HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
When did Mike Pallone Chevrolet close?
Posted by: where's the dealership? ()
Date: November 10, 2010 03:48PM

See subject.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: When did Mike Pallone Chevrolet close?
Posted by: T2T ()
Date: November 10, 2010 04:08PM

I'm sure it was at least 2-3 months ago. We were looking at buying a new vehicle in June and took a drive to their site. They only had some 2009 and a few 2010 models on the lot - actually, only about 20 vehicles, total. Their sales guy that we were working with said more would be coming in during August - new, 2011 models. Of course, this seemed very suspicioius to us. The sales office was extremely dead. One sales manager and 2-3 sales people. That was all. The service department looked as though it had been completely abandoned at that time, too. No vehicles waiting for service and it looked like all of their mechanics had been fired, or left for other jobs.

I tried to do some research on the Internet to see if Mike Pallone was on the list of GM dealerships that were closing, but couldn't locate a listing, as apparently, GM kept this all confidential.

The writing was clearly on the wall for us in June. We ended up going to Koons Ford and purchased our crossover SUV instead.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2010 04:10PM by T2T.

Posted by: PALLONE SUCKED ()
Date: November 12, 2010 02:51PM

looks like karma is a bitch. They were shady. One time while getting my oil changed there, my golf clubs disappeared from the trunk. Another time, someone took all the change out of the arm rest.
Good riddance, douchebag service dept.
McKay or Pohanka are better options anyway.

Posted by: workedthere.. ()
Date: November 13, 2010 06:58PM

Pallone's last day was Oct. 31st. They were on GMs list of dealers to shut down. As part of the wind down program, they couldn't order any new cars the last year or so.The property is sold to a developer who are putting in office buildings there.

Posted by: -SBS-_ ()
Date: November 14, 2010 01:06AM

Good riddance. Terrible service department, and parts department, too. Called them to ask about availability of a part - answer: Not in stock, have to order it, takes about a week.

Same question for same part at Pohanka - answer: Not in stock, but we can have it here tomorrow afternoon.

Posted by: ...in the 22039 ()
Date: November 14, 2010 08:58PM

Good riddance!

I was a Pallone customer for many years - then they got bad!

Bunch of jerks!

I called to complain and could tell it was not going to go anywhere...

Good riddance, Pallone!

Oh, and I knew he was on the GM Wind down closure list. Guess he couldn't win the appeal like others...

Posted by: say ()
Date: November 14, 2010 09:28PM

Is Mike Pallone still alive? If he is, he'd be pretty old. He took over the dealership in the late 60's from the military guy that opened it as Command Chevrolet. Sometimes things go to shit when the owner dies (or is babbling in the nursing home).

I never bought a car from Pallone, but I have fond memories of Pallone's parts department. I was into drag racing in the early 70's and got most of my go-fast stuff from Jim Kemp (can't believe I still remember his name after 40 years!) at Pallone. In those days, GM had a performance catalog with some really great stuff you could order. Like the ZL-1 cam for the big block. Better (and cheaper, thanks to Kemp) than any of the speed shop stuff. When Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg opened, they lured Kemp away. I still got my shit from him, but hated driving way the fuck over there.

RIP Pallone.

Posted by: yomomma ()
Date: November 15, 2010 10:41AM

I went to look at one of their used cars about a year ago. The price was higher then the bluebook and it was by no means an upgraded car or in 100% perfect condition. I offered them the bluebook value in cash, and they refused to budge even 1 dollar on the price. I took my business elsewhere. The sales person I deal with was completely rude and told me that he didn't care that I could pay cash on the spot because they'd rather me finance and make more money off of me. I drove past the dealership for months after on my way to work and that car was still sitting out there.

Date: November 15, 2010 11:52AM

It seemed to me, Pallone's dealership like "special financing" plans and targeted the newbies from Ft. Belvoir.

Don't know if Mike Pallone is still alive. His house is near 7100 and OKM.

Date: November 15, 2010 07:17PM

...in the 22039 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It seemed to me, Pallone's dealership like
> "special financing" plans and targeted the newbies
> from Ft. Belvoir.
>
> Don't know if Mike Pallone is still alive. His
> house is near 7100 and OKM.

