HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2
Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from other states and other countries?
Posted by: Legitimate Question ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:02AM

This is a legitimate question. Not trolling.

If you are a native or long term resident of this area then you know exactly what I am talking about.

Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from other states and other countries?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from other states and other countries?
Posted by: Legitimate Question ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:07AM

The correct word that should have been used above is "ATTRACT"

So lets not turn this into something else.

Why does the DC area ATTRACT so many assholes from other states and other countries?

Re: Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from other states and other countries?
Posted by: Bill N ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:25AM

Better plumbing.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:29AM

People move here because of this forum.

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:35AM

Legitimate Question Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is a legitimate question. Not trolling.
>
> If you are a native or long term resident of this
> area then you know exactly what I am talking
> about.
>
> Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from
> other states and other countries?

I guess native DC area residents are so hospitable and warm, right?

Posted by: Kardinal ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:42AM

>
> If you are a native or long term resident of this
> area then you know exactly what I am talking
> about.
>
> Why does the DC area attect so many assholes from
> other states and other countries?

When you ask why it attacts so many assholes, you're not asking a legitimate quesiton. You're assuming it does, which is not reasonable.

The DC area attracts PEOPLE because there are jobs here. The US Federal government will spend $2t a year whether the economy sucks or the economy rocks. And much of that will be spent here. Thus, there are jobs here. End of story.

Posted by: More Complete ()
Date: November 03, 2010 12:27PM

The government hires more people than anyone.

Posted by: Remey ()
Date: November 03, 2010 12:58PM

Most people move to this area in order to visit Remey's Tomb.

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 03, 2010 01:11PM

TRUMMERS ON MAIN

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Making_stuff ()
Date: November 03, 2010 01:53PM

I have no idea, but if you figure it out, please let us know.

Also, let us know when it becomes legal to sack the assholes when spotted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2010 01:53PM by Making_stuff.

Posted by: SRE ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:32PM

Window Tint

Posted by: Highlander ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:42PM

They want to be the first to get a photo of the elusive bunnyman....

Posted by: Power ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:44PM

It seems like type A people move here seeking power.

Posted by: Mike O'Meara ()
Date: November 03, 2010 02:52PM

To hear me on the radio.

Posted by: TErrelTYRONeDA5thNIGGA! ()
Date: November 03, 2010 04:19PM

Mike O'Meara Wrote:
> To hear me on the radio.

Obviously.

Posted by: A Resident ()
Date: November 03, 2010 04:43PM

Power Wrote:
> It seems like type A people move here seeking
> power.

You got that right. Rude egocentric carpetbaggers. Welcome to the jungle.

Posted by: Bitter Native ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:06PM

eesh Wrote:
> Legitimate Question Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > This is a legitimate question. Not trolling.
> >
> > If you are a native or long term resident of
> this
> > area then you know exactly what I am talking
> > about.
> >
> > Why does the DC area attect so many assholes
> from
> > other states and other countries?
>
>
>
>
> I guess native DC area residents are so hospitable
> and warm, right?

99% of the assholes I have come across in this area are transplants.
Perhaps the DC residents response to them is reaction to that?

I dont know. Just a guess.

Date: November 03, 2010 05:12PM

More Complete Wrote:
> The government hires more people than anyone.

Yes it is those same motherfuckers who I see walking around town with their government ID badges around their necks even though they are nowhere near their jobs and they clocked out hours ago.

Arrogant transplant pieces of shit is what they are.

Posted by: Arrogant Assholes ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:16PM

Yes, the DC area is loaded with arrogant assholes. I grew up here when it was still normal. Now they're everywhere. What's the answer? Move south, the north is loaded with dickheads. It feels like NY here.

Date: November 03, 2010 05:19PM

Making_stuff Wrote:
> I have no idea, but if you figure it out, please
> let us know.
>
> Also, let us know when it becomes legal to sack
> the assholes when spotted.

http://www.myfoxdc.com/dpp/news/dc/police-investigating-attack-on-student-at-brookland-metro-station-083010

^ DC public school children push them them to the ground and bitch slap them in the face all the time.

Posted by: you think? ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:20PM

Jack Dale speaks....................... "everyone comes to Fairfax because of the schools".....biggest lie going

Date: November 03, 2010 05:26PM

Power Wrote:
> It seems like type A people move here seeking
> power.

Why must MS-13 have their headquarters in Fairfax County?
Why not have it in LA or NY?
Why Fairfax County?
Why? Why? Why?

Posted by: Britdrnva~ ()
Date: November 03, 2010 05:41PM

Well I think tis fairly obvious why there are so many people from outside areas - it IS the political capital of the world. Any drive down Rt 28, Dulles Toll Rd, Tyson's and you see all the corporations whose sole purpose is government contracting in some form. Then you have companies that support and assist government - you will attract people from far and wide.

It isn't just relegated to DC mind you. Go to any major capital country in the world and you'll find a similar make-up of transplants (London, Paris, Moscow, etc).

Date: November 03, 2010 06:18PM

One morning in DC I made my little brother and little sister stand side by side on the metrorail escalators thus backing up a large group of yupster transplant fucks causing them to miss their train.

Those fuckers have an arrogance about themselves but they will always stand there like deer in the headlights when confronted and called out on it.

Posted by: TheMeeper ()
Date: November 03, 2010 06:28PM

Bitter Native Wrote:
>
> Those fuckers have an arrogance about themselves but they will always stand there like deer in the headlights when confronted and called out on it.

Not this transplant. I've cursed at and pushed my way past dumbasses who wouldn't move out of the way after I've asked them. A few times, actually.

Posted by: mjcc1987 fuck off ()
Date: November 03, 2010 07:37PM

Ask yourself the same question asshole

Date: November 03, 2010 07:51PM

TheMeeper Wrote:
> Bitter Native Wrote:
> -----
> >
> > Those fuckers have an arrogance about themselves
> but they will always stand there like deer in the
> headlights when confronted and called out on it.
>
> Not this transplant. I've cursed at and pushed my
> way past dumbasses who wouldn't move out of the
> way after I've asked them. A few times, actually.

