HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous12345All
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Fairfax High School student | Nick Stuban
Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: February 25, 2011 07:42PM

TheProfessor Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Students whose inability to follow school
> procedures is chronic should incur a series of
> interventions designed to help them learn socially
> acceptable standards of behavior. Parents should
> be in the lead on this, assisted by appropriate
> school personnel, and not the other way around.
> Parents who show no interest in working with their
> kid clearly could not object to the school then
> proceeding without them. If you think this would
> be expensive, consider the costs, actual and
> social, of our incarceration rates.
>
> Sentiment aside, the old African proverb is right,
> it does "take a whole village to raise a child".
> Parents, teachers, neighbors, coaches, friends,
> clergy, local businesses, all impact a kid's
> world, and each plays a role in seeing that kid
> grow and become a productive member of the
> community. That structure is gone if kids are
> sent into the solitary confinement of suspension
> and expulsion. Nothing but tragedy lies there.

There is so much that can be done prior to expelling or transferring a student. First, zero tolerance is wrong and it's pretty clear from the testimonials here and elsewhere that the FCPS process is in need of vast improvement. Taking away privileges and other varied disciplinary actions should be used, and parental involvement at the earliest stages is crucial. Was FCPS's unfairness the sole cause of this tragedy? Likely not, but it most certainly was the catalyst, and wholly avoidable.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Thomas More ()
Date: February 25, 2011 08:44PM

ex-teacher Wrote:
> Maybe the school system has changed dramatically since I retired<

It has.

It's changed dramatically since 1995 when my oldest had the barest of brushes with the discipline system.

The SR&R is now 60 pages. It started at 5.

State Code has changed though it are not the straight jacket Dale and FCPS like to pretend it is.

Most importantly, a punitive, prosecutorial model has been adopted for all offenses, even the most innocuous, throughout FCPS from the assistant principals through the School Board appeal panels.

As my youngest graduated last year, I can assure you that the FFX Juvenile Court and Probation office is far more appropriately effective today than FCPS's discipline process.

>I doubt that this one event was the sole cause of the suicide.<

Our understanding of the adolescent bran has advanced volumes in recent years due to research using MRIs, Petscans and Catscans. We now know that the male adolescent mind is not fully wired to comply with society's norms until 25 or so. Until then, impulsivity is high, no matter what the parenting style and access to the "reptilian" parts of the brain are a first reflex.

Recent peer reviewed research tells us that teenage suicide can go from ideation to implementation in 3-5 days after a catalyst. So it is quite likely that Josh's and Nick exposure to the FCPS discipline system was a major contributing factor to their suicide.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2011 08:55PM by Thomas More.

Posted by: mark j ()
Date: February 25, 2011 09:30PM

You all missed the real blame here....the hearing board is the problem.
They act like Nazi's AND it takes FOREVER for the paperwork to get processed.
Kids can't go ANYWHERE until the paper work is complete..These people drag their
feet.
It is the board's arrogant fault

Posted by: another mom ()
Date: February 26, 2011 07:54AM

Has anyone heard of the Rutherford Institute? It has engaged on the situation experienced by the Stubans. Please see the letter it prepared for parents of children in FCPS to send to the school:

http://www.rutherford.org/pdf/2011/02-25-2011_fcps.pdf

See also Rutherford's letter to Dale:

http://www.rutherford.org/pdf/2011/02-21-2011_Jack_Dale.pdf

I am encouraged that with this kind of advocacy behind them, the Stubans will be effective instruments of the changes that might have made a difference for our beloved Nick...who is missed again and again in the classroom, on the field, on the campouts, in the neighborhood.

Steve and Sandy, we love you.
>>>

Date: February 26, 2011 10:04AM

mark j Wrote:
> You all missed the real blame here....the hearing board is the problem. They act like Nazi's AND it takes FOREVER for the paperwork to get processed. Kids can't go ANYWHERE until the paper work is complete..These people drag their feet. It is the board's arrogant fault<

I beg you not to ignore the interrogation by the principal and a police officer in a locked room, held incommunicado, without benefit of parent/guardian or attorney, being forced to write out a confession and the principal calling the appeals office to get instruction on the sanction to be imposed.

All before a parent or guardian is called.

That part of the process needs to immediately change also.

Posted by: What happens ()
Date: February 26, 2011 11:16AM

What happens if you do not sign the rules and regulations? Do they keep track of every students paper work?

