HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Joy Keo
Posted by: Lyndsay ()
Date: December 16, 2010 10:55AM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/12/15/AR2010121506798.html?hpid=moreheadlines

Joy Keo, paralyzed after being shot by boyfriend in 1982, dies of respiratory illness at 45

By Emma Brown
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, December 15, 2010; 8:21 PM

Joy Keo's on-again, off-again boyfriend took her one summer afternoon in 1982 to a shallow grave he had dug. She would end up in that hole, he told her, if she continued to try to break up with him.

Six weeks later, he was in a rage when he tracked down Ms. Keo, then 17, at a friend's house in Oakton. He broke through the door of a bedroom where she had taken refuge and flashed a handgun, yelling "You're gonna die, bitch!" before shooting her four times.

She bled for two hours before police found her, then spent seven weeks fighting to survive. Doctors saved her life, but not her spinal cord: Ms. Keo was paralyzed from the neck down.

Her case riveted Washington for months. But the headlines eventually faded, and Ms. Keo's efforts to fashion a life continued in private. She was 45 when she died Dec. 8 of a respiratory illness at her home in Alexandria.

A striking Thai American beauty, she had been a popular honor student, cheerleader and soccer player at J.E.B. Stuart High School in Fairfax County. Her 19-year-old boyfriend, Chuck Brewer, had been deemed "most attractive" in the Stuart yearbook.

After the pair started dating, Ms. Keo fell out of touch with her wide circle of friends. "It was a really passionate relationship that kind of exploded," said Janis Kupferer, a friend of Ms. Keo's from high school. "She became very isolated."

Within months, Ms. Keo had left school, despite her mother's objections. She ran away with Brewer to Florida, where he became increasingly possessive and aggressive, she later told reporters.

At one point, he tied her to a bed and gagged her, she said. When he untied her, he punched her and broke her nose.

Ms. Keo fled home to Virginia, and her mother filed charges against Brewer of contributing to the delinquency of a minor. A Fairfax judge ordered Brewer to stop making contact with Ms. Keo, but he continued to call her, threatening to commit suicide if she wouldn't see him. She couldn't manage to cut off contact.

"She was the rescuer," her mother told The Washington Post in 1983. "He would tell her, 'You are the only person who understands.' "

Ms. Keo had avoided Brewer's phone calls Aug. 28, 1982, the day he shot her.

In the months that followed, local media covered each turn in the story.

Brewer pleaded guilty to his crimes and was sentenced to 50 years in prison; three months later, Ms. Keo donned a white cap and gown and triumphantly graduated with her class at Stuart.

"I think to myself, if I kept myself alive when everybody else had no faith in my living, then I can overcome anything," Ms. Keo told The Post on her graduation day.

In 1985, Ms. Keo successfully sued Brewer for damages, and the resulting $30 million judgment made headlines.

Then the case fell out of the news.

Brewer was released from prison in 1990, after serving eight years of his sentence. He never paid the millions he owed Ms. Keo. He married and had children, his brother Craig Brewer said.

Chuck Brewer could not be reached for comment. His father, Charles Brewer Sr., declined to be interviewed.

"Some things I guess you like to forget," he said. "It's just a sad tragedy."

Joy Keophumihae was born June 27, 1965, in Bangkok. Her father was a native of Thailand; her mother was a Peace Corps volunteer there.

Ms. Keophumihae (pronounced gow-poom-ha), who often went by the shortened version of her surname, was young when her family moved to Northern Virginia. Her parents divorced, and her father returned to Asia, becoming estranged from his children.

Ms. Keo was largely raised by her mother, Marion Keophumihae, who spent her career working with victims of domestic violence. She said in an interview Wednesday that she fears people still don't realize how many women are abused.

"It's an epidemic," she said, "and we need to acknowledge that."

Besides Ms. Keo's parents, survivors include her younger sister, Malai Keophumihae of Richmond.

After graduating from high school, Ms. Keo attended George Mason University and Northern Virginia Community College. Then she set off for the Western United States, where she had landed a spot at the University of California at Berkeley.

