HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
STANFORD 7 - VA TECH 0 --LOLOLOLL
Posted by: JOPHN ELWAY ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:07PM

STANDFORD 7 - VA TECH 0

VA TECH IS EMBARRASSING VIRGINIA

WHO LET THESE THUGS IN>?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: STANFORD 7 - VA TECH 0 --LOLOLOLL
Posted by: FRANK BEAMER ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:10PM

WE AT VA TECH IN IN EXCHANGE FOR OUR COOPERATION IN THE MICHALE VICK DOG FIGHTING PROSECUTIONS

WE WILL KEEP IT WITHIN 5 touchdowns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Shanhan ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:19PM

VA TECH is going to win

Posted by: Tytaylor ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:36PM

Taylor just embarassed Stanford on that td. What a play

Posted by: hokieeeeeeeeee ()
Date: January 03, 2011 10:35PM

JOPHN ELWAY -- way to be bitter that you couldn't get accepted to Tech if you paid your way in....loser.
Don't be a hater...

GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Seeker ()
Date: January 04, 2011 12:39AM

Shanhan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> VA TECH is going to win

VT looked nearly as bad tonight as they did against JMU. Suck it! Still a bunch of thugs at a school full of trailer trash hillbillies.

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: January 04, 2011 07:44AM

One word: Overrated.

1-27 against top-5 teams. LOL.

Date: January 04, 2011 08:48AM

Kilton Wrote:
> One word: Overrated.
>
> 1-27 against top-5 teams. LOL.

Over what period? I would to throw this back at one of my VT sycophant friends and have the details to back it up.

Date: January 04, 2011 08:50AM

Never mind - found it in another WaPo article.

Posted by: THE STATE OF VIRGINIA CRIES ()
Date: January 04, 2011 09:03AM

Here is the sight I find funny -

Neighborhood All American whose Daddy saw to it that he got on high school team over some kid who deserved it - or whose Momma agreed to perform all copy services for the school for the rest of her years -

Really is not good enough for anything.

Squeaks into Tech.

Because he has no other identity, decides to adopt Va Tech as his/her alter ego.

Alot of talking about Hokie this, Hokie that, Va Tech this and Va Tech that all through the Holidays.

Well, now that you have learned that Va Tech does not belong anywhere over 1-AA, could you please shut up.

Posted by: rob ()
Date: January 04, 2011 09:07AM

va tech will never EVER go to a bcs national championship. it isnt built to beat a top 20 team. they're like 0-30 vs top 25.

i say fire beamer and bring in mike leech.

Posted by: Yabels ()
Date: January 04, 2011 09:41AM

rob Wrote:
> va tech will never EVER go to a bcs national
> championship. it isnt built to beat a top 20 team.
> they're like 0-30 vs top 25.
>
> i say fire beamer and bring in mike leech.

Beamer will likely keep the team away from a BCS championship game. But c'mon Florida State, Miami, Maryland, other ACC teams: You guys couldn't do any better this year, so VT's loss in the Orange is the best you got.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: January 04, 2011 10:04AM

Kilton Wrote:
> One word: Overrated.
>
> 1-27 against top-5 teams. LOL.

I heard that stat on wtop this morning and thought it couldn't be correct. Well, yep, it is.

VT sucks.

Posted by: Les ()
Date: January 04, 2011 10:09AM

No team has a winning record against the top 5 for obvious reasons. There's a big gap between a top 5 Stanford and a 13th ranked VT in the size of their lines. VT needs bigger offensive line. Their defensive line is about 1 or 2 years away from getting a big upgrade in talent. They lost Rivers and Gibson at LB. They really need a top flight LB who can stop the run and provide pass coverage.

Date: January 04, 2011 10:15AM

If anyone cares, here is the article http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2011/01/02/AR2011010202522.html which confirms the record against Top 5 football teams.

From the article...

Offensive coordinator Bryan Stinespring, a member of Beamer's staff for 18 years, referred to the Hokies' record against elite foes as an "albatross," but was quick to point out that it isn't as if Virginia Tech hasn't had chances to win some of those games. The Hokies have lost by 11 points or less eight times during the streak.