A lot of car dealers prey on the low ranking military members.

It's absolutely pitiful what they do to these young morons.

Posted by:     ()
Date: November 15, 2010 11:30PM

say Wrote:
> ...in the 22039 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > It seemed to me, Pallone's dealership like
> > "special financing" plans and targeted the
> newbies
> > from Ft. Belvoir.
> >
> > Don't know if Mike Pallone is still alive. His
> > house is near 7100 and OKM.
>
>
> A lot of car dealers prey on the low ranking
> military members.
>
> It's absolutely pitiful what they do to these
> young morons.

Buyer beware at its best

Posted by: rrs540 ()
Date: November 16, 2010 04:10PM

We bought a used Suburban from there 7 years ago. The service department sucked, never doing the job right, wrong parts, etc. So I ended up just going to McKay.

Posted by: are the two little guys ok? ()
Date: November 16, 2010 06:54PM

It's too bad they're gone, even though I never bought anything from them I used to get a kick out of his tv commercials. He was the definitive cheesy used car pitchman who used to end his commercials with "and remember I've got two little guys at home". If he wasn't bullshitting about it he must have been talking about his grandchildren, the guy looked like he was easily in his 80's.

Date: November 16, 2010 07:17PM

rrs540 Wrote:
> We bought a used Suburban from there 7 years ago.
> The service department sucked, never doing the job
> right, wrong parts, etc. So I ended up just going
> to McKay.

I wonder how Jim McKay made the cut? It seemed to me like the mega-dealers got preference.

As far as I know, McKay is a single store operation, which they say can't make it nowadays...you gotta be a chain selling most of the makes.

I bought a Prizm from McKay in '98 and it was a pleasant experience. Don't know about the service dept, a Prizm was really a Toyota Corolla...hence it's never been in any shop except for tires.

Posted by: thedownlow ()
Date: November 17, 2010 07:30PM

Pallone is still alive, well into his 80s though. He still came into work every single day to the last day. His wife was sick for a while and died a few months ago. GM offered to renew his franchise, but in a different location. He had been in Springfield for 40 years and did not want to start all over somewhere new. (can't say I'd blame the guy)

Posted by: semiauto ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:36AM

I heard most of the staff went to ourisman chevy of alexandria.I need work done on my chevy,wonder how that place is.

Posted by: ourisman sucks ()
Date: November 19, 2010 12:42AM

semiauto Wrote:
> I heard most of the staff went to ourisman chevy
> of alexandria.I need work done on my chevy,wonder
> how that place is.

Ourisman is absolute shit.

Posted by: rrs540 ()
Date: November 19, 2010 08:36AM

Yeah McKay doesn't have a large inventory of new/used but they've been there since 1956, have a large following, and are right in the middle of Fairfax. Same goes for Ted Britt Ford, which we bought our Explorer from, great buy.

Date: November 20, 2010 05:54PM

The McKays and Britts are intermarried.

Posted by: Mike ()
Date: November 30, 2010 09:37PM

I bought 3 cars from Pallone and had service done there on several occasions. They were all very good experiences. I will miss Pallone.

Posted by: artie ()
Date: November 30, 2010 11:18PM

They closed because of numerous reasons, the biggest reason is because pallone wants to sell his property because of the huge boom at ft belvoir

Posted by: here's the deal... ()
Date: December 01, 2010 10:26AM

The property has been sold.Patriot Ridge is on the way. It will be an 800,000 square foot Class A office campus developed by the new owners; Corporate Office Parks Trust.
Attachments:
patriot ridge.jpg

Posted by: scotty ()
Date: December 01, 2010 04:55PM

Pallone lived right across the street from me, 1973 to 1980 when I moved out from my parents. !973, just got out from high school. He never had a mailbox, had someone cut his grass. so the only time u saw him was when he pulled in or out of his garage, he might wave and thats it. Shades always pulled on all the windows. Strange. We new his wife was sick alot, but we never talked to him. No flowers in front yard, just some bushes, very boring.