It was a difficult move, and she stayed one year before returning home. Even with 24-hour-care offered by the university, managing school and daily life so far away from family turned out to be overwhelming. "She tried things," her mother said, "but it was just too much."

About 1990, Ms. Keo took a course in computer programming at a rehabilitation center near Charlottesville. There she met Michael Yeoman, who would become her boyfriend and caregiver for most of the rest of her life.

"She would always stare at me when I was waiting in the cafeteria line," said Yeoman, 44, who was taking an engineering course at the time. "She was always happy and smiling, didn't let being in a wheelchair bother her."

Ms. Keo was able to use a mouth stick, and later dictation software, to operate computers, and she got a job at the Census Bureau in the mid-1990s. But her handicapped-accessible van broke down. Ms. Keo couldn't afford to fix it, Yeoman said, and couldn't get to the office. She left the Census Bureau and lived on disability assistance.

Yeoman worked odd jobs and helped take care of her until 2003, when he began to receive state payments to care for her full time.

Money was often tight for Ms. Keo, whose friends and relatives tried in vain to extract monthly payments from Chuck Brewer.

"He had no money; he had no job," Craig Brewer said. "He basically didn't have any monetary ways to pay her."

Ms. Keo was in dire financial straits and in danger of losing her home when Craig Brewer proposed a deal: He would pay for Ms. Keo's housing for the rest of her life if she agreed to waive the $30 million owed her.

She took that offer and had lived with Yeoman since the late 1990s in an Alexandria condominium paid for by Craig Brewer.

For the past decade, Ms. Keo had spent most of her time in bed. The Internet became her portal to the outside world: She reconnected with old friends on Facebook and made new ones playing online games.

She had struggled in recent years to keep her spirits up and had become less willing to keep up with medications, doctor visits and physical therapy, Yeoman said. It became increasingly difficult for her to leave her bed.

Yeoman said Ms. Keo made her last outing in the summer of 2009, when she and Yeoman and a friend from high school, Julie Houk, went to see 1980s pop star Pat Benatar perform at Wolf Trap.

"We never really rehashed the past. We just talked about what she was doing and how life was," Houk said. "I never got the sense that she felt sorry for herself."

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Joy Keo
Posted by: :( ()
Date: December 16, 2010 11:03AM

I was not familiar with this story. It is very sad and makes me a bit angry towards the perp. Amazing, he is out of jail, remarried with a family, his brother bails him out by picking up the tab and buying Keo the house. What a fuckin' loser Chuck Brewer. There is a warm spot in hell for you shithead.

Posted by: Moose ()
Date: December 16, 2010 12:15PM

I had not known of this either. So terribly sad.
Why in the world are some people so damn evil?! Karma needs to catch up with his a**!!!

Posted by: Used To Work For Them ()
Date: December 16, 2010 12:29PM

I used to work for the Brewer's when they owned the Athletic House back in teh late 80's. Mr. B drove a brand new Mercedes and Craig drove the same make and model. Mr. B had several houses, one in West Virginia (so he wouldn't have to pay personal property in Virginia, no doubt) and a brand new, hot wife that he traded up for recently. He also had his hand in racehorses and 16 other businesses at the time. He was loaded - loooaaadddeedd.

I am sure that Chuck is getting by just fine, he probably has/had a stipend from his rich father, doesn't have to hold down a job so they can garnish his wages. Real kind of Craig to offer to pay for where she lived for the rest of her life. I bet he owns that property and plans to sell it for a a tidy profit after kicking out her boyfriend who has fed, bathed and clothed her for the last twenty plus years.

I am sure Craig feels a bit of guilt in this since it was his gun. Chuck must have missed once if she was shot only four times, the gun held five rounds and I heard he emptied it.

What a waste, to serve only 8 years for nearly killing someone. Rich people get all the breaks. Attempted Murder gets you out in 8, anyone else it would have been a lot longer. Going through life like that and dying at a young 45 isn't justice.

They need to do a follow-up on how Chuck is doing, how he's getting by. I have a job and I find it tough to raise just one kid, let alone three without a job.

Posted by: sick ()
Date: December 16, 2010 12:50PM

And these people get tax cuts!

