HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
A British Perspective of Islam
Posted by: Bob James ()
Date: August 26, 2007 06:23PM

It is hoped that the views of this commentator are of a limited few of the world's fastest growing religion. Diverse Fairfax County would seem to be respectful of all--I think that we are one of the most diverse counties in the nation and among some ethnic groups, the highest educational achievements.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: A British Perspective of Islam
Date: August 26, 2007 06:24PM

...and here's the British perspective:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=418_1176494781

Posted by: Islam Islame ()
Date: August 26, 2007 08:36PM

The commentator is absolutely right! People are so afraid to speak out about Islam because they don't want to be targeted. If you're dumb enough to buy into this cult, you're dumb enough to blow yourself up for it and take others with you. All religions are silly, but muslims are the worst of Jehovahs blind witlessnesses.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 26, 2007 11:59PM

ooooooofff toooooppiiicc

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Posted by: erik ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:00AM

Bob James Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> It is hoped that the views of this commentator are
> of a limited few of the world's fastest growing
> religion. Diverse Fairfax County would seem to be
> respectful of all--I think that we are one of the
> most diverse counties in the nation and among some
> ethnic groups, the highest educational
> achievements.

I'm not sure what you're trying to say, but I think it's fair to point out that Mr. Condell offers very insightful commentary on Christians as well as Muslims.

Posted by: slimey ()
Date: August 27, 2007 11:37AM

I do not discriminate against Muslims. They are all equally worthless.

Posted by: felix ()
Date: August 27, 2007 12:23PM

Hey, wondor if there were any American Flags flowing at last Saturday's Northern Virginia Muslim community event at Reston's Lake Fairfax Park. The Wash Post does not elaborate on the group's patriotism, or lack thereof.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: August 27, 2007 12:59PM

The Muslim bashing really pisses me off. There are four million Muslims in the U.S. and I would venture to guess that on a per-capita basis they commit a hell of a lot less crimes than so-called Christians in this country.

You shouldn't blame all of Islam for the actions of cultish Wahhabists. Just like you can't blame Christianity for the acts of an abortion clinic bomber.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: August 27, 2007 02:26PM

To see the OPUS that the washington post did not run yesterday....

http://www.salon.com/comics/opus/2007/08/26/opus/index.html

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: August 27, 2007 09:03PM

The Muslim bashing really pisses me off.

It sorta bugs me too, I hang out with a couple Muslim dudes and they're fuckin funny as shit and party like crazy. I'm sure the religion has there fair share of conservative assholes, but it's an extremely narrow-minded ignorant stereotype.

Date: August 28, 2007 07:38AM

For TheMeeper: I surely do NOT support “Muslim bashing." I am happy that you have friends who are “a couple Muslim dudes and they're fuckin funny as shit and party like crazy.” Like it’s good to have Muslim-dude friends, especially who have such great humor, and like party. Unfortunately, the majority of Muslims do not speak up against the Islamic extremists and terrorists dedicated to killing infidels and seeking the path to 72 virgins. Be sure to watch [www.liveleak.com] and THINK about what this commentator says; and, yes, good Christians are also True Believers.

Posted by: Fairfax MF---er ()
Date: August 28, 2007 09:34AM

Bob James Wrote:
> For TheMeeper: I surely do NOT support “Muslim
> bashing." I am happy that you have friends who
> are “a couple Muslim dudes and they're fuckin
> funny as shit and party like crazy.” Like it’s
> good to have Muslim-dude friends, especially who
> have such great humor, and like party.
> Unfortunately, the majority of Muslims do not
> speak up against the Islamic extremists and
> terrorists dedicated to killing infidels and
> seeking the path to 72 virgins. Be sure to watch
> and THINK about what this commentator says; and,
> yes, good Christians are also True Believers.

Have you spoken to the majority of Muslims?

Since 9/11 I have had the chance to speak with many Muslim-Americans. I haven't found one who endorsed terrorism or Al Qaeda.

Speaking in gross generalities makes you look like the idiot you are.

Posted by: Dick Fitzwell ()
Date: August 28, 2007 11:36AM

No, they don't openly endorse terrorism, nor do they make any effort to denounce it. If muslims truly hated what's going on, you'd think there would be a bit more open, public opposition on their part to denounce this terrorism which is becoming the face of their religion. If my religion was being defaced by 'extremists', i'd think it prudent to take significant effort to rescue my religion.