Posted by: Suzi Bee ()
Date: December 01, 2010 07:54PM

I always felt that 90% of GM's problems were not it's cars but the crappy dealerships who had no interest in maintaining the cars. They couldn't even fix simple problems. GM's problem is that they didn't hold the dealerships feet to the fire

Posted by: part of the team ()
Date: December 01, 2010 09:47PM

just curious Suzie B...were you a customer? Or is this a generalization of your view of all GM dealers.

I worked on the front line there for several years. Our shop business grew even in the face of declining sales. I personally knew, and know today, many customers who wouldn't take their Chevy (and later, Buick, Pontiac ,GMC, Saturn when we were permitted to do cross line warranty work) anywhere else.

We used to measure what we called F.I.R. (Fix It Right the first time) not thru GM surveys, but through a next day independant call back service. Everyone involved in the process knew the target: 90%. To hit it was the norm. To miss it brought a lot of scurtiny from mgmt.

Sorry it didn't work that way for you. But I witnessed the processing of 60 plus Repair Orders a day for a decade that causes me to find your impression as the exception. That is IF you were a Pallone customer.

BTW, within our industry, the franchise with the worst customer handling history, even by their own internals (must admit 3 or 4 years ago) TOYOTA....oh, what a feeling.....

Also, for whom do you work Suzie B? The infallible Fed Gov't? Or some other infallible organization? Must be great to be part of perfection....

Date: December 02, 2010 01:00AM

Suzi bee is right.The vast majority of gm dealers are run by second rate, hack, criminals,this is just a fact.

Posted by: 45ACP ()
Date: December 05, 2010 06:46AM

Good riddance.

I bought a new Nissan in the mid-90s. I had all kinds of problems with it, and tried to take it to Pallone Nissan to have them fixed, both under warranty and with me paying. They never fixed anything right, and they gave me a tremendous hassle for the warranty repairs. Sometimes it would be absurd how they were denying obvious things just so they didn't have to fix it, or fix it right this time. That car was a nightmare, and when I finally got rid of it, the lousy way they treated me convinced me that I would never buy anything from Pallone, and I would never buy a Nissan again.

The guys at Pallone were shady losers. I'll laugh when I drive by and see the place being bulldozed to the ground.

Posted by: Slobbering Fool ()
Date: December 05, 2010 07:00AM

45ACP Wrote:
> Good riddance.
>
>
>
> The guys at Pallone were shady losers. I'll laugh
> when I drive by and see the place being bulldozed
> to the ground.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
I'm right there with you brother. I'll also be laughing when I see nazi uniformed soldiers lining up ALL car dealer 'salesmen' to 'mechanics' and machine gunning them down into massive open graves. They're ALL lying pigs.

Posted by: TJH ()
Date: January 01, 2011 07:01PM

I had my care serviced there and they stole items from my interior under the seat. Low life garbage. Now his family is cashing in on the sale.

Roast in hell, Pallone.

Date: January 02, 2011 12:45AM

You cant leave any items in your car when taking it to a dealership,especialy a GM dealership.They will rob you blind. But you really get robbed when you agree to have them do routine maintenance which they never do,they call it flat rating.Then they all suck each others dick in a congratulating fashion, having ripped off another customer. You know who you are.......GUMP!!!!!

Posted by: Chucky ()
Date: March 03, 2011 01:15AM

I heard that a new chevrolet dealership is going into the old pallone building,anyone know anything about this?

Posted by: Probably B.S. ()
Date: March 03, 2011 07:17AM

Chucky Wrote:
> I heard that a new chevrolet dealership is going
> into the old pallone building,anyone know anything
> about this?

I'd highly doubt it. GM, while getting taken over by the Government, had to do some major streamlining. If you look up several posts in this thread, it appears the land has been sold off to some developer.

Posted by: Bull Dozer ()
Date: March 09, 2011 04:06PM

One of the buildings is gone. They were just finishing the final truckloads of debris.

Posted by: BrandonGMU ()
Date: March 09, 2011 10:59PM

I was driving by it to Costco yesterday for tires. The building was halfway down when I drove by the first time, and was 100% demolished 90 minutes later.

