HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Cost of Lifetime Fitness for family?
Posted by: mj ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:16PM

Does anyone know the current monthly cost of Lifetime Fitness for a family of four plus the upfront fee?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cost of Lifetime Fitness for family?
Posted by: Public Domain ()
Date: January 12, 2011 01:48PM

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 12, 2011 02:15PM

Don't forget to add in the cost of stolen goods from the lockers.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: January 12, 2011 02:45PM

justsayin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Don't forget to add in the cost of stolen goods
> from the lockers.

Fuck. Beat me too it.

I prefer to look at it as "tipping".

Posted by: Public Domain ()
Date: January 12, 2011 02:47PM

So...is theft from locked lockers a problem at Rec Centers?

How about at Lifetime Fitness?

Would such thefts show up on some database somewhere we can get to "on the 'Net"?

Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:09PM

We were referring to Lifetime fitness as they have made the news about thefts before, but I'm sure it happens at other places too. Just keep your valuables either with you or locked in the car, it is an avoidable problem.

Here are a few threads on Lifetime:

http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/387930/387930.html#msg-387930
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/179168/179168.html#msg-179168
http://www.fairfaxunderground.com/forum/read/2/264123/264123.html#msg-264123

Date: January 12, 2011 03:10PM

Public Domain Wrote:
> So...is theft from locked lockers a problem at Rec
> Centers?

I don't know specifically, but I'm guessing that theft is a problem anywhere you leave your valuables unattended.

> How about at Lifetime Fitness?

There was a theft ring in the Centreville one a few years back. A bunch of locker room attendents/housekeeping staff were stealing stuff out of the lockers. They'd get the master key and open them up. I've never had anything stolen there, but there's not much to steal if you open up my locker. I've heard the Fairfax Lifetime has had a problem too.

> Would such thefts show up on some database
> somewhere we can get to "on the 'Net"?

Unknown. Probably those review sites or something may help. Just remember, crime is always a possibility.

Posted by: whocares ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:44PM

Admin fee: $85
Enrollment Fee: $5 per member of household
Monthly Fee: Probably 150.00 or so. I remember when my mom and dad signed up it was 119 a month for them and then an extra 30 bucks for my sister...so I'm guessing for a family of four it'll be around 150.

Also you can probably get the admin fees waived. This is information from two years ago so who knows what the prices are now. Good luck never being able to get on a machine!

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:51PM

From what I've heard its not cheap.

One thing you should consider is NOT signing up now for the simple reason is that many, many others have committed to New Years resolutions and have signed up. Given that LF is probably good on its monthly membership quotas, the mangers there probably don't have much incentive to cut deals (i.e., waiving the admin fee).

Perhaps in April.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 03:52PM by ITRADE.

Date: January 12, 2011 06:49PM

ITRADE Wrote:
> From what I've heard its not cheap.
>
> One thing you should consider is NOT signing up
> now for the simple reason is that many, many
> others have committed to New Years resolutions and
> have signed up. Given that LF is probably good on
> its monthly membership quotas, the mangers there
> probably don't have much incentive to cut deals
> (i.e., waiving the admin fee).
>
> Perhaps in April.

+1 on this. You're better off waiting until mid-March or April. By that time most of the wannabe's have dropped out and whoever is still there is in it for the long haul. There won't be a huge influx of potential members, so you can get some deals. I joined Lifetime a few years back at the end of March and basically said I wouldn't join unless they dropped the bullshit admin/signup fees. They gave me 75% off, which I thought was more than fair. I would have settled for 50%, but there was no way I was paying the full cost.

FYI - my monthly dues are $73.95/mo. That's for one adult member and one member under 12. I think the junior member is actually only about $7, so do the math.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 06:49PM by Warhawk.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 12, 2011 07:07PM

Lifetime Fitness will cost you your entire family.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: January 12, 2011 07:09PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Lifetime Fitness will cost you your entire family.

I see...and is use of the hot tub included in that plan or is that only for premium memberships?

