HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Best Divorce Lawyer in Nova?
Posted by: Elona Grenadier is a BITCH! ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:42PM

Elona Grenadier LOVES to 'FUCK UP' men, financially. Elona Grenadier, in Alexandria, is a suopreme BITCH! I've had friends of mine who had their ex's have Elona in court with them and she comes up with some unethical bullshit so she can win and then, she bills the shit out of the women she represents. Elona Grenadier should be disbarred!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Call Bobby! ()
Date: January 03, 2013 10:45PM

Robert B. Nealon - The Best Divorce Lawyer in Northern Virginia! - 703-684-5755

Posted by: Shoun Bach got me 90% ()
Date: January 04, 2013 09:19PM

Ripped my ex-wife a new a-hole. Ask for M.G. She is the very best and very professional.

Posted by: MarkS ()
Date: January 15, 2013 03:35PM

Please provide me some specifics as I am considering using her for my ugly divorce.

Ilona
Posted by: JoelD ()
Date: January 15, 2013 03:43PM

Can you please provide some details regarding your complaint with Ilona. I realize her rates are high, but I hear she is good and she can ahve associate prepare case and she oversees case and appears when needed.

Thanks
Joel

Posted by: Mr. X ()
Date: January 15, 2013 07:02PM

As a lawyer practicing in NOVA, (I would put my name here, but know better....) would recommend Dan Dannenbaum or Katherine Fogarty. Would've said Betty Thompson, legendary, but just recently passed away, still practicing into her 80's.
Roop as mentioned before is a good choice as well. There really are many good lawyers in that field, talk to a couple and find one you are comfortaqble with, that is probably more important than cost. You know what they say, divorce is expensive because it's worth it!

Posted by: Johnny Law ()
Date: January 15, 2013 07:48PM

HappeeOne Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Carl Horton in Oakton
> he rescued me from an abusive husband

Don't use Carl Horton, that dude is a Douche! Totally unprofessional. Not good reviews on him. I should have done more research before I used him!

Posted by: Been there ()
Date: January 24, 2013 04:52AM

I used Keira Schwartz last year after a neighbor used her too. She did a great job. Not cheap but did bill fairly. Made the process less stressful for me, put my needs first, and made me feel important as a client.

Posted by: Nicholas Balland ()
Date: January 24, 2013 08:11PM

Please call me 703 522 0597 so we can talk about my fees. If the money is good I will help. The more money the better job I do. God Bless

Posted by: Educator ()
Date: January 24, 2013 11:37PM

You have issues, likely small penis and large Scotch for too long, because what you're describing is not a "she" , but a " he" and a " dick" rather than a "bitch", you must also be the kind of lawyer who wants to make a quick buck playing on mainly stigma rather than fact. Go f()$&@ yourself!

Posted by: stubborn cunt ()
Date: February 03, 2013 11:32AM

Being a stubborn cunt, or what my husband likes to call me, I want a lawyer like you. It goes both ways and there are 2 sides. I make 2x the income and he came to the marriage with baggage of step-child and psycho wife. Oh, that makes me stupid...nevermind. Do you represent thos situations and, if not, where do I find the one who's going to protect me and my daughter from this asshole and have my best interests? I'm not the spoiled bitch housewife that is boo-hooing about it. I built my wealth and finances and I'll be damned if he's getting shit!

Posted by: Watching. ()
Date: February 05, 2013 11:40AM

Nicholas Balland Wrote:
> Please call me 703 522 0597 so we can talk about
> my fees. If the money is good I will help. The
> more money the better job I do. God Bless

I don't think you can ethically represent to the public "the more money, the better job" you do. Would the bar approve of that?

Posted by: Nick ()
Date: February 06, 2013 08:23AM

Well said, my ex-bitch fought me with a cheap ass attorney, while I was spending $500 an hour on a worthless overrated attorney. The results were devastating. I lost my kids which I shared 50/50 custody with for 2 years while we fought over them. Now I get them every other weekend. It destroyed my children and their confidence. Nobody wanted to hear from my children and what they wanted.
Then I lost every dollar I had left and it left me with a business that had no money to operate and borrowing money from everyone I could to try to stay afloat. The ex-bitch received hundreds of thousands, my kids, then married her co-worker that she had been cheating on me with after she received her asset payment of $340,000. This was money earned after the separation but the courts didn't care. The ex-bitch also makes $115,000 a year at her job and had a huge 401K.
I have no retirement, no kids and no working capital to show for having an expensive attorney.I also got stuck paying the taxes on the asset money the bitch received. I had already paid for my kids college using the 529-plan so she is set for life and I'm stuck working for life to just scrape by.
The moral of the story is fuck these attorneys that take your money and encourage all of this bullshit that cause you and your children a lifetime of stress.
The judge that handled my custody case was Judge Jan Brody, who in my opinion is the worst judge on the face of the earth. When my attorney learned who the judge would be, she commented that we were screwed because we got the "mother judge"

Judge Jan Brody couldn't see through my ex-bitches bullshit and was supposed to give our lawyers equal time but she gave the ex-bitches attorney almost twice the time we got. Judge Jan Brody is garbage in my opinion and ruins men and children's lives in order to make herself feel better. In my opinion she hates all men or she wouldn't have her bad reputation as the "mother judge".
My kids are in and out of counseling thanks to her and her reckless use of power.
Our legal system sucks and so do these bitches that can't be responsible and fair.

In short don't waste your money on an attorney because the results are always the same.