Sorry, but 11 points is really not a close game - it is TWO scores!

There is no way the VT is ever going to do what UMD did to Friedgen as long as they continue to fill Lane Stadium and win or compete for the ACC Championship. In the meantime, I really wish that the VT people would just STFU for a while. You may have a great engineering school, but otherwise a middling higher ed institution when compared to UVA, W&M and even JMU.

Date: January 04, 2011 10:21AM

I don't think you could rank VT below JMU. Seriously.

UVA
W&M
VT
JMU
GMU

and below....

Date: January 04, 2011 10:23AM

Les Wrote:
> No team has a winning record against the top 5 for
> obvious reasons.

True, but there is a big difference between being close to .500 with a record like 13-15 and .035 at 1-27. This team is more than just a player or two away from competing on the same stage as Alabama, Ohio State, Auburn and Stanford. Few marquee players from outside Virginia and Maryland are going to pass on these and other Top 25 programs in order to play in Blacksburg, so unless there is a big talent pool lurking in the Commonwealth I think that VT will continue to be a good, but not great, football team that cannot win the big ones.

Posted by: Yung Ho Kee ()
Date: January 04, 2011 10:26AM

I was struck by the relative youth of VT's starting 22 (not that they necessarily will get demonstrably better in the ensuing years), starting a number of sophomores and at least one freshman. Stanford started no sophomores or freshmen.

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: January 04, 2011 12:37PM

Yung Ho Kee Wrote:
> I was struck by the relative youth of VT's
> starting 22 (not that they necessarily will get
> demonstrably better in the ensuing years),
> starting a number of sophomores and at least one
> freshman. Stanford started no sophomores or
> freshmen.

and that freshman (linebacker #58) went to Oakton HS. Didn't look particularly good to me.

Date: January 04, 2011 12:43PM

Gotta remember, college ball requires different expectations of the viewer. You essentially still have boys in helmets and pads. Some are very good and well developed (these are the ones who go in the NFL draft). Others were good in high school but will never, ever play a professional game. They're there to carry along the stars that will make the NFL.

I think that was the failure of Steve Spurrior. He organized a group of stars that were playing against boys. You do not have boys in the NFL.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2011 12:44PM by ITRADE.

Posted by: Rambunctious ()
Date: January 07, 2011 12:53AM

http://www.cfbtrivia.com/cfbt_records.php?fry=1800&thy=2010&yrk=on&yrr=on&yrl=01&yrh=5

The Hokies don't fare so well against top 5 teams, coming in 35th in the nation with a 7% winning record (2-26). Auburn is twice as good with 14% winning record (9-57-1) but way better than Wisconsin's 3% rate (2-62). Miami comes out on top with a whopping 30% win rate against top 5 opponents (18-42)

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:25AM

I'm astounded that people have expectations of the Hokies being elite at a national level. They dominate their conference, and win 10+ games a year for their fans. BUT it's in the ACC and they end up going against an elite team from another conference.

Percentages from years past are worthless. Was the team good this year? Did they win most of their games?

I can't see this as a letdown on any level.

Mediocre recruits+solid coaching= winning record in D1.

I am curious as to why VA schools can't hold onto in-state recruits. Bama, FLA, and PSU pillage VA for players every year. It's rare when the best VA players stay in-state. Tyrod was an exception. Look on rivals or scout dot com and look at where Top VA recruits went to school...It's a miracle tech was THIS good.

Posted by: Stinkfist ()
Date: January 07, 2011 02:26AM

^ edit to this. UVA has a very rare, talented recruiting class this year. New coaches?

Posted by: Kilton ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:25AM

Stinkfist Wrote:
> I'm astounded that people have expectations of the
> Hokies being elite at a national level.

It's just the mentality of DC-area sports fans. Look at all the Redskins excitement every year. Endless over-optimism. You don't see anything of the sort in real cities like Philly and Pittsburgh.

There must be something in the water.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.