Posted by: Steven ()
Date: December 16, 2010 01:01PM

I remember this story when it happened. Really shocking. I was in the class ahead of her at Stuart--never knew her, but it was weird and sad hearing about that happening to someone from your school. Being paralyzed from the neck down--man, that is a tough life. That guy ruined everything for her.

Posted by: facebookz ()
Date: December 16, 2010 01:04PM

facebook.com/joy.keophumihae

Posted by: WingNut ()
Date: December 16, 2010 01:12PM

Sad case. I had forgotten all about it.

It's a real insult to her injury that she had to strike an agreement with the asshole that ruined her life just to get by.

RIP

idontlikebeingrightaboutshitlikethisbutiam

Edited 21 time(s). Last edit at 5/31/1967 05:57AM by WingNut.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: TomL ()
Date: December 16, 2010 03:33PM

My wife was a year behind Joy at Stuart, had wondered what happened to her after she graduated, and even kept a clipping of the original newspaper article about the shooting in her yearbook. I even remember reading about it when it happened (I went to another high school but had lots of friends at Stuart).

The one thing I'm really curious about is whether the State or the Feds can now go after Chuck Brewer for Capital Murder; Joy died as a direct result of wounds deliberately inflicted by him. He was not convicted of her murder, just assault with a deadly weapon, so he would not be tried twice for the same crime, AND there's no statute of limitations for murder. Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but I don't think anyone feels Mr. Brewer has come close to paying for his crimes.

Posted by: Marlene ()
Date: December 16, 2010 04:48PM

I went o Stuart with Joy and I pray to our Good lord that Chuck burns in hell!!
Shame on You murderer how would you feel if it happened to your daughter?? KARMA WILL PLAY ITS ROLE BEFORE CHUCK (MURDERER) BREWER LEAVES THIS EARTH!! MY PARYERS AND THOUGHTS ARE WITH THE FAMILY..RIP JOY..

Posted by: From the Republic of Fairfax ()
Date: December 16, 2010 04:55PM

TomL Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> My wife was a year behind Joy at Stuart, had
> wondered what happened to her after she graduated,
> and even kept a clipping of the original newspaper
> article about the shooting in her yearbook. I
> even remember reading about it when it happened (I
> went to another high school but had lots of
> friends at Stuart).
>
> The one thing I'm really curious about is whether
> the State or the Feds can now go after Chuck
> Brewer for Capital Murder; Joy died as a direct
> result of wounds deliberately inflicted by him.
> He was not convicted of her murder, just assault
> with a deadly weapon, so he would not be tried
> twice for the same crime, AND there's no statute
> of limitations for murder. Maybe wishful thinking
> on my part, but I don't think anyone feels Mr.
> Brewer has come close to paying for his crimes.

Great observation. I don't know if that would still be considered double jeapordy?

I do recall the murder of a (former?) Marshall high student sometime in the early 80's. Her body was near the now Fairview Park area. They could never find enough evidence to charge her then estranged boyfriend.

Date: December 16, 2010 05:13PM

The girls name was Lisa Rinker. I read here that the ex-boyfriend had recently died. She had decomposed so bad in a Summer heatwave that they had no cause of death at all.

Summer of 84 or 85, they were looking all over for her.

From the Republic of Fairfax Wrote:
> TomL Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > My wife was a year behind Joy at Stuart, had
> > wondered what happened to her after she
> graduated,
> > and even kept a clipping of the original
> newspaper
> > article about the shooting in her yearbook. I
> > even remember reading about it when it happened
> (I
> > went to another high school but had lots of
> > friends at Stuart).
> >
> > The one thing I'm really curious about is
> whether
> > the State or the Feds can now go after Chuck
> > Brewer for Capital Murder; Joy died as a direct
> > result of wounds deliberately inflicted by him.
>
> > He was not convicted of her murder, just
> assault
> > with a deadly weapon, so he would not be tried
> > twice for the same crime, AND there's no
> statute
> > of limitations for murder. Maybe wishful
> thinking
> > on my part, but I don't think anyone feels Mr.
> > Brewer has come close to paying for his crimes.
>
> Great observation. I don't know if that would
> still be considered double jeapordy?
>
> I do recall the murder of a (former?) Marshall
> high student sometime in the early 80's. Her body
> was near the now Fairview Park area. They could
> never find enough evidence to charge her then
> estranged boyfriend.