Posted by: lostsoul ()
Date: February 06, 2013 08:35AM

http://www.bernhardandgardner.com/

they were good decent price got in and out and got what i wanted and im a dude ^.^

Posted by: Sorry dude ()
Date: February 07, 2013 07:18AM

Nick Wrote:
> Well said, my ex-bitch fought me with a cheap ass
> attorney, while I was spending $500 an hour on a
> worthless overrated attorney. The results were
> devastating. I lost my kids which I shared 50/50
> custody with for 2 years while we fought over
> them. Now I get them every other weekend. It
> destroyed my children and their confidence. Nobody
> wanted to hear from my children and what they
> wanted.
> Then I lost every dollar I had left and it left me
> with a business that had no money to operate and
> borrowing money from everyone I could to try to
> stay afloat. The ex-bitch received hundreds of
> thousands, my kids, then married her co-worker
> that she had been cheating on me with after she
> received her asset payment of $340,000. This was
> money earned after the separation but the courts
> didn't care. The ex-bitch also makes $115,000 a
> year at her job and had a huge 401K.
> I have no retirement, no kids and no working
> capital to show for having an expensive attorney.I
> also got stuck paying the taxes on the asset money
> the bitch received. I had already paid for my kids
> college using the 529-plan so she is set for life
> and I'm stuck working for life to just scrape by.
> The moral of the story is fuck these attorneys
> that take your money and encourage all of this
> bullshit that cause you and your children a
> lifetime of stress.
> The judge that handled my custody case was Judge
> Jan Brody, who in my opinion is the worst judge on
> the face of the earth. When my attorney learned
> who the judge would be, she commented that we were
> screwed because we got the "mother judge"
>
> Judge Jan Brody couldn't see through my ex-bitches
> bullshit and was supposed to give our lawyers
> equal time but she gave the ex-bitches attorney
> almost twice the time we got. Judge Jan Brody is
> garbage in my opinion and ruins men and children's
> lives in order to make herself feel better. In my
> opinion she hates all men or she wouldn't have her
> bad reputation as the "mother judge".
> My kids are in and out of counseling thanks to her
> and her reckless use of power.
> Our legal system sucks and so do these bitches
> that can't be responsible and fair.
>
> In short don't waste your money on an attorney
> because the results are always the same.

Sorry dude. I had Judge Schell and he was awesome, wise, fair, and just a beautiful, beautiful human being. He should get the Nobel Peace Prize as far as I'm concerned. So glad I didn't get Judge Brodie or I'd be fck'd. Get some new p@ssy. That always helps make you feel better. Sorry, but kids are always fck'd either way in a divorce. Mine are now doped up on Risperdal thanks to my selfish cunt ex-wife.

Ilona Grenedier
Posted by: elizabeth ()
Date: March 15, 2013 06:22PM

I am go through a divorce with an extremely controlling man & I am scared. He will not cooperate. Wont do mediation. Had to get my own attorney and now wants to drag me into the retired judges with Ilona Grenedier. Does anyone know this will go? I am in a difficult situation with this.

Posted by: Paul Jordan ()
Date: March 25, 2013 05:43PM

Jim Korman or Christian Lapham at Bean, Kinney and Korman in Arlington. Great attorneys.

Posted by: SJC ()
Date: March 25, 2013 07:34PM

Paul Jordan Wrote:
> Jim Korman or Christian Lapham at Bean, Kinney and
> Korman in Arlington. Great attorneys.

I also used Christian Lapham. He is great! Totally made my ex wife's Attorney look like the douche he is!

Posted by: Ripped off ()
Date: March 26, 2013 08:41AM

On the recommendation of several friends and others, I used Susan Hicks, She was ineffective, hugely over-priced, and clearly was more concerned about runnung up an incredible bill than trying to get what I wanted out of the divorce. Told me I should not go to mediation, which I should have done months ago. I am still not finished yet--DO NOT HIRE HER!!!!

Posted by: just curious ()
Date: March 26, 2013 10:28AM

What did you want out of the divorce - or what were you trying to do that she didn't help you with?

Posted by: Pololo ()
Date: March 26, 2013 06:54PM

Fukke Johannson (pronounced fook-eh).The best ever.

Posted by: RJ ()
Date: April 26, 2013 12:05PM

Hi

I like your style and I'm recently divorce and would like to know how would you handle my ex since she constantly want to plan stuff doing my visition time? Can you give me more information regarding your background. Hopefully, I will hear from you soon, thanks

RJ

Posted by: TJE ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:40PM

Keira Schwartz absolutely rocks. She is awesome, knows the law, and makes pitbulls look like Weiner dogs. Kicked a highpowered firms but without batting an eye.

Posted by: TE ()
Date: May 20, 2013 04:41PM

Keira Schwartz absolutely rocks. She is awesome, knows the law, and makes pitbulls look like Weiner dogs. Kicked a highpowered firms but without batting an eye.

Posted by: smart guy ()
Date: May 20, 2013 06:57PM

You folks are too lazy to work on marriage, think it is easier to divorce. Seems like a lot of unhappy men on this thread. Some of you are stupid enough to get hitched more than once. Maybe it is "you" not your wife who are the losers. so what if your wife puts on a few pounds, you probably are not in "your high school football studley shape" anymore either. I know I am not, I look in the mirror.
My wife and I treat each other with respect. I know a good thing when I have it, and I am not going to screw it up.
Some of my buddies regret walking away from their OK marriages. The grass is not greener on the other side. Think again!!
Try to work things out.

Posted by: I go it ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:26PM

Gwena Kay Tibbits - 30 years in the courts, mainly Alexandria, she is tough and will deliver. There is no one better than Kay

Posted by: Happy Diva ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:45PM

you are an idiot if you think you can get good legal advice here.

Posted by: satisfied ()
Date: May 20, 2013 10:55PM

I have used Pikrallidas Law Offices - very happy.

I wound up with Kevin Wright but understand Demetry Pikrallidas will get back to divorces now that his is close to being done.

He is aggressive and mean as a snake - but extremely fair and flexible with fees.

Posted by: Arnold's housekeeper ()
Date: May 21, 2013 09:08AM

hey, you don't need a divorce lawyer. If Arnold and Maria can work thru it after what he did with me, you can work thru it too!!!
I am available to work in your home!!!

Posted by: Free ()
Date: May 21, 2013 06:52PM

Gwena Keycis the best

Posted by: ArAm ()
Date: June 05, 2013 08:11AM

yes, yes.. Demetry is mean as a snake. He not afraid of no one..Judges love him! they do anything for him. Pikrallidas is good and if you are a good looking guy is a bonus. He is one of the most powerful gay attorney in fairfax.. and is not afraid of no one! Demetry, my doors are always open for you..! you deserve to be happy!

