HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
What is being built on West Ox at Legato? (Across from Fairfax Towne Center)
Posted by: Curious.. ()
Date: November 05, 2010 12:28PM

They are digging a pretty damn big hole there. Looks like it is going to be a large building.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What is being built on West Ox at Legato? (Across from Fairfax Towne Center)
Posted by: i 1 2 ½ 6 ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:09PM

Well, right now they're digging a huge hole. From the looks of it, it looks as if some sort of big building might go there.

Re: What is being built on West Ox at Legato? (Across from Fairfax Towne Center)
Posted by: Shadowgames ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:21PM

Brilliant insight.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:25PM

A hole for Gerry Connolly's ego.

Posted by: Dean T. ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:26PM

It's a parking garage for school buses, including engine warmers for the winter, a small maintenance area, plus facilities such as bathrooms for the drivers.

Posted by: ITRADE ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:32PM

I always found this item was good for restroom breaks:

The mouth of the bottle was too small for me to use, so I had to be careful to aim correcty.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2010 01:37PM by ITRADE.

Posted by: Seriously? ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:32PM

If that is true it seems totally idiotic. That is like prime real estate right near the intersection of several major roads with a shopping center across the street and some new townhomes right behind it (that some idiots paid like half a million for, I checked on what they were asking during construction).

Hopefully it will at least be nice architecturally.....

Posted by: i 1 2 ½ 6 ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:34PM

naughty naughty, mr hotlinker :)

Posted by: google ()
Date: November 05, 2010 02:00PM

Posted by: Dean T. ()
Date: November 05, 2010 03:09PM

Seriously? Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If that is true it seems totally idiotic. That is
> like prime real estate right near the intersection
> of several major roads with a shopping center
> across the street and some new townhomes right
> behind it (that some idiots paid like half a
> million for, I checked on what they were asking
> during construction).
>
> Hopefully it will at least be nice
> architecturally.....

Its location near these highways is one reason that it is an ideal location for a bus depot.

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: November 05, 2010 08:10PM

I think Dean T is funnin' us.

NO WAY FCPS is building any kind of bus depot. Except for the proposed (and opposed) Woodson lot that Fairfax City will pay for (per a previous agreement) they ain't building shit.

Bathroom facilities? If a FCPS bus lot has "facilities" at all, it's a single, stinking Don's John type of deal.

BTW, an "engine warmer" is nothing but a outdoor 120 volt outlet. These are to plug in the block heater which all buses come from the factory with. They wouldn't need these if they had any mechanics that knew how to replace injectors and glow plugs. Properly maintained diesel vehicles will start without any help unless it gets REALLY cold, as in below zero. As it is, many FCPS buses won't start if it's below 40 degrees. When they won't start at all at any temperature, they tow them to a private shop to be fixed. This is the main reason your kid's bus don't show up, or is way late, on cool/cold mornings

Posted by: bus driver ()
Date: November 05, 2010 08:14PM

PS: A VERY nice touch at FCPS bus parking places is a dumpster!

Where I park, there is none, I am expected to take the tons of garbage kids throw on the floor home with me and put it in my trash.

Posted by: yeah right ()
Date: November 05, 2010 08:17PM

ITRADE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> The mouth of the bottle was too small for me to
> use, so I had to be careful to aim correcty.

sure thing l'il dick!

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.