HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Chris Campero Muder 1/17/03
Posted by: Mikemmva ()
Date: August 16, 2005 02:22PM

My best friend Chris Campero Living on Cedar Grove Dr/Blake Lane in fairfax was killed on 1/7/03. The murder investigators did absolutely nothing to turn up at least one suspect. They did more of harrassing his close friends like me to pick out useless information. The fact that he had been known to sell drugs must have rubbed them the wrong way. The investgators at the Massey Building did nothing. So just another example of how fairfax County has the worse crap squad cops.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Chris Campero Muder 1/17/03
Posted by: PaperPusher ()
Date: August 16, 2005 02:23PM

ok

Posted by: Billybob ()
Date: August 16, 2005 03:37PM

If your are really his friend then you would know that right now in U.S. District Court in Alex two pepole are standing trial for the Murder. Two other suspects have already plead guilty one to life the other two 35 years. the case was brought to the U. S. Court by two dedicated fairfax county detectives who did not give up after receiving no information from his freinds.

Posted by: kklare ()
Date: August 17, 2005 12:29AM

There are sites about this kind of problem. Tom Burkett, my 12th grade english teacher, is part of Parents Against Corruption and Coverup: http://www.thepacc.org/

Posted by: SWweeman ()
Date: August 17, 2005 08:02AM

Mikemmva Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My best friend Chris Campero Living on Cedar Grove
> Dr/Blake Lane in fairfax was killed on 1/7/03.
> The murder investigators did absolutely nothing to
> turn up at least one suspect. They did more of
> harrassing his close friends like me to pick out
> useless information. The fact that he had been
> known to sell drugs must have rubbed them the
> wrong way. The investgators at the Massey
> Building did nothing. So just another example of
> how fairfax County has the worse crap squad cops

Another uninformed moron just wanting to bash the cops. Like you said, if he was a true friend he would've known that the guys who did it were allready arrested. He doesn't realize most murders are done by people that are known to the victim. Probably explains why they spoke to you. You should've cooperated.

Date: August 18, 2005 11:19AM

I did cooperate, but they did treat me like a suspect

Posted by: sas ()
Date: September 06, 2005 02:26PM

To billybob and swweeman; from one of the two detectives that worked on chris' murder for nearly two and a half years. thanks for the words of support! i dont know who that guy (mikemmva) is, but i'm sure he is one of the many people we spoke to over the course to two years that refused to tell us the truth. many called themselves a friend of chris, but knew the people involved in the robbery and murder, but refused to come forward. ask chris' family and real best friends what they think of myself and my partner, i sure they see things much different then mr. mikemmva. and billybob you are right; two plead guilty, one receiving life plus 20 years; he is the one that murdered chris, and the other received 20 years (the driver of the car). the other two did go to trial and one of the two was found guilty by a jury and is facing life. so i guess mr. mikemmva was wrong when he said, "the murder investigators did absolutely nothing to turn up at least one suspect." we not only turned up susepcts, we convicted them! i'm sure with no thanks to you mikemmva!

Date: September 14, 2005 07:55PM

Yea I did just look up his name and see that they found Josh fritter, Nick Halteh, Pierre Alvarez, and that milton guy. Out of the first 3 listed who got convicted? I can't find any more information online except for that milton guy getting convicted. Thanks for the information, I was blind not to see it.

Posted by: udontknowme ()
Date: September 15, 2005 04:25AM

was he shot to death?

Date: September 15, 2005 09:10AM

He was murdered back in 2003 and no one knew what happened. I just found out yesterday that he was hit in the head with a crow bar, here is the article on it

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/27/AR2005052701485.html?nav=rss_nation/special

I'm trying to find out more info.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 18, 2005 01:10PM

murder is horrible when it happens to anyone. however, i just cant feel too bad for drug dealers. it's a risky business, he lost. social darwinism.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: SWweeman ()
Date: September 19, 2005 08:10AM

Gravis Wrote:
> murder is horrible when it happens to anyone.
> however, i just cant feel too bad for drug
> dealers. it's a risky business, he lost. social
> darwinism.
>
Wow, I actually agree with Gravis. LOL

Posted by: bizkit ()
Date: September 19, 2005 08:17AM

Did you read how they charged them federally with "conspiracy to interrupt interstate commerce" for disruopting the marijuana trade? Funny how drug dealing becomes all official when it suits their purposes.

Date: September 19, 2005 11:11AM

do you have a problem bizkit in using the law to bring murders to justice? the people that murdered campero would have done the same thing to you or anyone in your family if they could! and just because a person delt drugs doesnt mean he deserved to die!