Posted by: K Vienna VA ()
Date: February 26, 2011 11:20AM

This is the saddest most horrible thing a parent must go through. I am sitting here full of tears and am so mad. This should have never happened but with having 3 Daughters in FCPS this is not the first time I have heard such horrible stories. Lives of thise kids and families are completely destroyed by one little mistake. Then other kids who come to school drunk seem to return and play sports! I do not understand if you have a policy why is it not equal? Why do some kid just keep getting in trouble and you still see them at school shoveling gravel...and other kids are kicked out of there school, not to see there friends and put into schools that they do not know anyone.! I have been a FCPS student myself and had a wonderful experience and I know kids are testing the boundrys every day and you have to have rules but these rules that are in place right now are way to strict. There has to be guidelines that look at the individual kid. From reading this article Nick Stuban was a wonderful kid, role model and son, friend so why could you not look at him and say you are suspended for a week and go back to school and hopefully learns his lesson. The next time sure kick him out of school because he should have learned a lessson. This is just the most tragic stoy I have ever heard. FCPS put a scarlet letter on him and sent him to the wolves. Could the board members not see he was emotionaly hurting so much because of his poor MOM. Did they even give that any consideration? These practices from FCPS have to change and if we all stand up for ourselves we can change it! If anything we owe it to all the poor kids that were wronged by FCPS that are now in cemetaries that should be having the time of there lives not looking down and keeping us safe.

Date: February 26, 2011 11:27AM

What happens Wrote:
> What happens if you do not sign the rules and regulations? Do they keep track of every students paper work?<

Your signature only acknowledges receipt. There's language above the signature line that says signing it is not a waiver of rights. They stopped charging $50 for not signing some time ago. But teachers hassle the kids every day until they get the signed page back.

I took to writing across the page that went back, "I do not agree with much of this."

And contrary to what that lying sack of bovine excrement, Stu Gibson, continues to repeatedly say, even though he's been corrected innumerable times, it is most definitely NOT A CONTRACT!!!!!!!

Posted by: Seeker ()
Date: February 26, 2011 12:36PM

another mom Wrote:
> Has anyone heard of the Rutherford Institute? It
> has engaged on the situation experienced by the
> Stubans. Please see the letter it prepared for
> parents of children in FCPS to send to the
> school:
>
> http://www.rutherford.org/pdf/2011/02-25-2011_fcps
> .pdf
>
Does this letter have any teeth, or is it just hand waving? The message seems reasonable, but what happens if your child gets into trouble and the school follows the standard procedure?

Date: February 26, 2011 01:19PM

Seeker Wrote:
> another mom Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Has anyone heard of the Rutherford Institute?
> It
> > has engaged on the situation experienced by the
> > Stubans. Please see the letter it prepared for
> > parents of children in FCPS to send to the
> > school:
> >
> >
> http://www.rutherford.org/pdf/2011/02-25-2011_fcps
>
> > .pdf

It's as strong as your kid is in resisting their 3rd degree techniques.
> >
> Does this letter have any teeth, or is it just
> hand waving? The message seems reasonable, but
> what happens if your child gets into trouble and
> the school follows the standard procedure?

Posted by: Do sign any forms ()
Date: February 26, 2011 05:26PM

I will not sign any form that allows FCPS to investigate my child without a parent present. How can we stop them from doing this to our children like they did to Nick Stuban? We need to fight to change the laws in Virginia to protect our kids.

Telling your child to not talk to adults with authority goes against what we have always told them. I think it would be hard for a child to stand up for themselves.

Let's fight the current policy that allows a child to be investigated without a patent present that may get them to be expelled. We need to do this before another child commits suicide by the hands of our school system. We need to do this for Nick Stuban too. Let's not ignore any longer what FCPS is doing to our kids.

Posted by: *do NOT sign any forms ()
Date: February 26, 2011 05:27PM

Sorry.

Posted by: tell ur kidz ()
Date: February 26, 2011 05:32PM

Tell ur kidz:

a) don't bring drugs to school
b) don't buy drugs at school
c) don't deal drugs in school
d) don't bring weapons to school
e) go to school to learn
f) get medical help when you're ill, physically or mentally

tell 'em then tell 'em again.

when ur kidz buy drugs from someone who's had a second (third, fourth, fifth) chance and OD's, will you ask for stronger laws? then it will be "fire the pansy administrators who are too afraid of legal action" and "fire Jack Dale and his bleeding heart wimps"!

