HomeFairfax General ForumArrest/Ticket SearchWiki newPictures/VideosChatArticlesLinksAbout
Fairfax County General :  Fairfax Underground fairfax underground logo
Welcome to Fairfax Underground, a project site designed to improve communication among residents of Fairfax County, VA. Feel free to post anything Northern Virginia residents would find interesting.
You broke the law, Right? Quit your winning...
Posted by: ihatethiscounty ()
Date: August 17, 2007 01:18PM

FOLLOW UP THREAD TO 'I GOT A TICKET IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE'

I was just thinking about those who said "You broke the law, Right? Quit your winning..." etc in response to my getting a ticket after 3 days of an expired state inspection.

If 3 days is the threshold, then you must get your inspection done by the second day. Based on the 31 days I had to do it, that just a 6% (2/31days) leeway.

How would you feel if that was applied to speeding. The law says that the speed limit is 35mph, Right. If you go over it and then you have broken the law. Right? So the leeway you should get is only %6 or 37 mph (or 58 in a 55mph zone).

Now you self serving types can't tell me you have never broken the law, its just that you haven't gotten a ticket yet (because obviously the leeway for speeding is far greater than 6%). How would you feel if the county started writing tickets for everyone speeding (58/55 or 37/35)?

Just a thought.

------------------------
For those how responded to the last post, thanks it was entertaining. I was thinking about it this morning on the first tee.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: You broke the law, Right? Quit your winning...
Date: August 17, 2007 01:22PM

Oops Thats whining not winning.

Posted by: lol ()
Date: August 17, 2007 01:48PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How would
> you feel if the county started writing tickets for
> everyone speeding (58/55 or 37/35)?

irrelevant argument you had 31 days to think about it dope

Date: August 17, 2007 01:55PM

I was out of town, so I really didn't have the time you say. Should I have done it the month before?

But the argument is valid anyway. If the speed limit is 35mph and you go 36, you are breaking the law... moron.

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 17, 2007 01:56PM

Leeway? There is no leeway on stuff like that...you could have gotten that ticket at 12:01 a.m. on the 1st!

Why do people wait until the last minute to do every damn thing? Nobody's that damn busy...and they always have time to do the shit they WANT to do.

I get my inspections done in the MIDDLE OF THE MONTH that they're due...it's a piece of cake...no lines...and I'm outta there in minutes!

Posted by: duh ()
Date: August 17, 2007 01:58PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> I was out of town, so I really didn't have the
> time you say. Should I have done it the month
> before?

YES!

Posted by: . ()
Date: August 17, 2007 02:23PM

Would you please GIVE IT A REST!?!

Date: August 17, 2007 03:04PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> I was out of town, so I really didn't have the
> time you say. Should I have done it the month
> before?

sure, it is perfectly fine to do the inspection early, you just "lose" a month because the sticker would then expire in june next year instead of in july. and yeah maybe if we all knew a cop would go out of his way to pull us for 1mph over and we had 31 days to think about it maybe we wouldnt do it. but cops ticket the day after the month all the time, and never ticket for 1 mile over, so your argument sucks dope

Posted by: YouHateThisCountySoLeave ()
Date: August 17, 2007 03:29PM

ihatethiscounty wrote:
--------
How would you feel if that was applied to speeding. The law says that the speed limit is 35mph, Right. If you go over it and then you have broken the law. Right? So the leeway you should get is only %6 or 37 mph (or 58 in a 55mph zone).

Now you self serving types can't tell me you have never broken the law, its just that you haven't gotten a ticket yet (because obviously the leeway for speeding is far greater than 6%). How would you feel if the county started writing tickets for everyone speeding (58/55 or 37/35)?

Just a thought.