Posted by: bizkit ()
Date: September 19, 2005 12:54PM

I don't have a problem with bringing murderers to justice ... I'm just saying stroll down to the commerce office and tell them you want to incorporate your marijuana importation business to get a tax break and see what they have to say.

Date: September 19, 2005 10:22PM

bizkit Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> Did you read how they charged them federally with
> "conspiracy to interrupt interstate commerce" for
> disruopting the marijuana trade? Funny how drug
> dealing becomes all official when it suits their
> purposes.

sas Wrote:
-----------------------------------------------------
> do you have a problem bizkit in using the law to
> bring murders to justice? [blah blah blah...]

sas,
  while it may seem ok in your eyes for them to twist the truth punish these people more, just remember that it's a slippery slope. i mean, wouldn't it be great if you accidently hit a car smuggling drugs on i95 and it turns out the cops were making some sort of sting opperation. next thing you know, BAM! you are conspiring to interrupt interstate commerce and impeding/disrupting a police investigation. how fucked up would that be? there should be no additional charges needlessly thown on the pile to try to put people away for as long as possible. let them be tried for their crimes, not bullshit. when you turn your eye from the truth, you just become ignorant.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: September 20, 2005 01:04AM

it was most definitely ok in my eyes gravis. you have to remember, the law said it is illegal to affect interstate commerce by robbery! any item that has value and that travel over state lines is considered commerce. the people that murdered campero robbed not only campero of his marijuana, but two other people of marijuana. they committed crimes of violence in the process, that was the underlining crime. it had nothing to do with having a car accident on 95, the people involved in those crimes of violence choose to rob, shoot, beat and murder. it wasnt an accident! they were put in jail for what they did, not bullshit! also having an accident on 95 isnt a federal crime, the hobbs act is! i invite you to read up on it!!

Date: September 20, 2005 12:47PM

sas Wrote:
> it was most definitely ok in my eyes gravis. you
[blah blah blah...]

i dont care who they are or what they did. when you tack on charges without cause, it's not. i understand that it's definitely ok in your eyes but any breach of rights by the state is a disgrace. i was trying to point out that it's a slipperly slope. you are being shortsighted and have proven your own ignorance.

Date: September 20, 2005 02:49PM

gravis, no need to be disrespectful with your last line, "you are being shortsighted and have proven your own ignorance." How can you say you don't care what they did? they killed someone! i invited you to read the hobbs act! you obviously did not do that! there were no charges tacked on to anything! you need to educate yourself first before passing judgement on a case you know nothing about!

Posted by: bbc ()
Date: September 20, 2005 04:39PM

who was found not guilty of the 4 charged???

Date: September 20, 2005 08:34PM

sas Wrote:
> gravis, no need to be disrespectful with your last
> line, "you are being shortsighted and have proven
> your own ignorance." How can you say you don't
> care what they did? they killed someone! i
> invited you to read the hobbs act! you obviously
> did not do that! there were no charges tacked on
> to anything! you need to educate yourself first
> before passing judgement on a case you know
> nothing about!

by saying i dont care what they did, i mean that regaurdless of the crime being accused of, using technicalities, which would never hold up if it were the drug runners charging the cops, to try to punish the defendent futher is unethical. i have no doubt that they killed the person, especially since they strait up admitted it, but charging them with "conspiracy to interrupt interstate commerce" is just plain bullshit. from what i read, it said they robbed and killed the guy. does that sound like they were really conspiring to interrupt interstate commerce or was it premeditated murder. funny how the two get confused when the charges are severe. if you hit my car and i claimed you conspired with your passenger to interupt interstate commerce because i was going to mail an item i sold on ebay i would be laughed out of court. you are only seeing what you want to see, guilt and there is no alternative. i understand they killed him and robbed him but conspiring to interupt interstate commerce is rediculous. i dont defend their actions, i defend what they did not do. i seriously doubt they were thinking "we are going to stop his interstate commerce!" get real. now that you read this far, feel free to ignore all the logic behind my argument, you did last time.

Posted by: The Economist ()
Date: September 20, 2005 08:38PM

I AGREE FULLY WITH GRAVIS

OWNED

Date: September 20, 2005 08:44PM

two people agree with me in the same thread? it's total twilight zone action. thanks for agreeing with me! \o/

Date: September 20, 2005 09:07PM

Where'd you get two people agreeing with you? You got one person and thats it. Both of you have no clue! You still haven't read the hobbs act!! Educate yourself!