Posted by: Agato ()
Date: June 05, 2013 08:25AM

Dear Snake:
I hate gay guys that want to be unhappy because they do not want the family to find out they are gay... People know.. stop pretending!!! With me you don't only have to get a piece of aXX.. i will take care of you! and you don't have to give me anything.. I know you are agressive.. I don't care....:) I wil not be here forever!

I love you

Your Snake

Posted by: XTkXV ()
Date: June 06, 2013 05:02PM

Bil N Wrote:
> J
You are
> going to get some services from them that you
> might not get with less expensive attorneys, and
> in an extremely close case they might be the
> difference. However for more run of the mill
> cases there are a great many of us "second tier"
> attorneys who can obtain about the same result at
> a much lower price.

Okay, what services do you get for the higher price? A more thorough investigation? More research? Backdoor connections to judges? And, conversely, does a lower-priced lawyer bill for more hours? Does he drag the case out longer (either to boost the bill or because doesn't know how to end it)? If a famous super-lawyer just writes a letter to the other side saying "Settle with us or we will crush you," and a prompt settlement occurs, does he charge less for the job than a cheaper guy who spends months going back to court? Just hypothetically, what is a realistic total price for a basic divorce for the average middle-class couple? And is there a mechanism for the couple themselves to sit down and work out a deal fair to both without paying zillions to lawyers?

Posted by: Old Lawyer ()
Date: June 07, 2013 07:47PM

Jim Cottrell or Joe Condo. These are the top two family law attorneys in NOVA.

Posted by: Screwed ()
Date: June 08, 2013 01:31PM

BEWARE: While Ilona Grenadier May have been one of the best divorce attorneys in the DC area many years ago — her reputation only precedes her. The sad TRUTH is, she is nothing more than a money grabbing SNAKE!

The best thing she does now is ... convince you that she cares, plays on your emotions, promises you the moon ... but not without immediately taking ALL your money in advance and leaves you to twist in the wind as she milks you dry.
She did this to me and then turned my case over to a completely incompetent minion attorney by the initials CA.

If I had $1,000 for every error I had to point out/correct in any number of pleadings, motions, e-mails to opposing counsel, etc. they produced... she'd owe me money!!!! And when I had finally had enough and decided to change attorneys, she even had the Fg hairs to try and charge me for MY work product to date!!!!

Furthermore, I am convinced that her 'scorched earth' MO is actually designed to take your case to trial (instead of settling) where she is guaranteed the big payday ... Not you!

If you think your Ex is gonna F you over — you haven't hired Ilona.

~jus sayin'

Posted by: Bout to get screwed ()
Date: June 08, 2013 04:29PM

What's a lawyer cost per hour? What's an average divorce cost? How long does this drag out? Is the one that files better off than the other?

Posted by: on some real levels ()
Date: June 10, 2013 09:49AM

Ilona looks pretty good for a 75 year old - or however old she is.

I'd hit it.

Posted by: outoftheblue ()
Date: August 21, 2013 11:18AM

Anyone hear how Catherine (Kate) Reese is? I too just found out about wife's longterm -ongoing-affair.

Posted by: Just Dealt with it ()
Date: August 21, 2013 11:45AM

Kate has a good rep, but she is on the top end expense wise. If you have absolute proof of adultery - need to be rock solid - then go with a cheap lawyer. This is the only case in VA when the man does not get fucked. It will be a fault divorce and she won't get shit!

Wish my ex would have cheated on me - the frigid, lazy, nonworking bitch got half of everything plus alimony for life - what happened to women being equal to men?

Posted by: Just Dealt with it ()
Date: August 21, 2013 11:45AM

Kate has a good rep, but she is on the top end expense wise. If you have absolute proof of adultery - need to be rock solid - then go with a cheap lawyer. This is the only case in VA when the man does not get fucked. It will be a fault divorce and she won't get shit!

Wish my ex would have cheated on me - the frigid, lazy, nonworking bitch got half of everything plus alimony for life - what happened to women being equal to men?

Worst divorce VA attornies
Posted by: Oakton VA Resident ()
Date: September 05, 2013 02:22PM

Absolute Worst Divorce Attorneys: Robin Adler, Carl Horton, Dana Carlson

Unprofessional, negligent, misrepresent, unethical, manipulative, dishonest, do not explain legal terms and get abusive when you ask for an explanation.

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 05, 2013 04:19PM

you could go online and get the form and both agree and fill it out, mail it to the court. wait the req. period of time. done. that simple.

(ie, through family or by mail if you all don't show respect to one another / argue)

it'd save you a boatload of money. lawyers are famous for making divorces take longer and sucking out all the money from both sides either of you would gain in a "fair settlement", by telling you lies about the "potential outcome"

i think VA is a "50/50" state, assuming your a VA resident to begin with.

if your not stop using our courts for free!! pay up.

so if you can agree without involving "forced settlement" do it. really forced settlements, enforced by the awsoem power of public police, should be left if one party simply refuses to pay debts that are more than, say, $500, that one can argue is owed by law.

Posted by: Legal Warning ()
Date: September 05, 2013 05:01PM

svennestle Wrote:
> you could go online and get the form and both
> agree and fill it out, mail it to the court. wait
> the req. period of time. done. that simple.

Then 5 years later find out that you are still married. That is some of the worst legal advice offered on this forum.

There are a number of attorneys who offer low cost divorces in Virginia, and some of them may have on line set ups. It is also possible to do it yourself. You don't need a lawyer if you are willing to take the time to learn how to do it right. The process you describe Sven isn't followed in Virginia.

If you have enough assets or debts to consider fighting over, you probably need to talk with an attorney. You may be able to work out the settlement terms on your own, but you should know what the rules are first.