Go back to where you came from. People like you from out of the area who keep moving here and clogging up our trains are the main reason why the cost of public transportation here keeps going up year after year.

Date: November 03, 2010 08:13PM

I guarantee you if SHAQUISHA and her friends were blocking the escalators you would not say anything and you definitely would not try to push your way past them.

Posted by: Mofo ()
Date: November 03, 2010 09:31PM

JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

Why my family came here 5 years ago why I am still here now that and I'm a lazy fuck and hate moving.

Just talked with a co worker that moved his family out from Ohio to here cause he got a job here. Lots of people from the midwest around here and the whole eastern seaboard.

Date: November 03, 2010 10:46PM

I am not against people moving here.

What I am against though is the snobbish, obnoxious, disrespectful. holier than thou attitude many of these transplant fucks display on a daily basis towards natives and tourists.

I will call you out on being a transplant piece of shit motherfucker if I see this kind of attitude displayed in public.

DC/MD/VA natives are very nice and friendly people.

I really am disgusted when I see transplants who are not from here displaying an obnoxious attitude towards tourists.

I welcome tourists with open arms. The Washington DC area is a wonderful places with many interesting places to visit.

No trendy, status seeking, inflated ego transplant piece of shit had better display an obnoxious attitude when I am nearby because I will call them out on it.

Posted by: Patrol The Troll ()
Date: November 04, 2010 12:27AM

>
No, it's trolling, pretending to be a legitimate question.

Posted by: J DALE ()
Date: November 04, 2010 08:24AM

Mofo Wrote:
> JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS
>
> Why my family came here 5 years ago why I am still
> here now that and I'm a lazy fuck and hate
> moving.
>
> Just talked with a co worker that moved his family
> out from Ohio to here cause he got a job here.
> Lots of people from the midwest around here and
> the whole eastern seaboard.

No thats WRONG, the county says everyone comes here from as far away as other galaxies because of the wonderfull schools, that why they can suck up over half the budget.

Posted by: Bitter NY'r ()
Date: November 04, 2010 09:29AM

hey Bitter Native,

I will fuck you up, do you hear me? You southern redneck piece of shit. I'll kick your dog too.
Yankees win! THE YANKEES WIN!

Date: November 04, 2010 11:46AM

Bitter NY'r Wrote:
> hey Bitter Native,
>
> I will fuck you up, do you hear me? You southern
> redneck piece of shit. I'll kick your dog too.
> Yankees win! THE YANKEES WIN!

Your city has it's own problems with attracting assholes from other states and other countries.

Are you really from NY or are you one of those trendy transplant pieces of shit who relocates from one trendy urban area to another?

Posted by: I agree ()
Date: November 06, 2010 11:07PM

Bitter Native we should hang out sometime and throw eggs at assholes.

Im not even from around here but where I come from (western PA), people are very nice and respectful in general. People around here are tremendously stuckup ASSHOLES that are obsessed with their overpriced cars (hint hint BMW, Audi and Mercedes have had the WORST reliability ratings of ANY car manufacturer for years). Yes, you can buy a piece of shit Chevy and expect to spend far less time and money on repairs, dumbass.

They are also obsessed with their houses and their clothes and spending money at really shitty restaurants (seriously, where I am from there were not many chain restaurants, the food was way better, and you didnt have to wait 2 hours to pay 80 bucks for a shitty dinner for 2). Actually, since they think they are spending so much more money than everyone else on shitty everything they think that they must be entitled to act like an asshole presumably.

Please, assholes, nobody is noticing you but yourself, except when you are blatently an asshole, then they do notice you and think you are an ASSHOLE. If being noticed is your sole objective, you are being pretty effective. Asshole.

Posted by: stop complaining ()
Date: November 07, 2010 12:40PM

There is a solution: Move away.

I'll bet you can't because of your job----right?

Are you upset because you feel trapped?

Posted by: yeah ()
Date: November 07, 2010 05:40PM

What happens it that this area attracts a lot of arrogant pricks from other parts of the country just like LA attract people who are snobby about their looks, San Fran attacts liberals. Then when you have other people move here who are not assholes, they get jaded by the way everyone else is and slowly start becoming assholes themselves. I've seen it happen. And the assholes start getting worse and worse as they encounter other assholes. Then everyone is guard and people expect others they encounter to be assholes. So it's a downward slide. We are becoming like NY or pretty much are just like NY.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 07, 2010 05:52PM

I think that any area that's as transient as the D.C. Metro will always attract assholes. Florida is another very transient place overall (Especially SoFl), and it's the main reason behind their enormous rate of murders and disappearances.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Warhawk ()
Date: November 07, 2010 05:56PM

I agree Wrote:

> They are also obsessed with their houses and their
> clothes and spending money at really shitty
> restaurants (seriously, where I am from there were
> not many chain restaurants, the food was way
> better, and you didnt have to wait 2 hours to pay
> 80 bucks for a shitty dinner for 2). Actually,
> since they think they are spending so much more
> money than everyone else on shitty everything they
> think that they must be entitled to act like an
> asshole presumably.

I personally love walking around in my ripped jeans and old sweatshirts that make me look homeless. I sometimes see dipshits giving me disapproving glances when I'm at restaurants, at Best Buy, or wherever.

I don't give a shit. Fuck people.

And - here's a PRIME example of N. VA's snobbish mentality: I was at a local shopping center/strip mall this morning promptly when the store opened at 9am. As I'm walking out, some assclown pulls up in the parking lot in his 2 year old Explorer and proceeded to park DIAGONAL across 3 parking spaces closest to the store. As he walked towards me leaving the store, I asked "hey man, how about leaving some parking for other people." His answer "Fuck you. There's plenty of spaces and I don't want somebody dinging my truck". My reply - "Whatever, jackass". At that point, further escalation wasn't worth it so I just kept going.

WTF??? If you're that concerned about door dings, either ride your bike or YOU park at the back of the lot.