Posted by: Parental Opinion ()
Date: February 26, 2011 05:36PM

tell ur kidz Wrote:
> Tell ur kidz:
>
> a) don't bring drugs to school
> b) don't buy drugs at school
> c) don't deal drugs in school
> d) don't bring weapons to school
> e) go to school to learn
> ...
>
> tell 'em then tell 'em again.

Exactly.

The "school" part seems to be what most of the loser-defenders are missing.

Do your drug crap OFF school property - dumb perhaps, but no longer school business.

Do it ON campus, however, and I support kicking your ass off campus permanently.

Posted by: logic ()
Date: February 26, 2011 05:53PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
> Do it ON campus, however, and I support kicking
> your ass off campus permanently.

this kind of "logic" completely escapes me. A student is kicked off of FCPS high school A's campus and transferred to FCPS high school B's campus, meanwhile a student at FCPS high school C is transferred to A's campus for the same offense.

Many blame the student, perhaps thinking their child would never get into a situation like this or remotely similar that could result in suspension/expulsion/transfer. Then they use the premise that all are aware of the SRR (despite most probably believing that parents would be present for an interogation) and the "logic" that if the kid is off campus drugs are now off campus too, or similar kids are off campus too, failing entirely to understand that if Nick and others are transferred out, students with similar "offenses" are transferred in.

No one has proved that these transfers help the student, or even help the schools.

Posted by: TheProfessor ()
Date: February 26, 2011 06:04PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:

> The "school" part seems to be what most of the
> loser-defenders are missing.
>

Well, since you fired first, you are either dense, duplicitous, or don't have kids in FCPS. Otherwise, in your study of the SR&R, you would have noted that the school system claims the right to intrude into and taken action on a student's out of school activities and behaviors, if it deems that they are detrimental to the educational process. In sum, the FCPS could have invoked the same discipline for Mr. Stuban's possession of a suspicious substance off-campus -- though not in this case, since the drug in question is not illegal.

> Do your drug crap OFF school property - dumb
> perhaps, but no longer school business.
>

Again, you are quite mistaken. The school does consider it their business, and will act upon it.

Posted by: To tell u r kids and others ()
Date: February 26, 2011 06:13PM

I am talking about a child being investigated without a parent present. If the child was in the wrong then they should have consequences. I do believe minor misbehavior should get you expelled from your home school. Kids make mistakes. To say it will never happen to your child is wrong.

Minor: Pot,skipping class, legal drugs on a person.

NOT minor: Guns, bullying, gangs and fighting.

Minor consequences: Saturday detention with a PARENT at school.

Major consequences: Having the child expelled or an alternative high school.

These are just some ideas.

Posted by: TheProfessor ()
Date: February 26, 2011 06:15PM

tell ur kidz Wrote:
> Tell ur kidz:
>

Parenting advice from someone writing messages like a texting 15 year old. That's rich.

> a) don't bring drugs to school
> b) don't buy drugs at school
> c) don't deal drugs in school
> d) don't bring weapons to school
> e) go to school to learn
> f) get medical help when you're ill, physically or
> mentally
>
> tell 'em then tell 'em again.
>
> when ur kidz buy drugs from someone who's had a
> second (third, fourth, fifth) chance and OD's,
> will you ask for stronger laws? then it will be
> "fire the pansy administrators who are too afraid
> of legal action" and "fire Jack Dale and his
> bleeding heart wimps"!

The issue is not "stronger" laws, the issue is their enforcement. Your argument makes no sense. The location of a drug transaction does not make it any more or less a crime, or do you mean to suggest that drug sales in malls are okay, because the number of "chances" the seller has had is not a consideration.

Posted by: How about the justice system ()
Date: February 26, 2011 06:20PM

I think the justice system should handle these cases and keep the SB out of the business of expelling kids. The system is already in place. At least then our kids can have due process with a lawyer.

FCPS does not know the law, they just make it up as they go. The schools are failing our kids.

I do not want another child to commit suicide because of our school system. The system is broken and it is up to us as parents to make sure it gets fixed.

Date: February 26, 2011 07:54PM

How about the justice system Wrote:
> I think the justice system should handle these
> cases

No way - too many loopholes, too much time to justice, not appropriate for cutting the cancer out of the school RAPIDLY - right NOW - not some number of delayed years later.

====

With respect to expelling a bad kid from one FCPS but letting that same bad kid attend a DIFFERENT FCPS school - =that= is the "chance to go straight" that even a bad kid gets. Fuck up AGAIN and you get kicked out of ALL FCPS schools. I can live with that for the relatively minor offfenses that result in the correct initial expulsion. Of course, major offenses should get the bad kid booted ALL THE WAY out of the school system.