Posted by: ben ()
Date: September 20, 2005 09:15PM

Gravis Wrote:
> by saying i dont care what they did, i mean that
> regaurdless of the crime being accused of, using
> technicalities, which would never hold up if it
> were the drug runners charging the cops, to try to
> punish the defendent futher is unethical. i have
> no doubt that they killed the person, especially
> since they strait up admitted it, but charging
> them with "conspiracy to interrupt interstate
> commerce" is just plain bullshit. from what i
> read, it said they robbed and killed the guy.
> does that sound like they were really conspiring
> to interrupt interstate commerce or was it
> premeditated murder. funny how the two get
> confused when the charges are severe. if you hit
> my car and i claimed you conspired with your
> passenger to interupt interstate commerce because
> i was going to mail an item i sold on ebay i would
> be laughed out of court. you are only seeing what
> you want to see, guilt and there is no
> alternative. i understand they killed him and
> robbed him but conspiring to interupt interstate
> commerce is rediculous. i dont defend their
> actions, i defend what they did not do. i
> seriously doubt they were thinking "we are going
> to stop his interstate commerce!" get real. now
> that you read this far, feel free to ignore all
> the logic behind my argument, you did last time.

I agree with Gravis too. Normally when he posts it's verbal diarrhea, but this time we have a well thought out and correct argument.

It's the 'throw a handful of shit at the wall and see what sticks' method of prosecuting criminals. Not exactly American.

FWIW, I've had charges stacked on me. You scratch your head and go "WTF?!" until you realize it's not only allowable, but commonplace and gives the prosecutor a huge amount of leverage over you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2005 09:18PM by ben.

Date: September 20, 2005 09:25PM

SWweeman Wrote:
[my post quoted here (scroll up and see)]
> Wow, I actually agree with Gravis. LOL
>

The Economist Wrote:
> I AGREE FULLY WITH GRAVIS
>
> OWNED

sas,
  i believe that is two. additionally it would seem ben agrees with me too so that is three. can i get another "OWNED" from The Economist?  :)

Date: September 20, 2005 09:28PM

the most telling thing you said ben was, "I've had charges stacked on me." like gravis, you and he just have a problem with law enforcement and by nature take the opposite view. I've read other posting of gravis. all of which are negative toward the police. so regardless of what i say, he's going to take the contrary point of view!

Posted by: ben ()
Date: September 20, 2005 09:44PM

sas Wrote:
> the most telling thing you said ben was, "I've had
> charges stacked on me." like gravis, you and he
> just have a problem with law enforcement and by
> nature take the opposite view. I've read other
> posting of gravis. all of which are negative
> toward the police. so regardless of what i say,
> he's going to take the contrary point of view!

I have no problem with laws and law enforcement. It's completely necessary for a functioning society.

I have a problem with OUR laws and law enforcement. You will too once you've been abused by the system.

If you make it off this island earth without that happening, consider yourself lucky.

I have a friend going into law enforcement. He's reconsidering his career choice because his peers are a bunch of power-hungry, hard-drinking douchebags.

I know there are good police officers. I've met many.

I've met more that abuse their power at every opportunity and skirt the law and their responsibilities to harass law-abiding citizens.

Date: September 20, 2005 09:47PM

ok ben, i respect the way you said that.

Date: September 21, 2005 05:17AM

ben Wrote:
> I have no problem with laws and law enforcement.
> It's completely necessary for a functioning
> society.
>
> I have a problem with OUR laws and law
> enforcement. You will too once you've been abused
> by the system.
>
> If you make it off this island earth without that
> happening, consider yourself lucky.
>
> I have a friend going into law enforcement. He's
> reconsidering his career choice because his peers
> are a bunch of power-hungry, hard-drinking
> douchebags.
>
> I know there are good police officers. I've met
> many.
>
> I've met more that abuse their power at every
> opportunity and skirt the law and their
> responsibilities to harass law-abiding citizens.
>
> don,t dream

this is exactly how i feel. i know there are some good cops but the only good ones i have met are the state ones. it would appear we feel the same but im very bitter about it as it has had a significant impact on my life. thanks.

Date: September 21, 2005 07:00AM

sas Wrote:
> the most telling thing you said ben was, "I've had
> charges stacked on me." like gravis, you and he
> just have a problem with law enforcement and by
> nature take the opposite view. I've read other
> posting of gravis. all of which are negative
> toward the police. so regardless of what i say,
> he's going to take the contrary point of view!

so it would seem you ignored the voice of experience. talk about ignorance. have you thought that maybe, just maybe, i have good reason to have the views i do? also, i dont always take the negative with the police. state cops are nice people in my experience and dont have an ego blocking all sense of reasoning. like said before, when you turn your eye from the truth, you just become ignorant.