Date: November 07, 2010 06:47PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I agree Wrote:
> -----
>
> > They are also obsessed with their houses and
> their
> > clothes and spending money at really shitty
> > restaurants (seriously, where I am from there
> were
> > not many chain restaurants, the food was way
> > better, and you didnt have to wait 2 hours to
> pay
> > 80 bucks for a shitty dinner for 2). Actually,
> > since they think they are spending so much more
> > money than everyone else on shitty everything
> they
> > think that they must be entitled to act like an
> > asshole presumably.
>
>
> I personally love walking around in my ripped
> jeans and old sweatshirts that make me look
> homeless. I sometimes see dipshits giving me
> disapproving glances when I'm at restaurants, at
> Best Buy, or wherever.
>
> I don't give a shit. Fuck people.
>
> And - here's a PRIME example of N. VA's snobbish
> mentality: I was at a local shopping center/strip
> mall this morning promptly when the store opened
> at 9am. As I'm walking out, some assclown pulls
> up in the parking lot in his 2 year old Explorer
> and proceeded to park DIAGONAL across 3 parking
> spaces closest to the store. As he walked towards
> me leaving the store, I asked "hey man, how about
> leaving some parking for other people." His
> answer "Fuck you. There's plenty of spaces and I
> don't want somebody dinging my truck". My reply -
> "Whatever, jackass". At that point, further
> escalation wasn't worth it so I just kept going.
>
>
> WTF??? If you're that concerned about door dings,
> either ride your bike or YOU park at the back of
> the lot.

I am positive he would not have said that to you in DC or PG county.

Date: November 07, 2010 06:57PM

yeah Wrote:
> What happens it that this area attracts a lot of
> arrogant pricks from other parts of the country
> just like LA attract people who are snobby about
> their looks, San Fran attacts liberals. Then when
> you have other people move here who are not
> assholes, they get jaded by the way everyone else
> is and slowly start becoming assholes themselves.
> I've seen it happen. And the assholes start
> getting worse and worse as they encounter other
> assholes. Then everyone is guard and people
> expect others they encounter to be assholes. So
> it's a downward slide. We are becoming like NY or
> pretty much are just like NY.

NY natives are nice people. It is the transplants who move there and feel they need to start acting a certain way because they are living in New York. They are POSERS. NY natives hate them.

Posted by: Dem lemmings ()
Date: November 07, 2010 08:43PM

'Cause it's easy for these liberal lemmings to feel like they fit in here, and they don't have to think for themselves.

Posted by: Ed ()
Date: June 25, 2011 09:54PM

It happens to be where the center of government sits. It is certainly not because of any inherent "qualities" that would attract assholes or non-assholes for that matter. All the real people are in the states.

Posted by: Obervation ()
Date: June 25, 2011 10:35PM

Bitter Native --

You sure are one miserable S.O.B.

Posted by: WHiTEY's ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:12AM

So the fucking niggers, spics, chinks, and ragheads can come here and turn the U.S. into a third world country. Personally, we need to put a stop to this before it gets more out of hand. It's too big of a burden on the economy, the crime rate is soaring. When does it all end?
Attachments:
motorbike carpool.jpg

Posted by: TrueDat ()
Date: June 26, 2011 10:30AM

I think the problem is the people from Western PA. The ones who say the food in Pittsburgh is so much better, and this that and the other are better in Pittsburgh, and roll around with their stupid Steeler flag/bumper sticker/license plate holder, etc. Guess what? Nobody gives a s that you are from Pittsburgh.

Posted by: overall ()
Date: June 26, 2011 11:01AM

There are assholes everywhere. Any city is going to have more active assholes because it's easier to be anonymous and get away with being an asshole. In western PA, everyone will know you acted like in asshole in about 5 minutes flat since everyone knows each other at the bank, local watering hole, grocery store, 2 churches, etc. That pretty much keeps people in check. I've lived in both situations. There are advantages and disadvantages to each place and you have to balance those things out and learn to laugh at humanity (yes, it's hard to do sometimes). My actual opinion is that living in a small place is better for your mental health, but living in a big place is better for your financial health. As I get older, I value my mental health more and will probably move out in retirement. This is why the schools are getting more and more students---it's getting harder to live your whole life in one place in this country due to the high stress of the suburban/urban environment.

Posted by: What would Brian Schoeneman do? ()
Date: June 26, 2011 11:09AM

overall Wrote:
> There are assholes everywhere. Any city is going
> to have more active assholes because it's easier
> to be anonymous and get away with being an
> asshole. In western PA, everyone will know you
> acted like in asshole in about 5 minutes flat
> since everyone knows each other at the bank, local
> watering hole, grocery store, 2 churches, etc.
> That pretty much keeps people in check. I've
> lived in both situations. There are advantages
> and disadvantages to each place and you have to
> balance those things out and learn to laugh at
> humanity (yes, it's hard to do sometimes). My
> actual opinion is that living in a small place is
> better for your mental health, but living in a big
> place is better for your financial health. As I
> get older, I value my mental health more and will
> probably move out in retirement. This is why the
> schools are getting more and more students---it's
> getting harder to live your whole life in one
> place in this country due to the high stress of
> the suburban/urban environment.

What does Brian Schoeneman think?

Posted by: DC native ()
Date: June 26, 2011 12:45PM

Because working in WalMart in BFE is not as much fun as working around here.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: June 26, 2011 04:52PM

Warhawk Wrote:
> I agree Wrote:
> -----
>
> > They are also obsessed with their houses and
> their
> > clothes and spending money at really shitty
> > restaurants (seriously, where I am from there
> were
> > not many chain restaurants, the food was way
> > better, and you didnt have to wait 2 hours to
> pay
> > 80 bucks for a shitty dinner for 2). Actually,
> > since they think they are spending so much more
> > money than everyone else on shitty everything
> they
> > think that they must be entitled to act like an
> > asshole presumably.
>
>
> I personally love walking around in my ripped
> jeans and old sweatshirts that make me look
> homeless. I sometimes see dipshits giving me
> disapproving glances when I'm at restaurants, at
> Best Buy, or wherever.
>
> I don't give a shit. Fuck people.
>
> And - here's a PRIME example of N. VA's snobbish
> mentality: I was at a local shopping center/strip
> mall this morning promptly when the store opened
> at 9am. As I'm walking out, some assclown pulls
> up in the parking lot in his 2 year old Explorer
> and proceeded to park DIAGONAL across 3 parking
> spaces closest to the store. As he walked towards
> me leaving the store, I asked "hey man, how about
> leaving some parking for other people." His
> answer "Fuck you. There's plenty of spaces and I
> don't want somebody dinging my truck". My reply -
> "Whatever, jackass". At that point, further
> escalation wasn't worth it so I just kept going.
>
>
> WTF??? If you're that concerned about door dings,
> either ride your bike or YOU park at the back of
> the lot.