Last edit at 11/30/2015 01:37PM Last edit at 5/14/2015 03:52PM Last edit at 1/28/2014 05:57AM Last edit at 11/29/2015 01:10PM Last edit at 3/14/2011 11:52PM Last edit at 7/20/2012 04:07AM
Last edit at 6/29/2013 11:18PM Last edit at 3/19/2011 01:02PM Last edit at 3/26/2012 09:07PM

Posted by: John B. ()
Date: December 17, 2010 08:55AM

Eight years of a fifty-year sentence? Who did you bribe to pull that off, Mr. Brewer?

Although the previous comment about tax cuts for the rich seems to be a non-sequitor, it does make a lot of sense. Trash like the Brewers (sue me, I dare you) have been desperately working for many decades now to turn the U.S. into a third-world country. Why, you ask? Because in a third-world country the few and moronic rich have all the money, everyone else is a virtual slave, and they can do anything, ANYTHING that they want to those "little people"...just like Chuckie Brewer.

Clearly, justice has not been served in this case.

Posted by: Stuart 1984 Alum ()
Date: December 17, 2010 02:11PM

Very sad story. This is why people believe in things like Karma. We make ourselves feel better about the injustice by pretending that "something bad" will happen to Chuckie.

Don't kid yourself. Chuckie is enjoying his father's wealth, his Mercedes, his trophy wife and and his high life while all these years, Joy and the taxpayers have taken on the expenses of the aftermath of his crime.

I truly hope there is a special place in Hell for this guy and a special garden in Heaven for Joy.

Date: December 17, 2010 02:38PM

If this asshole was paroled around 92 - 93, it was the work of Doug Wilders Dept of Corrections, which had a notoriously lenient parole board headed by Clarence Jackson. They would spring almost anyone early, they truly believed in "rehabilitation".

What may have happened here is that Keo's family may not have opposed Brewers release in hopes that if he was released, it would speed up payment of restitution to the victim. The parole board would be aware if this was the victim or families wishes. Sucks.

Joy Keo
Posted by: Matt from Chantilly, VA. ()
Date: December 17, 2010 04:01PM

Brewer shold be hunted down and paralyzed as he did to Joy. Does anyone know where this scum is?

Joy Keo
Date: December 17, 2010 04:05PM

Who the hell is the old man--where does he live? If he is loaded why the hell didn't he pay for Joy. Where is Chuckie Jr.?

Posted by: Atrocity ()
Date: December 17, 2010 04:06PM

Serving only eight years of a fifty year sentence makes me so angry. This poor woman suffered all her life because of this cowardly act. And he walks free to enjoy his life.

I'm praying for a fiery auto crash for him.

Date: December 17, 2010 04:09PM

Who the hell is the old man--where does he live? If he is loaded why the hell didn't he pay for Joy. Where is Chuckie Jr.?

Joy Keo
Date: December 17, 2010 04:12PM

Forget prayers--ACT! Find out where Chrucke Sr. and Jr. live, then post it!

Posted by: kevlareri ()
Date: December 20, 2010 12:41PM

Regardless of our beliefs in Karma, Heaven and/or Hell WE NEED TO FOCUS ON HELPING VICTIMS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE! I would bet, (let's go ahead and add luck to the pot), that Joy would want something good to come out of this. Not revenge, pity and hatred.
RIP Joy.

Posted by: Marlene ()
Date: December 20, 2010 12:55PM

To Stuart 1984 Alum :Chuckie is enjoying his father's wealth, his Mercedes, his trophy wife and and his high life while all these years, Joy and the taxpayers have taken on the expenses of the aftermath of his crime.

We will all see how long this lasts.. GOD works in mysterious ways..
I believ in GOD not the American System!! They are crooked like teh Brewers!!

Posted by: KK ()
Date: December 20, 2010 01:16PM

Didn't Crag Brewer play basketball at Robinson? I seem to recall something about him punching another player or something like that, it's been a long time though.