Posted by: buggers ()
Date: March 11, 2011 07:06AM

As of today, March 11, 2011, both buildings are now gone.

Anyone know what they will be doing to the one currently standing with the orange and white trailer in front?

Posted by: stacksjenkins ()
Date: March 11, 2011 09:46AM

I heard the real reason they closed down was because of threats from Battlin Burt Lustine.

Posted by: justdafax ()
Date: March 11, 2011 10:07AM

stacks...the building to which you refer is the former Nissan facility. It is going down as well. It is part of the Patriot Ridge project that will also extend down to Fullerton Rd. behind the Virginia Commerce Bank building and the gas station on the corner of Backlick and Fullerton.

Battling Burt had not a thing to do with any of this. The development opportunity provided by the arrival of NGIA had everything to do with it.
Attachments:
IMG00011-20100807-0950.jpg

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: March 11, 2011 11:13AM

I hope they have to widen Backlick there when they build. It is going to be a nightmare to drive anywhere around there. Pretty buildings though

Date: March 11, 2011 11:36AM

the only road improvements scheduled:

1- add accelleration and decelleration lanes at the main access point

2- a traffic light at that same point

Also of interest to the general traffic issues, which will be HUGE, the developer has to help fund a circular bus operation that will run continuously between the Metro station near the mall and the Patriot Ridge location, as well as other, future stops.

Tenant employees will be provided incentives (smart cards, etc.) for using the subway and other mass transit systems. They'll have an additional incentive in that even with 6 levels of structured parking going up across the breadth of the back of the site, the parking to employee ratio is very restrictive. This is by design to discourage single passenger vehicle commuting.

Even with all of the traffic headaches, this project is a much needed shot in the arm for South Fairfax. Patriot Ridge will be the catylist for much positivce change.

Posted by: stacksjenkins ()
Date: March 13, 2011 09:58PM

Man I was just kidding about Battlin Burt Lustine. I just felt like typing out "Battlin' Burt Lustine" and this seemed like an appropriate thread.

Posted by: Malibu ()
Date: March 24, 2011 05:12PM

Interesting series of comments about the life and times of Pallone Chevrolet and family.

My parents used to know the Pallome family personally through the Springfield Chamber of Commerce. My parents brought all of their cars from him. I used to work in the parts dept back in the summer of 1979 and I have to admit, I saw all kinds shady stuff go on behind the counter and in the garage that I quit after three months. I wasn't about to be part of it. (I do remember of couple of names of who were there when I was there...Jim Kemp was one of them...I think, if I remember correctly, he was back in the corner handling auto body parts; but then there was a fellow name Cliff, can't remember his last name; another fellow, can't remember his name but can see his face, nice guy but he was tall and I never saw him without a hat; a parts truck driver name Dutch; and there were two other people that worked parts office but again, I can see their faces but not their names...)

In all honestly, Mr. Pallone didn't really know what went on downstairs. He and his wife spent all of their time in office or out to business meetings. Very rarely did he ever walk around the complex.

In 1983, I did buy a car from the dealership and got a decent deal. (I think). I took the car to them for warranty service only but after that, I would either do my own service or go to an independent shop because it was a heck of a lot cheaper. That principle STILL is today.

It is true that the dealership lost the GM franchise sometime last year after all these years so it was only natural he close up shop, sell the land, and last I heard, he moved to Fla. Now, whether or not he is still alive or not, I don't know. Don't really care either for that matter. I did like the man, though. He was okay.

A comment was made about the floor sale people. The trick is that you have to have done ALL of your homework beforehand before stepping foot into a dealership. Once you've done that, then THEY will play into YOUR hands and not you into their's. If they want to make a sale of SOME sort, they will work with you. Don't bother with window stickers, They're bogus. Research on the internet and you will find out EXACTLY how much the DEALERSHIP itself paid WHOLEsale on the car. Believe it or not, it's public information. Give them a couple of percentage points and that's it. If they try to start adding "options" that you didn't ask for, walk out. They will come running after you to save the sale. Works for me everytime. One time I brought a car with a free $800 alarm system among other things. They wanted my sale, I had them eating out of my hand.