Date: September 21, 2005 08:33AM

I'm sorry your interaction with I guess FCPD has been negative. I dont know what happened to you, but can only hope that you are a young man with a long life to live. try to take the negative and turn it into a postive! dont let bitterness rule! Believe me, there are good and bad in all jobs.

Posted by: maskedmadmanmatt ()
Date: September 25, 2005 11:46PM

sas Wrote:
> I'm sorry your interaction with I guess FCPD has
> been negative. I dont know what happened to you,
> but can only hope that you are a young man with a
> long life to live. try to take the negative and
> turn it into a postive! dont let bitterness rule!
> Believe me, there are good and bad in all jobs.

There are 3 good men in FCPD, you are correct.

Posted by: CC ()
Date: May 24, 2009 09:49AM

I am sure there are good FCDP out there. However I know for fact that SAS is an extraordinary detective I know how hard he worked on this case 24/7.

Posted by: ffxstoner ()
Date: May 24, 2009 10:21AM

We could of prevented all this by just legalizing weed.

Posted by: mr ()
Date: May 25, 2009 05:18PM

i am chris's cousin and i think alot of you that say you were his friends are loads of shit

Posted by: David Forde. ()
Date: May 27, 2009 12:26PM

chris campero was selling crack and illegal mexican children as prostitutes.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: May 27, 2009 03:36PM

i know this is old, but for what it's worth, gravis, i don't agree with you :)

i'm sure the prosecuters did try to tack on whatever charges they could... but as you can see, the important ones stuck.

i mean, how do you think the murder took place? they conspired to interupt his interstate commerce, by robbing him, which then led to capital murder... and even if it was the other way around, i'm sure they'd have figured he'd have something with him and PLANNED to take it...

and your example... i see where you're going, but accidents don't usually involve conspiring... hopefully a court would recognize that.

Date: May 27, 2009 05:21PM

bdimag Wrote:
> i know this is old, but for what it's worth,
> gravis, i don't agree with you :)

that's fine, feel free to disagree with a four year old post. i read your post but im not going to read the thread again to fully understand what you are talking about because i just dont give a damn about a really old thread.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: May 27, 2009 05:23PM

in summary, you were completely against the murderer also being charged w/ robbery.

Date: May 27, 2009 05:24PM

bdimag Wrote:
> in summary, you were completely against the
> murderer also being charged w/ robbery.

im sure i had my reasons.

Posted by: Jason Cox ()
Date: August 23, 2009 05:15PM

Fuck you.your full of shit. free nick halteh. you will all burn for this when you can't defend yourselves and your old.

Posted by: joe woa ()
Date: August 24, 2009 09:40AM

isnt nick halteh a rapist? why should we free him?

Posted by: fed1 ()
Date: August 25, 2009 02:29PM

Well Jason I guess you were a friend of Nicks. Good for you but what is said is true, He was charged with rape. But that had nothing to do with this case. The bottom line is This was 1 case of two which Nick was involved in where he and his co horts tried to kill. The second case they shot the young man in the head and with the grace od god he survived. That case and the Dectevive who worked led to the closinging of the Campero case. Both detectives spent sometime 20 hour days on the cases. Because of their dedication and information sharing, they took two caes which smeed unrelated and linked them. Milton was the triggerman and if you ever met him, you would find someone who had no regard for life. Thanks to the work of the detectives he and the others are now off the street. As for when we are old and unable to defnd ourselfs well if that is you attempt at a threat from nick when he gets out that will not happen, If its from You well you know where we work.

Posted by: joe woa ()
Date: August 25, 2009 02:37PM

but he was found not guilty of all the murder and robbery charges and guilty of rape

Posted by: joe blo ()
Date: December 31, 2009 12:54PM

first of all you all need to be more detailed of the story of nick haleh .let start with the rape charge ; how many times did the county try to bring up charges ? how about the chick that was raped ? well she wanted a threesum and got it but only nick was charged.and what happened to her possesion of cocaine charge?

Date: December 31, 2009 12:56PM

oh theres lots more just ask fairfax county pd is full of surprises and they are crooked well most of them anyway

Posted by: Who Cares? ()
Date: December 31, 2009 02:17PM

Why argue about a bunch of low-life
murderers? I'm sure there is some
upstanding citizen getting the
short end of the stick right now
and nobody cares. So why care about
these murderous drug dealing rapist BUMS?

Of course police will dump charges on you.
And they will lie in court about you.
Judges give these assholes the benefit
of the doubt also.

If it bothers you enough, I suggest just
doing something about it. Dont get on the
PC and start making blank threats to internet
Pork-Rolls, genuine or not.