Re: Worst divorce VA attornies
Posted by: H8Lawyers ()
Date: September 06, 2013 07:36AM

Oakton VA Resident Wrote:
> Absolute Worst Divorce Attorneys: Robin Adler,
> Carl Horton, Dana Carlson
>
> Unprofessional, negligent, misrepresent,
> unethical, manipulative, dishonest, do not explain
> legal terms and get abusive when you ask for an
> explanation.

Carl Horton for sure is horrible! Totally unethical and dishonest. My attorney make him look like a moron in court and it was nice to have my ex pay my attorney fees for BS charges Carl convinced her to file against me. Havent heard from her since!

The truth about divorce in Virginia
Posted by: Joseph A. Condo ()
Date: September 07, 2013 03:23AM

The truth about divorce in Virginia
http://www.fairfaxtimes.com/article/20130906/OPINION/130909479/1065/the-truth-about-divorce-in-virginia&template=fairfaxTimes

When Ken Cuccinelli sponsored legislation in 2008 to repeal Virginia’s no-fault divorce law for couples with children, he said, “This law has everything to do with the breakdown of the family. The state says marriage is so unimportant that if you just separate for a few months, you can basically nullify the marriage.”

Even though five years have passed since the bill was introduced, it is worth considering what it reveals about Mr. Cuccinelli’s approach to public policy.

The predicate for his legislation — the idea that no-fault divorce in Virginia allows people to casually and quickly end their marriages — is a myth. The head of a social conservative group, the Family Foundation, wrote approvingly of then-Sen. Cuccinelli’s legislation, saying, “It is time that Virginians agree that the 30-year experiment with unilateral, no-fault divorce has failed.”

In almost 40 years in practice I have yet to encounter a client for whom ending a marriage has been anything other than a wrenching decision. Furthermore, Virginia already has one of the lowest rates of divorce in the nation.

It’s also highly misleading to suggest that Virginia’s no-fault grounds allow for a quick divorce; in what I call “pure” no-fault states, a party can fill out a form citing “irreconcilable differences,” and after a very brief waiting period, the divorce is finalized. In Virginia, couples with minor children — for whom Cuccinelli says he wants to make it harder to get divorced — have to be separated for a year before the divorce can be filed. And if the couple hasn’t agreed on custody, property, or support issues, it can take several months, or even a year or more, for the divorce to finally be concluded. Most divorcing couples in Virginia use the year’s separation period to resolve all the legal issues relating to the breakup, so that by the time the year has passed, there is nothing to contest.

The other illusory assumption underlying this bill is that children would benefit if there were no no-fault grounds. Trapping individuals in desperately unhappy marriages for a longer period of time would result in even more emotional damage to their children and increases the risk that a bad marriage becomes dangerous.

It doesn’t take a psychological study (although there are dozens) to tell us that divorce is hard on children. The more adversarial a divorce, and the longer it drags on, the likelier it is that the stress on the children will increase exponentially.

Finally, one cannot ignore what this proposal says about Cuccinelli’s attitude toward Virginia women. Let’s face it: even with huge cultural changes over the past several decades, the financially-disadvantaged or abused spouse is still almost always the wife, and thus the negative effects of his legislation would fall disproportionately on women. Regrettably, this bill falls right in line with Cuccinelli’s unwillingness to support increasing child support, the Violence Against Women Act and women’s health access. A recent Washington Post report on his ties to “Fathers’ Rights” groups may also help explain Cuccinelli’s legislative history.

Cuccinelli’s proposal to repeal no-fault divorce is a good example of what happens when public policy is based on ideology, ill-informed pseudo-social science, wishful thinking, or all of the above. Not only is its ostensible purpose of keeping married people together a fraud, but it would increase the emotional and financial cost on individuals seeking a divorce and, worst of all, place their children at risk of unnecessary additional trauma from the breakup of their parents’ marriages. What’s scary is that this legislation is also a perfect example of Cuccinelli’s simplistic, ideology-driven and shortsighted philosophy of governing.

Joseph A. Condo is a family law attorney and the former president of the Virginia State Bar.

Posted by: bobbobby ()
Date: September 25, 2013 11:22AM

Anyone heard anything about a divorce lawyer named Roy Baldwin?

Posted by: svennestle ()
Date: September 25, 2013 04:16PM

get a form online.

be respectful and express respect to your x (so you don't argue, is why). agree on a sum. 1/2 of what, if there is anything to have 1/2 of.

file it. wait 6 mo.

do not cheat during it: you can get backlashed for what you do in court during those 6 mo.

===========================
if you get a lawyer by the time they are through lying to you and billing you there will be nothign left to get 1/2 of, deery. that's what i see people complain of allot.

on the other hand. if your disabled or there is something special like a owned company involved you might not want advice. but even with advice settle out of court if you can it's far cheaper.

go to court if the settlement needs enforcing

============================
are you a GUY? if so argue to get a male judge. i guarantee you fx courthouse clerk office et al is run by misandrous women and will assign a female judge if they can get away with it

fx courthouse is not known for being fair and biased.

is your x a gov worker and you are not? your screwed. she'll win. give up while you can.

Posted by: Gupta ()
Date: September 25, 2013 10:27PM

I would go with the DC hammer Mike Slocum...or Greenberg and Bederman

Posted by: happy client ()
Date: September 25, 2013 10:34PM

Sean O'Connell, actually in Arlington but he's very good. He has a crack team working for him but his rates are very low. He helped me out of a few tight spots on my divorce.

Posted by: Miss Happ ()
Date: September 25, 2013 11:08PM

Mike Hunthertz

Dick Inman

Anne Ullman

Dee Verse

Ivana Endiss

Farrah D. Well

Ali Monih

Les B. Ahn

Posted by: Been there ()
Date: September 26, 2013 07:58PM

I used Debra Powers from the Susan Hicks Group in Fairfax. She was excellent and she helped me sort through some important financial issues for the property settlement. At a court ordered mediation session before things were finalized, the court's representative complimented Ms. Powers on her knowledge of complex inheritance laws and he looked right into my ex's face and said "she just cost you a bundle." Fees to me were clearly explained up front and well within what was discussed. (At the time, she was significantly less per billable hour than Susan Hicks, but this was five years ago.) She was supportive, not combative, and as long as progress was being made, she was pleasant towards my ex and his lawyer. Once they started stonewalling, she pulled out the stops. I highly recommend.

