HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sun of God
Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: September 18, 2007 05:07AM

Believe this topic should have been posted in this section:

Re: Zeitgeist the Movie
Posted by: Job Beams (IP Logged)
Date: September 17, 2007 06:26AM

Thank you, Sun of God, for bringing this very interesting and informative video of the history of religion to us. It would be a splendid part of the County's SOL on critical thinking. I wish that it had been available when I took Anthropology of Religion. This video is an excellent one for all critical thinkers and those people interested in religious origins and its development. [zeitgeistmovie.com]

The video is brief and one may question its attribution. A great complement is Richard Dawkins' book, THE GOD DELUSION, which will provide greater detail and references. [richarddawkins.net]

N.B. This video is NOT for folks of "What is this crap" ilk ('Blow me'); some imagery is not suitable for the impressionable. All others should view with an open mind.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sun of God
Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: September 18, 2007 05:43AM

You are wrong it should have been posted in OFF TOPIC.

EoM

Posted by: Jester ()
Date: September 18, 2007 08:06AM

We don't care, as we expressed in the first post about this in the off-topic section.

Date: September 18, 2007 12:03PM

History of religion should be taught in the Fairfax County public schools. This issue is clearly one germane to Fairfax citizens. One local talk show host opined that the bible should be taught as a "work of literature" in the public schools. Do you want the bible, Koran, whatever taught in the County public schools? Albeit as a work of literature?

I realize that this topic is a "sacred cow" (no pun intended) and that it's "politically incorrect" to discuss religion in the USA--which, of course, is the real problem with the diverse religions competing. So, "G-Man" and "Jester," let's be a little more open minded and not so parochial--this topic is very much one worthy of Fairfax County open discussion.

Posted by: Tia2 ()
Date: September 18, 2007 12:44PM

Opinion

Whether or not religion is taught in the public school system is not important. What IS IMPORTANT is what the parents of the children attending these schools teach them.

Example - If I teach my children (if I had any) to believe in God and Jesus and the school teaches them evolution, then they will have questions. I hope that I would also raise my children to NOT BE AFRAID to ask questions, and that they would not only question the teacher, but come home and question me.

Teaching/showing/living faith is hard since it is intangible and a difficult concept for kids to grasp and hold onto. Any assistance I received by bringing the issue to the forefront in addition to creating wonder in my children's thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: September 22, 2007 12:55PM

Tia2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If I teach my children (if I had any)
> Any assistance I received by
> bringing the issue to the forefront in addition to
> creating wonder in my children's thoughts would be
> greatly appreciated.

imaginary children?

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: Job Beams ()
Date: September 23, 2007 08:20AM

Tia2 is very imaginative, creative, and, well, mysterious :-) Her education and natural intelligence have vastly raised the level of this thread. I think that her multicultural background is an asset and maybe someday she'll reveal more details about her persona. (Maybe I am one of her children).

Date: September 26, 2007 01:03PM

Gravis - yes. Imaginary children and quite frankly - I like it that way. By the way, imagination is a wonderful thing; right Job Beams?

Mr. JB - thank you for the compliments, even if you are not serious. Reading your post made me feel good - at least for today!

Posted by: Off Topic ()
Date: September 26, 2007 01:17PM

OFF TOPIC (and lame). What does Michael Riconoscutto think of Sun of God?

Date: September 26, 2007 01:43PM

Off Topic - if you are going to ask a question, and truly want an answer, at least get the spelling correct...

Michael Riconosciuto

Date: September 26, 2007 01:53PM

My apologies for misspelling the name of a drug producing, drug dealing sociopathic liar. Either way you knew who I was referring to. I assume I can go through all of your posts and verify you have never misspelled a word? But then again you are one of those smart "caucasions." I have never heard of that race, but you professed to be one on 9/24/2007!

Glass Houses, Tia2, Glass Houses! I believe you know the rest.

Date: September 26, 2007 01:56PM

But seriously, I would like to know what Michael Riconosciuto and Ted Gunderson think of Sun of God. Just post the answer in "Off Topic" where it belongs.

Posted by: Job Beams ()
Date: September 26, 2007 02:25PM

Considering the diversity of gods in Fairfax County (just drive down the Parkway to see the temples to the gods), I believe this topic is one for 80 percent of the County. The 20 percent of rational thinkers may be interested, also.

Date: September 26, 2007 04:04PM

Off Topic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But seriously, I would like to know what Michael
> Riconosciuto and Ted Gunderson think of Sun of
> God. Just post the answer in "Off Topic" where it
> belongs.

Made it so number 1! Check it out for yourself...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Posted by: no-cop ()
Date: October 02, 2007 06:50PM

Yes, great video, but this should be in Off-Topic as others said before.

Date: October 05, 2007 02:46PM

I was just wondering why this topic faded away. I would think that whether or not religion should be taught in the public school system would generate more discussion...

Date: October 05, 2007 04:10PM

Definitely a Fairfax County topic that should be integrated into the critical thinking program. THE GOD DELUSION (Dawkins) should be the basic text to explore the Christian bible, Koran, Book of Mormon, Da Vinci Code, etc.
Suggested Course Syllabus
Attachments:
IlluminatiPyramid_001.jpg

Posted by: no-cop ()
Date: October 05, 2007 06:40PM

Jimmy.

Where did you get that Illuminati pic?

Is there a website that details al the roles shown in the Structure.

Very intering indeed.

Date: October 05, 2007 08:47PM

I've gone too far...please excuse...the Opus Dei, Rosicrucians, Knights Templar, and the Illuminati don't want details revealed...
Attachments:
Templarsign.jpg

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: October 06, 2007 12:15AM

Attachments:
Illumakitty.jpg

Date: October 06, 2007 08:11AM

Damn!

Those darn pussy cats!

TheMeeper shall inherit the earth.

Peregrine Falcon Searching for
Pussy Cat
Attachments:
Falcon.jpg

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.