I cannot stand the idea of someone getting off so easily. 8 years! Come on, he destroyed this poor girl's life. Man, I wish I had the resources to do something about it.

"He had no money; he had no job," Craig Brewer said. "He basically didn't have any monetary ways to pay her."

If you aren't outraged by this, there is something wrong with you.

Date: December 20, 2010 01:39PM

Make it better! Help someone going through this now!! https://www.familyplace.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=206. I have no connections with them but you get my point. Hate and revenge are not the BEST answer here. Don't look the other way when this is happening in your neighborhood people! Watch this POWA Ad... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW30WslahMc

Posted by: KK ()
Date: December 20, 2010 04:32PM

couldn't agree more that this is something to be dealt with in the present when and where it occurs.

Nonetheless, I still think some jerks deserve their comeuppance while maintaining vigilence in the present!

I have a 20 something daughter and I'd probably be the one ending up in prison if anyone ever abused her.

kevlareri Wrote:
> Make it better! Help someone going through this
> now!!
> https://www.familyplace.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=206.
> I have no connections with them but you get my
> point. Hate and revenge are not the BEST answer
> here. Don't look the other way when this is
> happening in your neighborhood people! Watch this
> POWA Ad...
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BW30WslahMc

Date: December 21, 2010 11:22AM

@KK - I have two boys. I plan on being a part of their lives as a dad should be. But not too much ;) but enough to know if something like this happens. I hope all parents will keep it somewhere in the backs of their minds that this happens and to watch for it. We may not want to find out but we need to. The clue here, as there always is, is the controlling bofriend who alienates the girl from friends and family. NEVER let that happen! Best of luck to you!!

Posted by: tim hailer ()
Date: January 08, 2011 11:39AM

What a tragedy i remember it like it was yesterday . iwould love to bomp into my old tri hy wy buddy and see if he can remember. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND.

Posted by: m. scott ()
Date: March 15, 2011 02:27PM

Chuck brewer lives in martinsburg wv. He still harrasses young girls makes threats to them and uses the internet to degrade youth. His daughter plays basketball for vcu. He remains a ass in the community and his behavior gets overlooked due to his families wealth. Hope he rots in hell very soon

Posted by: Jeepers ()
Date: March 15, 2011 05:43PM

Is his dad still alive? I remember him being a pretty pompous guy, full of himself, he had a much-younger wife (no. 2) who was drop-dead gorgeous who looked like she could suck the chrome off a trail hitch (or maybe that was me just wishfully thinking).

Posted by: Stacey shockey ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:13PM

Chuck Brewere is a maniac who has a mental illness. It's true he harasses teen age girls . His wife is fully aware of his behaviors and must be afraid to do anything. This guy is sick and is still a perp, it's scary he's out in the community.

Posted by: C. Ash ()
Date: March 15, 2011 10:18PM

Wow, what a tragedy. His family better get ready to deal with more drama because he has been terrorizing the Winchester community for years. He is a sick puppy.

Posted by: MC ()
Date: March 16, 2011 04:21AM

What's the daughter's name? I don't see a Brewer on the VCU womens basketball team roster.

Posted by: Jo ()
Date: March 17, 2011 08:35AM

jo-koy-1207-ver2.jpg

Posted by: Dave ()
Date: August 12, 2011 09:19AM

Is that Chuck with the gun?

Chuck was always a NUTJOB and a complete LOSER....

I played babseball in Little League and Basketball in high school with him. He actually molested/raped a 6th grade boy when he was in 7th grade and was a really f**ked up kid throughout his adolescent years. He ruined a lot of peoples lives in addition to Joy. His whole family was trash, including Bob Sr. and Craig Brewer......White Trash with money.......

It woulkd be great if he got his, but the Brewers always seem to weasel out of things.......

Virginia no longer has parole (abolished in 94), so Chuck would have had to serve 40+ years if it had happened after 93....that really sucks!

BTW-Chuck was always known as a bisexual freak, so I'm sure he got/gave it good while in prison.....Here's hoping he got AIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Chuck Brewer is scum ()
Date: August 12, 2011 09:27AM

Apparently, she will be there this year..................