Posted by: Johnny Cochran ()
Date: September 26, 2013 09:49PM

Bil N Wrote:
> Joe Condo, Mark Sandground, David Masterman,
> Kathleen O'Brien, Jim Cottrell, Betty Thompson,
> Richard Colten, Robert Shoun, Glenn Lewis, Marty
> Gannon and a few others. Most of these people are
> going to charge upwards of $500 per hour.
>
> The big question is do you really need THE BEST?
> Is there something about your case that requires
> you to incur a six figure legal bill in order to
> separate your property and resolve custody and
> support issues? Don't get me wrong: There is a
> reason why these guys get the big money. You are
> going to get some services from them that you
> might not get with less expensive attorneys, and
> in an extremely close case they might be the
> difference. However for more run of the mill
> cases there are a great many of us "second tier"
> attorneys who can obtain about the same result at
> a much lower price.

Betty Thompson = dead
Glen Lewis = disbarred or suspended (search of google if you don't believe me)

i wouldnt hire any of those others. I don't know Kathleen O'Brien, but all the others are old. In my experience, older attorneys are overpriced (400+ per hour) and are lazy. They will bluster and go on and on in court, they will tell you everything you want to hear, but in many cases, they are looking to maximize their billing when most of what you will get could be obtained by a younger attorney who is hungry.

I advocate going for someone with about 5-7 years of experience. Such a person is probably still hungry and not completely burned out. Talk to the potential attorney - make sure it is someone you feel comfortable with - you want someone who will tell you the law not be quick to do whatever you say.

Be careful though - divorce is the easiest area of law to practice (one code section) and is usually practiced by the worst attorneys. There are some good ones, but you should definitely shop around.

Good luck!

Johnny Cochran

Posted by: allahddd ()
Date: September 26, 2013 09:55PM

Yeah, she is an old cunt. Her technique is to attempt to bully her opposing counsel by claiming unethical conduct. She is awful. Terrible attorney.

Posted by: Tough One ()
Date: September 28, 2013 05:35PM

Phil Suckoluski.

Posted by: Been There ()
Date: October 01, 2013 01:57PM

outoftheblue Wrote:
> Anyone hear how Catherine (Kate) Reese is? I too
> just found out about wife's longterm
> -ongoing-affair.

Did not have a good experience with Kate Reese. Way overbilled and I owed tens of thousands of dollars and got the same result had I settled earlier with what the other side was offering. Run far away from her.

Posted by: I was also there ()
Date: October 22, 2013 10:40PM

Hi Been There,

I was wondering if you could contact me since I had a similar situation with the same attorney(Catherine "Kate" Reese) a few years back. At least I now know it wasn't a personal thing against me! I was wondering if you could email me so we could discuss some things.

I didn't want to put my real email public here so I made this account: lookingfornovadivorceattorney@gmail.com

Thanks

Posted by: JW Grenadier ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:21PM

Ilona Ely Freedman Grenadier Heckman is guilty of being involved in , Perjury, Obstruction of Justice, Aiding and abetting obstruction of Justice, Fraud on the Court, Involvement of Forgery, Theft of money from the Sonia Grenadier Trust account through her law office for great personal gain over $10 Million in Real Estate, Theft of Herman Grenadier, malpractice, Bribery, Abuse of her Oath of Office, Conspiracy, Collusion, Miscarriage of Justice, preventing Due Process, conflict of interest – related to the practice of law, violating code of ethics, has liability to her victims, has violated Plaintiffs Religious, Political, United state Constitutional, Virginia Constitutional and Civil Rights, Breach of Fiduciary Duties, RULES OF PROFESSIONAL CONDUCT, Title 18 US code 241 Conspiracy against rights, and 242 Deprivation of rights under color of law, Retaliatory & Retribution actions, Treason, Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964 Title VI, 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq., was enacted as part of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, 18 USC§ 912. With her Intention to 18 USC § 1341 -Frauds and swindles, Defraud, Breach of Contract, Arbitrary and Capricious behavior, Committed Fraud on the Court, § 18.2-498.3. Misrepresentations prohibited, § 18.2-172 - Forging, uttering, etc., other writings et al.

That the Old Boy Network, judicial system in Virginia is trying to protect her and themseleves - and ignore the evidence.

The state of Virginia is rated 47th and 49th in

corruption in two different independent studies. The links for these studies:
VirginiaRated 47th and 49th in Corruption - Daily Beast rated Virginia second most Corrupt State http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article/region_survey_finds_virginia_second_most_corrupt_state987/ -
State Integrety Gave them an F - 47th most corrupt States - http://www.stateintegrity.org/virginia

The following aided and abetted in the Obstruction of Justice

Supreme Court of Virginia, Circuit Court Judges - Haddock (who "LOVES" her), Kemler, Dawkins, Clark, Fortkort, McGrath, Brown, Potter, Kent General Dist Judge McCue, Federal Judge Gerald Bruce Lee, Commonwealth Attorney Randy Sengel, Commonwealth Clerk of Court Ed Semonian, Attorneys - Ben DiMuro, John Tran, Heather Collyer, Michael Weiser, the City of Alexandria Police Department, the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia JIRC, the Courts of Justice, Senator Patsy Ticer, Martha Kent and other State & Government Officials, Family David Grenadier, Andrea Grenadier Rachel/Robin Grenadier, Erika Freedman Grenadier Lewis have
EMPOWERED ILONA in her illegal and criminal actions that are willful acts that are malicious, violent, oppressive, fraudulent, wanton and grossly reckless !