--------

How would I feel? I would definitely come onto a message board and whine, gripe, bitch and moan until I got just one person to support my inane stupidity. But seriously, writing a ticket for a speed 6% over the speed limit would be nearly impossible to withstand a test in court as radar/laser guns are routinely off by as much as 10%, a fact most law enforcement acknowledge. The fact that many radar/laser guns can be 10% off would automatically lead to "reasonable doubt." However, if the technology existed to precisely and accurately determine the speed of a vehicle 100% of the time, the police would be within their authority to issue tickets. People may not like it, but breaking a law is breaking a law - something that has seemed to escape your infinte genius.

You are really comparing apples to oranges, so your argument is not as valid as you claim. They are two completely different offenses. Unless, you are aguing that you may have been given a ticket in some strange space time warp that exists only around your car, your offense was a clear cut violation of the statute. According to you, "I only blew a .09"; "The light was red for only 1/2 a second"; "I was only going 2 MPH when I rolled through that Stop sign"; "I was only 3 MPH over reckless" and "I signaled 3 seconds AFTER I changed lanes" are all valid defenses to the infractions committed. Face it, you failed to do what was expected of you. How long were cops supposed to wait before issuing a ticket? Would you prefer they drove by every day for a few days then issue you a ticket? Is that a better resource of their time? And let me guess, it was first on your list to get done as soon as you got back.

All that being said, I might be willing to cut you some slack and so might the police and/or court if you had an emergency and were called out of the area before the end of the month and couldn't get back in time to get it done. But, you went on vacation, was it an "emergency vacation"?

Look, bottom line, nobody supports you here, and I doubt anyone anywhere else does. Sure, I am sure you have talked to neighbors and friends and they act sympathetic, but in the back of their minds they are thinking what a whiney dumbass you are.

"Just a BETTER thought"

Posted by: watcher ()
Date: August 17, 2007 03:42PM

I agree with the previous post, all except the part about radar/lidar being "routinely off by 10%". Can you cite where you got that information from ? If you are talking about the cosine effect in RADAR, it benefits the target vehicle by displaying a lower speed, not a higher one.

Posted by: cw ()
Date: August 17, 2007 03:44PM

some people wait until the beginning of the next month so they can get an extra month on the inspection. Say if it expired in July then you have it done the first or second day of August to gain the additional month. Only problem is, as seen above, if you get caught.

Posted by: RadarO'Reilly ()
Date: August 17, 2007 04:02PM

Actually, the cosine effect only displays lower speeds when the radar is stationary. If the radar is moving, it can display higher speeds. Cosine effect is just one of a few possible errors with radar. Error can come from User error, interference, terrain problems, etc.

Posted by: Blah ()
Date: August 17, 2007 04:04PM

OK, enough radar talk, the dude broke the law, now he pays. Case Closed!!!

Posted by: JustAThought ()
Date: August 17, 2007 04:31PM

You said you owned a business, right? Would you be fine with your employees knocking off 29 minutes (6%) early every day? Or, your customers trimming off 6% of the bill?

Posted by: pyramids17 ()
Date: August 17, 2007 05:43PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:
> If 3 days is the threshold, then you must get your
> inspection done by the second day. Based on the 31
> days I had to do it, that just a 6% (2/31days)
> leeway.

Threshold? There's a ZERO day leeway you fucking idiot. I don't think you deserve to live here if you're that stupid. You actually made another thread out of this? Stop wasting space you loser! Like I said in the last thread, the same thing happened to me. I got an expired inspection ticket in front of my house. You need to find a new home. Preferably not in this state.

Make sure you ponder that shit long and hard on the 18th green.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2007 05:44PM by pyramids17.

Date: August 17, 2007 05:44PM

JustAThought Wrote:
> You said you owned a business, right? Would you be
> fine with your employees knocking off 29 minutes
> (6%) early every day? Or, your customers trimming
> off 6% of the bill?

of course he would. you see, the poster believes he doesn't have to obey any rules and should be given slack, just because he is who he is. he was too fucking stupid to keep the car in the garage so the cops wouldn't happen by it, but we should forgive him as he shouldn't have to take those steps. in fact he should have fuckin 007 tattood on his forehead so we know he can just do whatever he wants. cause when he doesn't he wastes our time with his little girl whiney posts.

