HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
ARREST warrant
Posted by: chaos ()
Date: August 10, 2005 09:48PM

does anyone know the full process about an arrest warrant?before they arrest you do they have to show you the warrant itself and give you a copy?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: ARREST warrant
Posted by: Cary ()
Date: August 10, 2005 09:52PM

No. They don't even have to physically have the warrant with them, as long as it's signed and "on its way"

Date: August 10, 2005 09:53PM

because a friend of mine got arrested, saying they had two warrants for his arrest, they didn't give him a copy, and they didn't send him to jail, or to the magistrate's office. they took him back to the station to try and help them

Posted by: rstidman ()
Date: August 10, 2005 09:55PM

I believe "warrants? we don't need no stinking warrants" was the official motto of the Fairfax County police until last year, when they changed it to "we have new shiny cars".

Date: August 10, 2005 09:56PM

i just want to know if that was legal for them to do that, becasue to my knowledge, i thoguht you ahd to be shown the warrant of arrest, and also given a copy. even if you didn't, i know that you should be taken to jail or the magistrate's office, and none of those things were done

Posted by: Hemsk ()
Date: August 10, 2005 09:58PM

They don't need warrants in-hand to arrest. Simply knowing that there are warrants on file is enough for them to arrest you.

Date: August 10, 2005 09:59PM

alright, i guess one question is answered. what about the other?don't they have to put you in jail or send you to the magistrate?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:08PM

you've given a very sketchy detailing here so it's hard to say what is up in your friend's case

if they didn't put him in jail then what did they do with him... be as specific as you need to be.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:11PM

I believe the answer is yes, but it's conditional. Your earlier statement that they took him back to the station seemed to end abruptly.

I believe that they could take him to the station to "detain" him for questioning regarding an ongoing investigation if they felt it was necessary. If they bring him straight to jail or the magistrate, they could not interrogate him first.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:12PM

they took him back to the station and tried to get them to help him setup people. they said he had two felonies against him, they didn't charge him with anything. they said if you dont' help, we're putting you in jail.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:16PM

So did he help?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:17PM

no

Posted by: mad max, JD ()
Date: August 10, 2005 10:25PM

That's why you always ask for a lawyer whenever you're detained, preferably me starting next october.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:28PM

They told him that he'd go to jail unless he helped. He didn't help, but he's not in jail.

Am I missing something? Are you sure he did(n't) help?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:29PM

Because I would imagine that the police department wouldn't joke about that kinda thing... ("haha, no you can go. we were just fucking with you about the warrants.")

Date: August 10, 2005 10:30PM

i'm sure he didn't, he told them he would, but he hasn't. they think he's going to. but my question is, aren't they suppose to take him to jail or the magistrate upon the warrant?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:36PM

Cops lie, there was no warrant.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:36PM

I would think so. Unless I am way off (which I have been known to be), the warrant would have been issued by a judge or magistrate, so there's not a lot that the police department can do to negotiate that or make the warrant go away. I think that the county prosecutor has to drop the charge from that point. It seems odd to me that they let him go, but without knowing more about the circumstances, I am only guessing here...

Oh, and IANAL, YMMV, OMGWTF, stuff like that.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:39PM

when they went ot the station, they flashed the warrants, there were on white paper, and not on the colored paper, whatever color that is, they said they ran out of colored paper, but pointed out the "F" for felony in the corner

Date: August 10, 2005 10:39PM

they said it was for two distribution charges back in MARCH

Date: August 10, 2005 10:45PM

That's got to be the lamest story I've heard in a while. They get an "F" for their lack of believability.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:46PM

rofl, stupid question probably, but i'm assuming some cops know about this site?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:47PM

Two felony distribution charges in March? The county would have been beating down your--I mean "his" door well before now.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:47PM

that's what i was thinking

Date: August 10, 2005 10:48PM

With the way everybody goes on about "bud" and "head shops" and the likes, I would be stunned if they *weren't* watching the site.

Date: August 10, 2005 10:49PM

yeah i just got told about this site from my friend, he just showed me how to look up people's records and shit

Date: August 10, 2005 10:57PM

so since the warrant of arrest wasn't issued, bcause he didn't go straight to jail or the magistrate, that arrest was illegal?

Date: August 10, 2005 10:59PM

He does not appear to have been arrested. The cops lied to him to willingly go to the station with them.

nothing wrong with talking head shops, but the bud talk could be a little more circumspect..

that's what i was thinking, since he didn't goto straight to jail, or the magistrate

Date: August 10, 2005 11:00PM

can't he do something about that though?being cuffed and told he was under arrest, but he really wasn't

Date: August 10, 2005 11:02PM

His word against theirs. Nothing he can do except learn what to do next time.

Date: August 10, 2005 11:04PM

but what word?they can't say they arrested him legally, because they didn't really issue the warrants, and they didn't take him to jail or the magistrate

Date: August 10, 2005 11:05PM

They asked him to come to the station with them and he went willingly.

Date: August 10, 2005 11:07PM

well they put him in cuffs, said he was under arrest

Date: August 10, 2005 11:09PM

Judge: Did you cuff him and tell him he's under arrest?

Officer #1: No

Officer #2: No

Judge: That's some good work boys.

Date: August 10, 2005 11:10PM

good wording, thank you

Posted by: MrDoctor ()
Date: August 11, 2005 12:32AM

hes a snitch dont trust him

Posted by: Cary ()
Date: August 11, 2005 12:57AM

Your friend was selling drugs, most likely pot. The "distribution charges" from march weren't actually charges but rather when the "controlled buys" from a confidential informant (read: narc) took place. After they knew what was up I'm sure they surveilled his house for a couple months to see who came and went, and to see if he got any bigger.

Usually the narcotics unit will make three controlled buys and use that as enough evidence to get a search warrant for the house (hoping to find a much larger stash). If that didn't happen they probably couldn't get any more sales or figured he was too small for it to be worth their while.

Your friend was taken back to the police station and probably bullshitted with them for a couple hours telling them how he can get the bigger fish or whatnot. They entered him into the CI program and let him go. This is a little unusual because in any case I've heard about before they usually at least formally charge him and a detective will walk with him into fairfax ADC (with a ski mask) to tell the magistrate that he's being cooperative and to set the bail low.

Be skeptical about your friend. If you're involved in any illegal activities with him (other than recreational usage) stop, now. Ask him for the truth.

If you have any other questions let me know.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2005 05:58AM by Cary.

Posted by: CERTenly1007 ()
Date: October 13, 2011 02:13AM

CERT says for sure under arrest!!!

Posted by: nameless ()
Date: October 13, 2011 09:10PM

What station was your friend taken to? There are video Magistrate at some of the Fairfax county Police stations. And your friend could of been released without a bond. Where you in the room the whole time with your friend he/she might not be telling you everything.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.