HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Korean Salons
Posted by: Duchess ()
Date: December 03, 2010 01:31PM

ALEXANDRIA, Va. – Yesterday, the owner and the managers of a room salon in Falls Church, Va., pled guilty to conspiracy to harbor illegal aliens for commercial advantage and private financial gain. In their plea agreement, the defendants admitted that they had employed female, Korean illegal aliens to serve as waitresses and hostesses of the room salon. The owner of the club admitted that since December 2007, at least 25 illegal aliens worked at the club and were harbored by the conspiracy.

Neil H. MacBride, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Virginia, and John P. Torres, Special Agent in Charge for ICE, Office of Homeland Security Investigations (HSI) in Washington, D.C., made the announcement after the pleas were accepted by United States District Judge Anthony J. Trenga.

“This office is committed to the vigorous enforcement of our immigration laws, which are vital to our national security and well-being,†said U.S. Attorney MacBride. “We bring these cases to hold employers accountable and ensure that they abide by laws designed to protect both foreign and domestic workers and the citizens of the United States.â€

“Those profiting from the employment and harboring of illegal aliens will be aggressively pursued by ICE†said SAC Torres. “Companies whose business models incorporate the use of illegal alien workers will be held accountable.â€

According to the plea documents, Sang Bun Surh, a/k/aâ€Chung Madame,†52, of Annandale, Va., owns a bar known alternatively as “High Society,†“Tomato,†and “Tomato Garden.†Advertised as a room salon, the bar contains several private rooms where customers, primarily Korean men, consumed liquor. Provocatively dressed Korean women then serve the drinks to the customers and drink, flirt, sing, and dance with the customers. A bottle of liquor at High Society/Tomato typically costs $300 and customers were required to purchase at least a bottle. The defendants admitted that the establishment grossed in excess of $4 million since December 2007.

Since December 2007, dozens of female employees that investigators encountered at the High Society/Tomato were illegal aliens from the Republic of Korea. The conspirators admitted that they used apartments in Annandale, Va., to harbor the illegal aliens who work at High Society/Tomato and that they or co-conspirators sometimes booked flights for the aliens.

The three defendants who pleaded guilty are:

Sang Bun Surh, a citizen of Republic of Korea and a lawful permanent resident of the United States, who was the owner of High Society/Tomato.
Young Mi Kim, 41, a citizen of Republic of Korea and a conditional resident of the United States, who is a manager of the High Society/Tomato and lived at Surh’s residence. She was the primary supervisor of the illegal alien women who worked at High Society/Tomato. In addition to the conspiracy to harbor illegal aliens charge, Kim also pleaded guilty to conspiracy to commit marriage fraud based on her own fraudulent marriage to a United States citizen.
Hyeon Chul Kim, 55, a citizen of Republic of Korea who is unlawfully present in the United States and who was also a manager of High Society/Tomato.
The three defendants face a maximum penalty of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine. They will be sentenced on Feb. 25, 2011. The defendants have also agreed to cooperate with authorities in the continuing investigation.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Korean Salons
Posted by: tmill9 ()
Date: December 03, 2010 01:43PM

$300 for a bottle of liquor? Wow, they must be some rich dudes. Wonder where all that money came from. Seriously, that's amazing

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: December 03, 2010 01:48PM

tmill9 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> $300 for a bottle of liquor? Wow, they must be
> some rich dudes. Wonder where all that money came
> from. Seriously, that's amazing

That's kinda the norm at places like this. At the Hustler Club in Baltimore, they charge around $250 for a bottle of champagne to get into the VIP section.

Date: December 03, 2010 01:50PM

Guess I'm showing my lack of worldliness. I just could never afford it.

Posted by: j ()
Date: December 03, 2010 02:40PM

you get it by working twice as hard for twice as many hours as your average american salary seeker who cant even comprehend what it takes to save money, move to a different country, learn a new language, save more money, and start a business for themselves. it drives me crazy when i hear people bitch about working 50 hours a week and bitch about money in the same breath.

tmill9 Wrote:
> $300 for a bottle of liquor? Wow, they must be
> some rich dudes. Wonder where all that money came
> from. Seriously, that's amazing

Posted by: Joe B. ()
Date: December 03, 2010 03:33PM

Now I know how they funded that Taj Mahal in Centreville.