Not that I would park like that, but I understand both sides of that issue. The clown didn't need to say "Fuck you", that was uncalled for, but there are a lot of just as inconsiderate assholes who park next to you and then proceed to bash your car and scrape it without giving half a shit around here.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Posted by: Ut videam ()
Date: June 26, 2011 04:55PM

ThePackLeader Wrote:
> Not that I would park like that, but I understand
> both sides of that issue. The clown didn't need to
> say "Fuck you", that was uncalled for, but there
> are a lot of just as inconsiderate assholes who
> park next to you and then proceed to bash your car
> and scrape it without giving half a shit around
> here.

If you feel the need to triple-park to protect your precious ride, do it in the back of the lot. Taking up three prime spaces with one car = total asshole.

Posted by: Gordon Blvd ()
Date: June 27, 2011 07:27AM

@Ut - which is why they make keys with that pointy edge on them :)

Posted by: kaza ()
Date: February 05, 2012 09:21PM

Well the funny thing is that I initially moved to fairfax, VA from Houston TX and I instantly got a country feel about the place.

I finally moved out of there to Atlanta. But I think people just lack personality in fairfax. Youngsters would try to copy what they see on t.v. People are scared to stand out overall. They are scared of being judged really fast. Most people would do really main stream things so no one can point finger at them.

This leads to people just all looking, acting the same. It is sort of living like Robots. Here in Atlanta, you can dye your hair purple, shave half of your head and walk out and no one is going to even turn head because people have seen it all.

Now Newyork is totally different. It has the flare, people actually have alot of personality and will let you know how they feel.

Overall Fairfax/DC area lacks freedom of expression, overall people are scared of being judged. And it seems like even though you have alot of different nationalities, people seem almost segregated within their communities. It is basically a Very Conservative Place. While I was there I did not even feel like I was in America. America is all about freedom of expression to me.

Posted by: Im glad you don't live here ()
Date: February 05, 2012 09:35PM

Here is a question. What kind of loser moves out of fairfax, yet still trolls on fairfax underground? Don't you have any friends, or anyone you can talk to? Is your life that sad that you have to go on this board to talk about a place where you no longer live?

Do everyone a favor, kill yourself.

Posted by: dcareanative ()
Date: February 06, 2012 02:17PM

DC, like any capital, is a place where there is a lot of money, status and power, and that attracts people with personality disorders like flies to shit. That's why we have so many nasty people in this area. NYC and LA are very similar, people who are into money flock to NYC. People who want fame flock to LA. So basically DC is like hollywood for ugly people.

Posted by: AMF harley owner ()
Date: February 06, 2012 02:30PM

I moved here to hang out at kilroys.

Posted by: ddlee ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:24PM

I'm born and raised here for the past 57yrs and there are 2 reasons people flock here, 1) the federal government and job opportunitys it provides and 2) people are going to get pissed off by what I say but it is a fact that Arlington & the city of Alexandria are extremely generous with their benefits to immigrants. You can basically include Fairfax county as well. Can't incude Prince william county since 2 yrs ago they cut off all benefits to illegals and hence, they moved back to the city of Alexandria. Lucky us huh?

Posted by: be honest... ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:30PM

" immigrants"

let's be honest...It's the illegal hispanics.

Posted by: Conan ()
Date: February 06, 2012 03:32PM

To hear the lamentation of our women...

Posted by: examples ()
Date: February 06, 2012 04:22PM

can you list the benefits? I merely suggested that Arlington uses section 8 to get illegal aliens into arlington, though the hispanic population is actually decreasing, and I was called a hateful bigot.

Posted by: jennyii ()
Date: February 06, 2012 05:29PM

this area sucks because the federal government is here, I am a long term resident, it has always sucked but not as bad as now, now it is a cesspool of morons, people who are full of themselves for nothign, no talent, I have lived alot of places and this is the definition of nothing, no culture, no community, no charm,nothing- because the fed govt requires very little skill and relatively good pay it attracts people with no talent or personality.

Posted by: Got to work ()
Date: February 06, 2012 07:14PM

I moved here for a job after college, in the comforting bubble of federal spending.

Working as a contractor sucks though. I'm looking to move as soon as I can. I make good money for my age here, but it is just soul sucking and frusturating to work as a contractor for the federal government. Luckily my experience transfers to the private sector as a subject matter expert, unlike the army of "program analyst" types around here.

Posted by: ferd ()
Date: February 18, 2012 10:45PM

Every one in fairfax looks and dressess up the same. I do'nt know why people call It the most desirable place. The whole time I was there I felt like I was in a military college. No style, no bizazzz, bunch of copy cats with no personality

Date: March 11, 2012 04:26PM

LoL! I have lived here in Northern Virginia most of my life and must say this is a fairly accurate analysis of the situation.

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: March 11, 2012 05:18PM

quality window tinting

Posted by: ground hog day ()
Date: March 11, 2012 06:45PM

ferd Wrote:
> Every one in fairfax looks and dressess up the
> same. I do'nt know why people call It the most
> desirable place. The whole time I was there I felt
> like I was in a military college. No style, no
> bizazzz, bunch of copy cats with no personality

lol - this county is full of people who grew up here and have never been exposed to culture - that is why they are afraid to go to places like .... dare i say ... annandale .... oooooh. these hometown people went to college at jmu/uva/wm so they could stay near white people. then they moved back here and are raising their kids to .... be afraid of annandale. they wear khaki pants and act like clones of each other. they can't forget their glory days of the late 70's/80's.

