HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
5 Guys
Posted by: keybsnbits ()
Date: March 30, 2005 08:31PM

Have you guys noticed the expansion of 5 Guys? It almost seems like it's a franchise now. It's expanded to have 2 new locations in Herndon/Reston.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 5 Guys
Posted by: mhkellyxx ()
Date: March 30, 2005 09:14PM

Yeah there's a brand new one in Chantilly too up by the new Costco. Mmmm, love those burgers.

Date: March 31, 2005 11:04AM

There's a bunch of them now. They're also in numerous states. They've got some in delaware, soon in PA, NC, soon in SC and it looks like they're looking to go to Connecticut. They must be doing pretty good! They are damn good burgers. Hopefully the quality stays the same as they get bigger.

Posted by: DaveF ()
Date: March 31, 2005 02:45PM

I saw one in DC last year while working and my eyes just lit up... unfortunately they were not open for business at that time. 'doh

Posted by: fuck you bitch ()
Date: April 04, 2005 05:03PM

Five Guys sucks compared to In-N-Out in California. They have the absolute best fast food burgers of any place.

Posted by: chip ()
Date: April 04, 2005 06:25PM

five guys is the worst burgers ever.
nasty,greasy,ick!
one bite and it will take 10 years off of your life expectancy!!

Posted by: erik ()
Date: April 05, 2005 08:34AM

This isn't fucking California you dumbfuck idiot, now is it? Did you bother to take a look at the forum title? It's not Fairfax in Marin County.

You fucktards from California just jizz all over in-n-out. When you say the phrase "in-n-out" do you pop wood and start jerking off? Do you repeat it like a mantra until your dickskin is just flapping ribbons of carbon? Cause it sure sounds like it.

Sorry we don't have a Carl's Junior either, dipshit. God damn you tools and your in-n-out. As if we can just drive on over and check it out.

Jesus H Christ Pope on a Stick, with the fucking burger arguments. Five Guys is all we have for real burgers. What is so difficult to comprehend? You have to commemorate your one visit to in-n-out on a vacation with mom and dad by tossing a bomb on our only hamburger-oriented dining experience?

If you had kids that were allergic to nuts, I would make sure to remove some peanuts from the Five Guys premesis and give them to your little California-phile bred hellspawn. Yea, that's right, I would ignore the Five Guys warning signs and TAKE SOME PEANUTS OUTSIDE! All to prevent another generation of phony bitches saying, "in-n-out burger is the best, your local hamburger generating food service institution sucks."

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: April 06, 2005 05:10PM

I went to In-n-Out when i went to Vegas.Also went to Monster burger. its not bad but its not all that.. id say white castle is better.

5 guys has good burgers and fries +1

also best buffalo wings around are at Famous Daves-theres one in oakton/vienna

i havtn been to the buffalo wing factory yet, so famous daves is the best so far

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: April 06, 2005 06:43PM

Famous dave's, used to be petitbon's, right? I wonder whatever happened to old Richie.

Posted by: Ross ()
Date: April 06, 2005 10:50PM

5 Guys rocks my socks

If you prefer slightly less greasy, slightly better quality and more exotic burgers, I recommend Red Robin in Fair Lakes. It's full of children, but trust me, the burgers make it worth it.

Date: April 07, 2005 01:19AM

yea thats where Petitbon's use to be, the grub there is tasty and usualy alot. ive been to Red Robin it is good +1

Posted by: haha ()
Date: April 07, 2005 10:21PM

IHOP makes the best omelets. lol
and the Pho Bistro in Centreville or wherever it is has the best pho and summer rolls.

sorry for going off the topic about burgers, but food is food. lol

Date: April 07, 2005 11:15PM

no no no
the best pho in NOVA!!!! is pho sate on annandale rd near the rt 50 ihop;in Westlawn shopping center;
best pho and best summer rolls, actually theyr chicken rolls

Posted by: haha ()
Date: April 08, 2005 04:18PM

hm, i'll have to try the pho and rolls there. maybe tomorrow. then i'll come back and comment. lol

Posted by: rtcpenguin ()
Date: April 08, 2005 04:47PM

Pho sucks. Its just a bowl of noodles with no flavor.

Date: April 08, 2005 05:36PM

no flavor? no way has tons of flavor + vegetables in that broth. its good for u none-the-less

Posted by: ben ()
Date: April 08, 2005 05:46PM

rtcpenguin Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Pho sucks. Its just a bowl of noodles with no
> flavor.

Pho is the new sushi. Give it a few months and the craze will die down.

