure if they are specific about which muscle cars they buy/sell. They mostly have newer luxury cars and the muscle cars I've seen were 60s-70s...

Posted by: ffxn8v ()
Date: October 12, 2007 05:11PM

Try Coopers Corvettes - they will even consign it for a fee.

I had an 89 GTA 5.7L that I sold about 3 yrs ago.

Nobody wanted to give me over $5,000 for it until one day I had two fellas ask me the same weekend - I sold it for $10,000 and the car had 138,000 miles on it.

My car was original, garage kept and correct. A true, no BS car. when you modify, you risk finding someone who appreciates what you have done.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: October 12, 2007 05:26PM

Where's the best place to have fresh, deep fried calamari?
Attachments:
Calamari.jpg

Posted by: joe ()
Date: October 12, 2007 10:04PM

I'd give you $900 for it, but I don't know if my parents will let me get a car. Insurance is really expensive, and my grades aren't good enough for the good grade discount.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: October 12, 2007 10:29PM

Grunt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot to mention, I got black outs on both
> front and back lights that are removable and a
> professional tint job(% below the state limit) but
> I never had any problems driving around, I can
> peel it if the buyer wants it with clear windows.
> The car also has a yellow top battery.
> What dealership in Fairfax are you talking about?
> the only one that I know of is Farrish Subaru, I
> bought an 06 legacy there. They had a few 02 trans
> ams and cobras sitting around but thats it

The dealer he's talking about in Fairfax is Fairfax Motors. It's at Main St (Rt. 236) and Burke Station Rd.

They seem to handle only high-end cars and musclecars....their website says something about consignments.

http://www.fairfaxmotors.com/

Date: October 13, 2007 02:05PM

I think I went by that place a few times, the overpriced dealershir and city cops on every corner, yea I know the place.
Joe, I can sell you my buddies car thats just a shell for $900

Posted by: hmm ()
Date: October 13, 2007 02:23PM

Drive it up to Carlisle PA on the weekend they are showcasing vettes and GMs. Put a for sale sign on it with your phone number.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.