2010 Jacqueline Brewer commits to VCU.

Jacqueline Brewer, a 5-10 junior wing from Martinsburg, W.V., has given a verbal commitment to Virginia Commonwealth University according to her father, Chuck Brewer. She chose VCU over ETSU, Mount St. Mary's, UNC-Wilmington and William and Mary.

Brewer, who broke the 1,000 point plateau in just two high school seasons at Hadley High School (Winchester, Va.,), has transferred to Martinsburg High School (Martinsburg, W.V.) after her family moved. She was selected the Winchester Star?s Player of the Year as a sophomore when she averaged 25.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game and was also selected to the All-Group AA First Team.

As a freshman Brewer led Handley to the Northwestern District title averaging 17.5 points and 6.8 rebounds per game. In her two years at Handley the team was a combined 38-10.

Posted by: Chuck Brewer ()
Date: August 12, 2011 09:43AM

8 years and scott free fuckers! Enjoy your shitty lives!!! HaHaHaHa!!!

JACQUELINE BREWER
Posted by: BIFF ()
Date: August 12, 2011 09:57AM

She's on team this year

Posted by: Charlie Sheen WAS my HERO ()
Date: August 12, 2011 10:00AM

This wouldn't be Chuck because he NEVER looked back or gave a CRAP about anyone after he screwed their lives up..............

Charles and Felicia Brewer live in Martinsburg, WV.......

FELICIA HAS/HAD GOT TO BE A COMPLETE MORON TO GET INVOLVED WITH THE LIKES OF CHUCKIE BOY.....

Posted by: Chuck Brewer ()
Date: August 12, 2011 11:15AM

Charlie Sheen WAS my HERO Wrote:
> This wouldn't be Chuck because he NEVER looked
> back or gave a CRAP about anyone after he screwed
> their lives up..............
>
> Charles and Felicia Brewer live in Martinsburg,
> WV.......
>
> FELICIA HAS/HAD GOT TO BE A COMPLETE MORON TO GET
> INVOLVED WITH THE LIKES OF CHUCKIE BOY.....

Of course I looked back...And laughed! Now I've got a hot wife, nice family, great house, and a large fortune. What do you have? A stocking full of regrets for Christmas this year!!!

Posted by: BigK12 ()
Date: August 12, 2011 01:00PM

Chuck if I were you, I'd invest in cynanide stock.

Posted by: R Sands ()
Date: August 14, 2011 10:47PM

I was Chuck's neighbor when he lived on Fantasia Drive in Herndon,Va. He coached my son in Basketball. How was he allowed to coach 12 year old children? He did live in Winchester , Va recently. but I understand he lives in Charlotte NC near his brother now. If I get his address I will post it since the community should know!

Posted by: ltlppl ()
Date: August 15, 2011 01:25PM

I bet he couldn't be charged with murder b/c the prosecutors would have to prove the gunshots caused/contributed the respritory infection. That would be nearly impossible to do, wouldn't it? I'm not a lawyer.

Does anyone have pictures of this Chuckie fellow?

Posted by: Olde Farte ()
Date: August 15, 2011 03:33PM

ltlppl Wrote:
> I bet he couldn't be charged with murder b/c the
> prosecutors would have to prove the gunshots
> caused/contributed the respritory infection.

Gunshot caused paralysis, respiratory infection caused by paralysis, done.

Posted by: Geturdone ()
Date: August 15, 2011 06:08PM

I know Chuck and he is very sorry for what he did. Most of these negative posts are completely false. He has never been arrested or gotten into any trouble except what he did to Joy in a jealous rage when he was a senior in high school 30 years ago. What he has done can never be justified or fully paid for. He did his time and even though it does not seem fair that is our justice system and everyone needs to move on and leave Chuck and everyone else involved alone and move on!

Posted by: Waterway ()
Date: October 25, 2012 11:04PM

Joy was a great gal. I enjoyed going to school with her. Chuck was a nut-job and hopefully will get his someday. Ka-Boom.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: October 26, 2012 07:31AM

Hopefully Chuck will die very painfully from cancer, and his entire scumbag family will be cursed with an assortment of tragedies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2012 07:31AM by BEH.