Anyway, it was a pleasure to read all the previous and somewhat humorous comments and allowed me to put in my two-cents worth. Okay, so it's a little longer than two-cents.

But, nonetheless, it is time for changes for that property and surrounding areas.
Springfield is growing.

Posted by: Malibu ()
Date: March 24, 2011 05:30PM

I'm starting to remember who was working in the Parts dept back in the day when I was there.... The individual who worked the auto body parts counter in the back was an older fellow name Lester.

Still can't remember the tall fellow who worked along side with Cliff....

Now that's going to bug me.....

...maybe if I sleep on it....

Posted by: derrrp ()
Date: March 24, 2011 05:52PM

Malibu Wrote:
> Interesting series of comments about the life and
> times of Pallone Chevrolet and family.
>
> My parents used to know the Pallome family
> personally through the Springfield Chamber of
> Commerce. My parents brought all of their cars
> from him. I used to work in the parts dept back in
> the summer of 1979 and I have to admit, I saw all
> kinds shady stuff go on behind the counter and in
> the garage that I quit after three months. I
> wasn't about to be part of it. (I do remember of
> couple of names of who were there when I was
> there...Jim Kemp was one of them...I think, if I
> remember correctly, he was back in the corner
> handling auto body parts; but then there was a
> fellow name Cliff, can't remember his last name;
> another fellow, can't remember his name but can
> see his face, nice guy but he was tall and I never
> saw him without a hat; a parts truck driver name
> Dutch; and there were two other people that worked
> parts office but again, I can see their faces but
> not their names...)
>
> In all honestly, Mr. Pallone didn't really know
> what went on downstairs. He and his wife spent
> all of their time in office or out to business
> meetings. Very rarely did he ever walk around the
> complex.
>
> In 1983, I did buy a car from the dealership and
> got a decent deal. (I think). I took the car to
> them for warranty service only but after that, I
> would either do my own service or go to an
> independent shop because it was a heck of a lot
> cheaper. That principle STILL is today.
>
> It is true that the dealership lost the GM
> franchise sometime last year after all these years
> so it was only natural he close up shop, sell the
> land, and last I heard, he moved to Fla. Now,
> whether or not he is still alive or not, I don't
> know. Don't really care either for that matter.
> I did like the man, though. He was okay.
>
> A comment was made about the floor sale people.
> The trick is that you have to have done ALL of
> your homework beforehand before stepping foot into
> a dealership. Once you've done that, then THEY
> will play into YOUR hands and not you into
> their's. If they want to make a sale of SOME
> sort, they will work with you. Don't bother with
> window stickers, They're bogus. Research on the
> internet and you will find out EXACTLY how much
> the DEALERSHIP itself paid WHOLEsale on the car.
> Believe it or not, it's public information. Give
> them a couple of percentage points and that's it.
> If they try to start adding "options" that you
> didn't ask for, walk out. They will come running
> after you to save the sale. Works for me
> everytime. One time I brought a car with a free
> $800 alarm system among other things. They wanted
> my sale, I had them eating out of my hand.
>
> Anyway, it was a pleasure to read all the previous
> and somewhat humorous comments and allowed me to
> put in my two-cents worth. Okay, so it's a little
> longer than two-cents.
>
> But, nonetheless, it is time for changes for that
> property and surrounding areas.
> Springfield is growing.

tl;dr --> he feels the need to tell us the names of some people he worked with 30 years ago and then rambles on about some common sense bullshit... bosses dont fraternize with the littles, dealers are expensive for auto work, you can haggle with dealers.

Posted by: tugboat ()
Date: March 24, 2011 08:43PM

YOU ARE NOT ALONE WHEN YOUR SCREWED BY PALLONE..KARMA BITCH,YOU GOT WHAT YOU DESERVE..ROT IN HELL PALLONE..THE WORST "STEALERSHIP" IN THE WORLD....HA HA HA

Posted by: chucky ()
Date: March 25, 2011 12:54AM

I don't know about karma.I think all the second rate, back stabing, hack, two bit hustler thiefs are alive and well and ripping off customers in another northern Va
dealership.Oh,i forgot to mention that after they rip off their customers they suck each others dick in a congratulating fashion.