It's really not that all that wonderful. And it's definitely not healthy if you eat an authentic bowl of it with the fat layer floating on the top (for flavour!). You have to specifically ask for it though, since it's almost always served american-style.

Food fads.. *sigh*

Date: April 08, 2005 06:04PM

lol served american style? are you vietnamese man? ahve u been to vietnam? lol
what fad are you talking about ive been goin to pho since i was in middle school

Date: April 08, 2005 08:21PM

MrDoctor Wrote:
> lol served american style? are you vietnamese man?
> ahve u been to vietnam? lol
> what fad are you talking about ive been goin to
> pho since i was in middle school

I haven't had the pleasure of visiting Vietnam (maybe next year) though I have done a fairly extensive tour of SE Asia (so I have a very good idea of the difference between authentic food and americanized food) and talked to a number of other travelers who have been to the country. My SO's father also happens to be from Vietnam. I get a lot of schooling on the food and culture from them.

The fad I'm talking about is how it's suddenly the cool thing to "go get pho." I'm not saying everyone that likes pho is part of a fad, but really, you have your head up your ass if you don't think it's become trendy to eat pho recently. Even the Washington Post has run an article about it's faddishness and where to find it around the area.

It would be like saying, "I've been popping my collar for years, so I don't know what fad you're referring to." College students will know what that's about..

I always wonder if anyone even really knows how to pronounce pho correctly.

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: April 08, 2005 11:08PM

I hate Pho with a passion, I think it epitomizes the dirt and filth Vietnamese people must live in, but I must agree it is not a fad. Those places have been packed at lunchtime for years.

It just smells so NASTY, like rotting meat. Yuk. And it tastes like Cary's ass, and that's no chinese buffet, let me tell you.

Posted by: psycho_fann1 ()
Date: April 08, 2005 11:13PM

pho is the best man!
well, maybe not THE best, but on the top of my food list. lol
i like the sauces that u dip the meat in especially.
sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: April 11, 2005 12:26PM

ben Wrote:
> It's really not that all that wonderful. And it's
> definitely not healthy if you eat an authentic
> bowl of it with the fat layer floating on the top
> (for flavour!). You have to specifically ask for
> it though, since it's almost always served
> american-style.
>

This guy has no idea what he's talking about. And yes, I'm Chinese/Vietnamese. And yes, I've been to Vietnam. And yes, I've had authentic pho from home and from Vietnam, and I can tell you it's healthy. Maybe not the most healthiest Vietnamese food around, but by far much healthier than 80-90 percent of american food. Besides if you really wanted to compare, Pho in Vietnam is treated more like fast food. So I'd take some real noodles, made with real beef or chicken, cooked in real chicken broth any day over some grounded up beef patty and lard fried french fries. This is why Veitnamese people are so slim and Americans are so fat. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger too...but to say that Pho is not healthy is a pretty dumb statement.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2005 12:28PM by asnpcwiz.

Date: April 11, 2005 06:54PM

asnpcwiz Wrote:
>
>
> This guy has no idea what he's talking about. And
> yes, I'm Chinese/Vietnamese. And yes, I've been
> to Vietnam. And yes, I've had authentic pho from
> home and from Vietnam, and I can tell you it's
> healthy. Maybe not the most healthiest Vietnamese
> food around, but by far much healthier than 80-90
> percent of american food. Besides if you really
> wanted to compare, Pho in Vietnam is treated more
> like fast food. So I'd take some real noodles,
> made with real beef or chicken, cooked in real
> chicken broth any day over some grounded up beef
> patty and lard fried french fries. This is why
> Veitnamese people are so slim and Americans are so
> fat. Don't get me wrong, I love a good burger
> too...but to say that Pho is not healthy is a
> pretty dumb statement.
>

Jesus, I *really* didn't mean for this to turn into a pissing contest about who has been where and with what heritage. All I know is that my SO's dad, who was born and raised in Vietnam, has Pho 'like he had it back home', with a steaming layer of fat on top- something he specifically has to ask for when he goes out to buy it. Maybe I'm misinformed, but he seems like a pretty good source.

Are you talking about Vietnamese people here, or in Vietnam? Because those are two completely different things, and if you think that there aren't any fat Vietnamese people here.. I have news for you!

Date: April 11, 2005 07:24PM

tel that old ass fob he dont know wtf he talkn bout

Posted by: asnpcwiz ()
Date: April 12, 2005 03:32PM

Haha, I'd agree, there are some fat ass Vietnamese people here. I'm was just stating that Americans as a culture are more obese than the Vietnamese culture.