Date: December 03, 2010 03:48PM

j Wrote:
> you get it by working twice as hard for twice as
> many hours as your average american salary seeker
> who cant even comprehend what it takes to save
> money, move to a different country, learn a new
> language, save more money, and start a business
> for themselves. it drives me crazy when i hear
> people bitch about working 50 hours a week and
> bitch about money in the same breath.
>
>
> tmill9 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > $300 for a bottle of liquor? Wow, they must be
> > some rich dudes. Wonder where all that money
> came
> > from. Seriously, that's amazing

So, it makes sense to work twice as hard for twice as many hours to spend $300 for a bottle of booze? To parapharse someone "a fool and his money are soon separated"

If you're really interested in accumulating wealth, don't drink at all!

Posted by: I see how it is ()
Date: December 03, 2010 04:04PM

Uh, I think the guys were buying something else when they paid for their drinks, but to avoid prostitution charges, the johns paid for the extremely expensive bottle, but would probably get a free session. The place was full of several private rooms where scantily-clad waitresses were paid to flirt.

Probably couldn't bust them for prostitution because you see a non-Korean go in there looking for some fun and he would stick out like a sore thumb.

Date: December 03, 2010 04:33PM

Pretty sad story being that illegal aliens are loitering in
the streets selling their bodies at 7-11s and Home Depots.

Posted by: investigator ()
Date: December 03, 2010 04:45PM

We couldn't bust them for prostitution because we couldn't find their little gook dicks they were trying to use to fuck those poor trafficked girls...now round the whole lot of them and sendem back to gookland where they came from.

Date: December 03, 2010 05:45PM

it probably sounds strange to someone who has only ever been to sports bars and hotel lounges, but most nice (and some not so nice) nightclubs have table service or bottle service. $300 per bottle is on the low-mid range. you are paying for the bottle, unlimited mixers, and all of the comfort and hospitality that goes along with it.

I see how it is Wrote:
> Uh, I think the guys were buying something else
> when they paid for their drinks, but to avoid
> prostitution charges, the johns paid for the
> extremely expensive bottle, but would probably get
> a free session. The place was full of several
> private rooms where scantily-clad waitresses were
> paid to flirt.
>
> Probably couldn't bust them for prostitution
> because you see a non-Korean go in there looking
> for some fun and he would stick out like a sore
> thumb.

Date: December 03, 2010 05:47PM

dear racist,

there was no mention of trafficking or slavery. these are people who simply overstayed their visas. totally common. go to south and central america or southeast asia. there are thousands of americans on expired visas.

also, im no genius but if i were trying to conceal a prostitution operation, i probably wouldn't use liquor served by girls in their underwear as a cover. just sayin'.

investigator Wrote:
> We couldn't bust them for prostitution because we
> couldn't find their little gook dicks they were
> trying to use to fuck those poor trafficked
> girls...now round the whole lot of them and sendem
> back to gookland where they came from.

Date: December 03, 2010 06:13PM

"there was no mention of trafficking or slavery."

SO?
TRAFFICING AND SLAVERY ARE COMMON IN ORGANIZED PROSTITUTION RINGS.

> "these are people who simply overstayed their visas. totally common.

TOTALLY COMMON, REALLY?
MAYBE WE SHOULD START HANDING OUT FINES IF IT IS TOTALLY COMMON BECAUSE
THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CASH COW TO ME.

> "go to south and central america or southeast asia.
> there are thousands of americans on expired visas."

SO?
DON'T TRY AND JUSTIFY THESE GOOKS ACTIONS BY POINTING THE
FINGER AND SAYING EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT ALSO.

> "also, im no genius"

OBVIOUSLY

> "but if i were trying to conceal a prostitution operation,
> i probably wouldn't use liquor served by girls in their
> underwear as a cover. just sayin'.

WHY NOT?
IT WOULD BE A *GREAT* DISTRACTION FOR THOSE VICE FUCKERS.
JUST SAYIN.

Date: December 03, 2010 06:31PM

there was no mention of prostitution either, except from you. my recommendation: get laid or something and calm down.

*Kinky Chinky Sex* Wrote:
> "there was no mention of trafficking or slavery."
>
> SO?
> TRAFFICING AND SLAVERY ARE COMMON IN ORGANIZED
> PROSTITUTION RINGS.
>

Posted by: yupper ()
Date: December 03, 2010 08:37PM

I'm surprised they were arrested. Arizona cracks down on illegal immigrants and Obama has the Justice Dept sue them.

Wait, not as many Korean votes as Hispanic.

Now it makes sense.

Date: December 03, 2010 10:19PM

'j' wrote :

> "there was no mention of prostitution either, except from you."

ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION, BODY TRAFFICING, PROSITUTION, DRUGS, TERRORISM ARE ALL RELATED AND RELEVANT TO THIS STORY. BUT THANKS FOR PLAYING.