Posted by: really? ()
Date: March 11, 2012 06:53PM

Isn't it a bit difficult to avoid nonwhite people around here? Do their kids go to the public schools? I wouldn't say that Annandale is a very scary place (you mention that these people are afraid to go there). You're talking about Koreans---right? I would guess that lots of those Koreans are at UVA, WM, and JMU these days so ??? I"m having a hard time imagining white people being afraid of Annandale . . .

Posted by: sarcasm ()
Date: March 12, 2012 07:51PM

There is no reason to be hung up with Annandale - nothing wrong with the place - but there are plenty of people who are afraid of it. Same thing is said about Falls Church. A lot of native area people still think Centreville is where scary rednecks live, do not know that affluent communities have been built in Chantilly, refuse to believe that Lorton is anything but a jail community, and consider going to dinner in Arlington a dangerous undertaking. One told another that they should only sell their house to a white family. DC doesn't attracts "assholes" - the ignorant pampered people are the ones who grew up here and never experienced life elsewhere - that is why they are obsessed with where they went to college 30 years ago and the size of their house. They settle for grocery store baked goods and pizza. They say hateful things about other classroom children and judge parents who cannot afford to donate ridiculous amounts of money to stupid school parties.

Posted by: scooby ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:23AM

It's easy to know why the area attracts so many assholes. It's the seat of our Federal government DUH? Now ordinarily that would explain why it attracts so many PEOPLE from other states. The question of why it attracts so many assholes is because of the nature of the culture. The assholes, as you put them, are people who seek power, status, or money as a means of balancing their ego or self-esteem. Many are narcissitic personalities who value materials as opposed to deeper intangible qualities. HOWEVER, I found some of the natives to be THE WORST. I have never ssen so many pompous, self-entitled, bloviating PHONIES in my life as people from the DC or Northern Virginia area. My theory on this is that while assholes from "other states" are definitley in and out of the region, the natives literally GROW UP in this culture of self-entitlement, posing, and greed. In essence, they are saturated in it and it becomes their culture.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:25AM

And DC area black people are some of the most racist, parochial, haters I've ever enncountered.

Posted by: scooby ()
Date: June 03, 2012 10:30AM

Ralph Pootawn Wrote:
> quality window tinting

Going into FFX and other parts of Virginia is like walking into the middle of a modern-day combination of Andy Griffith and Leave it to Beaver. Holier than thou pseudo-religious types who chase money and cheat on their wives while making sure they don't miss church on sunday. No spice, no flavor and no personalities to these vapid adndroids. But very typical of "yuppie" culture as well. Disgusting.

Posted by: neo ()
Date: June 03, 2012 05:33PM

Because it's DC you dummy.

World leaders come here, the Embassies, the jobs.... DUH?

Posted by: Bruce Variety ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:22PM

Maybe a lot of people will be leaving the area now that the Sunset Grille is closing...or is that just wishful thinking?

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: June 04, 2012 02:24PM

I went to Dallas recently and didn't see as many latinos there as I see here. Strange.

Posted by: Jamo ()
Date: June 04, 2012 09:26PM

Bitter Native Wrote:
> Warhawk Wrote:
> -----
> > I agree Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> >
> > > They are also obsessed with their houses and
> > their
> > > clothes and spending money at really shitty
> > > restaurants (seriously, where I am from there
> > were
> > > not many chain restaurants, the food was way
> > > better, and you didnt have to wait 2 hours to
> > pay
> > > 80 bucks for a shitty dinner for 2).
> Actually,
> > > since they think they are spending so much
> more
> > > money than everyone else on shitty everything
> > they
> > > think that they must be entitled to act like
> an
> > > asshole presumably.
> >
> >
> > I personally love walking around in my ripped
> > jeans and old sweatshirts that make me look
> > homeless. I sometimes see dipshits giving me
> > disapproving glances when I'm at restaurants,
> at
> > Best Buy, or wherever.
> >
> > I don't give a shit. Fuck people.
> >
> > And - here's a PRIME example of N. VA's
> snobbish
> > mentality: I was at a local shopping
> center/strip
> > mall this morning promptly when the store
> opened
> > at 9am. As I'm walking out, some assclown
> pulls
> > up in the parking lot in his 2 year old
> Explorer
> > and proceeded to park DIAGONAL across 3 parking
> > spaces closest to the store. As he walked
> towards
> > me leaving the store, I asked "hey man, how
> about
> > leaving some parking for other people." His
> > answer "Fuck you. There's plenty of spaces and
> I
> > don't want somebody dinging my truck". My reply
> -
> > "Whatever, jackass". At that point, further
> > escalation wasn't worth it so I just kept going.
>
> >
> >
> > WTF??? If you're that concerned about door
> dings,
> > either ride your bike or YOU park at the back
> of
> > the lot.
>
> I am positive he would not have said that to you
> in DC or PG county.

That's because he would be shot by a bunch of gangster wannabe's.

Moron.

Posted by: BEH ()
Date: June 05, 2012 02:06PM

I got an invitation

Posted by: Jason ()
Date: October 20, 2012 07:22PM

Assholes attract other assholes.

Posted by: ReallyReallyjerk soup ()
Date: October 20, 2012 08:49PM

This area is full of people with warped sense of importance.
So many jerks per square mile

Posted by: Voting for Mitt ()
Date: October 20, 2012 10:43PM

I came here over 20 years ago. If I could make $150K at "home", I'd be happy to go back there. The people are much nicer. But here I've helped the local economy by buying $130K worth of cars in the past three years, a $650K home, I send my kids to a private school at $26K/yr, plus all the other incidental spending. Since most of the posters here are living in Mom's basement and can only aspire to be a janitor at the car dealerships where I shop, just STFU! I have seven houses in my hometown, five of them paid for and with solid renters, and I'll be going home with a nice fat pension the day after I retire here.

