HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Sports Junkies salaries?
Posted by: H8er ()
Date: November 26, 2010 08:03PM

From the Washington Post Magazine story we know that the Junkies each make between $250,000 and $999,999 (i.e., they are collectively millionaires but no single one of them makes over a million).

I heard Lurch recently say that he makes about $470,000 per year. Can anyone confirm that? If that's true, it makes me want to shoot myself.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sports Junkies salaries?
Posted by: I Not So Sure ()
Date: November 26, 2010 08:31PM

I thought their salaries were in the range of $250,000 - 270,000, as I've read in some previous posts. The additional or "gravy" might come from appearances, commercials and other assignments they take on. Also, Lurch talks about his "investing" that he does. Though, in this market, I'm not so sure people are making a whole lot off of investing.

Date: November 26, 2010 09:25PM

I think the WJFK salaries are $265K. It's possible Lurch bullshits idiotic bar and restaurant owners into paying personal appearance fees to him. However, I think he his talking a lot of shit based on imaginary gambling proceeds (not factoring in what he has actually lost to get whatever he's won).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: Who cares? ()
Date: November 26, 2010 09:54PM

Who gives a shit about these four anymore? Their show is fucking dreck now. Nothing but college jargon from four middle aged jerkoffs. It's painful to listen to.

Date: November 26, 2010 10:06PM

Who cares? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Who gives a shit about these four anymore? Their
> show is fucking dreck now. Nothing but college
> jargon from four middle aged jerkoffs. It's
> painful to listen to.

College? More like Middle School.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://bible.cc/1_corinthians/13-11.htm

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: November 26, 2010 11:47PM

Borgata

Posted by: Mr. Objective ()
Date: November 27, 2010 09:31AM

It's nice that radio provides employment for retards and homosexuals; but I don't think they should be paid that much; especially since they'd only draw minimum wage outside of radio. The only way I reconcile the discrepancy, is there must be a huge audience of retards and homosexuals with disposable money.

So maybe the terrorists have a point. Maybe Rome SHOULD burn.

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: November 27, 2010 09:40AM

Their salary is going to be $0.00 when their contract is up.

Felted.

Posted by: The Radio ()
Date: November 27, 2010 09:45AM

Mr. Objective Wrote:
> It's nice that radio provides employment for
> retards and homosexuals; but I don't think they
> should be paid that much; especially since they'd
> only draw minimum wage outside of radio. The only
> way I reconcile the discrepancy, is there must be
> a huge audience of retards and homosexuals with
> disposable money.
>
> So maybe the terrorists have a point. Maybe Rome
> SHOULD burn.

As long as radio shows pull in good ratings, which will equal good amounts of commercials and make cash for the radio station. If the economy were doing better, commercial revenues would be up even more - which would probably mean that the Junks would have salaries higher than wheat they're making now.

Posted by: dapjdj ()
Date: November 27, 2010 10:49AM

H8er Wrote:
> I heard Lurch recently say that he makes about
> $470,000 per year.

Only Lurchie can verify that. If he's stupid enough to say that on air, then it's like everything else uttered on his show, i.e. bullshit.

I can guarantee you CBS Radio is not paying any of the Junks $1 million per year.

All four maybe $1.1 million, but in this market with their shitty ratings, CBS overpaid - a fact that will become painfully obvious to the four donks at contract renegotiation time.

Borgata every weekend while you can, Junkie "millionaires".

Posted by: Billy Jack ()
Date: November 27, 2010 12:55PM

Their new contract will be less than 1/2 or their current one.

Posted by: Haha ()
Date: November 27, 2010 01:11PM

Who will win the Super Bowl, Kreskin? Half, huh? Which CBS exec told you that, smart guy?

Posted by: Realsilk ()
Date: April 19, 2012 08:12AM

I have never seen Old ass men use trems such as "sillies, Donks and then talk about athlete's not being mature

Posted by: thesjr31 ()
Date: February 18, 2014 06:44AM

The junkies are the best in radio you all are just a bunch of crap .... Go junkies .....

Posted by: Painful is far from the truth ()
Date: February 18, 2014 07:45PM

Who cares? Wrote:
> painful to listen to.

I had to stop listening to them on a regular basis a couple of years ago. Every now and again I will tune to 106.7 on the way to work during breaks in what I am listening to and it is like deja vu. They have been doing the same shit for the 10 years I have been living here. Fucking boring, useless prognosticating, self promoting, egotistic, narcissistic bullshit. They suck...period.

Posted by: Donk Alert ()
Date: February 18, 2014 08:00PM

Transplant alert. Fuck you.

Posted by: Painful is far from the truth ()
Date: February 18, 2014 08:14PM

Donk Alert Wrote:
> Transplant alert. Fuck you.