====

There's a catchall "and if you do anything else off campus we don't like, we're coming after you!" clause that, on the face of it, seems TOO catchall. Later on in the SR&R, however, the conditions where that applies are further explained. I wouldn't mind at all if the School Board made that a little clearer. In fact, the SR&R is BLATANTLY clear about all sorts of stuff so they really should clarify this part as well (for example, a bad kid beats up a fellow same-school student afterhours off campus, FCPS says they can go after him yet the same wording suggests the bad kid can beat up some fellow NON-same-school student and get away with it...hmmmm...).

I strongly believe in clear wording describing offenses and consequences. The SR&R does that pretty darn well - it's quite clear, especially with matters that apply to THIS thread (e.g., the guy got suspended and, for whatever reason, the one who makes such decisions decided to NOT let the bad guy get JUST a suspension but instead should get the already clearly defined and DEFAULT expulsion. The bad guy, however, decided to appeal meaning that the bad guy STAYED suspended until that much-longer process was completed - JUST as VERY CLEARLY described in the SR&R. This works for me - the idea is not to treat the bad guy with kid gloves, it is to protect the OTHER students FROM the bad guy - this is good).

=====

To all the folks who continue to say there is no difference between on and off-campus activity - so very wrong! My kid doesn't socialize (yet) with the loser drugies et all, neither do HUNDREDS of other students PER school. If the activity doesn't take place ON campus, then the activity has no more real impact on those hundreds of kids than a news article (or rampant rumor!). Have the activity take place right in front of those kids, though, and the personal impact is MUCH greater. No thank you - get the bad guys OUT of there, MAYBE give them a second chance somewhere elsewhere but still in the system. If they fuck up again, ax them.

Because it's not the bad guys most want to protect.

Posted by: logic ()
Date: February 26, 2011 08:14PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
>
>
> No thank you - get the bad guys OUT of there,
> MAYBE give them a second chance somewhere
> elsewhere but still in the system. If they fuck up
> again, ax them.
>
> Because it's not the bad guys most want to
> protect.

Again though, the "bad" guys are in your school via being transferred from another school for similar offenses. Like I said before, student from one school transfers to another school for a joint, student from that school goes to first school for a joint. Where is the logic? Your child is still around "bad" guys.

Provide treatment/rehab/punishment..whatever is deemed appropriate, but keeping the child in their school provides the support system to truly get through the treatment etc. Switching kids who commit similar offenses is rather illogical.

Posted by: If you are not in school ()
Date: February 26, 2011 08:16PM

If you commit a crime out of school the police and justice system are called in.

I think this is issue is more about the school NOT calling the parents if their child is in trouble.

We need to be informed before our kids are interviewed and made to sign a paper that may expel them. Kids may not understand what they are signing. They are KIDS. We should allow them to make mistakes while they are young.

We as adults have Miranda rights. So should are kids if a parent is not present or called during a school interview.

I do not understand why all parents would not want basic rights for their kids.

Date: February 26, 2011 08:30PM

If you are not in school Wrote:
> I do not understand why all parents would not want
> basic rights for their kids.

Do kids sign binding confessions without parents present?

Or are they simply interrogated?

("interrogated" - a nice harsh word for "questioned")

What rights do I want for my kid? I want my kid to be able to ask for a parent and clam up. That's pretty much it. I believe kids have those rights right now.

If a bad kid answers questions - tough - the SR&R says they can be searched, questioned, etc. But if that bad kid says "I don't want to talk to you and I want my parent contacted NOW" then I have no problem with that happening.

Of course, if a parent is NOT then contacted something needs correcting. I haven't heard of any such instance, though. The SR&R, of course, says a student can be questioned thus suggesting the student can CONTINUE to be questioned even after a parent is notified and until and after the parent arrives, but I'd expect a request for parent presencce to be honored.

=====

Note, though, that this thread is about a specific instance of a bad guy getting disciplined exactly as the SR&R said he would be disciplined if he did what he apparently actually did. I just do NOT have a problem with that.

Because I'm on the good kids' side.

Posted by: The State of Virginia ()
Date: February 26, 2011 08:44PM

Our great state has said the school CAN interview a child who may be expelled without a parent present lawful. They may interview a child for ANY reason.

No,no,no. We should not allow this to happen in this day and age.

We need to fight for ALL the kids of FCPS.

Even if you think it might never happen to your child you should still care.