The actions of Ilona can be traced and backed by documents: Legal documents, letters from attorneys on attorney letter head stationary and documents filed in the courts

I have attached my response to her interest in Intervening in my divorce - which is now on appeal to even get a Judge that is not corrupt. She has a lot of Power!
Attachments:
Divorce Response Final Final  to Interven of Grenadier Sept 16, 2013.docx

Posted by: JW Grenadier ()
Date: November 05, 2013 04:23PM

You can read more about Ilona Grenadier and her law firm at http://valaw2010.blogspot.com/

Her and other divorce attorney's moto's are to first look how much money can be made - 2nd not settltment till their is no money left for the lawyers -

Posted by: Dan DePrez ()
Date: November 18, 2013 03:53PM

You are mistaken in recommending Colleen Sweeney. She is your spouse's best friend. Either you have no experience with her or you are a paid shill.

Date: November 18, 2013 06:16PM

JW Grenadier Wrote:
> Ilona Ely Freedman Grenadier Heckman is guilty of
> being involved in , Perjury, Obstruction of
> Justice, Aiding and abetting obstruction of
> Justice, Fraud on the Court, Involvement of
> Forgery, Theft of money from the Sonia Grenadier
> Trust account through her law office for great
> personal gain over $10 Million in Real Estate,
> Theft of Herman Grenadier, malpractice, Bribery,
> Abuse of her Oath of Office, Conspiracy,
> Collusion, Miscarriage of Justice, preventing Due
> Process, conflict of interest – related to the
> practice of law, violating code of ethics, has
> liability to her victims, has violated Plaintiffs
> Religious, Political, United state Constitutional,
> Virginia Constitutional and Civil Rights, Breach
> of Fiduciary Duties, RULES OF PROFESSIONAL
> CONDUCT, Title 18 US code 241 Conspiracy against
> rights, and 242 Deprivation of rights under color
> of law, Retaliatory & Retribution actions,
> Treason, Title VI Civil Rights Act of 1964
> Title VI, 42 U.S.C. 2000d et seq., was enacted as
> part of the landmark Civil Rights Act of 1964, 18
> USC§ 912. With her Intention to 18 USC § 1341
> -Frauds and swindles, Defraud, Breach of
> Contract, Arbitrary and Capricious behavior,
> Committed Fraud on the Court, § 18.2-498.3.
> Misrepresentations prohibited, § 18.2-172 -
> Forging, uttering, etc., other writings et al.
>
>
> That the Old Boy Network, judicial system in
> Virginia is trying to protect her and themseleves
> - and ignore the evidence.
>
> The state of Virginia is rated 47th and 49th in
>
> corruption in two different independent studies.
> The links for these studies:
> VirginiaRated 47th and 49th in Corruption - Daily
> Beast rated Virginia second most Corrupt State
> http://www.loudountimes.com/index.php/news/article
> /region_survey_finds_virginia_second_most_corrupt_
> state987/ -
> State Integrety Gave them an F - 47th most corrupt
> States - http://www.stateintegrity.org/virginia
>
> The following aided and abetted in the Obstruction
> of Justice
>
> Supreme Court of Virginia, Circuit Court Judges
> - Haddock (who "LOVES" her), Kemler, Dawkins,
> Clark, Fortkort, McGrath, Brown, Potter, Kent
> General Dist Judge McCue, Federal Judge Gerald
> Bruce Lee, Commonwealth Attorney Randy Sengel,
> Commonwealth Clerk of Court Ed Semonian, Attorneys
> - Ben DiMuro, John Tran, Heather Collyer, Michael
> Weiser, the City of Alexandria Police Department,
> the Virginia State Bar, the Virginia JIRC, the
> Courts of Justice, Senator Patsy Ticer, Martha
> Kent and other State & Government Officials,
> Family David Grenadier, Andrea Grenadier
> Rachel/Robin Grenadier, Erika Freedman Grenadier
> Lewis have
> EMPOWERED ILONA in her illegal and criminal
> actions that are willful acts that are malicious,
> violent, oppressive, fraudulent, wanton and
> grossly reckless !
>
> The actions of Ilona can be traced and backed by
> documents: Legal documents, letters from attorneys
> on attorney letter head stationary and documents
> filed in the courts
>
> I have attached my response to her interest in
> Intervening in my divorce - which is now on appeal
> to even get a Judge that is not corrupt. She has
> a lot of Power!

There is a good deal out there on your complaint that was written by you, or which quotes things you have written. Perhaps you would care to share something about it written by a neutral party, such as one of the judges who have heard your case.

Posted by: Sick of this process ()
Date: November 22, 2013 10:55PM

Anyone know what the outcome is in property settlement when there is adultery? Still 50-50 then?

Posted by: Ram Narayan ()
Date: December 02, 2013 07:05PM

As a client who is concerned about rate and quality representation this is the right choice. Chris Lapham, Bean Kinney, Sris at Sris Law Group are the lawyers I have used and they are both in the $350 per hour range and definitely know what they are doing. I think it is crazy to spend $500 per hour for a divorce when what you really need is a lawyer who is going to fight for you. Both these guys go to bat for you without any hesitation. Initially I spoke to one of Sris law group customer service person at around 8 o clock in the evening. He fixed an in person appointment for me to meet with attorney Sris. After meeting with Mr. Sris I was really comfortable with his knowledge and experience. I am glad that I hired him. Now I am in peace. I also used Chris Lapham once, he did a good job As well. Great value for money.

Posted by: H8MyEx ()
Date: December 03, 2013 07:08AM

Sick of this process Wrote:
> Anyone know what the outcome is in property
> settlement when there is adultery? Still 50-50
> then?

Yes, regardless, property division is still 50-50.

Posted by: Jack damiao ()
Date: December 15, 2013 03:42PM

Re Katherine M. Fogarty AKA Kate Fogarty,you don't want to know her,she's a real bitch,and quite the skank too.

Posted by: Fairfax_Joe ()
Date: December 17, 2013 05:26AM

Dorothy M. Isaacs

from the law firm

Surovell Isaacs Petersen & Levy PLC
4010 University Drive
Second Floor
Fairfax, VA 22030
Phone: 703-648-8279

http://www.smillaw.com/Attorneys/Dorothy-M-Isaacs.shtml

She is expensive but you get what you pay for with lawyers.