Date: August 28, 2007 11:43AM

Re: Fairfax MF---er

Thank you grasshopper for the enlightenment. You are right: I should have provided attribution and not inferred generalities. (I do think that you were overly harsh in calling me an “idiot.”).

id•i•ot
n.
1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation having a mental age below three years and generally being unable to learn connected speech or guard against common dangers. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.

I would have been more factual to address the second largest world religion, and soon to be the second largest religion in America (sic, USA), with better documentation and cited recent editorials. You may wish to read Robert Spencer’s book THE POLITICALLY INCORRECT GUIDE ™ FOR ISLAM (AND THE CRUSADES).. And I would sincerely hope that your Islamic friends are not attending the local schools as described by Daniel Pipes in the NEW YORK SUN on March 29, 2005.

“Then there are four leading Islamic schools in the Washington, D.C. area:

• The Muslim Community School in Potomac, Md., imbues in its students a sense of alienation from their own country. Seventh-grader Miriam told a Washington Post reporter in 2001, "Being American is just being born in this country." Eighth-grader Ibrahim announced that "Being an American means nothing to me."
• A textbook used at the Islamic Saudi Academy of Alexandria, Va., in 2004, authored and published by the Saudi Ministry of Education, teaches first graders that "all religions, other than Islam, are false, including that of the Jews [and] Christians." An ISA class valedictorian, Ahmed Omar Abu Ali, was recently indicted for plotting to assassinate President Bush.
• The U.S. government revoked the visas in 2004 of sixteen people affiliated with the Institute for Islamic and Arabic Sciences in America, of Fairfax, Va. In the words of the Washington Post, "That decision followed accusations that the institute, a satellite campus of al-Imam Muhammad Ibn Saud Islamic University in Riyadh, was promoting a brand of Islam that critics say is intolerant of other strains of the religion as well as Christianity and Judaism." In addition, the IIASA is under investigation for ties to terrorism.
• The Graduate School of Islamic Social Sciences of Ashburn, Va., referred to as a "purported" educational institution in an affidavit justifying a raid on the school, had its financial records seized in 2002 on suspicions of links to terrorism.”

And, finally, I mean no offense to the many millions of moderate True Believers that do not condone nor practice terrorism or hate against non-believers—nor follow the biblical precept of an “eye for an eye.”

Posted by: felix ()
Date: August 28, 2007 03:38PM

Dick Fitzwell Wrote:
> No, they don't openly endorse terrorism, nor do
> they make any effort to denounce it. If muslims
> truly hated what's going on, you'd think there
> would be a bit more open, public opposition on
> their part to denounce this terrorism which is
> becoming the face of their religion. If my
> religion was being defaced by 'extremists', i'd
> think it prudent to take significant effort to
> rescue my religion.

Indeed, their silence speaks volumes.

Date: August 28, 2007 05:06PM

1. A foolish or stupid person.
2. A person of profound mental retardation

I vote for #2 lol

Date: August 28, 2007 10:06PM

i think the reason that muslims as a whole are getting a bad name in the US is because of islamic countries that have called americans infidels, evil, the devil and various other hateful things. there are islamic countries where people will kill you on sight if you are not a muslim. it is these countries and these actions that have become bold faced in people's minds. the entire religion is then correlated with the same thoughts.

on a side note: if you, regardless of your cause, support or would not mind any kind of genocide, i denounce you.

"the wisdom of the wise will perish, the intelligence of the intelligent will vanish."095042938540

Date: August 28, 2007 10:27PM

the entire religion is then correlated with the same thoughts.

Exactly. If we're going to hold religion-followers responsible for the actions of their religious-leaders, I say we kick all of the "christians" and "jews" out of this country too. Hold those jerkoffs responsible for everything that has ever been done in the name of whatever ghost they worship. Let's cure the whole fucking problem in one fell swoop. It's not like judeo-christians were ever invited to this continent, so get them the fuck out!

Date: August 29, 2007 11:14PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> It's not like
> judeo-christians were ever invited to this
> continent, so get them the fuck out!

i seriously hope you are being sarcastic.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.