Posted by: Fed Up with this sympahy ()
Date: March 20, 2013 01:18PM

Joy Keo was a slut, not a hero. I went to school with her since the 5th grade. No, she did not deserve to get shot, but she was partly resopnsible.

Posted by: TkNNc ()
Date: March 20, 2013 01:30PM

Fed Up with this sympahy Wrote:
> Joy Keo was a slut, not a hero. I went to school
> with her since the 5th grade. No, she did not
> deserve to get shot, but she was partly
> resopnsible.

Blame the victim. Typical ignornat asshole.

Date: June 18, 2013 02:29AM

I knew Joy all through Junior High and High School. She was exquisitely beautiful and so talented. During the summers, she and her sister would tumble down the beach into the water at Lake Barcroft over and over again. She was a natural beauty who was also very bright. She was very friendly and kind. When I found out she had been shot our freshman year, I was so devastated. Chuck Brewer destroyed her life. His punishment was ridiculous and disgusting. If he had killed her, he would be in jail for life. I have often wondered about her. Her getting her diploma at our 1983 graduation was such a memorable moment for me. She was the real deal!

Posted by: Hi-Y Guy ()
Date: June 18, 2013 09:31PM

tim hailer Wrote:
> What a tragedy i remember it like it was yesterday
> . iwould love to bomp into my old tri hy wy buddy
> and see if he can remember. WHAT GOES AROUND COMES
> AROUND.

Timmy- I remember you, you wouldnt need any help with that piece of shit. Brewer was a punk then and a punk now.

Posted by: Sleepy Holla ()
Date: June 18, 2013 09:54PM

At JEB in my day, this mook would be wearing Depends (FYI-Scared shitless) everyday...if they were in the right....my group stood up for anybody....Right is Right!

Posted by: The real Chuck ()
Date: January 14, 2014 01:03PM

This is my first post on here so disregard the other poster claiming to be me. I think it is pretty pathetic and hypocritical for people who no nothing about what happened and know nothing about me or Joy to come on here and say threatening things about me. Of course I am more sorry than anyone could imagine for what I did because you can't really understand unless you have done something so senseless and horrible to another person. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Joy and her family and wish I could take it back. You are right that my punishment did not make things equal but then again no punishment no matter how severe could have changed what happened.

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: January 14, 2014 01:26PM

The real Chuck Wrote:
> you
> can't really understand unless you have done
> something so senseless and horrible to another
> person.

You are right. We can't understand psychopaths who tie up women, break their noses and then shoot them 4 times in a jealous rage. I wouldn't even try to or want to understand.

Posted by: Enrico Palazzo ()
Date: January 14, 2014 01:28PM

No sir. What is pathetic is that it is pretty obvious our justice system failed whether you are rehabilitated or not.

If you were truelly reahabilitated you would have done everything in your power to help out that poor girl financially.

Period.

Posted by: The real Chuck ()
Date: January 14, 2014 08:24PM

Enrico Palazzo Wrote:
> The real Chuck Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > you
> > can't really understand unless you have done
> > something so senseless and horrible to another
> > person.
>

>
> You are right. We can't understand psychopaths
> who tie up women, break their noses and then shoot
> them 4 times in a jealous rage. I wouldn't even
> try to or want to understand.

HaHaHa do you really think this is Chuck? You guys are so stupid and gullible...just trolling to get this blog Rollin again. If this Chuck character is as ruthless and crazy as you say I font think he cares anyway!

Posted by: KiKi Naverette ()
Date: January 22, 2014 12:18PM

I was Joy's boyfriend when she started screwing Chuck behind my back and then she dropped me for Chuck. I was still in love with Joy while she dated Chuck and I never gave up hope that she would come to her senses and come back to me. I feel partly responsible for what happen because I tried to force my way back into Joys life when her and Chuck started having problems and Chuck found out we were talking. I think that is why Chuck broke into Nicole's house that night with a gun to try and catch us together. I think if I had not interfered at that point things would not have escalated to where they did. I'm sorry Joy I should have left you alone!