I've probably contributed more income to your families by my spending than you have while you sit in Mommy's basement eating Cheetos and jerking off, then wondering why your dick is turning orange.

Posted by: mitt for voting? ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:13PM

Hey, voting for mitt, if you really got all that, it certainly could not have been legitimate. Whatever system of theft you have going leaves you with a solidified guilty conscious. Only an arrogant asshole could live with it. So keep making excuses for yourself. Probably, you have something to do with financing as a so called 'modern day financier', which is nothing better than a low life thieving BITCH ass these days! Ripping off small investors with your SCAMMING bullshit, then blame the losses on 'the economy' or some other lame asses bunk while the entire time you played out your thieving scam you sucked in an enormous payroll check that was the real cause of the losses against the investors funding. Scumbag! Then last but not least, you turn around and file bankruptcy after ripping all the investore off bigtime! It's either this or some other form of major theft! Getting paid huge amounts of money to sitting around making 'big dicisions' that are no more mentally challenging than adding '2 + 2 , uh, duh, uh, equals, uh, duh, uh, 4'? Your a piece of human garbage, 'voting for mitt-shit', you know it, and the only way you are going to be able to live with yourself for the rest of your life is by keeping your head stuck so far up your ass it hurts, for the rest of your arrogant life!

Posted by: You still a transplant ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:15PM

Voting for Mitt Wrote:
> I came here over 20 years ago. If I could make
> $150K at "home", I'd be happy to go back there.
> The people are much nicer. But here I've helped
> the local economy by buying $130K worth of cars in
> the past three years, a $650K home, I send my kids
> to a private school at $26K/yr, plus all the other
> incidental spending. Since most of the posters
> here are living in Mom's basement and can only
> aspire to be a janitor at the car dealerships
> where I shop, just STFU! I have seven houses in
> my hometown, five of them paid for and with solid
> renters, and I'll be going home with a nice fat
> pension the day after I retire here.
>
> I've probably contributed more income to your
> families by my spending than you have while you
> sit in Mommy's basement eating Cheetos and jerking
> off, then wondering why your dick is turning
> orange.

But they still are natives and you are still are a inflated ego transplant piece of shit
DC area > Where you came from
You even said so and admitted it yourself

Posted by: You-Are-A-Troll ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:25PM

I mean, I am voting for Mitt too but I think you are a liar and a troll. I doubt that you have a $650 home, unless you were stupid enough to buy one in 2006 which is now worth $300K proving that you are stupid and also have shit for luck.

And your hometown, unless it is in Alabama or Africa -- the same difference when it comes to real estate prices -- I also doubt you have anything back there, much less 7 homes and more so 5 of them being paid for. Unless you suck dick on the side, and a lot of it at that, you couldn't possibly make that much money working for someone else here, which you'd most likely have to do to earn a pension anyway.

And in the last 20 years, I've purchased 6 automobiles worth more tha $150K so $130K is not really a big deal, and I am not boasting a $650K home.

So I am calling you a troll, and a poor one at that.

Posted by: illegal immigration kept liberal ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:42PM

Everyone knows the republican rich deliberately help keep what everyone knows IS Illegal Immigration liberalized is because they know very well it helps keep a strong division going on within this country that already has too many divisions with special interest groups and the rest, associations and so forth. Keep us all divided, and they, the rich, keep us economically conquered as a people. This classic battle cry tactic, not only works perfectly in actual conventional warfare, but even better in any country's economic structure. Keep us 'down', squabling amongst ourselves, instead of focusing on the real problem, in which is the republican rich filthy stinking greed.
At this point in time, there is know hope for any of us as a majority, as long as these many divisions the rich have deliberately promoted so very tactfully, knowing very well what they are doing and that it is working so very well!
So just keep it up! Keep up all the squabling about race, creed, color, religion, even sex. Keep up all the hatefull DIVIDES. THE FILTHY RICH LOVE IT! While you all stay BROKEN APART BROKE! Most of you living pretty much 'payday to payday', running up your credit and the rest. The arrogant rich THRIVE on it. It's their Life's Blood of money pooring in with it!
And this goes against EVERY ASPECT of what the American Flag, the Constitution, The Bill of Rights, why even the very NAME of this Country, THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA it goes against! The initials: US, even.
So, just keep hating and never UNITE, people. And always remember, this will ensure that only, maybe, and only if you are lucky enough to be that 'one in ten', or better yet, that 'one in one hundred', with the 'odds' shrinking every day that passes as we all go on as fools, 'divided'.

Posted by: united we stand, divided we fall ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:03AM

A classic failure in this country, all for the filthy rich fucks, like Mitt Romney and his band of theiving whores.
What these, what are actually ANTI-PATRIOTIC SCUMBAGS, fear the most is:

UNITED WE STAND, DIVIDED WE FALL!

and we have all fallen so far and hard, down, there is not much hope for us now, to get up and Stand against them.They have a horrible, FASCIST grip of control on this country, and the majority of us are so busy fussing, fighting and squabling amongst each other over an ever shrinking 'piece of the pie', it will never be able to mend this! The fascist hogs have won! From here on out, the 'American Dream' for most of us is a forgoten loss. Hope all of you 'haters' are happy with yourselves now!

Posted by: Npelosi ()
Date: October 21, 2012 01:11AM

D-I-V-E-R-C-I-T-Y!!! SAY IT OVER AND OVER AND YOU WILL BE o.k.!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Hamfist ()
Date: October 21, 2012 02:12AM

Well, JFK described Washington as "a city of Southern efficiency and Northern charm" so apparently all of you natives have been a bunch of lazy, good-for-nothing assholes since long before I was born.

The only real difference I've seen between locals and "transplants" is that most of the locals are a bunch of pussies. Just a bunch of moody, whining bitches.