Date: January 01, 2010 11:30AM

if in fact their guilty

Date: January 01, 2010 11:35AM

how do six people get into a house in the snow but yet there's only two sets of footprints ?

Posted by: Dontchyathink? ()
Date: January 01, 2010 11:39AM

Was this question raised at the trail?

If not, its a little late now dontchyathink?

Posted by: © ()
Date: January 01, 2010 09:50PM

if it wasnt i think the accused could question the lawyer's competency

Date: January 03, 2010 10:25AM

how do you conspire to commit murder when you were expecting noone to be home

Date: January 03, 2010 10:27AM

oh and how about being found not guilty on some of the charges in a circuit court

Date: January 03, 2010 10:32AM

oh yeah thers more like a scred jury that the prosecuters implanted falls evidence
and the judge to allow the case to go on

Date: January 03, 2010 10:36AM

all i know is there was a lot of wrong doing and yet there was nothing at all that the court system would consider for an appeal .you cant sentence someone to almost a life sentence without considering an appeal

Date: January 03, 2010 10:40AM

there was also a firearm charge but wheres the gun that was never found

Date: January 03, 2010 10:45AM

if you were a fairfax conty detective and you had a personal thing against a person dont you think you can nail him whether guilt or not?

Posted by: blo joe ()
Date: January 03, 2010 02:56PM

Don't you usually do this with your rants about Jack Dale? You have a new subject to obsess about? Good for you, the meds must be working!

Posted by: CrashTestDummy ()
Date: January 04, 2010 02:59PM

This thread made me think of Pollo Campero. Mmmm... tender, juicy chicken.
Attachments:
pollo-campero-chick.jpg

Posted by: Oldffxbuddy ()
Date: June 27, 2010 08:44PM

Just found out about Nick in jail. Does anyone have any info on this? How long is it for? Would apppreciate any info you can tell me.

Posted by: Mike22Va ()
Date: June 27, 2010 09:59PM

Search Result: 1 Match Found
Offender Name: Halteh, Nick San
DOC Number: 1120112
Inmate Number: 334584
Race: White
Projected Release Date: 11/29/2010

http://www.vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/locator/

Posted by: disappointed in the law ()
Date: December 15, 2010 09:46PM

It would be great if an advocacy law group could get a judge to question the jury as to whether they actually ignored information (as they were instructed to do) that was brought up by the prosecution and struck down by the judge. Once a "seed/notion" is put out there and planted in a person's head it is very unlikely that that information does not subconsiously play on the jury, even if it was inadmissable info. The prosecution and police can REALLY play dirty when they need to. Saying something that is totally inadmissalbe, knowing that they will only get a slap on the hand and most likely sway the juries decision. Hmmm.....sounds like grounds for an appeal. The comments made by the prosection would normally be grounds for a retrial!!

Posted by: Anonymous2323 ()
Date: April 03, 2011 04:30AM

The detectives that worked on the case should be praised and thanked everyday. They did a wonderful job bringing those scum bags to justice. Nick deserves to be in prison for the rest of his life. milton will burn in hell.

Posted by: --- ()
Date: February 04, 2012 11:58PM

Yes, Nick Halteh is a convicted rapist.

The rape charges were pressed back in 2002, however, the court case did not go to trial until 2003/2004.

Sometime prior to the scheduled rape trial date, he murdered Chris Campero.

He was convicted with physical evidence (and a phone sting) for drugging and raping a girl along with 2 other men (although they were not convicted).

He was sentenced to prison for 8-10 years.

May the Campero family be at peace with the justice that was served.

Posted by: mark zuckerburg ()
Date: February 06, 2012 12:42PM

Mike22Va Wrote:
> Search Result: 1 Match Found
> Offender Name: Halteh, Nick San
> DOC Number: 1120112
> Inmate Number: 334584
> Gender: Male
> Race: White
> Location: Greensville Correctional Center
> Projected Release Date: 11/29/2010
>
> http://www.vadoc.virginia.gov/offenders/locator/

http://www.facebook.com/people/Nick-Halteh/100002463816675

Here he is in all his prison glory. Prison wasn't all bad, it afforded him the opportunity to get a cool facebook profile pic.