> "my recommendation: get laid or something and calm down."

NO NEED TO CALM DOWN BECAUSE I'M NOT WORKED UP.
ON THE OTHERHAND, YOU SOUND WORKED UP.

MY RECOMENDATION :

TAKE YOUR OWN ADVICE, BUT SINCE NOBODY WILL LAY YOU,
JUST FIND A NICE COZY CORNER OF THE ROOM AND GO FUCK YOURSELF.

Posted by: alex detokeville ()
Date: December 04, 2010 01:15AM

So really man whats the deal with all the nail salons?

Posted by: StopDiscriminating ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:05AM

> "SO?
> DON'T TRY AND JUSTIFY THESE GOOKS ACTIONS BY POINTING THE
> FINGER AND SAYING EVERYBODY ELSE DOES IT ALSO."

investigator Wrote:
> We couldn't bust them for prostitution because we
> couldn't find their little gook dicks they were
> trying to use to fuck those poor trafficked
> girls...now round the whole lot of them and sendem
> back to gookland where they came from.

Prostitution and all the like happen all over the world. A lot of it is from trashy white hoes, but we don't need to get into all of that. What i'm saying is, perverts come in all colors, and it doesnt exclude whites. Just because it was a KOREAN bust, dont get all fired up with your superiority complex. These 'slaves' WANT to do this. Theyre not forced into it. How hard is it to run away or make some noise in fairfax county? not very hard at all.

Posted by: korean massagee ()
Date: December 06, 2010 12:50AM

This is a typical korean?? Come on how many korean massage parlors get busted in DMV?? EVERYONE KNOWS THEY ARE NOT LEGIT !! KOREANS been making money off everyone in the sex industry for years. Nothing new just a typical Korean DOUCHE BAG getting rich selling sex.

Police aren't doing shit about it because they are probably getting a 50% discount on the services.

Posted by: Gonads & Strife ()
Date: December 06, 2010 03:16AM

I heard that seven minutes after leaving a korean salon you're stabbed to death in your car. AVOID KOREAN SALONS!!!!

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:29AM

Wow. You all seem plebeian rednecks. These girls aren't prostitutes. KClubs are common in Hawaii. Korean men didn't get the place busted. It was probably some white bitch wife. Stick with TGIF. This isn't your league.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/2010 06:32AM by Priapus.

Date: December 06, 2010 06:35AM

> "Prostitution and all the like happen all over the world."
> A lot of it is from trashy white hoes, but we don't need to
> get into all of that."

NO, LET'S GET INTO IT.

THE LAST TIME I VISITED DC I DID NOT SEE ONE
-*NOT ONE* TRASHY WHITE HOE, ONLY TRASHY BLACK ONES.

I WAS HIGHLY DISSAPPOINTED!

WHAT STREET DO THE TRASHY WHITE HOES HANG OUT ON IN DC?

Date: December 06, 2010 06:39AM

Priapus wrote :

> "Wow. You all seem plebeian rednecks."

THIS MAKES NO SENSE YOU DUMB FUCKING NIGGER.

Posted by: wally pip ()
Date: December 06, 2010 06:47AM

I believe most TRASHY WHITE HOES in D.C. hang out on Pennsylvania and Constitution Ave. Especially that big building with the dome.

Posted by: Mewan Shakuhachi ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:02AM

Posted by: Herman ()
Date: December 06, 2010 07:10AM

I don't know any Koreans, but I do know many Chinese, and Vietnamese, and some Japanese. And according to them, they say the Koreans are the niggers of Asia. Because they are nasty, rude, lying and cheating people; and they'll cut your dick off in a heartbeat. .. WHAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AH HAHHHHHhhh!

Posted by: suh ()
Date: December 07, 2010 12:22AM

KOREANS DO NOT FEEL THEY HAVE TO PLAY BY THE RULES

Posted by: JackdUpFord ()
Date: December 07, 2010 02:38AM

sucky sucky five dorrar?

Posted by: Zak ()
Date: December 07, 2010 11:42AM

Priapus, I'm with you on this!

Selling "sex" (sexual related encounters) for money is a common problem throughout ALL humanity...All the xenophobes need to check themselves, then go have a look in middle/southern America. There you'll experience all you need to know about average white Americans.

Now, on the topic of Koreans relative to other Asian cultures....I wouldn't say they are the nig***s of Asia. From my personal interactions with the Koreans here, I think they (the ones with $$) are generally egotistic, materialistic, and opportunistic. My wife, who is Korean, says that while most of them are nice in person, they back-stab like none other. She moved here to the US 7 years ago from Seoul and she HATES the Korean social-culture.