Okay douche! If you are referring to me I have lived here since 1987, when the Junks were still in high school. Moved away several times during my time in the military and finally resettled here in 2004. I know their history. I listened in the beginning and throughout the years. That said, they have done nothing to improve their brand. They suck. They are not "sports" people anymore...they are entertainers. They admit that they do not watch certain sports or only watch during the playoffs/finals. Fuck them. I can read all the sports news on the internet and get the same info in about 20 minutes. Why would I listen to them for four hours?

Posted by: Satellite Radio ()
Date: February 19, 2014 12:16PM

The money is flowing towards Sirius and the best talent is already there. Just sayin'.

Posted by: money cised! ()
Date: February 19, 2014 12:50PM

hur-ting donks. it's a show. money. borgata. cised.

RETARDED

Posted by: KRock ()
Date: April 05, 2014 05:52PM

EB is the only homosexual, screaming retard. Lurch actually seems to know a bit about sports, Cakes is cool, JP only cites stats--I like them, they're a good distraction, but EB is such an asshole it's difficult to listen at times. He even screams on the commercials he cuts! What a dick-hole. Cut him, put Funny Danny in his place, it's all good.

Posted by: Shttymess ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:37AM

Yeah I have to agree, EB and all that little girl screaming shit has gotten old.

Posted by: cWH3N ()
Date: April 06, 2014 08:44PM

Who cares? Wrote:
> painful to listen to.

they are well into middle age. its sad.

Posted by: Must be nice! ()
Date: April 06, 2014 09:01PM

cWH3N Wrote:
> Who cares? Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Who gives a shit about these four anymore?
> Their
> > show is fucking dreck now. Nothing but college
> > jargon from four middle aged jerkoffs. It's
> > painful to listen to.
>
> they are well into middle age. its sad.

Work 4 hours a day. Make a quarter mil + a year. Get tons of free shit and food. And they all made it out PG County. Nothing sad about it.

Posted by: N/A ()
Date: February 19, 2016 09:44AM

Who cares how much they make. If you don't like them, simple don't listen to them. There is something called tuning and turn the dial or hit the up or down button. Change the station. What's the big deal?

Posted by: bobbyv ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:19AM

Junkies summary:

EB - high maintenance, whiney, fake, no self-respect when it comes to asking for free stuff, very light on substance on any of his arguments, changes his feelings completely after every game, fair-weather fan, too loud and obnoxious to be on a show alone. Knows very little about sports. Fascinated by gossip and seeing other men's junk.

Cakes - the calmest junkie, seems like a good dude, some good one-liners now and then, pretty open and honest. Has a good knowledge of the sports he convers. Usually not irritating to listen too.

JP - huge D-bag, ego maniac. Thinks he's a real boxer, lawyer, etc. Just because you went to law school doesn't mean you know anything about practicing law, especially when you never actually practiced in the real world. Just because you "trained" for a fake PR stunt fight doesn't mean you know jack about being a boxer. He grabs on to stats and absolutely refuses to budge on any opinion even in the face of irrefutable facts showing that he's wrong. By far the most annoying Junkie because he acts like a pissy chick all the time. Huge d-bag!

Lurch - knows the most about sports, definitely pretty chill, lets the conversation come to him. Doesn't force his opinions or pretend to be pissed off when he's not like JP and EB. Clearly a huge whore when it comes to free stuff. I wish he and cakes had their own show.

Posted by: pop bumper ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:55AM

Posted by: Fuck you, Oborona ()
Date: February 19, 2016 11:58AM

Posted by: Jason Bishop ()
Date: August 17, 2016 11:24AM

Hosting AMA today at 2PM....

Posted by: The 5000 Buckets O'Dildos ()
Date: August 17, 2016 09:00PM

Hi, Fake Lurch!

Real Lurch likes Bonefish and backfat.

Posted by: Jackb ()
Date: March 17, 2017 07:46AM

When the Redskins gave away the farm to get RG 3 sticks one of the dummies said if he had a pic of RG 3sticks junk he would hang the pic at his house. How gay!

Posted by: Who cares ()
Date: March 17, 2017 11:58PM

Unlistenable.

I would rather listen to old Arthur Treacher's commercials than these donks.

Soooooo hurting.

Posted by: Monnnneeeeyyyy ()
Date: March 19, 2017 04:25PM

They make more than everyone on this thread combined

Posted by: 13thFloor ()
Date: January 12, 2018 12:59PM

Good prediction... Seven years later they're still raking in the dough.

Posted by: Bowie is for white trash ()
Date: January 12, 2018 05:50PM

Those Bowie white trash are still on the radio? Is it still 2003? Their Maryland redneck accents are like fingers on a chalk board. Typical “University” of Maryland grads - born in the exurbs, schooled in the exurbs, then back to living in the exurbs. I guess there are enough white trash left in MoCo and PG (who haven’t been displaced by nogs and illegals)to make an audience.