Posted by: Natives ()
Date: October 21, 2012 02:21AM

Hamfist Wrote:
> Well, JFK described Washington as "a city of
> Southern efficiency and Northern charm" so
> apparently all of you natives have been a bunch of
> lazy, good-for-nothing assholes since long before
> I was born.
>
> The only real difference I've seen between locals
> and "transplants" is that most of the locals are a
> bunch of pussies. Just a bunch of moody, whining
> bitches.

JFK was a another transplant dealing with other transplants in DC.

And we're still here.

And he's still dead.

We win.

Date: October 21, 2012 02:13PM

You-Are-A-Troll Wrote:
> I mean, I am voting for Mitt too but I think you
> are a liar and a troll. I doubt that you have a
> $650 home, unless you were stupid enough to buy
> one in 2006 which is now worth $300K proving that
> you are stupid and also have shit for luck.

My house is very close in current value to what I paid. Sure, it's down just
a bit but profit or loss is all theoretical until you actually sell. I plan
on staying here until retirement so what happens on paper is not anything
worth getting alarmed over. I'd worry more in 20 years, but my house
isn't my retirement plan.

> And your hometown, unless it is in Alabama or
> Africa -- the same difference when it comes to
> real estate prices -- I also doubt you have
> anything back there, much less 7 homes and more so
> 5 of them being paid for.

I bought my first house at 19 and by age 23 had three I was renting. I
occasionally flipped a few, and right now the holding are all solid
properties. Each is set up as a separate corporation, all generate
positive cashflow, and I dump most of it back into the property. A good
lawyer and a good accountant are key, as is a long term plan. I've never
paid a cent in corporate taxes on any of it. Next on my list is an 8-unit
apartment owned by a woman I've known for years who is just tired of
handling it. She gets cash for herself and to pass on, I get what I
know is a good investment. And it's about a 5-hour drive from here.

> Unless you suck dick on
> the side, and a lot of it at that, you couldn't
> possibly make that much money working for someone
> else here, which you'd most likely have to do to
> earn a pension anyway.

Really, and you know based on how much dick you've sucked? I do it
with two grad degrees, a few key certs, an ISSA clearance, and 20 years
experience as a recognized SME in my field. My company has a
fully-funded pension plan and I'm 100% vested. Gotta love contracting
for the right agencies! My wife, with one Masters' degree, is a senior
engineer on a high-visibility Defense program. She makes $130K+.

> And in the last 20 years, I've purchased 6
> automobiles worth more tha $150K so $130K is not
> really a big deal, and I am not boasting a $650K
> home.

I've spent my $130K in the past three. And it's not boasting if it's
true.

> So I am calling you a troll, and a poor one at
> that.

Hey, since you brought up the whole dick sucking thing, you must
be very familiar with it. Can I ask you a few questions? First,
do you ever really get the taste out of your mouth? Second, does
your boyfriend mind kissing you after what you've done or does he
find it really hot?

Date: October 21, 2012 02:29PM

mitt for voting? Wrote:
> Hey, voting for mitt, if you really got all that,
> it certainly could not have been legitimate.
> Whatever system of theft you have going leaves you
> with a solidified guilty conscious. Only an
> arrogant asshole could live with it.

And only a whining loser could call it illegit. And
it's all legal. I started young, invested smart. See
my other post.

> So keep making excuses for yourself.

Where have I made excuses?

> Probably, you have
> something to do with financing as a so called
> 'modern day financier', which is nothing better
> than a low life thieving BITCH ass these days!

A good lawyer and a good accountant are all it takes.
And some common sense with an eye towards investing.
How's life in the trailer park working for ya?

> Ripping off small investors with your SCAMMING
> bullshit, then blame the losses on 'the economy'
> or some other lame asses bunk

I'm the only investor involved. All my money, no one
else's in this case.

> ...while the entire
> time you played out your thieving scam you sucked
> in an enormous payroll check that was the real
> cause of the losses against the investors funding.

My payroll check comes directly from my employer.
It's a defense contractor with one of the best reputations
in the business.

> Scumbag! Then last but not least, you turn
> around and file bankruptcy after ripping all the
> investore off bigtime!

I've never filed bankruptcy, personal or otherwise. What
leads you to think that I have?

> It's either this or some other form of major theft!

Ah, the plaintive cry of the incapable.

> Getting paid huge amounts of money to sitting around making 'big
> dicisions' that are no more mentally challenging
> than adding '2 + 2 , uh, duh, uh, equals, uh, duh,
> uh, 4'?

No, I get paid a fair anount for providing technical analysis and
direction on critical program matters, based on substative education,
recognized expertise, years of experience, and a proven track record.
And the clearace process has proven me to be of worthy character and
trustworthy.

> Your a piece of human garbage, 'voting
> for mitt-shit', you know it, and the only way you
> are going to be able to live with yourself for the
> rest of your life is by keeping your head stuck so
> far up your ass it hurts, for the rest of your
> arrogant life!

Again, how's life in the trailer park? Did you get your Obamaphone
yet? I live with myself just fine.

And your grammar and writing style (or lack thereof) shows the time
you spent in our public schools. Congratulations and good luck on
someday getting that GED. Your mama will be proud!

