HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Car buring on I-66
Posted by: WashingToneLocian ()
Date: September 05, 2007 09:54PM

Anyone else see the car burning on I-66 today near Fairfax? What was up with that? I've been trying to find info. Don't know if it was an electrical fire or not.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Car buring on I-66
Posted by: duh ()
Date: September 05, 2007 11:04PM

A Ford pick-up burned to a crisp on 123 (between Chapel & Clifton Rds) today.

I got a recall letter the other day from Ford on my pick-up that said the piece of shit might catch on fire. Maybe I better it take it into the dealer for the recall....I don't give a shit about the truck, but I don't want it to catch my house on fire!

(I moved it out of the garage when I got the letter...LOL)

Posted by: Occasional Visitor ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:08PM

Ford has a recall on a whole slew of their trucks and I think some of the cars for a faulty cruise control switch. Supposedly the cruise power doesn't always turn off and it can start a fire. I'm not sure if they've managed to get the replacement part or if they're still just disabling the cruise control as a 'temporary' fix.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: September 09, 2007 09:40PM

FORD= Fix Or Repair Daily.! Come on Ford, hows about some quality control so
we can get back into the swing of things! Instead of focusing on eye-appealing
design changes frequently, why not focus on long-haul quality? I really want to
buy American.

Posted by: KeepOnTruckin ()
Date: September 09, 2007 10:12PM

Particularly related to this incedent:

FORD: Found On Road Destroyed

Date: September 09, 2007 10:41PM

Yeah, I don't know what possessed me to buy that Ford Pickup....it's on it's third tranny in 85K. I'll never buy another one....if Ford even survives.

I have a Chevy pickup also and it's a MUCH better truck.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: September 10, 2007 07:39PM

I am what one would call a die-hard Mustang Owner.. however I have to agree that most new fords are not what they used to be, with an exception..

the Exceptions are all the V8 mustangs., the shelby gt500, GT40 , all of the diesel models like the f350-450 super duty powerstrokes..

All the lower end cars, are falling apart. and the service is falling behind..

In the Super duty truck class, ford still holds the lead. but those things can go for $65,000 fully loaded..

Ford= First On Race Day .. !!!!!!!!

Date: September 10, 2007 08:24PM

Be careful of the 6.0 liter powerstrokes...they were made by International which is usually good but ITEC really screwed up on that that motor...also known as the VT-365...it is already out of production after causing tremendous problems in every type of vehicle it was used in (school buses, medium duty trucks, Ford pickemups).

Ford is suing International over thier huge warranty losses. They are also looking for a diesel to use in their trucks so they can sever their relatonship with International.

Do not buy a 6.0 powerstroke!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.