Posted by: Junk with fag son ()
Date: January 12, 2018 05:56PM

Son is a seventeen year old wigger that can't drive, so rick.
Attachments:
IMG_8822.JPG
IMG_8823.JPG

Posted by: AWAD ()
Date: January 15, 2018 03:59PM

Too bad EB just retired.

Posted by: BOAD guy..... ()
Date: January 15, 2018 04:06PM

BOAD just missed the last big $$ at JFK

They make between 200-250 a year I would guess.

They made it while they were young.

JP got killed in the divorce and just now is getting back on his feet.

EP and Lurch live beyond their means. Car deals help. Ocean City Condo does not. It is underwater. King of Ashburn also helps.

Cakes is the man! Wife with a civil servant job. He will have the easiest retirement.

They make good salaries because they make JFK$$$. The next re-up will be interesting. Eventually, they should have Big O manage their podcast,

Posted by: link pls ()
Date: February 03, 2018 02:29PM

AWAD Wrote:
> Too bad EB just retired.

No he didn't.

Posted by: SLAry?? ()
Date: February 28, 2018 02:33PM

They’re rich

Posted by: Don ImUs ()
Date: December 28, 2018 02:43PM

They will need to renew their contract under a new company who may or may not allow them to "skate" on their duties as radio personalities. The sticking point may be more required appearances that benefit the INTERCOM rather than handing over an appearance fee negotiated by the four Junkies.

Their podcast is just a relay of their radio program. They mention producing a podcast uncensored with a paywall (subscription) which will require them to shake of the rust and create new content that will not get them canned by their terrestrial employer which could limit their range, essentially self censor their "uncensored" podcast.

They are at a crossroads, as their children age out their house (JP excluded), they could devote more time and become one of few 4 person radio legacy which could thrive the next 20 years. They need a producer who could devote more time to build the brand beyond terrestrial radio. Adam Carolla is a good example, he established himself over 20 years ago, yet he hustles to keep his network of podcasts strong. He has a team of folks who will go the distance for the brand.

Will the Junkies care to entertain this path? If they take this path and are successful, they could be more prominent than any of the top DMV sports team and their "stars". The other question is whether they want that exposure. Some people are content and this quartet appears to be happy with their current salary based on their current track.

Posted by: Smelliott in the Morning ()
Date: December 30, 2018 04:30PM

Given the "talent" competition, the Junkies are set for many years to come. Their shtick is tired, but good for them. They made an awesome run for local boys. I am sure they could all retire and still live large thanks to commercial appearances and goodwill from local bar owners.

Posted by: Tommiee ()
Date: December 30, 2018 10:39PM

Who cares? Wrote:
> painful to listen to.

Well said my friend. They talk nonsense and talk over each other like 15 yo adolescents. I no longer listen to them. I like Poulin and Lavero and wish they were on every morning. Chris Russell is also very entertaining.

Date: December 30, 2018 10:54PM

Given that old fossil Howard Stern is still raking in big bucks with a show chock full of juvenile material (just a guess - I haven't listened to him in more than 20 years, but I doubt he's changed), the Junkies should be fine. I used to listen to them on the regular 20 years ago. Over time, it became less and less. Maybe a dozen times in the last 5 years. I grew up a little bit. Their money metal act didn't.

Making America Great Again! Imprison Trump for Lying about the Wall.

Posted by: Duh duh duh ()
Date: December 31, 2018 05:57AM

200 a year with raises being more vacation each year. Contract is up now. Could be podcasters in a month. I am sure JFK is trying to break them into two shows.

Posted by: AnthonyCumia ()
Date: January 03, 2019 11:56PM

Hahahah, only $200K each per year in the late 2010s?!1? 15 years ago they claimed they were earning $330K each per year.

Bring your podcast to Compound Media and make a tenth of that, fam. Just let me suck at least two of your dicks.

Posted by: Danny Miller ()
Date: March 11, 2020 01:14PM

If the Junks make X amount for their show and the crew, then the other shows and crews should make close to or the same amount. People drive to work listening to 106.7 then on the way home they listen to the same thing. Same amount of listeners. maybe a little more for the drive home because everyone is awake at that time. I am afraid it is not even close.

Posted by: Grant and Danny make peanuts ()
Date: March 11, 2020 02:05PM

Danny Miller wrote "If the Junks make X amount for their show and the crew, then the other shows and crews should make close to or the same amount."

That's like saying the afternoon guy after Howard Stern also makes $10 million per year. Get a clue. Grant and Danny don't make near what the Junkies make.

Morning drive pays the most, by far.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.