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: January 12, 2011 08:29PM

Probably, and again if you're there for any other reason for fitness, you're there for the wrong reasons. It's a frikin joke anyway. O yea. I almost forgot, they're SOooooo Gooood. In fact, they're the best!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2011 10:32PM by Juxtaposition.

Posted by: Las Vegas Gal ()
Date: February 08, 2011 01:40PM

Yeah...we got the big ol glossy brochure last night...and oh sure, my tummy can look just like that!

I don't think it's worth it.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: February 08, 2011 01:46PM

I pay around 40 bucks a month for Gold's. The Clocktower Gold's is a great gym. No complaints.

Posted by: Lifetimer ()
Date: February 08, 2011 01:58PM

Its a good gym, free weights are always open occasionally if you go during the right time, there's a little bit of eye candy but not enough to be distracting and the locker rooms have generally been clean. Plus most of the people that go are old asians and the kids of rich parents so if you've got a little bit of muscle mass your head will get pumped up, granted their are also a few juice heads as well, but you can tell them by the acne covered faces.

Date: February 09, 2011 07:10AM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> I pay around 40 bucks a month for Gold's. The
> Clocktower Gold's is a great gym. No complaints.

Family rate?

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: February 09, 2011 08:34AM

You realize you can just stop by and ask how much it costs, right? Or maybe, I don't know, try calling?

As for the thefts, there are thefts everywhere. There were probably thefts on your street in the last month. I've been going to the Fx Lifetime since it opened, never had anything stolen.

There are different membership levels, so any one price you hear doesn't really tell you what it would cost you. It depends on how much access you want and which clubs you want access to.

Posted by: Harley ()
Date: February 09, 2011 11:29AM

I think a family plan will set you back about $119 a month; but it includes 2 hour of childcare a day and use of all the facilities.

If you have children that are 12 or under, its a pretty good deal considering childcare is included.

As for thefts, I wouldnt worry so much about it. Twice in the past month I've left my cell phone out (an iPhone 4) and had it promptly turned in. The vast majority of people arent there to find shit to steal.

It is crowded right now - early evenings are the worst; but you can still get your full workout in.

Every gym I've ever belonged to had shit you could bitch about, but Lifetime is about as good as it gets when it comes to having a bit of everything.

Posted by: Harley ()
Date: February 09, 2011 11:30AM

Oh, if you know someone who is a member, they are handing out 7 day passes for memebers to give to friends. You can try the club for a week for nothing.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: February 09, 2011 12:41PM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> I pay around 40 bucks a month for Gold's. The
> Clocktower Gold's is a great gym. No complaints.

No. The "Kids Club" is prob around $15/month per kid.

Posted by: why me? ()
Date: February 09, 2011 08:37PM

kids under 12 @ LTF cost $5/mo. I will be soooo happy when all the wannabe's leave! Even today @ 1-2pm the place was too busy for me!

Posted by: Juxtaposition ()
Date: February 12, 2011 10:25PM

that doesn't even make sense

Shadow Wrote:
> You realize you can just stop by and ask how much
> it costs, right? Or maybe, I don't know, try
> calling?
>
> As for the thefts, there are thefts everywhere.
> There were probably thefts on your street in the
> last month. I've been going to the Fx Lifetime
> since it opened, never had anything stolen.
>
> There are different membership levels, so any one
> price you hear doesn't really tell you what it
> would cost you. It depends on how much access you
> want and which clubs you want access to.

Posted by: Jarvis ()
Date: March 06, 2011 07:04PM

I dropped by their sales office in Las Vegas, today. They quoted me $249 for a family, with an additional charge of $10 per every child under the age of 12. They said that they were waiving the $300 initiation fee; however, they are charging a activation/processing fee of $99.

Posted by: big daddy ()
Date: October 01, 2011 07:35PM

Is this a freakin month? Yeah.....should wait for a year then the price will come back to down.

Posted by: TJ Machado ()
Date: October 01, 2011 09:43PM

Just joined the new Diamond Facility at Mississauga, Ontario:

$175 Initiation
$250 per month

This is for a family of 4 with 2 teenage kids.