BTW: If your child is a witness they can still be called in and be expelled without your knowledge.

The last time I checked this is still the USA.

Date: February 26, 2011 08:53PM

Uh...asking a kid questions is fine with me as long as the kid can simply sit quietly not answering them. I believe a kid CAN sit quietly without answering them right now. My own kid has been told in no uncertain terms that she has the right to remain silent and can ask for a parent to be contacted; can she be browbeaten into talking anyway? Perhaps...but that's a different problem entirely.

However, your words suggest the kid can get expelled without the parent being notified/present - I believe that is incorrect (except, of course, for the horrible worst-case reasons such as murdering 479 other students, etc).

Posted by: Wrong ()
Date: February 26, 2011 08:55PM

Nick Stuban had a lot going for him. He also had a lot of stress. I as an adult have a sick parent and it is hard. Try to think if you are fifteen and going through everything he was going through. I do not think many can handle what Nick tried to do. He was cut from support from his community and school.

Is the SB heartless and cold to a child in need! YES! This child needed compassion NOT the FCPS to drop him like they did. They did contribute to Nick's death.

I do not like what FCPS has done to so many in need.

Posted by: They are just kids ()
Date: February 26, 2011 09:01PM

You say your child would never say a word till you were in the room at school while they were being brow beaten by adults? You are a fool.

Many adults have said they committed a crime they did not while under stress.

We need to address the shameful way FCPS are treating our kids. Right now they have no rights. I do not feel comfortable with this. Do you?

Posted by: Bart ()
Date: February 26, 2011 09:10PM

The law-and-order blowhards are as hilarious and phony as the day is long. They are oh so self-righteous when they stupidly claim these are basically bad kids getting what they deserve. They will ignoratly hold this opinions until their kid does something goofy and they experience first hand the grotesue abuses and lawless violence perpetrated by the hearings office gestapo. Then they will screech loudest of all.

Posted by: Dane Bramage ()
Date: February 26, 2011 09:30PM

Parental Opinion Wrote:
>
> Because I'm on the good kids' side.

Right there is where your logic fails.

It is not a clear dichotomy, although you and the FCPS discipline process, as it is currently enforced, view things as such. There are degrees of seriousness in rule breaking, and just as you would not treat a repeat murderer the same as a first time traffic violation, zero tolerance is wrong.

-------------------------------------------------
“We don’t have any rude, unpleasant people here. We’re different!”

Posted by: To: Bart ()
Date: February 26, 2011 10:07PM

+1

I like the way you think.

Sarah

Posted by: another mother ()
Date: February 26, 2011 11:33PM

There is alot of talk about getting the bad kids out of school so they don't hurt others....which sounds important....I suppose that means getting the bad drug dealers out of school so they don't prey on other vulnerable students and try to sell them drugs.....but hey, wait a minute --> this is the Nick Stuban thread!! Which was Nick's role in this -- was he the drug dealer soliciting to others? Or was he a vulnerable kid tripped and hooked by the dealer's solicitations?

That is the doggone thing about this situation, and this discussion -- Nick is exactly the kid we would all want "the system" to protect -- a good, hardworking, sensistive kid, trying to stay on track with his life but vulnerable nevertheless like many of our children are. Some kids are more vulnerable than others -- for any number of reasons; for Nick perhaps it was the stressful longterm situation (ALS) that many adult caregivers would find hard to handle even in the short term. Perhaps this made him more vulnerable than many to the bad influence of the bad kids. But ARRRGH -- did the system protect Nick? What did it do for Nick, to Nick?

(This is starting to feel like -- how do we fail thee, let me count the ways.... I can't stand it.)

Posted by: So Mad ()
Date: February 27, 2011 09:56AM

The SB needs a dose of common sense and a boot in their asses. WTF...Where has the common sense gone people? How crazy is it that the same punishment be dished out for giving your friend Motrin as if you brought a grenade launcher to school...unbelievable. Black and white...no gray nothing in the middle. How about a case by case way of handling things. how about letting the SGC having input...they know the real deal.