Posted by: Rocco ()
Date: December 18, 2013 12:07PM

I can personally save you a lot of time and tell you to contact Jerry Curran.

That's - Gerald Curran - in Fairfax right accross from the Fudruckers on 123. One of the best divorce attorneys around.

Posted by: Name is Optional ()
Date: December 24, 2013 09:12PM

Lawyers are a dime a dozen. Too bad Shoun/Bach has gotten so bad (by reputation)-did you hear their radio ads....? What a train wreck!

Posted by: Clarity ()
Date: December 29, 2013 06:07PM

Shoun Bach is definitely still one of the best out there. All around.

Posted by: Sloop ()
Date: December 30, 2013 12:39PM

Gerald Curran.

Damn good attorney.

Posted by: gwdh ()
Date: January 03, 2014 01:37AM

Best divorce firm in the area is Ain & Bank. The office is in DC but they have people licensed in Virginia. These people are high end divorce attorneys that handle the biggest cases. They are not lawyers with a "junkyard dog" reputation. They will be much scarier to your spouse's lawyer than a junkyard dog.

Posted by: CJ ()
Date: January 03, 2014 07:30AM

Molly Garrett at Shoun Bach is simply the best.

Posted by: REM ()
Date: January 04, 2014 08:21PM

What makes you say she is so good?

Posted by: REM ()
Date: January 05, 2014 12:55PM

Why do you say they are so good?

Posted by: Fairfaxhomeowner ()
Date: January 21, 2014 05:25PM

I have used Mike Ward in Fairfax. He is very competent and fair. I liked him a lot
and have recommended him.

Posted by: Truth for the shallow ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:32PM

There is no best divorce lawyer in Virginia. Divorce is your failure to choose wisely. If you did choose wisely, there is good reason not to divorce.

The exception is the tyranny of your government AKA Obamacare whereby you are left no options.

Posted by: LOLzerz ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:40PM

Smith and Wesson worked wonders for me.

Posted by: Brenda m ()
Date: January 21, 2014 08:41PM

Kevin Wright is a decent lawyer and good guy

Posted by: JWG ()
Date: February 05, 2014 05:33PM

Ilona Ely Freedman Grenadier Heckman - you can read about her at valaw2010.blogspot.com She hates Catholics / Christions - this is an e-mail she was involved in to me - She is a lier - lies in court documents -and the Judges support it - Especailly two Jewish ones - Supreme Court Justice Cynthia Kinser and Cheif Judge Lisa Kemler of the City of Alexandria - who are in collusion with her to promote Favortisma and Cronyism in the State of Virginia Courts -

LeahLax1234@ao.com

Tue, Dec 24, 2013 at 10:39 AM
To: jwg@xxx.com
you know what YOU DIDN"T HELP JEWS YOU ARE THE KIND THAT WOULD TURN THEM IN BECAUSE ONE PERSON DID SOMETHING TO YOU THAT WAS JEWISH. YOU MADE YOUR BED AND YOU LIED IN IT ! THIS FAMILY REJECTED YOU FOR NOT BEING JEWISH. YOU STUPID GOY. YOU WERE REJECTED .. GET THAT INTO YOUR THICK SKULL. NOW YOU ARE MAKING UP STORIES AND SPREADING LIES! BLAMING ALL JEWS LIKE HITLER FOR NOT LIVING ON EASY STREET. WELL GET OFF YOUR ASS. GOOD YOU LOST ALL YOUR MONEY MAKES YOU HUMBLE. AND GOOD YOU GOT A WHIPPING FROM A JEWISH LAWYER WHO WAS SMARTER THEN YOURS. GOOD FOR HER. I WOULD HIRE HER IN A HEART BEAT. SHE WENT AFTER A JEW HATING NAZI AND SHE WON. AND I HOPE SHE GAVE HER GRANDSON A GOOD TALKING TO FOR MARRYING A GOY IN THE FIRST PLACE AND HE SHOULD HAVE KEPT HIS ZIPPER UP AND NOT HAVE HAD SEX WITH A MENTALLY SICK PIECE OF CRAP LIKE YOU.
YOU ARE THE NAZI WORSE A MUSLIN LOVING NAZI! YOU HATE YOURSELF THAT IS WHY YOU HATE JEWS YOU ARE BLOCKED! - The Words of Presidential candidate Leah Lax et al -
I do not think your organization would want to be a party to this -

Her campaign which has been raising funding and traveling all over has never filed a disclosure with the FEC - I have attached my complaint with them as well as a Restraining and Injuction Request in Federal Court -

Posted by: Divorced Twice ()
Date: February 10, 2014 10:30AM

When I got divorced I interviewed and researched a lot of Fairfax lawyers:

Here are some of the best ones, best I could tell: David Roop (not inexpensive but very good), David Masterman, Susan Hicks, John Byrnes, Susan Butler and Keenan Goolsby at Shoun firm. And Gerry Curran and Grant Moher in Fairfax.

Only advice is don't hire anyone who isn't a full-time divorce lawyer - my first lawyer said he handled "lots of divorces" but he did a lot of other things, and I had to change lawyers.
And I think all the posters here are right about Ilona Grenade-launcher -

Re: Ilona Grenedier
Posted by: hadenough ()
Date: February 16, 2014 03:43PM

A very good attorney is David Ginsberg of Cooper, Ginsberg, Gray. He has a bachelor degree in finance which is extremely helpful in a divorce. Also, makes wise and fair decisions.

Posted by: Cranky ()
Date: February 17, 2014 12:17PM

My ex hired Robin E. Adler as her attorney.

Adler was a bitch to deal with, she constantly filed motions against me thus jacking up legal bills. While she couldn't even file her responses in time and when the hearing was scheduled in front of a judge that she didn't like or perhaps the one who didn't like her, she would pretend that she fell and hurt herself and get the hearing rescheduled.