Posted by: Also Into Joy ()
Date: January 22, 2014 01:23PM

Joy was sleeping with everyone. Please raise your hand if you DID NOT sleep with her!

Posted by: Big Daddy Kane ()
Date: April 25, 2014 05:12PM

Sleepy Holla Wrote:
> At JEB in my day, this mook would be wearing
> Depends (FYI-Scared shitless) everyday...if they
> were in the right....my group stood up for
> anybody....Right is Right!

Sleepy you sound like a real wanna be girly man bitch! I wish you would have pulled up on me...you would have got knocked the f@ck out!

Posted by: Elizabeth C. ()
Date: July 02, 2014 05:27PM

I went to school and graduated with Joy. She was outgoing and absolutely beautiful. She was athletic and statuesque with many friends. She and Chuck were an attractive couple. I remember that she disappeared from view, but did not know her friends well enough to find out why. When word spread of her being nearly shot to death in Nicole's house by Chuck everyone was devastated. How could he do such an evil thing. I prayed for her endlessly. We signed cards to her. She was on the prayer list at my church. He took a vibrant girl and turned her into an invalid. That is the same as murdering her. Hearing of his release from prison after no time at all really served makes me I'll and beyond angry. I hope Karma turns him into pond scum. You are an in humane and worthless piece of crap.

Posted by: In the cut ()
Date: July 31, 2014 12:50PM

Elizabeth. You should stop worrying about other people's business and focus on your own 3 daughters. Virginia Beach is a nice place!

Posted by: Stuart Alum ()
Date: July 31, 2014 05:15PM

Wow Kiki-if thats you. Thats a load to carry, I think Chuck was just fucked up, if it didnt happen then, he would have beat her or killed her at some point. He was a punk.

Posted by: Chuck B ()
Date: August 02, 2014 09:05AM

Stuart Alum Wrote:
> Wow Kiki-if thats you. Thats a load to carry, I
> think Chuck was just fucked up, if it didnt happen
> then, he would have beat her or killed her at some
> point. He was a punk.

You don't know anything about me. I was an 18 year old kid who made a huge mistake. There's not a day that goes by that I don't think about Joy and wish that I could take back what I did.

Posted by: SusanKauffmanDees ()
Date: October 26, 2014 10:02AM

Very sad.

Posted by: OneYearAheadin82 ()
Date: October 26, 2014 10:09AM

I graduated a year ahead in 1982. I am female, studious and contributed to the school. Graduated from UVA in 1986.

While Chuck did something illegal, he did the the school as a whole a service. eo was a slut and a b*tch and a btalle xe. as long as he was at it he should have hit Kupferer, Lefert too. That would really have cleaned the place up

Posted by: General Mayhem ()
Date: October 26, 2014 02:11PM

I just got a hand job She was Thai I was no fool!

Also Into Joy Wrote:
> Joy was sleeping with everyone. Please raise your
> hand if you DID NOT sleep with her!

Posted by: hkhkuj ()
Date: January 29, 2015 09:19PM

This is the scumbag who owned Athletic House at Ravensworth. Chuck Brewer.

Re: JACQUELINE BREWER
Posted by: uihui ()
Date: January 29, 2015 09:37PM

BIFF Wrote:
> She's on team this year

She is the star player at Mount Saint Mary's. I am sure daddy goes to the games.

Posted by: CB Jr ()
Date: December 03, 2015 02:13PM

All the people on this board are both predictable and pathetic. If you guys cared so much about Joy you would have helped her out or even went to visit or at least communicate through phone or email. Instead you want to criticize and vilianize someone you know nothing about.

Posted by: AlsoMistreated ()
Date: November 08, 2017 11:38PM

Pumping some fresh blood into this zombie thread:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/local/1983/08/23/convicted-youth-files-10-million-lawsuit-against-his-doctors/5c366633-a0c4-4eed-9217-72e15de91648/

Charney still does his work out of The Roundhouse Clinic in Alexandria.

Posted by: KiKi ()
Date: May 08, 2018 10:14AM

This article was over 35 years old and the lawsuit against the Doctors was dropped. What’s the relevance?

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.