HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPD business cards
Posted by: FCPD question ()
Date: December 31, 2010 04:28AM

i tried lokking for this information but could not find an answer anywhere online and was wondering if anyone here knows the answer: do FCPD officers have to provide you with their business card when asked?

i only ask because i was engaged by two officers and when we were done talking i asked for the cards and they refused? wasnt sure if this was ok for cops to do or not

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPD business cards
Posted by: cracker ()
Date: December 31, 2010 07:31AM

There are no laws that require them to give you a business card, but they must identify themselves with appropriate identification if they are asked, more particularly when they are approaching you for questioning, ticketing etc. Tread those grounds knowing that you may piss an officer off.

If you were just having conversation with an officer(s) about an incedent not related to you or that you had no caseworthy knowledge of, they would not want to be bothered by you calling to inquire about such.

If you were just beaten by your x-boyfriend, a witness to a crime, or the officer(s) thought you were hot, then yes, you would then get a business card.

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: December 31, 2010 12:54PM

Asking for a business card equates to " I want your name and badge number." Don't be a pussy or a fuck tard. Have the stones to ask the officer to his/her face for their name and badge number.

Posted by: ffx citizen ()
Date: January 02, 2011 12:17PM

They always give their business cards out when asked, so you probably were acting like a prick.

Posted by: Retired cop ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:01PM

Depends...

When I was a cop, I would hand out cards to anyone I met on happy terms. If I thought I had pissed em off and felt they might complain, I always had cards with a blank for the name. I would just write in one of my fellow officers names. It was hilarious.

Posted by: Making_stuff ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:05PM

Yikes. Pretty embarrassing that our taxes paid for your laughs.

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:19PM

Making_stuff Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yikes. Pretty embarrassing that our taxes paid for
> your laughs.

Because its so fucking hard to look at a name tag...

Posted by: hahaha ()
Date: January 03, 2011 08:45PM

"i was engaged by two officers" LOL!!!

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:08PM

I've never been refused a business card, unless someone doesn't have anymore.

Btw, I only ask for a business card of someone who I've had a good encounter with, as a simple way to remember who the person was, and to either contact them in the future, or to recommend them to other individuals seeking a service which they offer.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: January 03, 2011 09:09PM

Highlander Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Making_stuff Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Yikes. Pretty embarrassing that our taxes paid
> for
> > your laughs.
>
>
> Because its so fucking hard to look at a name
> tag...

Or to look at the summons/citation.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: fuzzymunkey ()
Date: January 04, 2011 07:11AM

Most Police Departments do not pay for officer's cards. Officers normally are not required to provide a business card when asked but are required to at least provide your their name and identifying number (not badge number). Also, they aren't required to write it for you or give you pen and paper to write it down. If you didn't smoke so much weed you could remember it.

They probably stopped you because you were doing something you weren't supposed to be doing anyway. Knock it off!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.