Not a attorney you want to see in family court.

Posted by: Cranky2 ()
Date: February 27, 2014 11:34AM

Whatever you do don't hire Christian Lapham in Arlington - he never returns calls

Posted by: H8Court ()
Date: February 28, 2014 07:55AM

Cranky2 Wrote:
> Whatever you do don't hire Christian Lapham in
> Arlington - he never returns calls

You must be a real pain in the ass client because Christian is about the most professional attorney you will ever find. He's been nothing short of excellent for me and really stuck it to my ex's attorney. I've never had any issues with him never getting back to me.

Posted by: Bi-Polar Ex ()
Date: March 19, 2014 01:41PM

sounds like you have a "good plan"...do you hate ALL women or just the rotten ones? I'd love to have you do that to my Bi-Polar, Narcissistic, Agoraphobic Sociopath husband...

Posted by: Jason Swango ()
Date: March 27, 2014 09:02AM

We believe hands down the best divorce and custody lawyers in Fairfax Virginia

THE FIRM FOR MEN (www.Thefirmformen.com)

The only law firm that EXCLUSIVELY represents men in VIRGINIA with offices in Fairfax next to the courthouse.

Call them today at 703-940-9567

THESE GUYS ARE WHO YOU WANT IF YOU ARE A MAN - THEY DO NOT REPRESENT WOMEN IN FAMILY LAW MATTERS EVER

Divorce Lawyer Fairfax Virginia For Men

Posted by: So Curious ()
Date: March 27, 2014 05:10PM

What are your suggestions for a tort case against the ex-mistress of one's husband? She's such an over-achiever that not only did she knowingly have a 3 year affair with a married man, she took him to Spain to meet her family and then chose to have a baby with the man. Of course, the pregnancy was an "accident" and she recently sued for child support. Now she is trying to give him a hard time about visitation with his own child. If you have not guessed, I am the spouse whose life has been turned upside down in the past 6 months. The man already had three children with me. I understand there is no "alienation of affection" option in Virginia any longer, but there MUST be something on the level of tort law that can be used against her since she has ruined my life, my kids lives and continues to be unreasonable and unapologetic. Please don't tell me to "get over it" because I have, but my kids won't. If a drunk driver turned your life upside down, a jury might award a multi-million dollar award, so how is this any different? It was not an accident, it was planned, and it was with malice.

Date: March 27, 2014 05:41PM

Your best chance might be to try to sue her in North Carolina. They still recognize alienation of affection.

The problem with your DWI analogy is if a drunk driver killed your husband, chances are he didn't have your husband's permission. Your husband is the one who owed you a duty of fidelity. He is the one who violated that duty. Your complaint is against him and the place to pursue it is in the divorce action.

Posted by: MaryK ()
Date: May 14, 2014 08:29AM

Why do you have to do that? People are sincerely looking for a divorce attorney and to pretend you are three different people is just being a jerk.

Posted by: Janice ()
Date: June 18, 2014 03:02AM

This isn't true. The firm does represent women!!

Posted by: Bobby ()
Date: July 04, 2014 02:16AM

Looking for a really tough lawyer

i need enforcement attorney
Posted by: Hania ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:32AM

I am making an inquiry about possible representation to enforce terms of my dissolution agreement with my former husband. Please advise if you handle such case, I will also need a referral if this case is not within your line of practice.

Hania

Re: i need enforcement attorney
Posted by: Hania ()
Date: October 25, 2014 05:35AM

Good Day,

I am making an inquiry about possible representation to enforce terms of my dissolution agreement with my former husband. i require a lawyer to handle such case or a referral if this case is not within your line of practice.

Get back to me through my private eMail address: haniamrs31@gmail.com

Yours Truly,
Hania

Posted by: Burned ()
Date: October 25, 2014 08:47AM

stay away from Ilona grenadier.
Rude, arrogant, unprofessional, will take all your money and you get poor results
She charges $700hr , drives a convertible Bentley. Stay away

Posted by: burned also ()
Date: November 06, 2014 05:40PM

Agreed! She is taking me to court and doing things that my ex isn't even aware of. I don't know how to come to a conclusion with the two of them because she doesn't compromise. Just drags it out and costs both parties a ton of money. Very unprofessional

Posted by: j6VMu ()
Date: November 06, 2014 07:07PM

none of those mother fuckers

all probalby get money from the county and bow to it's agenda

DOWNLOAD THE FORM. TREAT OTHER SPOUSE RESPECTFULLY, FILL OUT. MAIL IN

DONE: FOR $15 all said and done

it's well known fx co lawyers will fleece both sides of suits, making "fine promises of success", until both owe so many fees there is not only nothign to split but a debt on top

go ahead looser, do it the looser way, have a "dispute"

Posted by: Enid Thompson ()
Date: January 06, 2015 03:14PM

Okay, I'm now qualified to have an opinion on a number of family law attorneys and will provide it if desired. In particular, I too can provide useful data with the Hicks law group , especially Susan Hicks and her apparent consistent strategy Which may not work for you depending on what side you're on. She's certainly not a girls girl,completely overrated, and clearly overpriced.
There are others to whom I have more knowledge and experience than I would like to and they are Mark Sandground,Richard Byrd, Glen Lewis, Dan Dannenbaum,John Angus,Sammy Knight,and David Duff. Lewis is gone and Byrd may be soon if not already. Mark Sandground should be gone and is no barracuda anymore, not for some time. Watch out for a David Duff no matter who you are but you better have a lot of money. If you don't it's likely you won't get the time of day. But you won't figure that out until after you've paid a modest 10k retainer. What comes next ....

Posted by: been there 2 ()
Date: January 14, 2015 04:58PM

Forget BRIAN HIRSCH... his main concern is MONEY... he settled with opposing lawyer to let my child be relocated outside of the USA WITHOUT consulting me beforehand and WITHOUT even bothering to argue this critical issue in court. Long story. Caveat emptor.

Pages: Previous123AllNext
Current Page: 2 of 3

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.