Posted by: Yep, Another ex druggie ()
Date: October 21, 2012 02:50PM

Voting for Mitt Wrote:
> mitt for voting? Wrote:
> -----
> > Hey, voting for mitt, if you really got all
> that,
> > it certainly could not have been legitimate.
> > Whatever system of theft you have going leaves
> you
> > with a solidified guilty conscious. Only an
> > arrogant asshole could live with it.
>
> And only a whining loser could call it illegit.
> And
> it's all legal. I started young, invested smart.
> See
> my other post.
>
> > So keep making excuses for yourself.
>
> Where have I made excuses?
>
> > Probably, you have
> > something to do with financing as a so called
> > 'modern day financier', which is nothing better
> > than a low life thieving BITCH ass these days!
>
> A good lawyer and a good accountant are all it
> takes.
> And some common sense with an eye towards
> investing.
> How's life in the trailer park working for ya?
>
> > Ripping off small investors with your SCAMMING
> > bullshit, then blame the losses on 'the
> economy'
> > or some other lame asses bunk
>
> I'm the only investor involved. All my money, no
> one
> else's in this case.
>
> > ...while the entire
> > time you played out your thieving scam you
> sucked
> > in an enormous payroll check that was the real
> > cause of the losses against the investors
> funding.
>
> My payroll check comes directly from my employer.
> It's a defense contractor with one of the best
> reputations
> in the business.
>
> > Scumbag! Then last but not least, you turn
> > around and file bankruptcy after ripping all
> the
> > investore off bigtime!
>
> I've never filed bankruptcy, personal or
> otherwise. What
> leads you to think that I have?
>
> > It's either this or some other form of major
> theft!
>
> Ah, the plaintive cry of the incapable.
>
> > Getting paid huge amounts of money to sitting
> around making 'big
> > dicisions' that are no more mentally
> challenging
> > than adding '2 + 2 , uh, duh, uh, equals, uh,
> duh,
> > uh, 4'?
>
> No, I get paid a fair anount for providing
> technical analysis and
> direction on critical program matters, based on
> substative education,
> recognized expertise, years of experience, and a
> proven track record.
> And the clearace process has proven me to be of
> worthy character and
> trustworthy.
>
> > Your a piece of human garbage, 'voting
> > for mitt-shit', you know it, and the only way
> you
> > are going to be able to live with yourself for
> the
> > rest of your life is by keeping your head stuck
> so
> > far up your ass it hurts, for the rest of your
> > arrogant life!
>
> Again, how's life in the trailer park? Did you
> get your Obamaphone
> yet? I live with myself just fine.
>
> And your grammar and writing style (or lack
> thereof) shows the time
> you spent in our public schools. Congratulations
> and good luck on
> someday getting that GED. Your mama will be proud!

Only someone on drugs would vote for the church of lsd.
Damn democrats. How dare they have a blackman elected. We republicans will just have to up them by nominating a member of one them cults.

Posted by: Bill Hayes ()
Date: October 21, 2012 06:56PM

WHiTEY's Wrote:
> So the fucking niggers, spics, chinks, and
> ragheads can come here and turn the U.S. into a
> third world country. Personally, we need to put a
> stop to this before it gets more out of hand. It's
> too big of a burden on the economy, the crime rate
> is soaring. When does it all end?

This will end when the economy reaches a lever where social strife is rampant.
Our system cannot even protect us from illegal aliens. Rejoice when the
wheels fly off!

Posted by: Typical NOVA transplant asshole ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:38PM

Typical NOVA transplant asshole Wrote:
>No, I get paid a fair anount for providing technical analysis and
>direction on critical program matters, based on substative education,
>recognized expertise, years of experience, and a proven track record.
>And the clearace process has proven me to be of worthy character and
>trustworthy.

Thanks for proving the point of this entire thread.

honey-boo-bo.jpg

Hey asshole.
Meet Alana.
7 years old. 2nd grade.
$8K per episode.
$8K just for picking her butt and picking her nose.

How much $$$$$ were you earning when you were 7 years old and in the 2nd grade?

Posted by: so true! ()
Date: October 22, 2012 12:03AM

I AGREE!!!! Previous poster wrote:

DC doesn't attracts "assholes" - the ignorant pampered people are the ones who grew up here and never experienced life elsewhere - that is why they are obsessed with where they went to college 30 years ago and the size of their house. They settle for grocery store baked goods and pizza. They say hateful things about other classroom children and judge parents who cannot afford to donate ridiculous amounts of money to stupid school parties.

Posted by: Darnell Barlow ()
Date: January 04, 2013 04:06PM

This area doesn't just attract assholes from other states. Washington DC already has a lot of assholes that live here and have lived here for years. The people here claimed to be college educated but they really act very stupid a lot of the time. I wonder sometimes if the majority of the people here in DC need some sort of mental health evaluation because these people are really dumb at times and I think that if they cut out a lot of the alcohol use that maybe they could think straight because I think the alcohol has dried their brains up and it is only a sponge now. Washington was and is still full of assholes that are original residents. The people in DC suck as human beings.

Posted by: agree ()
Date: January 04, 2013 10:37PM

people from this area lack a life spirit. they have no hunger. they are vanilla. they consider vacations in all inclusive resorts an adventure. they are uncomfortable mingling with people of culture. they did well in HS history but know nothing about the world. they lack adventure and open mindedness. this is a comfortable place to live in middle age.

Posted by: stuck in traffic ()
Date: January 04, 2013 10:55PM

agree Wrote:
> people from this area lack a life spirit. they
> have no hunger. they are vanilla. they consider
> vacations in all inclusive resorts an adventure.
> they are uncomfortable mingling with people of
> culture. they did well in HS history but know
> nothing about the world. they lack adventure and
> open mindedness. this is a comfortable place to
> live in middle age.

I'm middle age and I'm getting the fuck out of this cookie cutter area. I lived here long enough to know it's slowly killing me. This fucking area is slowly kill me!

Posted by: Legal Eagle 2 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 09:53PM

I have met people that have lived in Virginia for generations, and they are very nice and hospitable.

Posted by: Legal Eagle 2 ()
Date: October 21, 2014 10:14PM

Power. Absolute power corrupts.
You will find that positions of authority attract a certain kind of personality.
Its just that way, because a sensitive person would loose it. This place can break your spirit, no doubt.

Posted by: sin fronteras ()
Date: October 21, 2014 10:20PM

OPEN BORDERS. And for most of these third worlders the capital city is the only place with money and relative safety, so naturally we're at the top of the list.

Posted by: Onika Maraj ()
Date: October 24, 2014 08:48PM

I'm from Danville Virginia and people there actually have sympathy for Native Virginians in Northern Virginia.. I do.. After moving here, I just wanna go back to my 4 bed 4 bath Ranch House near DANVILLE. I hate it and feel sorry for y'all's. You want Strong Family Values, a Small Town, Christians, Whites?? Then Virginia is a Place to live.. There's choices from Roanoke, Salem, Bristol, Danville, Fredericksburg etc.

Pages: 12AllNext
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.