Posted by: MississaugaYMCA ()
Date: October 01, 2011 09:53PM

TJ Machado Wrote:
> Just joined the new Diamond Facility at
> Mississauga, Ontario:
>
> $175 Initiation
> $250 per month
>
> This is for a family of 4 with 2 teenage kids.

Needed that lifetime this summer

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 04, 2011 10:41PM

Current market rate is $80.95 per month for new members joining at Life Time Fitness Fairfax.

Posted by: b-man ()
Date: April 18, 2013 11:44AM

Resurrecting this thread. Life Time is opening in Reston this summer, and I got an invitation to a pre-opening reception. The invtiation specifically refers to the facility as "LifeTime Athletic," NOT "LifeTime Fitness." It goes on to say that this location will be one of only 13 "Diamond" clubs in the nation. That means it will be very, very expensive (see the posts from Jarvis and TJ above - this place will likely be priced the same, if not more).

Posted by: Dynamic tension ()
Date: April 18, 2013 12:19PM

People sure do love spending an arm-and-a-leg at these fancy ass gyms. They go in all gung-ho for the first 2 weeks and never go back again.

Posted by: wowzer ()
Date: May 19, 2014 04:59PM

this place is expensive. My son joined Plant Fitness for $10 down and $10/month. Granted it doesn't have the bball court and pool but......

Posted by: Margaret ()
Date: April 26, 2017 10:38AM

Joining was great in 2009, we used all the local clubs including the outdoor pools in Reston and the child care. We paid $160/m AND new member fees AND Administration fees... ridiculous. As they upgraded Fairfax onyx, platinum, diamond, blah, blah, blah, all I noticed was... equipment that was broken actually worked as it was suppose to, and now deodorant spray was also available in the locker rooms. At the same time, the other local facilities were "upgrading" and we were told we could no longer use any other facility without an added $30/m for EACH member to become elite enough to use them... that is insane. Almost 70% more than our actual membership! Their "perks" are a bunch of crap, lifetime bucks can only be used in $25 increments which buys you very little, they cancelled classes for kids with no warning after changing my kids preschool days around to attend them (at a cost of $260 with the preschool) only for them to cancel without warning and the reason to switch preschool days around now mute and out $260. I've tried to quit three times and left angry with $100 lifetime bucks (equal to half a haircut/color or one trial training session I didn't want) because I had NO time to sit and argue, hell I wasn't even arguing. Once I was told after twenty minutes that I couldn't actually cancel them membership because I was not the name on the charge card! The last Time I went in I finally was able to quit but not after 20+ minutes of arguing! I just want to quit! The manger was rude and interrupted me with my EVERY attempt to say, "Please stop my membership" It was Like a timeshare hell! The worst experience was trying to use one of the 12 "guest passes". Be warned they ARE NOT GUEST PASSES! My friends were benched for 20 minutes while waiting for a sales associate to come and sell them a membership and required a tour. That is NOT A GUEST pass, that's me bringing in clients for them and wasting their day. The last time I tried to bing in a guest, he had a very ill wife at the hospital and he got a call to come to the hospital and they ignored his plea to leave and continued on with their sales pitch! (He didn't want to be rude walking away from someone who wouldn't shut up- so much for getting him out and his mind de-stressed) He came back within 60 days, having never actually stepped into the facility and they told him returning guests were not allowed until 60 days had passed. Our calls were never returned by anyone after profuse apologies by the front desk for the run around and disrespect. They had no records of complaints but a note of my attempts to quit and how many lifetime bucks it took to make me go away without quitting. No class. If you look at the turnover rate of employees it tells you a lot, all my requests for change were met with "Who told you that?" as if threatening someone's job, which made me very uncomfortable. High, high, high pressure sales if you approach with any comments/requests. The corporate office takes no responsibility for making amends and the membership services isn't interested in anything but your continuation and will eventually toss you a bone, like a free consult or a free personal training session of some of their BS lifetime bucks.

Posted by: Added Costs ()
Date: April 26, 2017 01:04PM

Don't forget to add the cost of having your shit stolen from the locker room on a regular basis. The employees apparently like to pad their income with your belongings.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.