HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
Utah/VA/FL/ME CCW Course Springfield VA Saturday 11/6 9AM - 1PM
Posted by: learn2shoot ()
Date: November 01, 2010 09:17PM

I am a National Rifle Association and Utah Bureau of Criminal Identification certified instructor that offers a class that meets the mandated requirements for a permit to carry a concealed handgun in at least 30 states. This permit is referred to as the Utah non-resident permit; you are not required to be a resident of Utah to obtain the permit. DC residents welcome.

The class will be held on Saturday November 6th from 9AM - 1PM in Springfield VA. All you need to do is show up for the class (a gun is not required) and I take care of the rest.

The class fee includes the required instruction, materials, fingerprinting, photograph and postage. You will receive your permit within 60 days.

For more information visit contact Bill Clark at learn2shoot@discovershooting.net or via phone at 888-50-PERMIT (888-507-3764). I accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, PayPal, GPal, cash, check or guns(at my choice).

The cost is $120.00 for the class and includes all costs (except the permit application fee). Pre-registration guarantees your seat but walk-ins/add-ons are welcome if space permits.

This permit is reciprocal with the following states -
Alaska, Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa(not effective yet), Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Mississippi, Montana, North Carolina, North Dakota, New Hampshire, Nevada, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Vermont, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming (I do my best to ensure this is accurate, but I am not perfect)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Utah/VA/FL/ME CCW Course Springfield VA Saturday 11/6 9AM - 1PM
Posted by: Marine Gunny ()
Date: November 01, 2010 10:09PM

+1 for a great thread!! I've referenced this before on another thread. Some residents have NO knowledge of this license in conjunction with the VACWP. Put your info on this other site that I'm a member of: www.vaguntrader.com I'm sure you will land a few more trainees. Respectfully, ~Marine Gunny

Posted by: laern2shoot ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:42AM

You do need to have a VA carry perrnit prior to taking this course. Having both provides great coverage.

Posted by: skippy ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:59AM

So this course does not serve for a CA ccp?

Posted by: Yahweh ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:26PM

I wouldn't get a CC permit, cuz I dont want my name posted in wikileaks.

My dad wont do this because he believes the government is keeping track of his guns so they can easily take them away when the dems take over.

Date: November 04, 2010 12:35PM

No the Utah permit will not allow you to carry in California.

@Yahewh - The state of Utah does not release names as VA does so it might be a better permit to get. Cannot say your father is wrong... so nothing there - except he is likely on a list already assuming they are tracking all 4473 forms.

Posted by: ???? ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:45AM

$120 are you fucking kidding me?

You expect us to pay you $120 to stand in front of us, ramble on for a couple hours and then process paper work?

What a fucking joke.

Seriously, what a fucking joke! I already have my VA CCW and firmly believe in the right to carry.

You sir are a disgusting opportunist.

Date: November 05, 2010 12:59PM

This includes the photocopy of driver's license, fingerprinting and photographing included in the fee. So there is no need to go to Kinkos, or poilce station. My prices are about $5 dollars higher than some other instructors; but paying a small amount more for convenience of one stop shopping is what I am offering. My prices are VERY much in line with other instructors offering the Utah CCW class.

If you don't like my prices; you are not required to take my class.

(BTW thanks for the bump)

Posted by: Dick C ()
Date: November 05, 2010 01:05PM

No thanks. I'd rather carry a shotgun and shoot my partner in the face.

Posted by: GT3 ()
Date: November 05, 2010 03:12PM

Close the Va. gun show loophole and maybe I may attend.

Posted by: Windwood Res ()
Date: November 06, 2010 01:32PM

what is the gun show loophole?

Posted by: eesh ()
Date: November 06, 2010 10:21PM

learn2shoot,

Can you use a Utah permit to buy multiple handguns in a month period, or is that a privilege for VA permit holders only?

Posted by: Ralph Pootawn ()
Date: November 09, 2010 01:51PM

CCW? Do you mean CHP?

Fingerprinting and photographs are not required for VA CHP. Although hands-on training is good, you can take the required course online for $40.

Posted by: Virginian ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:12PM

Screw getting the government's possession to carry a concealed handgun. Just open carry without a license!

Posted by: Virginian ()
Date: November 09, 2010 03:12PM

Permission*

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.