BTW, that's Mr. Old Ass F.O.B to you MrDoctor

Date: April 12, 2005 06:38PM

lol okay, thanks for setting me straight there

Posted by: UPDATED ()
Date: August 10, 2008 01:13AM

their is one on rt. 50 now up near the 50/29 split

Posted by: TheDeadMethod ()
Date: August 10, 2008 02:23AM

UPDATED Wrote:
> their is one on rt. 50 now up near the 50/29 split

It's mediocre. Suffers from the same bad layout as the FFX town center one. I feel bad for the guy they always have standing across from dunkin donuts. Fox mill is still the best in the area.

Posted by: cecil ()
Date: August 10, 2008 04:11AM

Does old Redskin kicker Mark Mosley own a piece of 5 Guys? Remember when 5 Guys announced their expansion plans it was Mosley all over the TV giving interviews. but since the expansion started few years back he seems have faded. If not an owner was he a spokesman?

Posted by: pgens ()
Date: August 10, 2008 09:08AM

jfgi

Posted by: mb ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:06PM

I saw one in Myrtle Beach last week. Are they all over the country now?

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 10, 2008 12:30PM

mb Wrote:
>>> Are they all over the country now?

There's also one on the Outer Banks, and one in Allentown, PA, I'm pretty sure they're all up and down the east coast now.

As far as the Moseley thing- didn't he own his own burger joint out in Herndon?

Posted by: Dude ()
Date: August 10, 2008 06:14PM

First of all, 5 guys IS a franchise now. I've never quite understood the appeal--it's okay but not that big a deal. Secondly, pho has been popular for a long time--it's not a recent fad. What I'm interested in is trying real ramen noodles. There was an article in the Post about that a few days ago. Anybody had real ramen and know of a place here where you can get it?

Posted by: jhey ()
Date: August 11, 2008 09:51AM

I had real ramen back in college. It was like $1 for about 20 packs at the supermarket. With inflation, you can probably only get 15 packs for a dollar now.

Date: August 11, 2008 09:56AM

Thanks for your valuable contribution, jhey. For anyone interested, here is the link to the Post article about ramen.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/31/AR2008073101858.html

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 11, 2008 10:18AM

That stuff looks good man, I gotta find some. I think there's a place in Bethesda.

Dude Wrote:
> Thanks for your valuable contribution, jhey. For
> anyone interested, here is the link to the Post
> article about ramen.
>
>
> http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/artic
> le/2008/07/31/AR2008073101858.html

Posted by: nakedshoplifter ()
Date: August 11, 2008 11:27AM

Vince(1) loves the taste of five guys in his mouth.

Posted by: Howie Feltersnatch ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:16PM

After hearing over and over again how good In-n-Out is, I gave them a try the last time I was in California.

Worst...burger...ever. Seriously, if you like that shit, you've just lost any rights to ever comment on food again. Greasy, tasteless, gristly patty on a bland roll. Even onions couldn't save it. It was WORSE than White Castle. The fries were limp and bland too. The menu only has like 5 things on it, and it took them FOREVER to make it. I've had some really bad burgers in my time, but In-n-Out was complete shit. I didn't even finish the thing.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 11, 2008 12:27PM

Theyre out in Los Angeles now.

Posted by: Jimmy ()
Date: August 11, 2008 01:21PM

I absolutely love In 'n' Out in California. High quality beef burgers. Limited menu allows this fast food outlet to provide the very best and you only go there when you have a craving for the very best beef burger. I wish that Fairfax County had an In 'n' Out...

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: August 11, 2008 02:06PM

I actually prefer Fatburger over In'n'Out.

Posted by: 5 Guys sucks ()
Date: August 11, 2008 05:39PM

5 guys sucks, greasy piece of shit. Soggy ass bun, but whatever.

Fries are nice there though, and free peanuts. Just goes to show how far a place can go by simply caring about your food in a fast food type atmosphere.

Posted by: Burger Entrepreuneur ()
Date: August 11, 2008 07:54PM

It's funny I know this is a Fairfax county posting board but I figured id drop my two cents. Although 5 Guys is really good and claims to use no preservatives anybody with the remotest culinary and grilling skill can make better seasoned burgers than 5 Guys. Their burgers are no even seasoned. Try chopping up garlic, onions and parsley and mixing it with fresh ground beef, better than any 5 Guys burger anyday of the week. Has anybody heard of the Pacific Northwest chain Burgerville, this is the real deal. They are only in washington state and oregon but put 5 Guys to shame. I mean what kind of burger restaurant doesnt sell floats, sundaes, and other items beside just burgers and fries. In my honest experience the DC area severely lacks a lot of high quality Chains like Burgerville, In n out, fat burger, sonic, etc that can be found on the west coast. The west coast has the best burger chains in America and that is a fact. How goes to mcdonalds nowdays anyways, the burgers suck and with all the competition you would be foolish to eat a second rate burger from MCDonalds unless you just couldn't afford better. Just my two cents. Burgerville is the best in my vast burger chain experience. Next time your in oregon or washington check em out, you will be amazed.