Date: March 25, 2011 12:56PM

I dont know about karma either.

Posted by: Kelly D. Keys ()
Date: March 31, 2011 07:47PM

We moved to West Springfield back in 1966. We owned all GM cars. I grew up in that area for nearly 40 years. As I recall, it was originally opened by a group of retired military guys. One of which was a retired Admiral and was initially named "Admiral Chevrolet". Pallone took it over in the late 60s or early 70s. So long to an old Springfield Icon. Very few of the old haunts/places are left except for the small strip malls where Peyton Place restaurant is still located. Dang. . . seems like only yesterday. =(

- Kelly (WSHS 1976)

Date: March 31, 2011 09:29PM

Kelly D. Keys Wrote:
> We moved to West Springfield back in 1966. We
> owned all GM cars. I grew up in that area for
> nearly 40 years. As I recall, it was originally
> opened by a group of retired military guys. One of
> which was a retired Admiral and was initially
> named "Admiral Chevrolet". Pallone took it over in
> the late 60s or early 70s. So long to an old
> Springfield Icon. Very few of the old
> haunts/places are left except for the small strip
> malls where Peyton Place restaurant is still
> located. Dang. . . seems like only yesterday. =(
>
> - Kelly (WSHS 1976)

I remember when it was Command Chevrolet. Was it Admiral before that?

-say (AHS 1969)

Date: April 01, 2011 10:12AM

The facility was built by General Motors in 1969. They put Col. Peck (no relation to the Arlington Bob Peck) in as dealer operator under their Motors Holding program. Motors Holding was formed to develop new GM stores and acquire existing ones and then sell them in structured buy out deals to their hand picked operators.

Peck chose the name Command Chevrolet. It was near failure/collapse by 1970. Peck was removed as operator. Harry Criswell Sr. came in but left of his own volition after 6 months believing that the store was not viable. He later opened the very viable Criswell Chevrolet in Gaithersburg.

Mike Pallone came in as the 3rd Motors Holding operator in late 1970.

It never was Admiral Chevrolet. The Command name was a recognition of the proximity to Fort Belvoir and Col. Peck's Army background.

Date: April 04, 2011 01:43PM

Was this the same Col. Peck who had a son named Templeton, a key member of the A-Team?

Seriously, great story - and for Criswell, they are the #1 dealer in the region. Koons used to be big however, they are slipping fast on sales... or so it seems...

Posted by: gotheskinny ()
Date: November 11, 2011 11:51AM

Mike Pallone sold the place for MILLIONS!
He is one of the cheapest people you ever want to meet and he still has his mansion in Burke.

Posted by: Wonderin ()
Date: November 11, 2011 04:27PM

What companies are going in to the new office buildings?

Posted by: Shadow ()
Date: November 11, 2011 04:45PM

gotheskinny Wrote:
> Mike Pallone sold the place for MILLIONS!
> He is one of the cheapest people you ever want to
> meet and he still has his mansion in Burke.

Burke does not have anything that could remotely be called a mansion.

Posted by: kelly bartlett ()
Date: December 08, 2011 02:17PM

hmmmmm........golf clubs missing. Interesting as that was never bought up to any employees of the dealership. and I am still doing some of the books, I would like to know more about this. I can be reached at 571-285-1343, PLEASE CONTACT ME, as no record of this was ever documented. It is easy to bash a business once it has closed isnt it?

Pallone Chevrolet had to close its door in October 2010 due to General Motors/Govt Motors. This is a shame as Mr. Pallone is the most honest man I ever had the pleasure and honor of working for. I was his office manager for well over 10 years and he ALWAYS put the customer first. Mr Pallone was in business for over 40 years and was a very valuable asset to Fairfax County. He will be missed.

