HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Police Scanner Station
Posted by: Sully Station ()
Date: November 05, 2010 06:15AM

This is an old question, but after searching the site with no luck, I created a topic.

I downloaded a scanner app for my phone and also went to radio reference but it looks like both just have a general station for FFX County Police. It did mention that Sully Station is (sta 1): All designators in the "one-hundred" range, but it's nor overly obvious how to designate a specific "range."

If I have to buy an actual scanner rather than use apps or websites I'm good with that. I live near the Giant on Stone road which is apparently becoming "the hood" with all the cops that are sitting around. Reminds me of Los Angeles when we watched the ghetto-copters fly over or just sit over lawndale or watts...

any help would be great... thanks in advance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Police Scanner Station
Posted by: justsayin ()
Date: November 05, 2010 06:26AM

I listen to the general one on my Android device. That note could be a reference by the volunteer providing the feed that they are in Sully district, not sure.

I'll easily tolerate that before dropping $600+ on a scanner. You need a digital trunking scanner to pick up FCPD.

----------------------------------------

"She looks pretty good for 12, admit it." - WingNut, 04/24/2012

"I'm racist too. So what?" - Ellipsis 9/16/2011

"If you only knew who I was, and what I was working to do you would...have the decency to tell me I hated my nation and the way of life. I may not agree with...the government...I hate the "government"......" - Firrat 9/1/10

"there seems to be a queer...why? To try and further demean a defeated... dumb Tea party... I think we need more... far left folks on a regular basis - Louis Farakhan, Jesse Jackson...Al Sharpton" - Registered Voter, 8/19/2011

"If your computer is running slow, or you have any other problems, email me at with the problem and i am willing to fix it, for a price of course" - Taylor, spamming FFU on 04/12/2006. "N****rs as slaves again? I think so..." - Taylor, 09/20/2009

Posted by: xzxxxxxxxxxx ()
Date: November 05, 2010 07:06AM

You do not hear a lot of sully because most traffic is sent as text unless emergency

Posted by: Been There, Still Am ()
Date: November 05, 2010 09:30AM

I've heard that Sully Station is the "quietest" one in the entire department; officers are hopping from foot to foot to get ANYTHING to work on. Not surprising there isn't much radio traffic with/from their location.

Date: November 05, 2010 09:48AM

I have some advice. Find something else better to do with your time than sit and listen to a police scanner. Yawn.

Posted by: Worq Gui ()
Date: November 05, 2010 06:30PM

Posted by: Belle Pond ()
Date: November 05, 2010 06:39PM

LMAO. "The Hood?". I live right by the Giant on the Stone Road, too. This is not even remotely close to being the hood.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 06, 2010 07:08PM

I have a Pro-106 (Copped it on discount). I've also used it at a Shuttle launch down at the Cape, and since I work with NOAA the Skywarn system is extremely helpful (It also helps find open/operating frequencies when I need to use the FT-2600M).

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2010 07:11PM by ThePackLeader.

Posted by: Piggy ()
Date: November 08, 2010 07:03AM

The phone is picking up the closest Fairfax police traffic based on your GPS location from your phone.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.