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: August 11, 2008 08:41PM

Some people just enjoy getting on the internet to complain. They could have loved something, but they feel compelled to trash it. It like they get off from posting negative comments. If I post the sky is blue, someone troll comes by and posts the sky is not blue its orange and its the worst orange sky they have ever seen..and how it sucks Vince's dick. It is as if a unjustified negative comment increases there self importance more than any other type of response. Maybe it is really how the poster feels and thats fine, but sometimes I think people complain just to hear themselves bitch.

I know this is nothing new. just an observation.

Anyhow.. Five Guys is alright in a pinch. The meat is good, fries are good, for the price it is better than Burger King. I think a lot of it depends on the burger maker.

Pho Gourmet in C-ville is one of the best around. I used to go to Pho Hoa at the Eden town center in 7-corners, but it is no longer there.

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 11, 2008 09:39PM

Take a Stand Wrote:
> Some people just enjoy getting on the internet to
> complain. They could have loved something, but
> they feel compelled to trash it. It like they get
> off from posting negative comments. If I post the
> sky is blue, someone troll comes by and posts the
> sky is not blue its orange and its the worst
> orange sky they have ever seen..and how it sucks
> Vince's dick. It is as if a unjustified negative
> comment increases there self importance more than
> any other type of response. Maybe it is really how
> the poster feels and thats fine, but sometimes I
> think people complain just to hear themselves
> bitch.
>
> I know this is nothing new. just an observation.
>
>
>
> Anyhow.. Five Guys is alright in a pinch. The meat
> is good, fries are good, for the price it is
> better than Burger King. I think a lot of it
> depends on the burger maker.
>
> Pho Gourmet in C-ville is one of the best around.
> I used to go to Pho Hoa at the Eden town center in
> 7-corners, but it is no longer there.

WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Attachments:
bbugbbay.jpg

Posted by: Take a Stand ()
Date: August 11, 2008 10:46PM

lol,, When I saw 496 replied, I knew there was going to be a snappy rebuttal

Posted by: § ()
Date: August 12, 2008 04:57PM

The best burger I've ever had was in the bar area at Morton's. For less than $10, you get a juicy burger mixed with sirloin. It's damn well near perfect in flavor and quality. The second best burger would have to be the triple-prime burger at Ruby Tuesday's of all places. I went in with low expectations and it came out a winner.

Five Guys isn't all that bad, especially the topping selections. I just wish they stopped using these Wendy's-like thin patties and put an inch thick patty on the grill mixed with french onion soup mix. -§

Posted by: Spacy ()
Date: August 13, 2008 01:22PM

Dude Wrote:
> pho has been popular for a long time--it's not a recent fad.
> What I'm interested in is trying real ramen noodles.

Ramen was a fad in the 80s (at least in other parts of the
country) and there were noodle bars all over the place.
When people realized that the $17 noodles they were
serving could be had for about $3 at home, and that
it was just noodles, they all went out of business.

A better thing to find is a Japanese market that will
sell you the ingrediants to make it yourself.

Date: August 13, 2008 01:27PM

I'm skeptical that any place in the 80s was selling ramen for $17. Even twenty years later pho only sells for $5-$6. And in any event, for the most part that is true of all restaurant food.

Posted by: uraFeltcher ()
Date: August 24, 2008 03:46AM

The best burger joint is The Counter Burger and it's opening up in the Reston Town Center this November. All other Burger joints are garbage compared to this place and when the F is the Fatburger going to open up in Fairfax?

Posted by: Kuro Inu ()
Date: August 24, 2008 12:13PM

I agree, there is no better hamburger than In & Out. It's absolutely the best.

Posted by: montanamax ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:19PM

FUCKING OBESE MOTHERFUCEKRS WHAT'S WRONG WITH YUO WE'RE TALKING ABOUT FUCKIG HAMBURGERS DAMNIT WHO GIVES A RAT ASS WHICH IS THE BEST, IT TASTES THE SAME TA ME YAAAH

Posted by: IAD ()
Date: August 24, 2008 01:21PM

There's one past security in Dulles Airport too.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.