HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Events & Adventures
Posted by: FFX_Marty ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:30AM

This is the singles club advertising on the radio lately. Has anyone used them? Or know how much it costs? Seems like a scam to me.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Events & Adventures
Posted by: W3 ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:42AM

If you wanna get laid, just use Craigslist.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: January 28, 2011 11:50AM

W3 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If you wanna get laid, just use Craigslist.

or match.com

Posted by: Complaints ()
Date: January 28, 2011 05:56PM

They are the worst. Pay too much and they don't provide what they market. Avoid.

Posted by: Trashy ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:39PM

My sister-in-law tried this with a friend. Bunch of skeevy 40-year-olds. You're better off spending your money on eHarmony

Posted by: highrise2 ()
Date: February 02, 2011 05:32PM

I was a member of Events and Adventures for a few months and decided that it was not what I was interested in. They have a lot of events, but you really need to know someone else to feel comfortable going to the activities. The age difference is vast. You can have 20 somethings at events with 50 somethings and it all gets a little phony after a while. It definitely isn't a dating event so unless you're looking to just get out and do things with a group, don't expect to meet up with anyone and be ready to start a lot of conversations with people that you don't really want to talk to.

Having said all of that, be prepared to pay a lot of money to join and be a part of all of this. You go through an interview and a background check and after all of that you're allowed to join. Its not cheap, atleast $2000 a year, with part of that being an initiation fee. The interviewer compared it to joining a health club, but I get a lot more out of going to the gym than I did from this group. However, if you decide that you want to quit, that's not allowed. I was told that you either have to die, get married or move atleast 100 miles away. And if you don't pay, they'll sic the collections people on you.

So stay away from this group, they are not worth it at all. If you want to do something similar to this, try Things To Do in DC, http://www.thingstododc.com/. Its free !!

Posted by: Radiophile ()
Date: February 03, 2011 06:54AM

meetup.com find a volunteer do gooder group called Random Acts of Kindness. Check out there other meetups. They seem to be chick heavy.

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: February 03, 2011 07:35AM

Radiophile Wrote:
> meetup.com find a volunteer do gooder group called
> Random Acts of Kindness. Check out there other
> meetups. They seem to be chick heavy.

A friend of mine goes to things like that and says it's an absolute goldmine of vulnerable and gullible liberal chickies who like to hand out the gash to dudes who aren't super pussified.

Nothing really extraordinary looking according to his reports, but the number ratio and willingness is supposed to be remarkable.

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: Chloe ()
Date: February 07, 2011 04:57AM

I am a member and love it. I was a member in Seattle club of Events and Adventures. Then, was transferred with my job to Phoenix. I contacted the company and they were happy to transfer my club membership. I think it is not so much a dating club as it is just a bunch of new and few people to do exciting things with. If you are looking for your soul mate - you might find them by joining. Apparently, one of the company founders actually met his wife thru an events sponsored by EventsandAdventures.com.

Read my review here: http://socialclubs.yelp.com

Or visit the website depending on what city you are in. www.lotsofevents.com

Posted by: ERICA ImCallingOUt Highrise2 ()
Date: February 07, 2011 05:22AM

Let me set the record straight regarding what this person wrote. First, I don't know what club this person is talking about but I actually know some people in the Washington DC club and have been invited to a couple of events by two different friends. The functions and activities are really well planned and lots of fun. No one acts ugly or hates on the event or company that I witnessed. It seemed that everyone was having a great time. And, I do not think I saw anyone in their early 20s so I can't really say what ages the club consists. What I can tell you is if you can afford to join you should check it out. Everything you hear bad about this company is either about money or about the interview process and they must have been refused membership because no one complains about the events once they join. Back to the reply for this particular review..About the only true statement I see in Highrise2 reply is that it is not a 'dating' club. That is true and the company states the same in its YouTube videos. The club is limited to singles only as is something of a social club or an adventures and activities type membership. I suggest it is something of a country club type membership. Again, I only went as a guest of a member and am not a member myself so I can only tell you the gatherings and activities are high quality as are the members in the DC club.

Check out the company website: http://www.lotsofevents.com

highrise2 Wrote:
> I was a member of Events and Adventures for a few
> months and decided that it was not what I was
> interested in. They have a lot of events, but you
> really need to know someone else to feel
> comfortable going to the activities. The age
> difference is vast. You can have 20 somethings at
> events with 50 somethings and it all gets a little
> phony after a while. It definitely isn't a dating
> event so unless you're looking to just get out and
> do things with a group, don't expect to meet up
> with anyone and be ready to start a lot of
> conversations with people that you don't really
> want to talk to.
>
> Having said all of that, be prepared to pay a lot
> of money to join and be a part of all of this.
> You go through an interview and a background check
> and after all of that you're allowed to join. Its
> not cheap, atleast $2000 a year, with part of that
> being an initiation fee. The interviewer compared
> it to joining a health club, but I get a lot more
> out of going to the gym than I did from this
> group. However, if you decide that you want to
> quit, that's not allowed. I was told that you
> either have to die, get married or move atleast
> 100 miles away. And if you don't pay, they'll sic
> the collections people on you.
>
> So stay away from this group, they are not worth
> it at all. If you want to do something similar to
> this, try Things To Do in DC,
> http://www.thingstododc.com/. Its free !!

Posted by: Dave M ()
Date: February 13, 2015 06:40PM

Events & ADventures- Vienna VA
I joined last May and have particiapted weekly. I saw the January calendar and February calendsar. But the office closed without a peep, announcement, etc.

Anyone know anything?

Posted by: Pam ()
Date: February 13, 2015 07:46PM

I have been a member of Events and Adventures for 3 years and love all of the activities and the friends I've made. Its quite expensive but has been well worth it for me. That said, they stopped advertising for new members in the past year and cut back on events and cancelled events for the past 6 months because they were at risk of going out of business and we weren't told. They finally went out of business and a new company took over fresh. Many of us lost a lot of money that we had earned being an event host and money they had put out for events and trips that had been cancelled and it is not being honored with the new company. We haven't had events in months that we can use our credit for and were given no notice that we were losing them.

Posted by: events and fags ()
Date: February 14, 2015 01:40AM

That shit looks gay.

Posted by: Chitown ()
Date: March 02, 2015 10:44PM

I'm with high rise on this one...if you choose to cancel, they're assholes about it.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.