Posted by: Nickhater ()
Date: February 06, 2012 02:38PM

NICK HALTEH 44983-083 30-White-M 02-10-2050 HAZELTON USP I guess he will get out oh in 38 years to bad but with his mouth he will f u again

Posted by: anthony halteh ()
Date: April 16, 2012 02:28AM

Nick is a piece of shit it is a regret that he is in the family. Everyone feels sorry for him I don't give a shit I live 5 mins from his old neighborhood an stay busy working an out of trouble if you were going to kill an steal someone you might as well have just grown the shit. I visited him a few times when I was younger he tried to get me to smuggle drugs in the jail knowing I was young and doing well in my life. He will never change an his family's a piece of shit to I hope he rotes. I am his cousin

Posted by: n/a ()
Date: May 26, 2012 11:52PM

I want to say something to you all that may not settle well at first, but I need to say this as part of my closure.

I was raped by this person, I still dont know why he did it, and I will never have an answer. I still hurt every time I think about what happened, but I am still here. I am so thankful that I have become the person I am, strong, kind, and peaceful. This may seem impossible, but it is not.

One thing I do know, despite the terrible events I dealt with, it has taken me 10 years for me to come to terms with what has happened. I cannot express the sorrow that I feelfor Chris's family (who came to my trial and I spoke with briefly). Even now, I feel sad for this person's family because it must be a terrible thing to live with the fact that their son is a murderer and a rapist.

It all goes back to the theory of Nature vs. Nurture. Some people are born into a world of hatred and evil, no matter what their upbringing.
The people who suffer are the ones who are closest to the "flawed" person.

I think of Chris very often, he was such a kind gentle person. The strangest coincidence i that I had P.E. with him when I was in high school. I will never forget him.

God rest Chris Campero's soul, and anyone else harmed by this person.

<3

Posted by: 000 ()
Date: June 24, 2012 03:35PM

If in fact you were raped by Nick and not one of the other males that were in your presence than my sympathies to you. It is a horrid invasion of your rights as a woman and I am sorry that ever happened to you. My biggest question is the ambiguity of the case and the drugs that were involved. I know there was some partying going on... Are you SURE it was him??? Are you sure justice has been served and that they got the right guy?

Posted by: Fu ()
Date: June 24, 2012 04:32PM

DONT DO DRUGS!

It seems everyone related to these cases does/did drugs. Everyone from the rape and murder victims, murderers/rapist(s) to all the friends of each victim and perp.

DON'T DO DRUGS and you won't be a FFU topic!

Posted by: no one ()
Date: November 11, 2012 09:24AM

he didnt deserve to die.. and bringing the murderer to justice is due.but there are people in jail now for that crime that swear they were not even at the scene one of them actually got more time then the murderer himself now u tell me what kind of great detectives are out there they all suck and i dont trust anyone of them

Posted by: no one ()
Date: November 11, 2012 09:36AM

and this dumb drunken broad that says she was raped ..she drove and partied with all the guys and did drugs and slept willingly with three or four of the guys and only 1 was charged because he wouldnt give in to her demands and when she was picked up by police she was so out of it she spent two days in the hospital and could remember anything that happened if thats the case how do you know who where and when

Posted by: Remember Chris ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:17PM

Rest in peace Chris. 11 years later...

Posted by: More info ()
Date: January 17, 2014 01:32PM

Mikemmva Wrote:
> He was murdered back in 2003 and no one knew what
> happened. I just found out yesterday that he was
> hit in the head with a crow bar, here is the
> article on it
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2005/05/27/AR2005052701485.html?nav=rss_nation/
> special
>
> I'm trying to find out more info.

Life Term for Attacks On Va. Drug Dealers
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/05/27/AR2005052701485.html?nav=rss_nation/special

A Woodbridge man was sentenced to life in prison yesterday after admitting that he beat a marijuana dealer to death in the Fairfax area in January 2003, then shot and wounded another drug dealer in Merrifield later that month.

During the hearing in U.S. District Court in Alexandria, Milton P. Jurado, 21, also agreed to testify against three co-defendants in his federal conspiracy trial, and prosecutors in turn agreed to try to place Jurado in the witness protection program. In addition to the federal charges, Jurado's cooperation could lead to capital murder charges in Fairfax County against co-defendants Nick Halteh, Joshua Fritter and Pierre Alvarez.

A relative of Christopher Campero, 18, found him dead in his bed on Jan. 17, 2003, in his apartment in the 3100 block of Cedar Grove Drive, just off Blake Lane near Fairfax Circle. Campero's family gathered in the courtroom of U.S. District Judge Gerald Bruce Lee yesterday to glare at Jurado and testify to their loss.

Jurado told investigators that he, Halteh, Fritter and another man drove to Campero's apartment to rob him, according to court records. When they found Campero asleep, Jurado beat him in the head with a crowbar, killing him, the court records state. The group then stole marijuana, jewelry and a video game system.