Posted by: kelly bartlett ()
Date: December 08, 2011 02:37PM

btw, Fairfax County honored Mr Pallone in February 2011 for all of his generousity to the community and for his patriotism. Which btw, he still contributes every chance he gets. Fairfax County has already approved to have the big American Flag fly once all the new buildings are up. this is something that Mr. Pallone had a hand in, How many of you can say that you back all of our troops as much as he does, He not only "talks the talk, he walks the walk."

Most of the people here I see complaining either have their facts totally incorrect, talking for the sake of talking, and have no clue as to the real reasoning behind the sale of the properties. I only see a lot of people that show no morals or ethics. That is a shame - as you will never compare to the real man that Mike Pallone is. And yes, he is still alive - grieving the loss of his beloved wife. Shame on some of you for your uncharitable thoughts.

Mr Pallone to this day is still honoring his contracts with customers. If you knew what you were talking about you would have know this. I still deal with alot of his previous customers on a daily basis.

and yes, I am signing my real name, with the phone and email I can be reached at. I am honored to have contact with Mr. Mike Pallone to this day.

Kelly Bartlett
571-285-1343
ac1@mikepallone.com or
kellyab3@aol.com

Posted by: Got Bad Service ()
Date: December 08, 2011 09:39PM

Several years ago I brought in my Chevy to Mike Pallone for work - knowing that I needed some front end work. I also asked them to fix a headlight that was not aimed correctly - and I advised them that I knew it was due to my replacing the bulb. Once they had my car they said I needed to have them look at the rear end and I authorized $500 in additional repairs. When they called back again they informed me that they had taken apart the rear drive axle and did I want to put in over $4k in work -- I said no and they then informed me that they couldn't put it back together again. So I ended up putting in huge amounts of money for a car that probably wasn't worth it.

Then when I am driving I discover that the headlight is way, way out of whack. I went back and they assured me that I need to spend hundreds of dollars to fix it. I explained, again, that the problem was related to how the bulb was installed (I swear you need first grader with a thin arm to get in there). All they did was try to adjust the hell out of it. I demanded a refund and they refused. I then took it to a gas station and they undid the Mike Pallone "service." They did eventually refund their "light repair" but it was a very unpleasant situation. And, needless to say, I remain more then skeptical about the rear axle "repairs".

Count me as one more person glad that Pallone closed their doors.

Posted by: chucky ()
Date: December 09, 2011 12:19PM

Kelly

I dont doubt that Mr Palone is a decent guy,but he was just the owner.
Seems like the complaints stem from the shady service and sales and parts dept.
This is common at dealerships,especially domestic ones.According to some of the posts here these second rate ,hack, two bit thiefs are alive and well and ripping off customers at another nova dealership.

Posted by: I LOVE BLONDES ()
Date: December 09, 2011 12:31PM

Who cares.

blonde-a.gifblonde-a.gifblonde-a.gif

Posted by: Oh yeh.... ()
Date: December 09, 2011 12:43PM

Mike Pallone and Crystal Koons....ass to ass, oh yeh

Posted by: Ashamed of many of you ()
Date: December 10, 2011 07:23PM

How would you like to read that someone would like to MACHINE GUN down a family member of yours? Wow. Ok ..... some facts 1. You will never find a perfect dealership or employee. However, Pallone had an owner who LOVED what he built & appreciated his employees. Mr. Pallone is still very much alive and a kind man. He is mourning the loss of his wife and business, but still moving forward with the strength that he showed all of those decades building Pallone. 2. EVERY dealership has a "mixture" of employees from young & inexperienced to the very talented & experienced to the ones who have given their backs/knees/joints/etc to their job for decade after decade after decade. 3. Not "every single" squeek, rattle, knock, ping, funny odor, odd noise etc can be explained or fixed 100% of the time. Human beings have to often go back to their Dr numberous times for tests, lab work, exams, a waiting period to see if the problem improves, etc, yet many seem to think you can drop off a high tech automobile and have it fixed in an hour or even a day and always the FIRST time. It just doesn't work like that for ANY dealership, so why rag on Pallone?