Posted by: Jeeves ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:18AM

Too bad you are not illegal. If so it will not matter.

Posted by: Gravis ()
Date: August 18, 2007 01:33PM

i retract my post. i misread the original post.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2007 03:00PM by Gravis.

Posted by: G-Man ()
Date: August 18, 2007 02:34PM

Sure I have broken the law and got tickets for it too. I did not bitch about it. I paid my tickets and moved on. Thats life.

Posted by: 4wheeler ()
Date: August 18, 2007 06:15PM

ihatethiscounty Wrote:

> If 3 days is the threshold, then you must get your
> inspection done by the second day. Based on the 31
> days I had to do it, that just a 6% (2/31days)
> leeway.
I was thinking about it this
> morning on the first tee.

First of all, There is no threshhold, you just got cought 3 days past due since one of your neighbors from your exclusive "hood" thought (what do you think) that it is ilegal to have an expired inspection sticker. Where you on vacation for 4 weeks and 3 days?...Think about that wen you are on your next teeoff, jackass

Date: August 18, 2007 07:33PM

4wheeler Wrote:
> First of all, There is no threshhold, you just got
> cought 3 days past due since one of your neighbors
> from your exclusive "hood" thought (what do you
> think) that it is ilegal to have an expired
> inspection sticker. Where you on vacation for 4
> weeks and 3 days?...Think about that wen you are
> on your next teeoff, jackass

Thanks for repeating EXACTLY what I said 5 posts earlier. It's good for him though. I think Ihatethiscounty could probably use some repetition in his life.

Posted by: slipper ()
Date: August 19, 2007 03:24PM

Hey ihatethiscounty,
I slipped it in your wife. Don't worry though, I only put 6% of me in her. Still, she said it was bigger than what she's been getting. Obviously, you can't have a problem with it because it was only 6% in her. Am I right?

Posted by: 496 ()
Date: August 19, 2007 08:43PM

ihatethiscounty needs a good tuning up witha nightstick.

Date: August 20, 2007 05:49PM

Yes. I just called the police and gave them his address. I informed them that he is black AND hispanic. They assured me their nightsticks were already drawn.

I also told them he needs a second ticket because he still hasn't done his inspection.

No more "winning" bitch.

Posted by: Schrute ()
Date: August 20, 2007 06:45PM

It should also be noted that you didn't have 31 days to get your car inspected, you had 365 days. If you knew you would be off in the Hamptons on holiday, perhaps you could have gone the month before. You have the $15 bucks to throw around, so losing a month on your $15 dollar investment shouldn't be that big of a deal.

You're just upset because you only get laid 6% of the year, lets be honest...

Posted by: 1% ()
Date: August 20, 2007 07:13PM

Schrute Wrote:
> It should also be noted that you didn't have 31
> days to get your car inspected, you had 365 days.
> If you knew you would be off in the Hamptons on
> holiday, perhaps you could have gone the month
> before. You have the $15 bucks to throw around,
> so losing a month on your $15 dollar investment
> shouldn't be that big of a deal.
>
> You're just upset because you only get laid 6% of
> the year, lets be honest...

I think 6% is being generous. Try %1.

Posted by: slinkeyts ()
Date: August 20, 2007 11:29PM

try 0%

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2007 11:29PM by slinkeyts.

Posted by: bdimag ()
Date: August 21, 2007 12:36PM

just a little by the way.. getting laid 6% of the year means fucking for about an hour and a half EVERY DAY OF THE YEAR..

1% being about 15 minutes every day.. or 30 minutes every 2 days.. (which is probably the case for most people)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2007 12:38PM by bdimag.

Your Name: 
Your Email (Optional): 
Subject: 
Attach a file
  • No file can be larger than 75 MB
  • All files together cannot be larger than 300 MB
  • 30 more file(s) can be attached to this message
Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically.
This forum powered by Phorum.