HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
FCPS Students Armed!
Posted by: FUNdamental ()
Date: November 02, 2010 09:35AM

FAIRFAX, Va. - Fairfax County, the region's largest school district, has been asking students some tough questions about sex, drugs and guns since 2001.

And now, in the latest survey, there is some revealing information about what may or may not be in your child's backpack.

Among eighth, 10th and 12th graders questioned in the last year, 1.2 percent admitted to carrying a gun to school at some point. Just under 6 percent said they carried some other type of weapon.

"What we have instead of metal detectors is mental detectors," says School Spokesman Paul Regnier. "Teachers and administrators are always keeping track of what kids are thinking and doing, and kids are reporting things."

Regnier says there have been very few instances involving guns in Fairfax County schools.

About 8 percent of the same students surveyed said they carry a handgun outside of school, while 21 percent said they carry some other weapon when not in school.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: FCPS Students Armed!
Posted by: i 1 2 ½ 6 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 09:42AM

if this was just a random survey asked to those kids, i guarantee a lot of them lied just for laughs. if not, it's still funny.

Posted by: FairfaxTaxpayr ()
Date: November 02, 2010 09:47AM

Don't worry Clifton residents, none of the guns are in your elementary school. But as your children are integrated with the rabble and common folk you may see a little more of that.

Posted by: Josey Wales ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:10AM

Sounds like the same survey I took in school. Of course it was a joke and all the guys were saying how they got laid at least five times a week, smoked pot and drank a six pack a day.

Posted by: SHIVA ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:07PM

WHEN I CAME TO WORK AROUND 5 P.M. I SAW LOT OF SMOKE COMING OUT. I WASN'T SURE WHATS GOING ON. THEN I LOOKED CLOSELY IT WAS SOMEONE HOUSE WAS BURNING BADLY. MY HEART STARTS POUNDING SO FAST I CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, I COULDN'T BREATH, BECAUSE WHAT I JUST SAW. I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE IN MY LIFE IT WAS DEVASTATING. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED 911.

Posted by: loller ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:39PM

it's commonplace at WFHS probably

Posted by: MrMephisto ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:40PM

SHIVA Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> WHEN I CAME TO WORK AROUND 5 P.M. I SAW LOT OF
> SMOKE COMING OUT. I WASN'T SURE WHATS GOING ON.
> THEN I LOOKED CLOSELY IT WAS SOMEONE HOUSE WAS
> BURNING BADLY. MY HEART STARTS POUNDING SO FAST I
> CAN'T EXPLAIN IT, I COULDN'T BREATH, BECAUSE WHAT
> I JUST SAW. I NEVER SEEN THAT BEFORE IN MY LIFE
> IT WAS DEVASTATING. I IMMEDIATELY CALLED 911.

Uhhhh...

--------------------------------------------------------------
13 4826 0948 82695 25847. Yes.

Posted by: Snapple ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:55PM

No way is that true. I went to Chantilly, there were 2700 students. That would mean 32 students brought a gun to school. That's crazy.

Posted by: Tyrone ()
Date: November 02, 2010 06:57PM

I lied, im 17 and im a substance abuser of heroin cocaine and crack. I also take 3 guns to school every day, a .347 on the boot of my left leg and two glocks one glock 17 and one fully automatic glock 18 under my flat baseball hat with the sticker still intact. I also smoked a cigarette once. I'm so bad.

Posted by: say ()
Date: November 02, 2010 07:04PM

Didn't Keith Simian say students should "pack heat"?

You know, in case a mass murderer stops by?

Posted by: Khgdeggxhbsje ()
Date: November 03, 2010 11:01PM

Theres no way that many kids take guns to school. I've taken that survey twice and I just bubble in random stuff. No one takes them seriously. The county should probably stop issuing them out if the numbers are gonna be that far out of whack.

Posted by: Les Govern ()
Date: November 04, 2010 12:21AM

Bureaucrats love rules and numbers, and surveys provide them with numbers so they can make up new rules.

The answer is to get rid of the bureaucrats.

Posted by: ThePackLeader ()
Date: November 04, 2010 01:45AM

I used to rock a Mac-10 when I was at El Herndon.

==================================================================================================
"And if any women or children get their legs torn off, or faces caved in, well, it's tough shit for them." -2LT. Bert Stiles, 505th, 339th (On Berlin Bombardier Mission, 1944).

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.