My family member is one of the talented, trusted, considerate and gives 110% type of employee, so to hear your insults and then see a post about a machine gun scenario sickens me. I would never say such a thing period. You should just be ashamed. It's a business that employes hard working men & women. Yes, some work more than others. Yes, some need to be let go and some were & some were given more chances. The new, inexperienced or the dreaded "we know it all already" type of employees are going to negatively affect a business at times, but GUESS WHAT EVERYONE ................... we are ALL NEW and INEXPERIENCED or THINK WE HAVE THE ANSWERS at "some" time in our lives. If you had one bad experience, then reference the bad "part" of the experience, but praise those who treated you with kindness at the dealership ... those who went out of their way for you .... those who didn't come home to their children & families on time MANY times to help a stranger's CAR stop making a noise or run better.

My family member had the SAFETY and WELL-BEING of YOUR family member on his heart when he stayed late TIME and TIME and TIME again. Like I said, you should be ashamed of your comments. They hurt those who gave so much to the organization. They hurt those who took PRIDE in the excellent job they did.

God bless.

Posted by: Bravo Kelly ()
Date: December 10, 2011 08:27PM

Beautifully stated Kelly and SO very true! God bless you!

Posted by: Kelly Bartlett ()
Date: December 19, 2011 03:12PM

Bravo Kelly Wrote:
> Beautifully stated Kelly and SO very true! God
> bless you!

Thank you but It should read "God Bless Mike Pallone!" for his dedication to his customers, employees and the community.

Posted by: FWIW ()
Date: March 31, 2012 05:53PM

About Mike Pallone Chevrolet
http://www.manta.com/c/mm2bfjw/mike-pallone-chevrolet
(excerpt):
After over 40 years Mr Pallone had to close its doors in Oct, 2010.
7722 Backlick Road
Springfield, VA22150-2209
Phone: (703) 866-7800
Copyright © Manta Media Inc. All rights reserved
-----------------------------

Posted by: captainobvious ()
Date: March 31, 2012 07:44PM

spam post is obvious spam

Posted by: TMT ()
Date: August 29, 2012 10:13AM

Jim McKay was forced by Detroit to put a new engine in my daughter's failing new Aveo on 8/20/12.The motor in the car was going bad and a fantastic Field Rep told McKay to replace the bad motor with a brand new one,sent straight from Detoit.They begrudgingly did the job and it didn't cost us a penny.They were not happy but we sure as heck were.!

Posted by: andthentheresthis... ()
Date: August 29, 2012 01:44PM

Hate to break in on your schottenfreud (sp?) moment, but McKay would not have had to pay for the engine. General Motors reserves the right to inspect and approve such repairs, but once authorized, they are obligated to pay the dealer for the parts and labor at pre-established rates and mark-ups. Jim McKay, and all other dealers, are only too happy to provide whatever remedy is indicated and paid for by the manufacturer's warranty.

Posted by: Terry Shreve ()
Date: February 20, 2013 06:47PM

For those of you who don't know me I operated a towing service in Northern Virginia from 1972 until 1999. We were the exclusive tow co. for Pallone Chevrolet from 1974 until I retired in 1999 (over 25 years). I personally knew Mr. Pallone and his wife. His was one of the fairest businesses we dealt with. He always paid his bills on time. I never went by his dealership without seeing him there giving personal contact to everyone he met. Most dealerships are run by corporations. you will never meet the owner. Not so with "Mr. P". He truly loved the business. And I might add his lovely wife was also always there. I'm not saying that some people didn't have issues. This happens with every business. I can say with all honesty that in my over 27 years as a businessman in Northern Virginia I never met a nicer and more devoted couple. I talk to Mr. P from time to time. I live on a ranch in Oklahoma now. He kept promising me he will come see us. I'm sorry his lovely wife is not around for the trip.

Posted by: UNNCALLED4 ()
Date: August 16, 2013 02:40PM

I have purchased 3 used cars from Pallone and was satisfied with all of them. One had a very odd transmission issue that only occurred after 40 or so minutes of continued driving. When I took the car back 2 weeks later they repaired it free of charge even though I bought the car "as is". Is anyone know where the used car manager works today, please post his information. Thanks.

Posted by: Jim Mckay ()
Date: July 05, 2015 10:05PM

Muahahahahhhaahahah~!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.