Posted by: the logical conclusion ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:31AM

If you think the disciplinary system is FCPS ok the way it works now, all you have to do is read the article below from today's Post. Aggressive, coercive interogations of kids not resulting in expulsions, but criminal charges against parents. Not FCPS, but the tactics sound similar. This particular case is going to the Supreme Court.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/02/27/AR2011022703904.html

Posted by: Wrong logic ()
Date: February 28, 2011 03:02PM

Frankly,

If my kid gets found at school with dope on them. I don't want them to say a thing. that way the school just know that they dope on them. The school doesn't need my kid to explain nothin. They wrer in possession of dope, period. no need to go explainin anythin. Mybe they will just get a minor saturday detention for the dope. i'll attend with them, no sense writing things down. it's dope. not our kid, not your problem. Util my kid sells some to your kid. then they get caught, don't write down nothin. He, He, He

Posted by: check it out ()
Date: February 28, 2011 07:56PM

On the "Epstein vs. Strauss" school board thread here, someone posted that a young man named Eric Lee Strauss, possibly son of Janie Strauss, FCPS school board member for Langley, has numerous arrests for possession of marijuana, etc. Not sure if the fellow is in fact her son, but someone on here would know for sure.

Do as we say, but not as we do...

Do the school board members like Tessie, Liz, Janie have no shame at how hypocritical they are?

Posted by: He was an adult ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:16PM

He is a total loser. I believe he was over 18 when he was caught with pot.

You can be a great parent and still have a loser for a kid. Name one family that does not have a least one fuck up.

Posted by: say what ()
Date: February 28, 2011 08:49PM

He was an adult Wrote:
> He is a total loser. I believe he was over 18 when
> he was caught with pot.
>
> You can be a great parent and still have a loser
> for a kid. Name one family that does not have a
> least one fuck up.

I thought Strauss's kid taught at a school?

Do we have a pot head for a teacher?

So much for drug free schools.

Posted by: Woodson HS??? ()
Date: March 03, 2011 07:29PM

I think that our kids are getting so much pressure put on them, without being taught how to cope.

When I grew up in the 70s, we didn't worry about terrorists flying airplanes into buldgs., or mass shootings like at Columbine HS or VA Tech.

I really feel for all of these children & their families.

Posted by: simmerdown ()
Date: March 08, 2011 09:18PM

http://www.thepostgame.com/features/201103/k2-gains-popularity-among-athletes-similar-high-pot-no-positive-drug-test

“It’s a danger to anybody who thinks this is a legal way to get high without being caught,” says Jay Schauben, director of the Florida Poison Control Center. “The possible side effects include significant hallucination, cardiac effects, seizures, rapid heart rate, hypertension, severe agitation, passing out, and panic attacks.”

Rozga believes a K2 high led to his son’s suicide. The Indianola police chief, Steve Bonnett, wrote a letter saying David “had a severe panic attack after smoking K2, which resulted in his death.”

Posted by: fact check ()
Date: March 08, 2011 10:42PM

To simmerdown's post:

Thanks for sharing this info, it highlights another of many significant concerns about K2 - not least of which is knowing what its specific ingredients are and the unforeseen consequences of voluntarily or involuntarily ingesting it might be. Thankfully, action is finally being taken to preclude it from being readily purchased.

As for the implied linkage to Stuban and his suicide: the reports are that he purchased and tried JWH-018 - not K2 (there is a difference; as the DEA notes JWH-018 is one of but hundreds of look-alikes that K2 may be laced with). Also his reported use was in Oct but his suicide was in Jan; unlike the immediate reaction "David" is reported as having had.

It is more likely that the experience Stuban had in between those dates was a greater influence. Namely, the manner is which the FCPS disciplinary process was conducted.

Posted by: fact recheck ()
Date: March 09, 2011 08:01AM

fact check Wrote:
> ...in between those dates...

As noted by his parents, he was a drug user of more than K2 or clone.

Posted by: reality ()
Date: March 09, 2011 09:46AM

Woodson HS??? Wrote:
> I think that our kids are getting so much pressure
> put on them, without being taught how to cope.
>
> When I grew up in the 70s, we didn't worry about
> terrorists flying airplanes into buldgs., or mass
> shootings like at Columbine HS or VA Tech.
>
> I really feel for all of these children & their
> families.

You really are naive to say the least, most are worried about what is on facebook and not much beyond anything they can remember a year ago..

Posted by: .... ()
Date: March 29, 2011 02:34PM

RIP Nick Stuban. Its been over 2 months, and he is missed all over FCPS.

Re: Fairfax High School student
Posted by: Jenna Pratz ()
Date: August 02, 2012 12:49AM

Just saw this, and to whomever claimed I "kciked him out on the middle of the highway" is very misinformed. Just to clear my name

Posted by: sad ()
Date: October 08, 2012 07:16PM

sad very sad

Pages: Previous12345All
Current Page: 5 of 5

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.