Eleven days later, Jurado said, he, Halteh and Alvarez decided to rob another drug dealer, identified in Fairfax court records as Siro A. Hernandez. Hernandez was shot in the head and robbed of a pound of marijuana, then dumped out of a car in Merrifield. Jurado was convicted in Fairfax Circuit Court of malicious wounding in that case and sentenced to 13 years. Halteh was found not guilty.

No one was charged in the killing of Campero until Fairfax detectives took the case to federal prosecutors. In April, a federal grand jury indicted Jurado, Halteh, Fritter and Alvarez for conspiracy to interrupt interstate commerce -- marijuana dealing -- by robbery and violence in the killing of Campero and the wounding of Hernandez. Prosecutors said the federal conspiracy charge was not the same as Virginia's malicious wounding charge and so did not constitute double jeopardy.

Jurado apologized to Campero's family and told the judge, "The only reason I step up now is I deserve to be in prison for the rest of my life." His attorney, William B. Cummings, said it was the first time in his 41 years as a lawyer that a client pleaded guilty knowing he would get a life sentence without parole.

Special Assistant U.S. Attorney Jonathan L. Fahey said Jurado's agreement to cooperate was accompanied by a letter from Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Robert F. Horan Jr. that he would not be prosecuted for capital murder. And, Fahey noted, "the nature of [Jurado's] cooperation requires his protection" in the federal witness protection program.

Horan said he could not discuss whether he would seek capital murder charges against Jurado's co-defendants. "We'll have to wait and see what kind of case they've got," he said.

Jurado sat calmly as Campero's family members took the witness stand and lambasted him. "You took a beautiful boy from us," said Gonzalo Campero, the victim's father. "You destroyed us. I don't understand why you did it."

Susanna Robertson, the victim's aunt, looked at Jurado and said: "I really hope you burn in hell. Look at you. You're not even sorry for what you did."

Posted by: SBlade ()
Date: January 18, 2014 12:17PM

Chris Campero was one of my good friends, I remember when all this happened, it may have been 10 years ago but it feels like yesterday. To witness a body bag being carried out of one of your close friend's house at the age of 17, is a memory that I will never forget. Whether this was drug related or whatever the reason was, it will never justify his life being taken from him. My deepest condolences for the Campero family and R.I.P. Chris, you will not be forgotten. This thread brought back so many memories, the good times Chris & I shared and the horrific memory of a young man's life being taken.. it had me going back through the pictures I had of him from high school. I miss you Chris.

Posted by: graymoose1 ()
Date: January 18, 2014 01:01PM

Who?

---------------------------------------------------
W.W.S.D. what would Scooby Doo

Posted by: Rent 'n Peace ()
Date: January 18, 2014 02:07PM

He was one tough muder.

Date: January 19, 2014 06:46PM

SBlade Wrote:
> Chris Campero was one of my good friends, I
> remember when all this happened, it may have been
> 10 years ago but it feels like yesterday. To
> witness a body bag being carried out of one of
> your close friend's house at the age of 17, is a
> memory that I will never forget. Whether this was
> drug related or whatever the reason was, it will
> never justify his life being taken from him. My
> deepest condolences for the Campero family and
> R.I.P. Chris, you will not be forgotten. This
> thread brought back so many memories, the good
> times Chris & I shared and the horrific memory of
> a young man's life being taken.. it had me going
> back through the pictures I had of him from high
> school. I miss you Chris.

Why don't you post some pics of Chris?

Posted by: kExpu ()
Date: January 23, 2014 12:24AM

Mikemmva Wrote:
> My best friend Chris Campero Living on Cedar Grove
> Dr/Blake Lane in fairfax was killed on 1/7/03.
> The murder investigators did absolutely nothing to
> turn up at least one suspect. They did more of
> harrassing his close friends like me to pick out
> useless information. The fact that he had been
> known to sell drugs must have rubbed them the
> wrong way. The investgators at the Massey
> Building did nothing. So just another example of
> how fairfax County has the worse crap squad cops.

Stupid uneducated uninformed fucktard says what?

Posted by: Lovesomuch ()
Date: March 30, 2014 01:28AM

I love you with all my heart Chris not one day goes by where I don't think about you. I know your still with me and keeping everyone safe. I'll never forget you and I'll make nobody else does either. I love you so much.