However, the bottom line is that when you compare the Koreans to all the other nationalities/ethnicities living in our community, they are generally one of the best minority groups. They are VERY economically productive, their heritage is awesome (ie Korean BBQ!!), they obey/respect our laws and maintain a sense of dignity.

My one complaint is that we could use a little more English translations on the signs in Annandale...lol

Posted by: Priapus ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:06PM

Just suppose there was a Hooters in Seoul for American men. The women wouldn't have to be hookers for men to spend money.

Date: December 14, 2010 10:33AM

Why does it seem that there are more Korean "massage" parlors than other ethnic groups. Is it that Koreans are more honest about human sexuality? I know there are lots of other professional massage therapists that are not Korean but it does seem that Koreans are more likely to provide additional services.

Posted by: Annandale-Korean's love the place ()
Date: December 14, 2010 11:26AM

What high school in Fairfax is Annandale? The school must have the most Asians ever.

PS We have one Asian boy in my sons class (4th grade).His parents do not let him do but anything but study and music lessons. I feel so sorry for him.

Posted by: krispy kringle ()
Date: December 14, 2010 11:41AM

Not sure what you are asking. Annandale is a high school and it's in Fairfax County and of all places it's in Annandale.

I know that there are Korean kids whose parents demand high level of success, I suspect that those parents are grooming him to go to Jefferson. I know a Korean guy who owns a car repair place, he has 2 little girls who he says they are already drilling in math in order to make sure they are eligible for TJ. By the way, he is the most honest car repair place I've found.

Annandale-Korean's love the place Wrote:
> What high school in Fairfax is Annandale? The
> school must have the most Asians ever.
>
> PS We have one Asian boy in my sons class (4th
> grade).His parents do not let him do but anything
> but study and music lessons. I feel so sorry for
> him.

Posted by: fuck up ()
Date: December 26, 2010 10:16PM

last time i went to one the last almost chopped all my nails of

Posted by: blueiris ()
Date: April 03, 2011 10:12PM

my husband went to a room salon with 2 friends and they spent a ton of money, would love to know what really happens in one of these places.....this was in Chicago il.

Posted by: CuriousToo ()
Date: April 16, 2011 07:29AM

blueiris Wrote:
> my husband went to a room salon with 2 friends and
> they spent a ton of money, would love to know what
> really happens in one of these places.....this was
> in Chicago il.

Let me respond as I have never been, but I know at least some of the inner workings. I also have a lot of my own questions.

First of all, in America, room salons are not known for prostitution. Many Koreans are disappointed by this and complain, because in Korea, these places can typically be places where you can take the girl out for sex afterwards. But not in America.

In America, there might be kissing, there might be touching, but it's more probable that there is absolutely nothing but talking and the girl may sing or dance and pour drinks.

From what I hear, a bottle of Johnny Walker Black goes for $300. Beer, water, soda, fruit is free.

So price for the average person if he goes alone is:

$300 for Johnny Walker Black
$100-$200 tip for the girl
$50 tip for the waiter
$50 tip for the madam

Girls typically make $10,000 per month if things are good. They also pay $100 per week to stay in a shared apartment that the owner usually has leased.

I am also confused if the waiter/madam tip is per PERSON or per PARTY. I THINK it's per PARTY but I don't know for sure.

Okay now for my own questions.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/DC-Madames-That-Ran-Illegal-Karaoke-Bar-Sentenced-119943484.html

They made $4 million in approximately 34 months. Is that profit or revenue?

That's about $4000 per day!

Not counting tips, that would require 16 bottles of Black per day (assuming they made $250 profit per bottle).

Are you telling me that there are that many old Korean rich guys in this area?

Has anyone actually been here before? Anyone know how many girls were actually working? If there was only 4, then the 4 million figure probably represents revenue. If there were 8, then that sounds more like profit.

Date: April 16, 2011 07:37AM

Also some other tidbits.

According to the article, at this particular place:

Girls were paid $50 per night no matter what. They kept 100% of cash tips, 80% of credit card tips.

Also, apparently there is something called a 3-5-7 rule at these type of places.

First bottle of Black is $300. Second is $500. Third is $700. Fourth is typically free.

So feel free to come up with your own calculations.

Date: April 16, 2011 07:38AM

Sory, I meant...

One bottle of black is $300. Two is $500. Three is $700, with a fourth bottle being free.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.