Posted by: fMoreInfo ()
Date: March 30, 2014 02:40AM

More info Wrote:
> SBlade Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Chris Campero was one of my good friends, I
> > remember when all this happened, it may have
> been
> > 10 years ago but it feels like yesterday. To
> > witness a body bag being carried out of one of
> > your close friend's house at the age of 17, is
> a
> > memory that I will never forget. Whether this
> was
> > drug related or whatever the reason was, it
> will
> > never justify his life being taken from him.
> My
> > deepest condolences for the Campero family and
> > R.I.P. Chris, you will not be forgotten. This
> > thread brought back so many memories, the good
> > times Chris & I shared and the horrific memory
> of
> > a young man's life being taken.. it had me
> going
> > back through the pictures I had of him from
> high
> > school. I miss you Chris.
>
> Why don't you post some pics of Chris?

Why don't you go f*ck yourself?!

Date: March 30, 2014 05:00AM

fMoreInfo Wrote:
> More info Wrote:
> -----
> > SBlade Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Chris Campero was one of my good friends, I
> > > remember when all this happened, it may have
> > been
> > > 10 years ago but it feels like yesterday. To
> > > witness a body bag being carried out of one
> of
> > > your close friend's house at the age of 17,
> is
> > a
> > > memory that I will never forget. Whether
> this
> > was
> > > drug related or whatever the reason was, it
> > will
> > > never justify his life being taken from him.
> > My
> > > deepest condolences for the Campero family
> and
> > > R.I.P. Chris, you will not be forgotten.
> This
> > > thread brought back so many memories, the
> good
> > > times Chris & I shared and the horrific
> memory
> > of
> > > a young man's life being taken.. it had me
> > going
> > > back through the pictures I had of him from
> > high
> > > school. I miss you Chris.
> >
> > Why don't you post some pics of Chris?
>
> Why don't you go f*ck yourself?

You first. ;)

Posted by: Clapper ()
Date: January 05, 2015 12:57PM

Funny that Anthony halteh talked a lot shit then was arrested for growing weed.

Posted by: anthony ()
Date: February 01, 2015 03:47PM

Yea and I paid the price I got schizophrenia, paranoia, and anxiety for life. That's why I got caught plus I wasn't hurting anyone it was for me

Posted by: D ()
Date: July 07, 2015 11:57PM

I miss you, Chris. All the time.

Posted by: Back toback ()
Date: February 16, 2016 02:38AM

Fuck this thread this is all bullshit

Posted by: Heartbroken ()
Date: February 27, 2019 05:22AM

I am Christopher’s cousin.

I come back to this thread every few years. I’m not exactly sure why. I think I come back looking for something in the details. There is a forever question of why that will never be answered. For those that say they don’t feel bad, of course upsets me. I cry every time I finish reading this thread but I also don’t judge you because you don’t know anything. You are only going by what you think you know.

Christopher was a loving son, brother, cousin, nephew, grandson and a friend to many. Too friendly, trusted too quickly and this time got easily influenced by the wrong people. He was an 18 year old kid that got caught up in something stupid. We all do stupid things. He didn’t deserve what happened.

His own mother found him beaten to death. She lives not only without her son but with that image every day of her life. His family worked hard to bring the family over from another country legally for a better life and this is what happened? The guilt they live with is inconceivable. We live every family gathering incomplete. There is no peace for us.

Even with all that has been done I can’t help but feel bad for the guilty because I can’t imagine what would lead them down this path. I feel bad for the parents. How does one become so cold? Christopher was loved. He knew love and he loved many. He is missed.

For the girl that was raped and the people saying she was so fucked up and this and that... I don’t care if a woman is naked and unconscious or if she is conscious in provocative clothing, in no situation is it ever ok for someone to violate her.

Sometimes we put ourselves in situations not thinking, especially when young. Most of the times we come out of them untouched. But once in a while tragedy or trauma happens. I hope that if you have children at this point that nothing like these things ever happen to them or anyone you love and if something does happen someone has compassion.

To the people that have written kind words, thank you.

Posted by: Thinking of Chris ()
Date: May 18, 2023 07:42AM

Another one of Chris’ cousins here. Our uncle/grandfather just passed. 20 years after the loss of Chris. This broke our family. What’s worse, the false information out there besmirching Chris and our family. Chris was no drug dealer. Ever. He was a kid who tried to grow a weed plant in his closet. Any reference to him being a drug dealer is racist and completely and utterly false. He was just weeks away from coming to start his journey with me and my brother in New York. He was hopeful and excited. To the rest of the cousins who come back here every few years, I love you all so much. If you’re here, call me and cry; you know who it is. I’ll cry with you.

Posted by: T ()
Date: December 04, 2023 11:56PM

I was Chris’ childhood friend. He was a beautiful soul. His family was amazing when I was with them. His parents were so invested in Chris and his little brother. I remember those times. They were great. I wish I could see how the family is doing. Maybe one day we can meet.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.